FM18: Everton FC - The People's Club

SwedenYid

1 hour ago, SwedenYid said:

That's got to be one the best 15 year old regens I've ever seen tbh. Imagine him in real life! He'd better than Rooney etc in that age surely?

Definitely in that ball park.

Think people forget how good Rooney was (for his age) back in 2002. Even with everything he's accomplished in the game, I don't think he lived up to the potential he showed at that age.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2018-01-24 at 21:57, TopToffee said:

Definitely in that ball park.

Think people forget how good Rooney was (for his age) back in 2002. Even with everything he's accomplished in the game, I don't think he lived up to the potential he showed at that age.

Yes I can see what you mean. He might have joined United a little too early in his career. A move I personally don't think would happen today.

3 hours ago, SwedenYid said:

Yes I can see what you mean. He might have joined United a little too early in his career. A move I personally don't think would happen today.

I dunno, even as an Everton fan I don't know if I'd blame it on that. I think a lot has to do with Rooney's character/personality.

When he was 16/17 he literally looked like he could end up the greatest player in history. He was far better than C.Ronaldo was at the same age. I think the difference came down to 2 things:

1) Rooney didn't dedicate himself to his craft the way Ronaldo did. By all accounts Ronaldo was the first in, last out of every training session, and was absolutely obsessive about fitness etc. The same simply can't be said for Wayne.

2) Rooney has throughout his career been far more willing to do whatever was best for the team, irrespective of whether it was best for him as an individual. This has meant he's played all over the place, and throughout games has been willing to do a lot of running, tracking back etc etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening, 

Started as F.C. Sexy on the IPad using the FM18 Touch version of the game. Sadly don’t have Lewis Gibson who I was hoping could rotate with Baines.

The most concerning thing was the amount of deadwood on huge contracts. 

Was hoping to clear out all of the lads who don’t contribute and replace with young promising players. 

Sold

Steklenburg, Robles, Williams, Besic, Mirallas, Lennon, Barkley. 

Bought

Rajkovic, Arana, Cipriano, Lincoln (joins Jan 2019), D’Amico (joins Jul 2018), De Ligt. 

Feel as though I’ve used the funds poorly given I’ve not addressed the striker issue as Sandro & DCL we’re performing reasonably through to the August transfer window. 

Fully intend on trying to get through to Jan and aid the youth with opportunities, hopefully I can get some others off the wage bill and have a bit of luck with a striker coming in on loan until the seasons over. 

I’ve targeted Rodrygo...

Any suggestions for a striker? 

Been playing with a 3-4-3 formation and it is really starting to come together in my 2nd season (currently in October 2018).

My strongest starting XI is:

Pickford

Holgate          Keane             Blind

Henrichs                                                               Gaya

Schneiderlin  Goretzka

Dolberg  Werner  Sandro

Bench:

Rob Elliott (backup)

JJ Kenny / Sarr / Jedvaj / Baines

Sigurdsson / Gueye

Chiesa

Klaassen

Correa

Davies

In terms of trophies, I beat Palace in the FA Cup Final, OL in the Europa League Final, Utd in the Charity Shield and Atletico in the Super Cup, and am currently about 15 matches unbeaten in season 2 (not played for a few weeks, so memory is a bit vague). Retrained Chiesa and Klaassen into AF's and they are banging in the goals and assists whenever they play; I tend to rotate game by game to try and keep everyone sweet, and touch wood, it is working at the moment. Let Rooney go on a free at the end of the first season, as he was complaining about us signing Goretzka, even though he doesn't play in the position I played Rooney in. Agreed to waive compensation, so off he popped.

Have got Sessegnon too, but I have loaned him to Birmingham for the season.

Everton have a great squad to start off with, I've signed one player (Ben Gibson) who didn't play until January.

Am currently 2nd with a handful of games to go (though won't catch United) and a Europa League semi-final to come vs Tottenham.

First XI (4-2-3-1): Pickford; Baines, Gibson, Keane, Holgate; Schneiderlin, Rooney; Calvert-Lewin, Vlasic, Mirallas; Niasse.
Second XI (4-2-3-1): Stekelenberg; Baines, Williams, Jagielka, Coleman; Besic, Barkley, Sigurdsson, Klassen, Lennon; Sandro.
Leaving the likes of Martina, McCarthy, Gueye, Bolasie, Lookman, etc. as back up. Sold a couple of players who wanted out (Garbutt and Robles).

Happy to share tactics upon request. I've attached a few screenshots, though have progressed since these were taken.

04b5cc35-45b4-40bc-bf36-709838e829ed.jpeg

04b5cc35-45b4-40bc-bf36-709838e829ed (1).jpeg

1f2791b6-24cc-47f8-b105-5f34634d9103.jpeg

a937fa4c-b6ca-4dc8-8dd7-e256ee7c9efc.jpeg

3a9d7747-e93f-4332-a203-02751512a441.jpeg

On 08/11/2017 at 19:50, Oliver.wrigley said:

How is everybody handling the Barkley/Sigurdsson/Klaassen/Rooney situation? Four number 10's in the team that all are of at least good quality. I'm deploying Sigurdsson as the RCM in a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide, with Barkley and Klaassen his backups but I am concerned about getting all of them game time. Rooney is a backup striker though he's not very good at it. Thinking that against small teams I might drop one of Gana/Schneiderlin and deploy one of Barkley/Klaassen alongside Sigurdsson, which could give them some opportunities. It's just very unbalanced. If things get particularly difficult I have considered converting Barkley to an IF(S) as he seems to have decent stats for it and I need wide reinforcements. Or maybe just selling Klaassen.

I play Rooney as Ball Winning Midfielder and Vlasic as Support Striker, so found it hard to keep others happy even though they were playing Cup/Europa League games (Barkley for Rooney and Klaasen for Vlasic)... Sigurdsson just hasn't performed apart from the odd game against weaker opposition. He's been made available but only for £40M+ which no-one is offering for obvious reasons. He'll most likely leave in the summer, along with a number of unhappy players such as Jagielka, McCarthy, Martina, Gueye and maybe Bolasie, who has been unfortunate that others ahead of him have just been performing well to keep him out of the side.

Will be looking to promote (possibly buy) youth, as feel it may be easier to keep them happier due to the fact they won't be expecting to be the first name on the teamsheet.

Season over, and considering we finished 2nd (just!!) and reached the Europa League semi-finals, it felt like a bit of an anti-climax to the end to the season where we crawled over the line, having only won 2 of 9 in all competitions. We went from title challengers to almost throwing away our top 4 spot and bottled it in our Europa League semi-final. Injuries and suspensions to key players didn't help - and there was a clash of priorities between top 4 and Europa League glory.

We went into the last game of the season away at Chelsea needing a point to secure 2nd place and somehow came away with the point we needed, drawing 1-1 having just ONE shot on target compared to Chelsea's 11 (plus 15 off target).

Full season info below:

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 20.44.18.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 20.40.59.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 20.41.19.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 20.41.34.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 20.41.49.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 20.42.02.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 20.42.24.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 20.43.15.png

Just starting a save up on the new patch.

Hoping to ship out a good few names who just won't be in the frame at all.

Tried to get a tactic to work since this game came out though and really struggling. Any advice for a tactic and instructions for Everton on this game?

5 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

Just starting a save up on the new patch.

Hoping to ship out a good few names who just won't be in the frame at all.

Tried to get a tactic to work since this game came out though and really struggling. Any advice for a tactic and instructions for Everton on this game?

I've got a 4-2-3-1 working decently, work ball into the box and play fairly wide. 

Pickford

Holgate(Coleman injured)/Mangala/Keane/Baines

Gueye/Rooney

Walcott(amazing at winger(A), top goalscorer)/Sigurdsson/Vlasic

Tosun

18 hours ago, 123_efc said:

How’s Tosun doing?

He's doing alright. Not great but not terribly. 

On 03/03/2018 at 20:11, Oliver.wrigley said:

I've got a 4-2-3-1 working decently, work ball into the box and play fairly wide. 

Pickford

Holgate(Coleman injured)/Mangala/Keane/Baines

Gueye/Rooney

Walcott(amazing at winger(A), top goalscorer)/Sigurdsson/Vlasic

Tosun

Ive gone with a 4-2-3-1 as well. My forms so inconsistent though.

Both of you should check out my Everton career updates in the sub forum.

On 26/02/2018 at 20:45, Boing_Dan said:

Season over, and considering we finished 2nd (just!!) and reached the Europa League semi-finals, it felt like a bit of an anti-climax to the end to the season where we crawled over the line, having only won 2 of 9 in all competitions. We went from title challengers to almost throwing away our top 4 spot and bottled it in our Europa League semi-final. Injuries and suspensions to key players didn't help - and there was a clash of priorities between top 4 and Europa League glory.

The most Everton thing ever mate - we even bottle it in game form!

• 7 months later...

I've started an Everton game and skip the first season every game I play, so I've started in May 2018 in effect. Also, I play every game with the ambition to create a domestic-only squad within one season. So that demands a huge fire sale of the playing squad over the course of a season. What this means is often underselling players and paying over the odds for English talent. So over 18-19 a hell of a lot of money was raised and a hell of a lot of money was spent. There must be some happy agents out there. So Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Coleman, Schneiderlin, etc. - all gone. In terms of replacements, well I was glad Liverpool were transfer listing players because getting Oxlade-Chamberlain and Ings in was pivotal and they were my two best performers (none had qualms joining rivals). Jadon Sancho came in from Dortmund and was well worth the price tag as he really kicked on in the second half of the season. Reece Oxford was our biggest outlay and other big fees were spent on Wilshere, Mawson, Onomah and Drinkwater. We also got Winks in at a bargain fee once Spurs put him up for sale! The midfield was a worry at the start of year. We have a lot of depth there now. Attack is an issue going forward as Abraham played 19 games without scoring!

At Christmas, we were 12th and I was looking at the job centre, but we kicked on and starting an excellent run of form that gradually moved us higher up the table. We finished 7th, comfortably ahead of Watford in 8th. Can we make the top six next season? A big ask. The players reckon we should aim for the CL. So I'm expecting some unhappy players next season.

On the finances front, we're losing money heavily and Moshiri is pumping money in to keep us afloat. We have a transfer budget of 50m going into next season but I want to see how the finances improve first. Let's hope Spurs and the like transfer more of their English talent - Trippier and Lingard have turned me down in the past. Let's try again.

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 17.38.50.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 17.44.19.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 17.44.36.png

In the Summer of 19, we strengthened the FB positions by getting in Trippier and Shaw, both transfer listed (the former is already annoyed that we haven't strengthened the defence - erm, we have loads of defenders!). Keane was being chased by the big clubs but nobody was willing to pay the 30m we wanted. Spurs came in for him and I asked for the 19.75m he was valued at plus the transfer listed Tarkowski, so that turned out to be a decent deal. Charlie Austin was a cheap back up striker, whilst Chalobah came in to alternate with Drinkwater in the more defensively minded role in the centre of the park. James McCarthy was the only big departure. Overall, a pretty quiet window as we tried to keep the squad together we'd want for the next 2-3y. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 08.21.57.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 08.26.49.png

Can't be bothered with pics but this year has been fun currently playing my last 18 save and wonderful as usual

1st season Threw the cups(well Chelski did me at the old lady in fa cup 4th round. Finished 3rd, should have been 2nd but bad mid season wobble, got rid of some deadwood though tough as contracts are too big

2nd season Surprised myself CL winners after tough group with bayern + real beat gunners in final though qf 4-1 agg win over juve was nice as they did the reds**** 6-0 at a*****d ha 8-1agg. Won the league by 9pts and the league cup again disappointing in fa cup. Dowell got england debut and is looking like legend status already. After tough negs with Barca managed to get Andre Gomes for 16m (10+addons). Mina now a cleb legend

Then after real success (1 year too early for my liking) PROBLEMS. City met digne release clause (53m) so got tierney from bayern they bought him in first TW for 22m i got him for 43+addon to 83m

3rd season Only just got going but tough pre-season all players wanting ludicrous new contracts and me not giving in now have in my reserves Richarlison+Sandro for ridiculous demands and DCL won't sign contract because agent hates me (told holgate to fire him) even brands can't get him to sign so he's heading to reserves, on the plus bought Florinel Coman(steau) last Jan loaned him back for 18months now here with 4.5 stars and Henry Onyreiku(sp) even though small looking like a real fox in the box after brexit lets him play without wp. And almost all deadwood gone Morgan back to france til end of contract but I'm paying half his wages. As for DCL he wants contract but agent won't let him sign, agent won't let me sign any of his players, to try to rebuild relationship, shame as core of my team is still english. Backroom team almost all explayers just got big dave watson as my18s manager, and TC as 23s asst manager. Lost to spurs charity shield, beat real super cup, Int break 7pts from 3 games.

On 14/10/2018 at 09:26, dothestrand said:

In the Summer of 19, we strengthened the FB positions by getting in Trippier and Shaw, both transfer listed (the former is already annoyed that we haven't strengthened the defence - erm, we have loads of defenders!). Keane was being chased by the big clubs but nobody was willing to pay the 30m we wanted. Spurs came in for him and I asked for the 19.75m he was valued at plus the transfer listed Tarkowski, so that turned out to be a decent deal. Charlie Austin was a cheap back up striker, whilst Chalobah came in to alternate with Drinkwater in the more defensively minded role in the centre of the park. James McCarthy was the only big departure. Overall, a pretty quiet window as we tried to keep the squad together we'd want for the next 2-3y. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 08.21.57.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 08.26.49.png

Nice one mate. Will you carry on the save on FM19?

On 17/10/2018 at 14:38, toffee71 said:

Can't be bothered with pics but this year has been fun currently playing my last 18 save and wonderful as usual

1st season Threw the cups(well Chelski did me at the old lady in fa cup 4th round. Finished 3rd, should have been 2nd but bad mid season wobble, got rid of some deadwood though tough as contracts are too big

2nd season Surprised myself CL winners after tough group with bayern + real beat gunners in final though qf 4-1 agg win over juve was nice as they did the reds**** 6-0 at a*****d ha 8-1agg. Won the league by 9pts and the league cup again disappointing in fa cup. Dowell got england debut and is looking like legend status already. After tough negs with Barca managed to get Andre Gomes for 16m (10+addons). Mina now a cleb legend

Then after real success (1 year too early for my liking) PROBLEMS. City met digne release clause (53m) so got tierney from bayern they bought him in first TW for 22m i got him for 43+addon to 83m

3rd season Only just got going but tough pre-season all players wanting ludicrous new contracts and me not giving in now have in my reserves Richarlison+Sandro for ridiculous demands and DCL won't sign contract because agent hates me (told holgate to fire him) even brands can't get him to sign so he's heading to reserves, on the plus bought Florinel Coman(steau) last Jan loaned him back for 18months now here with 4.5 stars and Henry Onyreiku(sp) even though small looking like a real fox in the box after brexit lets him play without wp. And almost all deadwood gone Morgan back to france til end of contract but I'm paying half his wages. As for DCL he wants contract but agent won't let him sign, agent won't let me sign any of his players, to try to rebuild relationship, shame as core of my team is still english. Backroom team almost all explayers just got big dave watson as my18s manager, and TC as 23s asst manager. Lost to spurs charity shield, beat real super cup, Int break 7pts from 3 games.

Sounds like lots of fun mate. I really enjoyed Everton on FM18. I think they are a very likable club in real life as well.

3 minutes ago, SwedenYid said:

Nice one mate. Will you carry on the save on FM19?

Yeah I might start it again. I'm trying to find the best English club to try if you just want English or at worst, British, talent. Everton have signed a lot of new guys I'd need to get rid of :) But they're as good a team as anyone to try. And I'd have to hope the top six have English guys to sell!

6 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

Yeah I might start it again. I'm trying to find the best English club to try if you just want English or at worst, British, talent. Everton have signed a lot of new guys I'd need to get rid of :) But they're as good a team as anyone to try. And I'd have to hope the top six have English guys to sell!

Interesting approach, I like it! The first team that comes to my mind then is Burnley although it might not be too glamorous at first. If not you can always try and build on Pickford, Davies, Keane, Holgate and Calvert-Lewin at Everton :) 

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2018 at 10:45, Carl0sAlbert0 said:

Been playing with a 3-4-3 formation and it is really starting to come together in my 2nd season (currently in October 2018).

My strongest starting XI is:

Pickford

Holgate          Keane             Blind

Henrichs                                                               Gaya

Schneiderlin  Goretzka

Dolberg  Werner  Sandro

Bench:

Rob Elliott (backup)

JJ Kenny / Sarr / Jedvaj / Baines

Sigurdsson / Gueye

Chiesa

Klaassen

Correa

Davies

In terms of trophies, I beat Palace in the FA Cup Final, OL in the Europa League Final, Utd in the Charity Shield and Atletico in the Super Cup, and am currently about 15 matches unbeaten in season 2 (not played for a few weeks, so memory is a bit vague). Retrained Chiesa and Klaassen into AF's and they are banging in the goals and assists whenever they play; I tend to rotate game by game to try and keep everyone sweet, and touch wood, it is working at the moment. Let Rooney go on a free at the end of the first season, as he was complaining about us signing Goretzka, even though he doesn't play in the position I played Rooney in. Agreed to waive compensation, so off he popped.

Have got Sessegnon too, but I have loaned him to Birmingham for the season.

could you post your tactic, please?

Archived