FM18: Everton FC - The People's Club

SwedenYid

EPISODE 2

okay we won the league and the league cup.. but was that it? is that all you expect from Everton? 

after the league ended, we had 2 more very important cup finals to play for.. 

unfortunately we lost the FA final against Arsenal, and at that point our only goal was to somehow beat Bayern at CL!

and we did it! we won it!

really didnt expected this, i must admit :) 

but our tactics totally locked Bayern even though we played with only %40 possesion, we won 2-0- we played incredibly smart.

i must say the key is to press press press against the inferior teams(excluding the dmc&dc's).

for example i knew their full backs were really good so my wingers were pressing on a rage mode just like fullback.. and i play really hard (excluding the central defenders ) 

Episode 3 will be about the new season preparations, but now i'm off to celebrating this magnificent achievement.

SUMMARY:

SEASON 1: LEAGUE: 3RD LEAGUE CUP: QUARTER FINAL FA CUP: WINNER EUROPA: QUARTER FINAL

SEASON 2: LEAGUE: WINNER LEAGUE CUP: WINNER FA CUP: FINALIST CL: WINNER 

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 17.51.36.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 18.09.46.png

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, CapaJr said:

EPISODE 2

okay we won the league and the league cup.. but was that it? is that all you expect from Everton? 

after the league ended, we had 2 more very important cup finals to play for.. 

unfortunately we lost the FA final against Arsenal, and at that point our only goal was to somehow beat Bayern at CL!

and we did it! we won it!

really didnt expected this, i must admit :) 

but our tactics totally locked Bayern even though we played with only %40 possesion, we won 2-0- we played incredibly smart. i must say the key is to press press press against the inferior teams. for example i knew their full backs were really good so my wingers were pressing on a rage mode just like fullback.. and i play really hard (excluding the central defenders) 

Episode 3 will be about the new season preparations, but now i'm off to celebrating this magnificent achievement.

SUMMARY:

SEASON 1: LEAGUE: 3RD LEAGUE CUP: QUARTER FINAL FA CUP: WINNER EUROPA: QUARTER FINAL

SEASON 2: LEAGUE: WINNER LEAGUE CUP: WINNER FA CUP: FINALIST CL: WINNER 

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 17.51.36.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 18.09.46.png

Amazing work. Congratulations! :applause:

EPISODE 3

After an incredible second season, our player values have skyrocketed- mostly because of the CL Trophy of course.. 

So we had to use that to our advantage, and we did it! 

Some very interesting deals happened:

GOOD DEAL 1: Ancelotti took over United and day1 he placed Lukaku on the transfer list for 50m euro's and also sent him to the reserves.. 

Meanwhile, Sandro's value gone up to 60m euro's and although he did perform really good- he definitely was not worth 60m!  

so even before i was aware of Lukaku's situation, I knew Sandro's temporary "value bubble" could burst, so i placed him on the transfer list. and United was interested :) (then i found out about Lukaku's situation) 

So, what did i do? I asked for Lukaku+10m, and they accepted it! so now i have Lukaku for FREE :D:D:D 

GOOD DEAL 2:  right after we beat Arsenal at our last game of the season, (Siggy scored 2 goals against them) 

Arsenal was interested in our Icelander star..

He was 29 and getting 30 this season and earning 7m for two more year. 

SO, we sold him for 45m!!

this meant we nearly got all the money we invested in him in the first place! :thup:

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 05.17.21.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 04.11.29.png

Really happy with the 2nd season. We were competing in the top echelon for majority of the season and managed to finish 4th. I felt we were a genuine title contender, but probably lacked the depth required to push in after x-mas. Perhaps my own fault, turned down so good targets to continue to give opportunity to the home produced talent. Very happy with Champions League football though, will be a big financial boost for the club to continue to upgrade facilities. In addition to all this, we were able to bring home the FA cup, winning the final on penalties. Was nice to deliver some silverware to the club and all the more so with all 18 players named in the match day squad being home grown.

With minimal spending, good sales and CL football, the club decided to reward me with a transfer kitty of 200million. I had no intention of spending it all given it was 3/4 of our balance and i had planned facility upgrades to request. But none the less, it was nice to have some money to bring in 1-2 targets and we all know local talent cost that bit extra.

Transfers IN 19/20:
Saido Berahino (35million)
Will Hughes (18.5million)
Gary Cahill (Free)
Giovani Le Celso (4.6million)
Jadon Sancho (47.5million)

Transfers OUT 19/20:
Mason Holgate (3million)
Seamus Coleman (27.5million)
Sandro (42.5million)
Borja San Emeterio (5million)

Seamus wanted an enormous contract and at 30 i wasn't prepared to pay it. Barca came calling for Sandro and i couldn't say no. The others both have buy backs on them should they perform well. Jadon Sancho was a huge outlay, but one i was willing to make given he fit the mould and has enormous talent (5 star). 

See how we go in the third season, im hoping to make the group stages and perform well and aim for another top 4 spot. Here's the squad:

GK - Sam Johnstone
GK - Jordan Pickford
RB - Sam Byram
CB - Gary Cahill
CB - Rob Holding
CB - Phil Jones
CB - Chris Smalling
LB - Kieran Tierney
LB - Brendan Galloway
CM - Tom Davies
CM - Will Hughes
CM - Lewis Cook
CM - Leon Goretzka
AM - Gylfi Sigurdsson
AM - Giovani Lo Celso
FWD - Saido Berahino
FWD - Jadon Sancho
FWD - Danny Ings
FWD - Ademola Lookman

Few kids promoted from the 18s to the reserves who im really keen to give some opportunties too. Young lad called Mohamed Chabbi who i picked up first season (regen) looks really top level. Could get some cup game time.

On 17/11/2017 at 16:13, QuassoRP said:

Sounds like you've really steadied the ship and doing a good job. Dembele is a top signing and fingers crossed you manage to keep hold of Gueye he really is a good player again on this version. 

What tactics are you playing? Still similar to your previous post?

Nah ditched that. Going with a 4-3-1-2 now. The 2 DMs thing didn't work.

On 19/11/2017 at 02:45, CapaJr said:

EPISODE 3

After an incredible second season, our player values have skyrocketed- mostly because of the CL Trophy of course.. 

So we had to use that to our advantage, and we did it! 

Some very interesting deals happened:

GOOD DEAL 1: Ancelotti took over United and day1 he placed Lukaku on the transfer list for 50m euro's and also sent him to the reserves.. 

Meanwhile, Sandro's value gone up to 60m euro's and although he did perform really good- he definitely was not worth 60m!  

so even before i was aware of Lukaku's situation, I knew Sandro's temporary "value bubble" could burst, so i placed him on the transfer list. and United was interested :) (then i found out about Lukaku's situation) 

So, what did i do? I asked for Lukaku+10m, and they accepted it! so now i have Lukaku for FREE :D:D:D 

GOOD DEAL 2:  right after we beat Arsenal at our last game of the season, (Siggy scored 2 goals against them) 

Arsenal was interested in our Icelander star..

He was 29 and getting 30 this season and earning 7m for two more year. 

SO, we sold him for 45m!!

this meant we nearly got all the money we invested in him in the first place! :thup:

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 05.17.21.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 04.11.29.png

What is the name of the tactic you use??? :-) 

I have started with Everton, played 2 games in the PL; Watford (H) 2-2 and West Ham (A) 1-0 (lost). Using my default 4-2-3-1 formation, served me well in the friendlies and in the European qualifying, but I am struggling in the league.

Signed Gian-Luca Itter, Jordan Torunarigha and Moussa Dembele as well as selling Besic to West Ham for £16m.

Struggling with injuries though; at one point the only fit CMs I had were Beningime, Adeniran and Schneiderlin, and Dembele, Rooney, Sigurdsson and Gueye are all currently out for between 10 days and 6 weeks.

Playing Keane and Holgate as my CBs, and Garbutt has been playing LB as Baines was also injured, so I have pace at the back, but the high line just isn't working so far; all the goals scored against me are from balls over the back. Coupled with a lack of chances created (Sandro has been really disappointing in the league, with an average of 6.40 over the two games. Fared better in Europe, but I need some inspiration with regards the league, for sure.

On 11/21/2017 at 10:27, PG2060 said:

What is the name of the tactic you use??? :-) 

I made my own tactics, i am not at home but i will insert a screenshot when i get home but from what i can remember, here are a few tricks;

1)i join %80 of the team briefings, always give personal instructions to at least 4-5 of my own players, always underline important stuff for the match, like work into the box etc.. 

for example my advanced playmaker at MC position is Barkley and i tell him to INTENSIVELY hassle opponents and play really rough- the same instruction goes for my wingers too.. when you tell these guys to join your defensive play, you block the attacking full backs and the midfield center of the opposition.

you must however, do the opposite with your DMC & MC: make sure they never push up and rotate, they must just hold their position and let closing down to their teammates. 

2)always rotate team training depending on the opposition + always analyze the opponent correctly, dont just use the same instruction for every team.

playing against Wolves at home will require different mentality compare to a difficult away game. 

for example if i play against Liv at Anfield, i untick work ball into the box, and tick stick to the positions, also i make sure they stay on their feet. (normally both tackling options are un ticked) 

because these kind of games i dont want to spend ages building up the perfect play + i must remain loyal to a script game plan without too much roaming. 

3)the rest are classic rules of thumb, if you have a three men midfield, make sure you dont have 2 guys on a roaming role, make sure at least 2 likes to stick to their own positions, if you play inside forwards, make sure you have attacking full backs, if you play with wingers, make sure your attacking fullbacks dont over crowd the position with your winger, also make sure your central defenders level of closing down is decreased to less then sometimes, and make sure they dont play hard. 

4)this version of FM got into a lot more detail with the set pieces, this time you have 4-5different locations  on the pitch you need to plan for when using a free kick, think smart, careful and make sure you train set pieces during the week. i often score from free kicks with a good cross and the best header guy basically passes down to a team mate, and there it is, gooooal!! 

5)Lets say that its the 89th minute and i am winning 0-1 against Liverpool.

i become the most hated manager of all time, i contain the ball, waste time, short passes+ make sure i place my DMC to DC, AMC to DMC,  FC to AMC etc..  make sure they just pass around etc.. 

this way, the top teams rarely score a late goal against me :) 

i'll include some other stuff if i remember. 

Completed the third season! Again another really good season. Consolidated ourselves as a very strong team, finishing 3rd, some 6 points off winners Man United. On the Cup front, had a really successful Champions League run, losing on away goals to A. Madrid in the semi final. Too be honest, this far exceeded expectations and probably cost us 6-9 points in the league, and possibly the title. Knocked out of the League Cup by Spurs in the semi's, and Won the FA cup final vs Man United. Overall i was really happy with the season, and it set the foundations to really kick on in the next season. Upgrade several of the facilities, expanded the coaching staff and scouting networks.

Transfers 20/21:
Brexit became official and we are now out of the EU so recruiting was a bit stricter.

IN:
Eric Dier - 38.5million
Bernardo Silva - 55million
Riccardo Orsolini - 3.1million (loaned back)
Total - 97million

OUT:
Danny Ings - 12.5million
Gylfi Sigurdsson - 27million
Leon Goretzka - 85million
Ademola Lookman - 22.5million
Jonjoe Kenny - 2.5million (buyback)
Sam Johnstone - 6million
Total - 160million

Really happy with the Ins. Dier is an Elite English talent and I couldn't believe when Silva was Transfer Listed. Feel like they will add that next level of talent to the squad.

Outs were mixed. I would have loved to have kept hold of Goretzka, but when i signed him on a free he demanded a release clause of 85million. Sigurdsson and Lookman were in the last year of their contracts and wanted ludicrous wages. Ings injury troubles continued so i was happy to let him go when a bid came in.

Have a few kids coming through. The lad Chabbi who i mentioned was impressing me got some solid game time. He's looking like a serious talent:

5a17ec798453e_MohamedChabbi_OverviewAttributes-2.thumb.png.93f228a7ae5cbb8a7c5ecdeaae1bb392.png

5a17ec6fe436d_MohamedChabbi_HistoryCareerStats.thumb.png.a86ba304252be0e1bff972ff10338107.png

Big year ahead. Time to win the league!

Hit Xmas equal top of the ladder with United. Managed to qualify after a very tough CL group (including R. Madrid, Dortmund & Ajax). Have United in the League Cup semi finals and still in the FA cup. Reasonably happy with the squad, but still feel we're one or two players short of being Elite. Spurs had struggled last season and finished 8th, missing out on continental football. Alli & Kane both unhappy not playing CL football, and with Spurs sitting 3rd and looking like they will qualify, i decided to go after them in the January Window.

Hit the back end of January now and managed to secure my top targets. Released a couple just to ensure the finances remained healthy:

20/21 Summer Window:
INS:
Dele Alli - 80million
Harry Kane - 90million
Renato Sanches - 8million (transfer listed)

OUTS:
Will Hughes - 30million
Brendan Galloway - 27.5million
Saido Berahino - 42.5million
Giovani Lo Celso - 47.5million

Will take a few games for the new lads to settle in, but very excited for the 2nd half of the season.

While my Everton run is going well, clearly something isn't working with Sandro, he just isn't scoring at all.

Dembele, even while the other teams has figured out tackling him to hell is the key, is working way better, though not with any role that include hold up ball.

He did start to get drafted by his international team, but I could use a clue to get the "Amazing Sandro", because he really comes with zero magic for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Gave up on Sandro at the start of third season, he was a waste of wage, sold him to Internsomething in Italy for 30 m. (He was worth 60m, but without a 42 goal season to back up his price that wasn't going to be buyers for him.)

Bough Andrë Silva from Chelsea for 20m in direct cash and a ton more if he plays for us (He went nuts on his manager for breaking some promise), he is just sooo much more alive on the pitch, even when he doesn't score in a match he create a few chances for someone else.

Though in Sandro's defense, the attack support personnel isn't supplying the striker with chances. I win matches, because I have a fantastic defense, I only need 1 goal to win.

I'm running into a different problem though, I'm failing FFP for wage rise, I really hate those contract negotiations, so DoF handle it, but now I'm checking what he has done, I'm horrified. Tom Davis went form 200K to 1M in pay.... He is paying a couple hot prospects (that didn't turn out hot) 200K+, Resulting in me having to let the contract run out, as they just wasn't worth the wage. Never in all my years of FM have the DoF totally blown the budget this badly, I was over FFP wage rise by 1m (16m wage budget) and had to cleanup and sell players, even loaned Gueye out to Atletico Madrid for full paid pay + money (Though that was perhaps pointless as it just reduce the wage bill, but doesn't reduce overall wage rise of the club).

I hope the FFP problem just result in a fine.

Going from Everton the relegation candidate pre-game to Everton the world beater in the first season, really doesn't work very well due to having to pay players more. I'm going to start negotiation contracts myself, but I fear my DoF isn't broken, the players just think they are worth those amounts.

Just about to start my third season. 

Gone a bit crazy with buying etc but this is my squad rather happy lol.

GK - Pickford, Predrag Rajkovic

Defenders - Mori, Keane, Bastoni, Balanta, Lewis Gibson, Coleman, Ajer, Nicolas Tagliafico

Midfielders - Tom Davies, Ruben Neves, Gueye , Bentancur, Barbosa, Lucas Lima, Barkley, Klassan, Mirallas, Pavon, Siggy, Calvert-Lewin, Henry Onyekuru, Vlasic

Forwards - Dembele & Sandro

Everton original team evaluation:

Jordan seem to have nervous ticks, but not enough to harm his ability to play if you handle him right.

Michael Keane is mentally unstable, I think he has a problem with pressure that breaks his ability to play well.

Seamus Coleman is pretty solid. (32 and no drop in speed yet, debating giving him a 1 year contract in 4th season)

Ross Barkley mentals is troublesome, but he is amazing when he overarchives.

Gylfi is nothing short of fantastic as a Mezzala/S and he saves those matches where Ross is broken.

Bolasie switches between being world class and Sunday league footballer. Very frustrating.

James McCarthy fantastic in friendlies and get worse and worse the more important he think the match is.

Gueye is really good when he plays at his best, but he cost us points when he decide to tackle backwards and create a through ball for the opposition striker.

Besic same story as Gueye has fantastic games and red card games or worse.

Rooney has me as adversary, enough said, he never worked for me.

Bains did well on pitch and fantastic as Captain until he retired, I could always trust asking him to fix player interaction issues.

Phil, Lenon and Ashley is fantastic players for any Championship club, but was destroyed by good prem league opposition.

I think Ramiro might have been a really good engine player, but I never gave him a chance due to playing hot prospects. (He is still active for OL in 4th season)

Sandro 61 apps, 22 goals, 9 assists. That is just not good enough. (He has 1 goal in 11 matches for his new club)

The key to be a good manager is to put together a team where you have players that can play 6.5 on rare bad days 6.7 on normal and occasionally have super days. It's fine that Ross has a 6.7 or 6.5 day if Gylfi has an 8.0 day, though it doesn't help much that Gylfi has an 8.0 day if Sandro has a 6.0 and never scores on all the key passes Gylfi gives him. What saved my first season was that usually Gylfi, Ross, Geuye even Morgan scored instead, with the wingers having the occasional good spells too, but it was an extremely lucky first season.

9 hours ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

Midfielders - Tom Davies, Ruben Neves, Gueye , Bentancur, Barbosa, Lucas Lima, Barkley, Klassan, Mirallas, Pavon, Siggy, Calvert-Lewin, Henry Onyekuru, Vlasic

Forwards - Dembele & Sandro

Now I hate you, 4th season and Henry still hasn't gotten a work permit.

Mirallas decided he needed a new challenge and left the club. Calvert-Lewin wanted more first team football and I couldn't talk him out of it, so had to be sold. (He hates me so badly it's mentioned when I play against his new club, that is most likely going to get relegated. Not my fault you wanted to be in a crap club instead of being backup in a Prem/Champ winner club)

Gueye is on loan as mentioned, he makes to many mistakes and that is too dangerous in his position.

Where is Morgan, he is my key DM.

Ruben Neves is a nice player, but he got relegated out of the Prem early on and I'm not sure if he developed well fooling around in the Championship.

4-1-2-3 DM Wide.

GK: Jordan Pickford (Backup Pontus Dalhberg)

Defenders: Almamy Toure, Niklas Sule, Antonio Bareca,  Seamus Coleman, Brendan Galoway, Michael Keane. (Backup Justin Hoogma, Dairo Maresic)

Mid: Gylfi, Ross Barkley and Morgan Shinderlin.  (Backup Tom Davis and James McCarthy)

AMRL: Hirving Lozano, Harry Wilson. (Backup Barbosa, Nikola, Ademola Lookman)

Strikers: André Silva (Backup Moussa "3*" Dembélé and Pietro "Hot Prospect" Pellegri)

Not mentioning regens.

Felicio D'Amico is arriving in the 4th season January transfer window to supplement Harry Wilson. As soon as I signed the kid, the next item in my news box was Suso was on sale for pennies, Felicio might end up way better, but Suso is an elite IF in his prime years.

Think my scouts sold me bad data on Hoogma and Dairo, looks like they end up being 2½ star players (good game engine players though), converting Dario to a DM, he just didn't end up developing enough to be a DC.

Morgan is shortlisted by Barcelona, Jordan is on Real Madrids shortlist. While I could accept selling Morgan, loosing Jordan would be close to game over, he has won us games so many times.

Vry nice team Mir.

Interesting Gueye has been killing it for me and he is scoring heaps of goals from DM for me. Calvert Lewis is my star. Use him as a winger on the right he scores for fun. 

I've also got D'Amico coming in soon lol. 

I just had a 82 million pound bid for Sandro which i've rejected. Am i stupid!!! lol

Henry just got his workpermit. Bought him for not much and worth 35 million pounds now. 

I would recommed using Lewis Gibson the young fullback. He becomes a wonderkid left bac!!

Morgan wanted to leave so i sold him for a huge amount to man city. With 50% of next transfer coming to me i am keen  to see if they sell him lol

Also sold Mcarthey to city for some reason they wanted him. He played 7 games over 2 seasons for them then was sold for qrt of the value. 

Gueye did have good games, Besic too.

Lewis got low PA in my save and he has zero flair anyway and low crossing, so he is the backups backup with 2 star CA and 3 star (black) PA.

Brendan Galoway is my left back, better stats than Lewis and having a back with heading is nice. (He isn't a good enough DC to play for a prem team IMO, though I'm just realizing that perhaps he should be a DM)

27 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

Gueye did have good games, Besic too.

Lewis got low PA in my save and he has zero flair anyway and low crossing, so he is the backups backup with 2 star CA and 3 star (black) PA.

Brendan Galoway is my left back, better stats than Lewis and having a back with heading is nice. (He isn't a good enough DC to play for a prem team IMO, though I'm just realizing that perhaps he should be a DM)

Nice for me I have lewis as 3 starts with potential for another black. must be different coaches and opinion lol I still have galoway but he is out on loan at current 

15 minutes ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

Nice for me I have lewis as 3 starts with potential for another black. must be different coaches and opinion lol I still have galoway but he is out on loan at current 

Most (?) hot prospects has random range of PA, so you got the max PA Lewis and I got the low PA dud.

That why I didn't include most of the hot prospect players in my evaluation (and OMG Everton has a ton of those), can't be sure they are like mine.

I'm having a bit of a mare in my Everton save. Had a poor start to the season, so I gave Calvert-Lewin and Lookman a chance against Arsenal, and they scored two each. Since then I keep drawing.

How much does the budget generally increase at the end of the first season, or maybe even January? I struggled to find a striker with the money available, so decided to stick with Sandro, Niasse and Rooney for now.

Hi, just got to the winter tranfer window and need to buy a new striker as I use 3 up top any recomendations? I've been scouting around but nobody seems to look right for me so far

Also I have the chance of taking Jack Wilshere for peanuts, think he's worth a gamble??

I'm approaching January 2018 in my Everton save. My form has transformed since my last post, and I'm unbeaten in around ten games, up to 6th in the table and through to the knock-out stages of the Europa League.

I only signed Axel Tuanzebe (loan) in the summer, so now I've been given an increased budget heading into January. I've already agreed to sign Danny Ings (£8M) and I've agreed deals to get rid of Stekelenburg, Lennon and Robles. Williams, Garbutt and Besic all want out, and I'm trying to get Klaasen, Martina and possibly Rooney to follow them too. A mid-season clear-out isn't the best idea, but none of these players have been featuring, and I'd be content with a top 8 finish this season, with something to build on going into 2018/19.

Finally got my Everton save past a day that crashed the game, by setting detail level to minimum until I got past the day, then returning it to maximum.

4th season looks like my 3rd league win in a row and a good chance of winning Champions Cup (Just beat Barca 0-2 in the first knockout round)

I think my success is down to one single player. Gylfi Sigurdsson played as a Mez/S in MCL.

I think most people consider him a IF/S in AML, but he is the best player in the Prem League (1st in rating with 7.80 in 4th season) as a Mez/S in MCL with Ross Barkley the AP/A in MCR.

Though you might want to try Ross as AMCR  (You want Asym so he doesn't conflict with Gylfi) as he score more goals in that position and it will work better if you only have wingers in AML/R, but with IF/S in AML/R Ross'es defensive work rate is way better used in MCR (He is at this best some weird BWM/S, but having AP/A as role on pitch).

I'm afraid I have no love for Idrissa Gueye, Besic and other of the old team, they aren't bad players, but they just don't have the ability to be consistently good, but I still use Morningstar as DM/D, if the opposition team is tougher, but I'm starting to favor Tom Davis as DLP/D over him.

Bottom line is Gylfi is the team, I'm fairly sure I could replace every single player around him and still be fine.

1 hour ago, Miravlix said:

I think my success is down to one single player. Gylfi Sigurdsson played as a Mez/S in MCL.

I've had success playing Sigurdsson there, and Barkley as an advanced playmaker, with Idrissa Gueye sat behind them. Currently, Barkley and Schneiderlin are out injured so I have Sigurdsson as the advanced playmaker, Gueye alongside him as a ball-winning midfielder, and McCarthy sat in behind, and it's working wonders. Unbeaten in around ten games, including big games against the likes of United, City and Arsenal.

Decided I'm going to start a new game as Everton. Already have one game going where I'm in charge of them and Wales and just finished my first season, but going to start another save game this time with transfers on first window. Also going to sell Barkley this time around since I can't see him staying with us in real life.

Playing as Everton in a multiplayer online game. First season finished 8th because my tactics were pants. 2nd season currently sitting 2nd in league challenging for title 1 point behind city. Already increased training facilities to max and increased stadium capacity by 10k. My team:

image.thumb.png.cc588b73228f8427ca0d770533d604e5.png

Havent played Rooney since day 1 still on books at 160k per week, contract runs out at end of season.

Hi,

not much of a poster but im having FFP problems with my current everton save. Its says im going to fail on FFP wage rise regulations but ive cut my wage bill quite a lot from last season. Has anyone had experience with this before? Im not sure if its cause im now out of the Europa league that im over the projected amount. I have a small squad as it is and i cant really sell anymore players. will this level out at the end of the season with prize money and be ok or should i be worried?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 12.58.01.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 12.58.07.png

Don't worry to much about FFP wage rise rules, I went over by 73m Euro and the game gave me a few million in fine, nothing else.

I'm not sure what Evertons problem with wage rise is, I've never had the problem before and has played Spurs in previous FM's where I kept handing out DoF negotiated new contracts every time the staff suggested it, but never heard anything about wage rise issues. With FM18 and Everton, I'm extremely frugal and don't give out new contracts without being close to the end of the old one and I just can't keep things under control, players like Tom Davis goes from 200K to over 1m in wage (André Silva World class Striker gets 900K)

So I have started with Everton on the latest 18.2.1 Database and three important points to note:-

1) I have English, Scottish, Argentinian, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Spanish and Italian leagues loaded so started at the start of the Brazilian season (26/12/16) which gives you months to get your team to gel to tactics and players to be tutored etc before the season starts.

2) I disabled first window transfers so no transfers  in January 2017 or the summer before 2017/18 season.

3) I was taken over by a Lithuanian tycoon (Gabrielius Kudirka) and was given a £142m transfer budget in January 2018 but I tried not to use it to mirror the real life situation.

2017/18 SEASON REVIEW

English Premier Division - Finished 3rd (Expectation qualify for EURO Cup). 

Man Utd (86 points) won from Arsenal (85) with me a little back on 74 points. Bournemouth finished 4th as Liverpool lost to Watford 1-0 final day which meant Liverpool finished 5th.  We led for the first third of the season as the tactic had bedded in (thanks to early start as alluded to above) but five defeats from seven matches (including 4 losses in a row)  in December saw us drop to fourth before we consolidated.

EURO Cup - Winners (Expectation was reach final).

A poor group campaign saw us finish second behind Real San Sebastian and go through ahead of Zenit on head to head results. A comfortable first round win over Hoffenheim was followed up by an equally good second round win over Koln and a close fought quarter final victory over AC Milan. It was Spurs in the semi final and after 3-2 wins were shared, we won 4-1 on penalties to set up an Arsenal final.  Sandro's hatt-trick helped us to a nervy 4-3 win.  

FA Cup - Knocked out in sixth round (Expectation was reach fifth round).

Burnley, West Brom and Wolves were despatched in the third, fourth and fifth rounds albeit Wolves after a replay. Chelsea at home in the sixth round (quarter final) but a penalty defeat following a 1-1 draw knocked us out.  Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0 in the final.

Carabao Cup - Knocked out in third round (Expectation was not important). 

Lost 2-0 to Liverpool although did have five back-up players in my starting eleven as I concentrated on other things. Burnley beat Arsenal 2-1 AET in the final, remarkable as Burnley finished 18th in the league and were relegated!

TRANSFERS

None until January 2018 when Funes Mori (£21.5m to Spurs), Gueye (£36m to Man City), Bolasie (£25m to Quanjian) and Lennon (£3.4m to Huddersfield departed). Rooney went on loan to Lazio (no monthly fee but they paid 50% of his wages) and Besic also went on loan to Lazio (no wages contribution but £195k monthly fee covered his wages). Robles went to NEwcastle on deadline day for £1.7m so total income was £90M.

Three big signings for me were De Ligt (£44m from Ajax), Shaw (£19.5m from Man Utd) and Zivkovic (£24.5m from SLB). Goalkeeper David Raya joined on deadline day for £5.25m from Blackburn after I lost Robles same day. A bit of a panic buy but I wanted a home grown player who would be prepared to be number two keeper. 

It was a big outlay for De Ligt but his stats had increased a lot from 26th December 2016 to 11th January 2018 so still described as wonderkid, he's probably one of the top twenty central defenders in the world now and should still improve. Shaw was transfer listed and although Man Utd wanted £28m for him, I declared interest etc and got him for £19.5m which was is actual value. Total outlay on transfers was £93M.

I'm pleased to only spend  a net of £3M.

Importantly, I persuaded Leon Goretzka to join on a free. No one else offered a contract and a big up front signing on bonus and £105k per week saw him say it was a good deal for his family financially.

PLAYERS

My formation is a 4-1-2-3 set-up with Sweeper Keeper, full backs as WB, two central defenders as BPLD. I then have 1 DM as DLP and two central midfielders as BBM and MEZ. The two wingers are IF and the loan striker is DLF.

Sandro had 39 starts and seven as a sub in all competitions and finished with 31 goals, 18 assists and a average rating of 7.73. This saw him with the Premier League golden boot (23 goals) with Defoe runner up on 18 and Morata in third on 16 goals. Sturridge, Berahinho and Aguero had 15 goals with Lacazette, Vardy and Gabbiadini on 14 goals. Wilson, Kane and Hazard had 13 goals.

Sandro also bagged Footballer of the Year, Player's Player of the Year and Player's Young Player of the Year award so a real standout performer.

Miralles chipped in with 17 goals, 16 assists and a rating of 7.49 whilst Barkley had 15 goals, 9 assists and a rating of 7.52. Sigurdsson also 13 goals, 11 assists and a rating of 7.15 whilst Coleman, Shaw and Schneiderlin all excelled average rating wise.

The formation was one of Knaps with my starting line up at the end being Pickford - Coleman Keane De Ligt Shaw - Davies - Schneiderlin Barkley - Miralle Sigurdsson Sandro.

I beat Liverpool 3-0 and shared a 2-2 draw in the league so happy to win the head to head in what has been an enjoyable season. My transfer budget for 2018/19 is provisionally £161M whilst I have lot of interest in my players to fend off so looking forward to season two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived