1 minute ago, ashton321 said:

@Crispypaul how did you get on with all those missing

Drew one and won one in the league, and just got past Rosenborg in the cup 2-1.  We are the biggest team in Norway now though so even our non-international players are a lot better than many others fortunately.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hisingbacka FC - 2019 - Swedish Second Division                                                

getClubMark.asp?M=738126&L=59382&S=140

League / Graph /  Cups /  / Transfers / Finance  

In the break I added some players who added some depth and hopefully would give me a few more injuries should we be hit with an injury crisis. In the next transfer window I added a new keeper as my 38 year old was dipping a little. We started the league off poorly and looked like we maybe in for a mid table battle which was not what I was hoping for. We soon changed this as we won our last 10 games to win the league on the final day which was a massive surprise to us. 

In the cup we beat a non league team before selling our home fixture to the bigger team which will help our finances in a big way. 

Players of the Season

Jonathan Alexandersson - Came in as a new player in the summer to be a sub, but after his performance in games he came off the bench for I could not keep there for long

Olliver Rodeblad Lowe - Didn't play at all last year as he was unavailable as he was studying (odd) but came back with a bang

Ramus Hegab - Another super season from our creator in chief played a little more defensively this year but was still very good

Whats Next

I think that we have been promoted a little early if anything I am not sure our squad will cope. We have a little cash after our cup exploits and this will be used on new players to try and get strong enough to stay in the league. Survival is the word next year. 

History

2018 - Swedish Second Division - 2nd - Lost in promotion group

2019 - Swedish Second Division - 1st - Promotion/League Winners

Hisingbacka FC - 2020- Swedish First Division                                                

getClubMark.asp?M=738126&L=59382&S=140

League / Graph /  Cups /  / Transfers / Finance  

Errrrrrr....... what. In my opening game we were smashed 5-1 one away from home by the team who finished 3rd eventually this year. At this stage I thought oh god I am in for a long old year. In the second match we won 11-0, granted it was against a team who eventually get relegated but I could not believe it. We pretty much maintained our decent form throughout the year then we just kept in and around the top spot most of the year. We ended up with one point in our last 3 games but none of the chasing pack capitalised and we some how won the league.

The finances are looking a little suspect this year as there was no cup to help us out. I think in Sweden they are trying to move the cup in line with the league system which makes sense, so we have in essence missed one.

On the transfer front some of the two players left who had played a decent amount of football for me since I arrived, so that was sad but with the new faces coming in they would be nowhere near the starting 11. I brought a lot of lads in as I was looking to bring players who had some experience at this level and on the whole it was a successful venture.  

Players of the Season

Fredrik Johansson-Zajanchi - Still only 24 but been at the club since 2011 according to the history which is nice to know. Had to spend a year getting to know his slightly more withdrawn role but was again superb this year. 73 goals in 80 games is not a bad return

Olliver Rodeblad Lowe - Another superb season from mister goals. He loves the poacher role he know has 56 goals in 56 games

Henrik Fibrock - Came in in the summer to provide some vital experience, he can play almost anywhere on the pitch but was most effective as a right back

Whats Next

I am now certain we have been promoted far too early to this level there are some massive clubs at this level. I am going to need to get some more new boys in to compete but I think next year is going to be far more than a struggle

History

2018 - Swedish Second Division - 2nd - Lost in promotion group

2019 - Swedish Second Division - 1st - Promotion/League Winners

2020 - Swedish First Division - 1st - Promotion/League Winners

DFC_Logo-93x128.jpg 
Hugo De Luca - Dollingstown FC - Northern Ireland - End of Season Seventeen(2034/35)

After feeling so good about our future last season we find ourselves taking a step backwards this year. We'll start by skipping straight over Europe. Another disappointing Second Qualifying round exit against a team I felt we stood a chance against. WWe've now won the Mid-Ulster cup years on the bounce, but seeing as we're the biggest team in the competition and using it to give our rotation players some much-needed match time I really don't hold much interest in it. Quarter-Finals of the League cup is identical to our achievement in the previous 2 years and even though the board want me to progress there I really don't see the benefit. This season did see our best run in the FA cup since we won it in the 24/25 season, but ultimately we were thoroughly embarrassed in the final by Cliftonville.

In the league, everyone seemed to be dropping points in odd places early on and we found ourselves sitting atop the pile a couple of times. By matchday 31, there was still only 2 points separating us in third with Cliftonville in first.  Whether it was down to our part-time status or perhaps just a general crumbling under the pressure, though, we only picked up 6 points in our last 7 league games. We were never in any danger of losing third, but when you collapse worse than England's batting order it is very demoralising. Still, we did ultimately get more points than last season, so silver linings, right?

Our Best Eleven now has Mark West and Brian Gilfillan among its ranks. Player of the season was overwhelmingly Wayne McQuillan (67% of the vote). Top scorer was new signing Paul Hagan, whom I was trying to bring in last season after Glentoran released him, but he was stubbornly without a club until this year. John Hanna just about edged Lynch to be my preferred second striker, although I was more than comfortable with any 2 of those 3 playing together.

Over the last season or so my transfer policy has largely revolved around picking up Glentoran and Cliftonville players as they get released, but now this has graduated to actually spending a little money on snatching their fringe youngsters and I feel like I'm at a point now where I pretty much have two elevens that I'm not entirely uncomfortable with  using in league games. It's possible that the age problems are a contributing factor in our late-season problems. I think for next season I'll mostly be looking to try and upgrade the back-ups, but I think a consistent squad will do us a lot of good.

Season    League                   Position    FA Cup           Europe                Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer             Most Assists                  Highest Avg Rating        Capacity/Average Attendance
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Premier Intermediate     10th        5th Round        N/A                   Basic                  Basic                Fairly Basic        Basic               Survival                  Black (13)             Falvey (8)                    Hanley (7.07)             1000 (108)
2019/20   Premier Intermediate     2nd         6th Round        N/A                   Basic                  Basic                Fairly Basic        Basic               Playoff losers            Dunlop (26)            Walsh (9)                     McClurg (7.20)            1000 (134)
2020/21   Premier Intermediate     1st	       6th Round	N/A		      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  Promoted!		    Klobusek (24)	   Hanley/Robinson (12)          McLaughlin (7.47)	   1000 (117)
2021/22   Championship             6th         4th Round	N/A		      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  Survival		    Farren (20)	           Robinson (10)                 Robinson (7.21)	   1000 (130)
2022/23   Championship             2nd         Qtr Final	N/A		      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  Playoff losers            Farren (36)	           Hanley (25)                   Hanley (7.50)  	   1000 (154)
2023/24   Championship             1st         5th Round	N/A		      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  Promoted                  Farren (20)	           Hanley (18)                   Noble (7.37)   	   1000 (104)
2024/25   Premiership              9th         Winners!		N/A		      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  FA Cup Winners!           Robinson (23)          Hanley (15)                   Millar (7.06)   	   1000 (187)
2025/26   Premiership              9th         Qtr Final	2nd Qual	      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  First run in Europe       Roscoe (17)            Hanley (11)                   Millar (7.19)   	   1000 (379)
2026/27   Premiership              7th         6th Round	N/A     	      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  EL Qualification          Millar (15)            Hanley (14)                   N. Owens (7.08)   	   1000 (202)
2027/28   Premiership              6th         Semi Final	3rd Qual     	      Basic		     Basic		  Average	      Average		  N/A		            Anderson (25)          Hanley/Woods (14)             Hanley (7.14)   	   1000 (567)
2028/29   Premiership              7th         Qtr Final	N/A     	      Basic		     Basic		  Average	      Average		  EL Qualification          Wilson (18)            Hanley (13)                   Hanley (7.21)   	   1000 (232)
2029/30   Premiership              7th         Qtr Final	2nd Qual     	      Basic		     Basic		  Average	      Average		  N/A                       McDaid (12)            Russell (15)                  McDaid (7.14)   	   1000 (374)
2030/31   Premiership              3rd         Qtr Final	N/A     	      Basic		     Basic		  Average	      Average		  EL Qualification          Lynch (34)             Lynch (15)                    McQuillan (7.48)   	   1000 (449)
2031/32   Premiership              3rd         Qtr Final	3rd Qual    	      Basic		     Basic		  Average	      Average		  EL Qualification          Lynch (35)             Hanna (21)                    McQuillan (7.86)   	   1000 (453)
2032/33   Premiership              3rd         5th Round	2nd Qual    	      Basic		     Basic		  Adequate	      Above average  	  EL Qualification          Lynch (43)             Lynch (18)                    Hanna (7.75)   	   1000 (449)
2033/34   Premiership              2nd         Semi Final	2nd Qual    	      Basic		     Basic		  Adequate	      Above average  	  EL Qualification          Lynch (44)             McQuillan (15)                McQuillan (7.56)   	   1000 (497)
2034/35   Premiership              3rd         Runner-Up	2nd Qual    	      Good		     Basic		  Adequate	      Above average  	  EL Qualification          Hagan (35)             McQuillan (15)                McQuillan (7.60)   	   1000 (479)

• 2 weeks later...

IFK Trelleborg

IFK_Trelleborg.png.e5f264988f4d96780cadfa2bbe071e90.png 

Division 2 Ostra Gotaland– 2018 – 9th

Overview

First seasons are always tricky but this was a little easier than most. We stayed fairly clear of the relegation zone most of the season and a strong finish meant we were ten points clear of automatic relegation and six points from a playoff. As is usual at the start of the challenge I turned around a large number of players and now have the nucleus of a decent side.

Key Players

Anton Viklund – Swedish ball winner who added bite in midfield.

Tibor Cica – Croation midfielder signed at the tail end of the season who will give some class in the middle of the park.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018            Division 2                      9th       

Lyn_Oslo.png.045727f6cf0569cd9728ab24220f0b9d.png

Lyn
Norwegian Premier Division

2028 Season Review

League - Table - absolutely dominant

Cup - Fixtures - fifth in a row, now record cup winners.  Yes, we did win one game 16-0!

Champions League (2026/27) - Fixtures - managed to sneak through Barcelona on away goals only for Juventus to knock us out in the quarters.

Champions League (2027/28) - Fixtures | Table - we had another tough group (no play offs now) with Man City, Juventus and a terrible Bosnian team.  However we managed to top the group only losing away at Man City.  We once again face Barcelona in the 2nd round.

Key players:  Transfers | Squad 

Ismail Saglam -  rotated a little with a Uruguyan AMC I bought but still had another good season

Orlando Arevalos - the Paraguyan full back did well

Eugune Schade - the German left winger had a breakthrough season, called up to the Germany squad but yet to make his debut

Bram Ten Berge - great season at the back, called up to the Netherlands squad but not yet capped

Kouassi N'Guessan - top notch from the Ivorian on the right

Stefan Ulla YP24a - a breakthrough from our youth product in midfield

Youth Update:

Intake - better, stand out being Rasmus Cornelius YP29a

Finances - no worries here - also doing further upgrading  of coaching and youth facilities

Season		League		    	  Position		 Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018		Norwegian 2nd Division 		1st		Champions, Promoted
2019		Norwegian 1st Division          8th
2020            Norwegian 1st Division          1st            Champions, Promoted
2021            Norwegian Premier Division      14th
2022            Norwegian Premier Division      12th
2023            Norwegian Premier Division	6th
2024		Norwegian Premier Division      7th             Cup Winners, Turned Professional
2025		Norwegian Premier Division	1st		League Winners, Cup Winners, Supercup Winners, EL Knockouts
2026            Norwegian Premier Division      1st             League Winners, Cup Winners, Supercup Winners, CL Knockouts
2027		Norwegian Premier Division	1st		League Winners, Cup Winners, Supercup Winners, CL Knockouts
2028		Norwegian Premier Division	1st		League Winners, Cup Winners, CL Knockouts

IFK Trelleborg

Division 2 Ostra Gotaland– 2019 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion at the second attempt. A four point lead over second spot seems comfortable on the face of it but it wasn’t until six wins in the last six games that we broke free of the pack. The side is decent and might be good enough for a decent crack at the third tier next season but we might need a handful of players and we are unfortunately haemorraging money.

Key Players

Filip Jagerbrink – The more creative of my midfield duo. Has had a journeyman career to date.

Alexander Ekblad – Centre-back signed from dalkurd midway through the season.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018            Division 2                      9th       
2019            Division 2                      1st                                             Promoted, Champions       

IFK Trelleborg

Division 1 Sodra– 2020 – 4th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Consolidation is always the first aim after promotion and we decidedly managed that. In fact we would have achieved automatic promotion if it weren’t for a final game defeat at home to Atvidabergs who leapfrogged us and were promoted in our place. I’m not too downhearted as we should be aiming for automatic promotion next season.

Key Players

Lomala Abdu – Ugandan left winger hit double figures with both goals and assists

Tino Kadewere – The Zimbabwean striker scored an impressive 18 goals in 21 games from the deep lying forward role.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
2019            Division 2                      1st                                             Promoted, Champions.
2020            Division 1                      4th                                                

IFK Trelleborg

Division 1 Sodra– 2021 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion was always on the cards but we achieved it in style. Only one loss all season meant we ended 12 points clear of second place Mjallby. We have a good side and I would be surprised to see massive changes for next season. I could do with a striker but the rest of the side is pretty solid.

Key Players

Gustav Berggren – Midfielder signed from Sirius on a free transfer. Had an impressive season in midfield.

Serge-Junior Martinsson Ngouali – Gabon international midfielder signed midway through the season.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
2018            Division 2                      9th      
2019            Division 2                      1st                                             Promoted, Champions.
2020            Division 1                      4th                  
2021            Division 1                      1st                                             Promoted, Champions.

Euro Challenge - RFC Liege 

R.F.C._de_Li%C3%A8ge_Logo.png

Season 1 - 2018/19 - Belgian First Amateur Division - Final Position 3rd (Promoted via Playoff)

League Table    Playoff League    Past Positions   Squad   Transfers  

Season Summary

What a dream start :) Our season actually started slowly , as we struggled to gel and adapt to my 442 system. 5pts from our first 7 games had us looking downwards, but then things clicked into gear. We put together 8 wins in the next 10 games leading up to the winter break, and we returned in even more incredible form, with 13 wins in 14 games, including an astonishing 10 wins in a row to round out the regular season. That put us easily into the playoffs and within touching distance of the 2 above us (the playoff system is odd - the top 4 keep half the points they gained so far and go into a mini league playing 6 games each). In the playoffs, we struggled against Lierse, with a draw and lose but a win out in our other 4 led to us securing a brilliant promotion.

The cup, meanwhile, shall not be spoken of.

Top Performer

Cherif Ndiaye - in a team put together from freebies, poached amatuers and loans, this guy turned out to be the gem. Picked up on a free after leaving top flight Waasland-Bevern his goals fired us up the table 

Top Prospect 

Flavien Bernardi - Slim pickings here. Unusually for me (I am usually all about youth) none of my regular first teamers were under 22. This guy was the pick of my intake but looks fringe at best in prospect terms. 

Off the pitch

Things are not good. We are almost half a million in the red, meaning upgrades were not possible. 

294f7188b600894e2da8728be803c999.png

Image result for como calcio logo

Como

Serie B – Season 2019 – 2020

Season Review

Serie B  -  Final Position:  8th      Graph

Italian Cup  -  Quarter Finals

Competitions  -  Review

Transfers 1       Transfers 2

Squad 1      Squad 2      Squad 3

Como Team of the Year:  Team

Finances          Club Details

Key Players:

M:  Roberto Biancu  -  On loan from Calgiari, he was a steady prescence in the centre of the park.

M:  Alessandro Gabrielloni  -  A steady prescence on the left side, he became the clubs record appearance maker.  Not good enough though, he’ll likely not be around next season.

M:  Cristiano Lombardi  -  On loan from Lazio, he was great on the right and weighed in with goals and assists.  We’ll miss him next season.

ST:  Simone Palombi -  On loan from Lazio, he’d have been a revelation had it not been for La Gumina.  Great understudy.

ST:  Antonino La Gumina  -  Signed on a permanent deal from Palermo, he took Serie B in his stride and scored another 20 goals.  Led the line superbly.

So a season of consolidation and a survival fight pre-season turned into something I could only have dreamt of.  We had some great performances and we managed to get an 8th placed finish.  Added to a run to the quarter finals of the Italian Cup, I couldn’t have asked for more.  We relied overly on loanees again so I want to try and make the squad a bit more permanent, but I won’t be afraid to bring in the loanees again.  Finances have been transformed too. 

Civil_Service_Strollers_FC_logo.png

2027-2028

Pretty happy with our first season in League 1. We were actually in first place after 15 games, then some injuries, most importantly to my goalkeeper, saw us slide down to 6th where we pretty much stayed the rest of the way, never in danger of going down.

League Table

Cups

Did our usual in the Betfred finishing 3rd in the group stage. Beat East Kilbride and Edinburgh City, lost on penalties to Ross County and lost a narrow 1-2 decision to Inverness CT.

Won our first game in the IRN-BRU Cup over Stirling 3-2, then lost our first international (kind of) game to Bangor City from Wales 1-3.

In the Scottish Cup we took down league rivals Alloa 2-1 but then fell at Dundee 1-3. 

Expectations met all around.

Key Players

ST Evan Evans came back on loan to us for a second season and picked up where he left off last year, scoring 34 goals, 25 in league play, while adding 8 total assists. Even better, he will be joining us permanently starting next season. Great young player, doesn't turn 20 until November. He was our only player named in the League 1 team of the year and was our player and young player of the year.

MC Jim Macleod has really emerged as a do everything guy in the midfield for us. Actually started the season playing right fullback until I got a better option there, he is a dynamo in the midfield, creating chances and tackling everything.

DC Josh Mooney was among the league leaders in headers, tackles and shots blocked. Makes a few more mistakes than I'd prefer but he's worth living with those.

Finances

Doing okay here, we're staying well under our payroll budget so even though we're losing money steadily, ownership isn't putting it on me. We had a takeover during the spring and their infusion currently has us in the black.

Looking ahead we should be able to push for the playoffs next season. We were damn close this year. Looking to bring in two new starters. Need a central midfielder, we're pretty flexible about what kind as the two I have currently can cover all three positions in my 4-4-1-1. And I need a left back with some technical proficiency. I've been making due at that position but a more dynamic player would really boost us. We're running a loose replication of https://community.sigames.com/topic/373859-arsene-wengers-invincibles/ so I need someone to more properly fill the Ashley Young role.

IFK Trelleborg

Superettan– 2022 – 7th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A repeat of the pattern of previous seasons with promotion followed by a season of consolidation. In truth though, we were promotion candidates right through the season until a poor run in cost us. It was in the striker department that we struggled the most. Aleksa  Vukanovic did well to contribute 7 goals despite injury but I struggled to find him a partner. I will need reinforcements to push on next season. Finances are a problem. I’m 800k in the red at the moment. Difficult to see how I can clear this without promotion.

Hopefully we can maintain the pattern with promotion next season.

Key Players

Hoskuldur Gunnlaugsson – 28 year old Icelandic midfielder who plays the wide playmaker role.

Aleksa Vukanovic – Serbian striker once of AIK. Plagued by injury but did well when he played.

Record

2019            Division 2                      1st                                             Promoted, Champions.
2021            Division 1                      1st                                             Promoted, Champions.
2022            Superettan                      7th                   

IFK Trelleborg

Superettan– 2023 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

As with trend, a season of consolidation was followed by promotion in the second season. This was achieved in style with only 3 losses all season and striker Saebbo scoring an impressive 32 goals. A 5-1 defeat at home to Brommapojkama boded ill in our second game of the season. We didn’t lose again until August however and were well clear of the pack by that stage. Promotion is exciting but that is tempered by our poor financial situation. I am 1 mill in the red and need to plug the gap somehow.

Key Players

Mans Saebbo – Swedish striker signed from GIF Sundsvall scored over a goal a game.

Aleksa Vukanovic – Serbian striker hit 21 goals in his second season at the club.

Record

2021            Division 1                      1st                                             Promoted, Champions.
2023            Superettan                      1st                                             Promoted, Champions.

DFC_Logo-93x128.jpg

Hugo De Luca -  Dollingstown FC - Northern Ireland - End of Season Eighteen(2035/36)

Europa League qualifying saw us soar past Torpedo Kutaisi of Georgia with home and away wins, followed by a tough tie against Vitoria Guimares where we narrowly won 1-0 at home followed by a proper ding-dong battle at their place which we nearly threw away, but just barely scraped through on away goals. For the third qualifying round, we were drawn against Real Sociedad, with the first tie being away. It seemed this was a step too far for us, losing both home and away, but seeing as this was the first time we'd reached third qualifying in years I felt it was a positive all the same.

The board have finally decided that the Mid-Ulster cup is not important, yet we were still able to retain it, bringing us to 6 on the bounce and 7 in the last 10. We still failed to make progress in the other cups, though, which is really starting to concern me.

Our European run overlapped with the beginning of the season and it was definitely noticeable, with us taking 4 games to even record our first win and a  couple of other early blips in form. We were bailed out by a strong end to the season and both Linfield and Glentoran dropping points where they shouldn't have in order to just barely make second place.

Nobody new for the best eleven this season, although we did make a transfer profit. Left-Winger Daryl Bell was probably our top performer in a decidedly average season. I felt all season that my strikers weren't quite performing, and yet both John Hanna and Johnny Lynch made their place among the fans'  top 3 for the year.

I have a strong enough squad, and just enough depth as far as I'm concerned, so my aim for this summer is to try and offload a couple of the higher-earning fringe players but otherwise keep the core the same. I do have a couple of youngsters who perhaps need a chance to get a  few games and we've now got a partnership with Queen's University to make use of their training facilities, so maybe a home-grown star is just around the corner.

Season    League                   Position    FA Cup           Europe                Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer             Most Assists                  Highest Avg Rating        Capacity/Average Attendance
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Premier Intermediate     10th        5th Round        N/A                   Basic                  Basic                Fairly Basic        Basic               Survival                  Black (13)             Falvey (8)                    Hanley (7.07)             1000 (108)
2019/20   Premier Intermediate     2nd         6th Round        N/A                   Basic                  Basic                Fairly Basic        Basic               Playoff losers            Dunlop (26)            Walsh (9)                     McClurg (7.20)            1000 (134)
2020/21   Premier Intermediate     1st	       6th Round	N/A		      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  Promoted!		    Klobusek (24)	   Hanley/Robinson (12)          McLaughlin (7.47)	   1000 (117)
2021/22   Championship             6th         4th Round	N/A		      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  Survival		    Farren (20)	           Robinson (10)                 Robinson (7.21)	   1000 (130)
2022/23   Championship             2nd         Qtr Final	N/A		      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  Playoff losers            Farren (36)	           Hanley (25)                   Hanley (7.50)  	   1000 (154)
2023/24   Championship             1st         5th Round	N/A		      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  Promoted                  Farren (20)	           Hanley (18)                   Noble (7.37)   	   1000 (104)
2024/25   Premiership              9th         Winners!		N/A		      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  FA Cup Winners!           Robinson (23)          Hanley (15)                   Millar (7.06)   	   1000 (187)
2025/26   Premiership              9th         Qtr Final	2nd Qual	      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  First run in Europe       Roscoe (17)            Hanley (11)                   Millar (7.19)   	   1000 (379)
2026/27   Premiership              7th         6th Round	N/A     	      Basic		     Basic		  Fairly Basic	      Basic		  EL Qualification          Millar (15)            Hanley (14)                   N. Owens (7.08)   	   1000 (202)
2027/28   Premiership              6th         Semi Final	3rd Qual     	      Basic		     Basic		  Average	      Average		  N/A		            Anderson (25)          Hanley/Woods (14)             Hanley (7.14)   	   1000 (567)
2028/29   Premiership              7th         Qtr Final	N/A     	      Basic		     Basic		  Average	      Average		  EL Qualification          Wilson (18)            Hanley (13)                   Hanley (7.21)   	   1000 (232)
2029/30   Premiership              7th         Qtr Final	2nd Qual     	      Basic		     Basic		  Average	      Average		  N/A                       McDaid (12)            Russell (15)                  McDaid (7.14)   	   1000 (374)
2030/31   Premiership              3rd         Qtr Final	N/A     	      Basic		     Basic		  Average	      Average		  EL Qualification          Lynch (34)             Lynch (15)                    McQuillan (7.48)   	   1000 (449)
2031/32   Premiership              3rd         Qtr Final	3rd Qual    	      Basic		     Basic		  Average	      Average		  EL Qualification          Lynch (35)             Hanna (21)                    McQuillan (7.86)   	   1000 (453)
2032/33   Premiership              3rd         5th Round	2nd Qual    	      Basic		     Basic		  Adequate	      Above average  	  EL Qualification          Lynch (43)             Lynch (18)                    Hanna (7.75)   	   1000 (449)
2033/34   Premiership              2nd         Semi Final	2nd Qual    	      Basic		     Basic		  Adequate	      Above average  	  EL Qualification          Lynch (44)             McQuillan (15)                McQuillan (7.56)   	   1000 (497)
2034/35   Premiership              3rd         Runner-Up	2nd Qual    	      Good		     Basic		  Adequate	      Above average  	  EL Qualification          Hagan (35)             McQuillan (15)                McQuillan (7.60)   	   1000 (479)
2035/36   Premiership              2nd         6th Round	3rd Qual    	      Good		     Basic		  Adequate	      Above average  	  N/A		            Hanna (26)             Bell (13)               	 Bell (7.25)   	           1000 (474)

IFK Trelleborg

Allsvenskan– 2024 – 11th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Our first season in the top flight looks more successful than it felt. We were perilously close to relegation all season and only a good run of 5 wins from 6 in the run in prevented that occurring. Recruitment was difficult but the board gave me a big boost to the wage budget on deadline day in April. This was too late for that window but allowed me to reinforce in July with key signings from Iceland in defenders Skulason and Kristjansson and Norway in keeper Andreassen along with striker Uche. All are young and promising and should bode well for the future. 18 year old Midfielder Pal Fritzoe Ostman arrived in December but left in July. His 115k transfer to Tottenham represented a loss on his purchase at 220k but I am gambling that a 50% profit clause will pay off in future.

I’m not convinced I will be able to strengthen for the new season. We are 1.5 mill in the red. The mid-season signings were a gamble but I’m hoping these might represent transfer windfalls in future. In truth I need a big sale to clear the deficit.

Key Players

Record

2023            Superettan                      1st                                             Promoted, Champions.
2024            Allsvenskan                     11th                                            

IFK Trelleborg

Allsvenskan– 2025 – 11th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Money problems meant I went into our second top flight season with much the same team as last season. The only real change was Asgeirsson’s arrival from KR to partner Saebbo upfront. I was relatively confident however as we had finished last season strongly. Sure enough we started the season well but this was not maintained and we collapsed in mid-season. Like last season we turned it round and finished strongly however. We were never in serious relegation trouble but I was beginning to look over my shoulder for a while.

Major signings are unlikely as we are still massively in debt (2 million as it stands). We need a big sale of a player to cut the debt. The interest isn’t there currently however. A good run in the league leading to European football might help as well.

Key Players

Record

2025            Allsvenskan                     11th                                            

IFK Trelleborg

Allsvenskan– 2026 – 14th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Not sure what went wrong.. we were doing well until poor late season form cost us. Failing to win any of the final eight games saw us drop into a relegation play-off. This could have been avoided and having lead Norkopping from the sixth to the seventieth minute we were clear of the relegation zone. Even then we were heavy favorites against Vasteras in the relegation playoff. Following a 2-1 defeat away we needed to win at home. We lead 3-1 and were home free until a 90th minute goal took us down on away goals.

I have thrown in the towel for less but relegation allowed me an opportunity to re-develop the team. Money has been an issue and debt stood at 2 million with no real prospect of reducing. I took the decision to go with youth and started to sell established players. By the end of March 1.5mill had been recouped in transfer fees. Interesting replacements have been made including  Panamanian international striker Miguel Agullar. I go into the new season in a much healthier position and hopefully can thrash our way through the league and back to the top flight.

Key Players

Benjamin Wellington – Nigerian striker who is one for the future.

Pal Fritzoe Ostman – Midfielder on loan from Tottenham to whom I sold him two seasons ago.

Record

2025            Allsvenskan                     14th                                            Relegated.                                            

DFC_Logo-93x128.jpg
Hugo De Luca - Dollingstown FC - Northern Ireland - End of Season Nineteen(2036/37)

Where to start with this season? Our European run was again nothing special, reaching the Third Qualifying again with relative ease and then getting hammered by a much beter Borussia Monchengladbach side. Played a fully rotated side throughout all our cup competitions this season and unfortunately, we were only able to finish as runners-up in the Mid-Ulster Cup. We went one better for the League Cup, though, beating Glentoran 1-0 in the final to win it for the first time in our history. We then followed that up with a dominating  FA Cup win, beating  Cliftonville 4-2  in the final to record our second win in the competition after a 12-year wait. A very unexpected double and now I wish we'd managed to close out the  Mid-Ulster Cup.

Having not been entirely out of the title race until right at the end the last few seasons, I tried to keep a mostly settled team with our signings being entirely first-team back-ups or youngsters on non-contract terms. I thought maybe this season we might be able to push the leaders right to the end of the season, but I was slightly wrong with that assessment. Turns out, we were the leaders being pressed to the end, and despite a handful of draws reducing our 9 point lead to just a goal difference lead at one point,  we still managed to eke over the line for Dolllingstown FC's first ever Danske Bank Premiership win!

As this is step 1 of the challenge complete, I feel it's only right to immortalise everyone in the squad, in ascending order of appearances this season:

Kieran Carson (YP18b) - 4(4) - 0 goals, 1 assist
Usually  played at MCR as a Ball Winning Midfielder

Johnny Lynch - 4(9)  - 7 goals, 1 assist
Usually  played at STR as a Defensive Forward

Ronnie Toner - 7(2) - 0 goals, 3 assists
Usually played at MR as a Winger

Brian Gilfillan - 13(13)  - 1 goal, 1 assist
Usually played at DCL as a Defensive Centre-Back

Tony Philpott - 15(11) - 0 goals, 2 assists
Usually played at DR as a Full-Back

Dean Magee - 18(2) - 2 goals, 7  assists
Usually played at AML as a  Winger

Adam Clarke - 19(1) - 0 goals, 0 assists
Usually played at DL as a Full-Back 

Trevor Ferris - 20(10) - 13 goals, 4 assists
Usually played at STR as a Defensive Forward

Robert Kelly (YP13) - 22 - 0 goals, 0 assists
Usually played at GK

Ryan McGreevy - 25(9) - 3 goals, 15 assists

Wayne McQuillan - 28(11) - 7 goals,  13 assists

Kevin Doyle - 32(22) - 5 goals, 8 assists
Usually played at MCL as an Advanced Playmaker

Kevin Scannell - 33(10) - 5 goals, 6 assists
Usually played at MCL as an Advanced Playmaker

Aaron Owens - 38 - 0 goals, 0 assists
Usually played at GK

Daryl Bell - 38(3) - 4  goals, 14 assists
Usually played at AML as a Winger

Joe Whelan - 41 - 1 goals, 1 assist
Usually played at DL as a Full-Back

Adrian McClurg - 45(1) - 0 goals, 1 assist
Usually played at DR as a Full-Back

John Hanna - 45(8) - 34 goals, 18 assists
Usually played at STL as an Advanced Forward

Ryan Gray - 46(2) - 1 goal, 0  assists
Usually played at MCR as a Ball Winning  Midfielder

Paul Hagan - 51(4)  -  38 goals, 9 assists
Usually played at STR as a Target Man

Chris Haughey - 53(1) - 2 goals, 3 assists
Usually played at DCR as a Centre-Back

Darren Byrne - 54(4) - 5 goals, 4 assists
Usually played at DCL as a Defensive Centre-Back

The club has since challenged me on twitter to retain it, which is obviously the immediate goal. I think we're a little way away from domestic domination, so I think this will be as tough a challenge as winning it in the first place was. Beyond that, using our Champions League berth to garner some profit and maybe to sneak into the Europa League group with it has to also be something we try to achieve.

2035/36   Premiership              2nd         6th Round	3rd Qual    	      Good		     Basic		  Adequate	      Above average  	  N/A		            Hanna (26)             Bell (13)               	 Bell (7.25)   	           1000 (474)
2036/37   Premiership              1st!         Winners!	3rd Qual    	      Good		     Basic		  Adequate	      Above average  	  Champions!	            Hagan (38)             Hanna (18)               	 Hagan (7.41)   	   1000 (373)

Hey guys. I was a regular on Gundos challenge but i haven't bought an FM since FM14. I just bought 18 on sale and holiday in Norway. I'm looking for a team called Randaberg, as I had a good save with them in FM14. 

They have a really low reputation though compared to the teams that are usually coming up. 0.5 stars vs 1.5 to 2 stars.

Are there any tricks for getting low rep teams up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

22 hours ago, RocheBag said:

Hey guys. I was a regular on Gundos challenge but i haven't bought an FM since FM14. I just bought 18 on sale and holiday in Norway. I'm looking for a team called Randaberg, as I had a good save with them in FM14. 

They have a really low reputation though compared to the teams that are usually coming up. 0.5 stars vs 1.5 to 2 stars.

Are there any tricks for getting low rep teams up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there - good choice with Norway!

However I've had a look and Randaberg IL are in the fifth tier of Norwegian football for the 2017 season in FM18 therefore you are very unlikely to have them come up into the 3rd (lowest playable) tier in Norway: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_4._divisjon

IFK Trelleborg

Superettan– 2027 – 2nd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Relegation last season was a massive disappointment and rather a surprise. Prior to this I was stuck in a rut however. We were in debt with no real prospect of bringing in funds. No major interest was being made in our players that I might have capitalised on and season on season debt levels were rising. Relegation allowed me freedom to take a step back and put the club on a better footing.  Important team members Mans Saebbo (150k), Sigurdur Asgeirsson (300k) and Kilton Ferati (750k) along with a handful of other players left the club. In their places youngsters who had previously warmed the bench found first team spots. African teenagers Cheik Koffi, Benjamin Wellington and Gordon Duncan all arrived in the relegation season but were behind more established players in the first XI. They all found their place for the Superettan campaign. They were joined by interesting signings, Matthew Pilkington and Jerome Fopossi are both 18 and fantastic prospects. Panamanian international Miguel Aguillar is an exciting addition. The net of all this transfer activity is that we cleared substantial levels of the clubs debt. What was left was cleared with the 900k sale of Benjamin Wellington later in the season to Hammarby. We had a clear bank balance and a squad of young players with enough talent to get promotion at the first time of asking.

The season wasn’t a romp through the second tier as I might have hoped. We were competent and comfortably won promotion but never consistent enough to win the championship. I will need to strengthen next season to compete back in the top flight. Funds are available as the board have given me the biggest wage budget of any season so far.

Key Players

Matthew Pilkington – Talented young Australian attracting interest from the biggest clubs in Europe.

Mohamed Toure – A 400k signing from ASEC will add quality in midfield.

Record

2026            Allsvenskan                     14th                                            Relegated                                            
2027            Superettan                      2nd                                             Promoted

On 06/07/2018 at 18:04, Biscotti said:

Damn @Andrew Haines! With the progress up to this point, I was not expecting a relegation for Trelleborg! Sad to see, but it  seems like you're taking the right approach to it and maybe  you can come back even stronger next season

@Biscotti - Congratulations on winning your first title! Things were a bit stagnant so at least it freshens things up a bit.

23 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Hi there - good choice with Norway!

However I've had a look and Randaberg IL are in the fifth tier of Norwegian football for the 2017 season in FM18 therefore you are very unlikely to have them come up into the 3rd (lowest playable) tier in Norway: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_4._divisjon

Thanks mate. Yeah I spent about an hour reloading then decided to give up. I went with a team called Brattvag. I like the look of their badge and kits.

I've got them sitting 2nd after six matches, but the dressing room hates me because of my low reputation. They just called a meeting to tell me I've lost them even though I never really had them.

I assume if I just keep delivering results they'll come around. Probably a problem a lot of players of this challenge come across with Sunday league rep.

Fm18 is fantastic so far, a lot of new things to get to grips with upgrading 4 versions at once, but I'm loving it so far.

IFK Trelleborg

Allsvenskan– 2028 – 14th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A very eventful and pivotal season. We started the season with a squad I  thought could push into the top brackets of  the league. Instead we fought relegation all season. Mid-season we were dead and buried with 13 place out  of reach and a fair gap to the playoff spot in 14th place. The team didn’t gel and the forwards failed to fire despite a promising partnership of Ivorians Mohammed Toure and Cheik Koffi. Koffi struggled for goals as did his understudy August Hegeb. Toure spent too much of the season injured. In July Koffi was sold and replaced by young Swede Talha Gungor. Unknown to me, Gungor had already played for two teams and so would be unavailable. Hegeb was called upon to finish the season in his stead. During the season I faced three of the dreaded board meetings. Pointing to my previous achievements was sufficient each time but my status was precarious for a long period of the season.

In July a moment I had been waiting for happened. Clubs started showing interest in my talented bunch of youngsters. Big clubs. Arsenal, Liverpool, Inter, Bayern and PSG battled it out for two of my midfielders, Senegalese Jerome Fopossi and Australian Matthew Pilkington. I was able to play them off each other and inflate the transfer prices to 4 mill for Pilkington and 3.5 mill for Fopossi. PSG won out for both and I accrued a massive windfall. This secured the clubs finances and looked to better things for the future.

To turn things around I immediately re-invested funds in good players who can form the next generation of the team. Young Swedes Talha Gungor and Andreas Gustafsson arrived for 350k and 675k respectively. Gustafsson was heading out of contract but I needed to see off interest from a number of other Swedish top flight sides who might have trumped my offer. These two players are the best under 19 Swedish players and it will be players like these I build my future upon. Along with these two Moroccan teenagers Adil Hadjji and Hamza Khadir arrived as well as keeper Geirlaugur Ingolfsson. These four cost a combined 1 mill.

To ensure these funds can be put to use I had to avoid relegation however. Form much improved in the run in although I was fending off the sack for the duration of this period. I only lost one of the last ten games. Any more than this and I would probably have been fired. This run was enough to pull us to within a whisker of automatically avoiding relegation. A fairly routine playoff win against Ostersunds was enough to ensure we are playing in the top flight again next season. With the improvements to the squad and funds for more I would be surprised if we were in trouble again next season.

Key Players

Record

2026            Allsvenskan                     14th                                            Relegated                                            
2027            Superettan                      2nd                                             Promoted
2028            Allsvenskan                     14th    

Lyn_Oslo.png.045727f6cf0569cd9728ab24220f0b9d.png

Lyn
Norwegian Premier Division

2029 Season Review

League - Table -  not unbeaten but another comfortable win

Cup - Fixtures - sixth in a row, didn't concede a goal

Champions League (2028/29) - Fixtures - well well well - firstly we just got past Barcelona in the Round of 16.  We then stuffed Monaco away 6-3 and 8-4 on aggregate before facing Arsenal in the semi.  Despite losing 1-0 at the Emirates we won 2-0 at Bislett to set up a final with Internazionale.  A solid 2-0 win meant we lifted the Champions League.  CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

Champions League (2029/30) - Fixtures | Table - continued our defence of the tile with an undefeated run through the groups

Club World Cup - carried off where we left by lifting this at the end of the year

Key players:  Transfers | Squad - a lot of turnover in the summer particularly as N'Guessan kicked up a fuss about moving to Real Madrid

Zaccaria Colella - Uruguyan AMC now one of the key players

Eugune Schade - finally capped by Germany

Brage Tollerud YP20d - came back into the team and had a good season

Stefan Ulla YP24a - another solid season from the youth product

Youth Update:

Intake - meh

Finances - minted

As I have completed the challenge this will be my last update so I wish everyone good luck on their respective attempts.

Season		League		    	  Position		 Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018		Norwegian 2nd Division 		1st		Champions, Promoted
2019		Norwegian 1st Division          8th
2020            Norwegian 1st Division          1st            Champions, Promoted
2021            Norwegian Premier Division      14th
2022            Norwegian Premier Division      12th
2023            Norwegian Premier Division	6th
2024		Norwegian Premier Division      7th             Cup Winners, Turned Professional
2025		Norwegian Premier Division	1st		League Winners, Cup Winners, Supercup Winners, EL Knockouts
2026            Norwegian Premier Division      1st             League Winners, Cup Winners, Supercup Winners, CL Knockouts
2027		Norwegian Premier Division	1st		League Winners, Cup Winners, Supercup Winners, CL Knockouts
2028		Norwegian Premier Division	1st		League Winners, Cup Winners, CL Knockouts
2029		Norwegian Premier Division	1st		League Winners, Cup Winners, CL Winners, CWC Winners

IFK Trelleborg

Allsvenskan– 2029 – 5th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Following the player sales last season, I had substantial funds available to me at the start of the season. Long term I want to invest in young Swedish players who I can build into a team. For now however I looked for young players around the world with immediate ability.  These would have a quick re-sale value allowing me to further increase the transfer funds over a season or two. Belorussians Oleg Moroz and Pavel Kisel arrived with Moroz commanding a 750k fee. Finnish midfielder Tainio arrived from HJK for 650k but was initially deployed as a centre back as I couldn’t accommodate him in the midfield. All of these players should bring big fees in future and have the ability to perform well in the short term.

The investment meant we were fighting at the right end of the table this season. We looked for a while like we might be title contenders but inconsistency killed that ambition. We weren’t far from a European spot but that didn’t quite happen either.

Most of the funds acquired last season are gone now so further player sales are likely. Hopefully I can keep momentum and push at the right end of the table.

Key Players

Record

2028            Allsvenskan                      14th                                           
2029            Allsvenskan                      5th                                           

Wish Arsenal, Tottenham and Bayern would leave my star players alone... Same teams everytime.

Even better, I wish my chairman would stop accepting rubbish bids for them. Usually managed to protest them but it's annoying because I can't negotiate and barter up the deal.

Just lost my best two youngsters for a combined 10 mill. Money is nice but I'm trying to build a team here. Also if I sell too many at one I get nailed on tax. One a season is enough to balance the books and give me transfer funds. 

XaW - Royal White Star Bruxelles - 2018/19

White_star_bruxelles.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Bruxelles, or rather Brussels as the city is known, is the capital of Belgium. And the city where I'm located this time around. More specifically, we are in the municipality of Sint-Jans-Molenbeek that seems to be mostly French speaking, so I guess I have to learn back some of the French I have forgotten since my school days. For me it also bring the unusual occurrence that I, as a Belgian club, might sign Belgian players who don't speak the language. Funny how things work out sometimes, but hey, we'll manage. When I took over the club and examined the squad I found that the skill was very divided. Quite a lot of good players, but also some shockingly poor ones. We also had an arranged transfer when I took over. The purchase of a goalkeeper from Togo for quite a lot of money! £325k is quite a bit for a club of this size, but then I looked at finances and were already in the red... Not the best of signs, but I hoped we had a sugar daddy or something like that. Well, as we lost untold amounts of cash throughout the season at least the chairman pumped in money to keep us out of administration. He actually pumped in £600k.... 3 times! And we still ended on a loss of almost £700k. I really hope he keeps being a mini Abramovic for us, or else we've got issues.

Over to actual football; We started quite well, competing on the top of the table, but we had quite a lot of narrow wins and I were more happy with the results rather than how we played. Part of this were due to player quality, but also my 4-5-1 with wingers weren't solid enough defensively. Then we had quite a rough patch while I tweaked tactics and this lead to Lierse running away while the rest of the pack dropped points. After the winter break we once again found form and we won 8 games in a row to ensure the 2nd spot behind Lierse. When the regular season were done the playoff started. Here all points are halved and the top 4 teams play each other twice more to determine promotion. Since Lierse had quite a lead during the regular season they started with a 6 point lead on us. Lierse actually had a rather poor promotion stage and we gained the 6 points on them and had them on goal difference, however, turns out that's not what decides the sorting rules, it's based on what position you start the playoff in... So we missed the promotion on having less points in the normal stage while doing best in the promotion stage. Our only loss came in a home game to the poorest team in the promotion stage, a game we had 5 CCCs, but then got a red card and lost. I'll admit I'm a bit salty about this, but at least Lierse are gone for next season. I did get named Manager of the Year though, it's something.

During the summer I hope to get rid of a lot of dead weights and hopefully improve on the squad. And then aim for promotion next season. I also hope the chairman keeps us financially afloat.

Season	|  League	 |  Position  |  Cofidis Cup  |   Europe	|   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19	|  Derde Klasse  |  2nd	      |  5th round    |   N/A		|   2nd place in playoff, Manager of the year

IFK Trelleborg

Allsvenskan– 2030 – 9th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A very inconsistent season following a strong 5th place finish. We had good runs of form where we threatened to break into the top six but this was offset by terrible runs and ultimately we ended up in midtable.

Off the field matters were more interesting. We sold our two most promising youngsters Talha Gungor and Andreas Gustafsson to Inter for 3.5m and Arsenal for 5.5m respectively in July. I was unable to resist the fervour of interest in them. This was along with George Timotheou who was the star last season but left for Tottenham for 4mill in January. The two Swedes were a shame as I like to build my team around a core of domestic talent, preferably developed at the club. On the other hand however I went out and spent a significant chunk of the proceeds on the best of the years youth intakes in Sweden. Didrik Svenneford, Alper San and Albin Svensson are all 17 and are immediate first team players. Andre Westerberg signed at the start of the season and played most of the season but we feel out after I turned him down a transfer to Tottenham so is likely to move on.

Key Players

Record

2029            Allsvenskan                     5th                                           
2030           Allsvenskan                      9th                                           

Been a little while since I posted last, mainly due to being immersed in my Como save and not having too much time recently to check on the forums.  So…

@Crispypaul  -  serious congratulations on being the first person to complete the challenge this year. 

@Andrew Haines – making some quick progress through the seasons.  Was a shame to see you relegated but well done for bouncing back straight away.  Seems like it was one step backwards for two steps forwards.

@RocheBag  -  welcome back into the fold.  FM18 certainly is a big step up since FM14.  Good luck in Norway.

@XaW  -  welcome back to the challenge – good luck in Belgium

As for me I have made it to January.  Started poorly and I have some work to do with my squad I think.  In mid table but about 12 points off the top places with still plenty of games to go.  Need to go on a good run after an important January transfer window.

XaW - Royal White Star Bruxelles - 2019/20

White_star_bruxelles.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

We had a good season last year, unfortunately Lierse had a massive season to deny us a promotion. They were far too good for the 3rd tier though as evident by this season were they only ended 5 points behind the promoted team again. For our own season, we managed to get rid of a lot of the unwanted players we started with last season. I also managed to get in some very good players, and some not great ones as backup. Part of my goal this season were to avoid increasing the wage costs since we lost so much money last season. After we got rid of the unwanted ones and got in better players I had managed to keep the wage cost around the same, but with much better players. So more value for the money at least.

Over to the actual football. We went unbeaten until the winter break... Yes, we were that dominant and we ran away quite early on. I did some more tweaks to the tactic in the summer and they seems to be working like a charm. We actually did lose our first match after the break, but it was just one of those matches. We missed a pen and got a goal questionably called off, meanwhile they scored 3 in 3 shots while we managed 2 in 38. A farce, but what can you do? Those things happen, though, no matter how annoying. We kept on winning and we of course qualified for the playoffs. We went in there only needing a single point to get promoted and when we won the first match it was a fact. We are going up. I hope I can compete with the higher tier, though I might need some quality players in.

I do have some great players in the squad. Idrissa Ogodjo is a pretty good goalkeeper for this level. Sébastien Locigno are our captain and our right back. While he can deputize on the wing, he mainly stays back to help the defense. Daouda Peeters are the most defensive of the midfield trio, but works also as the pivot for our attacking play and ensures that all players have fallback plan should no other options be available. Ismail H'Maidat (no idea on the pronunciation there) are the workhorse and runs all day allowing Olivier Rommens to focus on more attacking runs. 24 goals and 16 assists is simply amazing from a central midfielder. On the left wing we have Béni Badibanga who contributed with both goals and assists. On the opposite wing our other loanee had a cracking season. Iebe Swers are on loan from Sint-Truidense and I hope to keep him. Up top we have one of our few full internationals in Costa Rican Randall Leal who came to us after failing to break through at KV Mechelen.

Financially, we are sinking deeper into the hole, but hopefully the promotion will help out next season, as I will continue to keep the wage costs as low as I can while still improving the squad.

Season	|  League	 |  Position  |  Cofidis Cup  |   Europe	|   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19	|  Derde Klasse  |  2nd	      |  5th round    |   N/A		|   2nd place in playoff, Manager of the year
2019/20	|  Derde Klasse  |  1st	      |  6th round    |   N/A		|   Promoted

IFK Trelleborg

Allsvenskan– 2031 – 9th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Another inconsistent season on the pitch and a second consecutive 9th place finish. We never quite settled and deficiencies in key positions were obvious. We were never in any danger of relegation which should be a given with the squad I have (but then again I thought that when I got relegated).

Again, off the pitch was more interesting than on it. I was an annoying season for transfers. The previous season we sold two youngsters for a combined 10 million in August. These funds were invested in the best available youth talent. Didrik Svennefjord (Aug 30), Felip Henriksson and Albin Svensson are all 17 years old and cost a combined 5 million. They went straight into the team along with more experienced Swedes Kim Johansson and Hampus Ohlsson who cost 1.5mill and 1.2 mill respectively. Along with a slew of talented foreigners I was hoping for a successful season for an outlay of almost 10 million.

In actual fact I spent most of the season battling the board to stop them selling my best players for derisory fees. 18 year old Andre Westerberg started the season as first choice striker despite falling out with me over a transfer the previous season. I expected him to leave and sure enough in July the board accepted an offer from Inter which my protest couldn’t prevent, 2.8 million plus clauses wasn’t bad. Frustratingly, the board then accepted a offer for centre-back Simon Olsson from Tottenham. At 3.3mill rising to 5.75 this sounds a lot but Olsson cost me 2.2 million the previous season and he is a regular in the Swedish first XI. Even more annoying was the sale of Didrik Svennefjord who was my favorite of the young players for a derisory 2.2 million. The board again refused my protest. Most of my frustration is that I could have negotiated much bigger fees given the chance. I had actually rejected bigger offers for Olsson before the board stepped in.

I will have to rebuild again for next season. In the end I limped to the end of the season with a depleted squad due to the sales and an unwillingness to panic buy to replace them. Hopefully I can bring in some better players to improve the squad and keep hold of my remaining players. Kim Johansson is the current star. He was signed last season in August after the transfer deadline in anticipation of Westerberg leaving at the end of the season. He was in the middle of a successful loan spell with IFK Norkopping and had a lot of the attributes I look for. However he was two years older than Westerberg and not much better as a player on the face of it. When he broke into the team however he scored goals. Where Westerberg was hit and miss in front of goals Johansson was lethal. He ended the season with 18 goals in 22 games and ensured Westerberg was not missed.

Key Players

• GK – Laszlo KissHungarian keeper signed from Videoton for 1.5mill.
  • FB – Hampus OhlssonSigned from IFK Norrkoping for 1.2 million, Ohlsson is a regular in the Swedish international side.
  • CB – Albin Svensson17 year old Swedish centre-back who signed from Brommapojkarna for 1.6 mill.
  • CB – Mohammed AliA regular in the Sweden squad, Ali is now in his second season with the club.
  • FB – Jan SmerdaLeftback signed from Sparta Prague for 600k.
  • WP – German VidalColombian midfielder converted to play the wide playmaker role. Probably the sides best player.
  • CM – Denis KuntesevichBelorussian midfielder who has been with us for a number of seasons. Ended the season as first choice.
  • BBM – Bence SiposHungarian international midfielder signed from Videoton at the start of the season.
  • W – Alper SanYoung winger with bags of pace but not quite developing as quick as I would like.
  • AF – Kim JohanssonA 1.5 mill signing from Malmo, has quickly established himself as a lethal striker scoring 18 goals in 22 league games.
  • DLF – Filip HenrikssonVery promising striker attracting interest from Europes top clubs.

Record

2030            Allsvenskan                     9th                                           
2031            Allsvenskan                     9th                                           

IFK Trelleborg

Allsvenskan– 2032 – 3rd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A much improved season this year with a 3rd place finish guaranteeing European football for the first time. We would have challenged for the title if it weren’t for a terrible run of form following the summer break. I was still trying to bring in signings to replace the losses of key players Filip Henriksson and German Vidal who fell victim to the annual scouring of the squad by bigger European clubs. This time Henriksson left for Napoli for 4.4 mill and Vidal for Tottenham for 2.2 mill. The instability caused as I tried to plug the positions caused us to enter a run of six games without a win and cost us a title challenge. Vidal was a big loss and served me right for not paying attention on transfer deadline day as my board accepted an offer.

The run in to the end of the season bodes well for next season. We finished strongly with 10 wins in the final 11 games. The squad is the strongest it has been. I have moved from signing almost exclusively Swedish youngsters to including a spread of other nationalities who are more the complete article. This has improved the quality of the squad. It was in truth influenced however by the lack of young talent in this years intake. Of the foreign imports, Aboua on the left wing in particular was my first really quality left winger in this game. He added 15 goals.

The aim for next season has to be the title. The squad is strong enough, we just need to maintain consistency.

Key Players

• GK – Didier DoumbiaExcellent Ivorian international signed from ASEC at the start of the season.
  • FB – Hampus OhlssonSwedish international right back had a decent season.
  • CB – Albin SvenssonYoung centreback who received his first Sweden cap this season.
  • CB – Mohammed AliAnother Swedish international defender. Ali also captains the side having signed three seasons ago.
  • FB – Peter StahlA 1.2 mill signing from IFK Goteborg. Attracting interest from the usual top European sides.
  • WP – Bence SiposHungarian midfielder converting to play the wide playmaker role.
  • CM – Nikolay Nikolov21 year old Bulgarian international midfielder signed from CSKA Sofia for 450k.
  • BBM – Robert NemethOne of a number of Hungarians in the midfield. Did well after arriving from Videoton on a free transfer.
  • W – Charles AbouaIvorian winger scored an impressive 15 goals and 11 assists in his first season at the club.
  • AF – Kim Johansson25 goals in 28 games was an impressive return for the Swedish international striker.
  • DLF – Tom JohannessonTalented young striker signed for 2.8 million. Scored 17 goals in 20 games.

Record

2032            Allsvenskan                     3rd                                           

IFK Trelleborg

Allsvenskan– 2033 – 2nd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Very, very disappointed not to be able to report a very successful season. We came so close in the league and Europe. In the league we lead all season and had a commanding league at the top of the table going into the final 6 games. One win from these final fixtures was not enough even though it was against eventual champions Malmo. They pipped us to top spot on the final game of the season by goal difference. We only needed a point at home to IFK Norkoping but lost 3-2. We had been so commanding all season but in the end weight of fixtures cost us. The squad was too thin to cope with the league fixtures in the run in as well as 12 European games. On the subject of Europe, we did really well in our first campaign to qualify for the group stages where we were in the running to get out of the group. Victories over Standard of Belgium and Sturm Graz of Austria were impressive while six points from Porto, AZ and Aberdeen in the group wasn’t a bad haul. We threw away two goal leads against Aberdeen twice however only collecting a point from the two games. These points would have seen us out of the group.

Things are promising for next season however. I was annoyed in August that the board again sold a key talent in defender Anders Nordstrom. The funds from this with European revenues have given me a healthy bank balance. I’ve just signed a new midfield including possibly the best player in the squad in Polish international Michal Rakoczy. He will partner Norwegian Ivar Andre Ulveseth in the centre of the park. I hope this will give me a squad that can go that extra step forward this season.

Europe – Europa League

• 2nd Qualifying Round – Basaksehir (Turkey) – 7-2
  • 3rd Qualifying Round – Standard Liege (Belgium) – 4-0
  • 4th Qualfiying Round – Sturm Graz (Austria) – 4-3
  • Group Stage – Porto, AZ, Aberdeen – 3rd Place.

Key Players

• GK – Didier DoumbiaAnother good season for the Ivorian international.
  • FB – Hampus OhlssonPotentially a week link in the line up. The rightback position should be an attacking fulcrum but only returned 3 assists.
  • CB – Albin SvenssonSwedish youngster whose development hasn’t been as meteoric as his early promise. Good player though.
  • CB – Mohammed AliSwedish international whose place for next season may come under threat
  • FB – Guillaume KipreAnother Ivory Coast international signed from ASEC for 450k to replace Juventus bound Peter Stahl
  • WP – Bence SiposHungarian international who had an excellent third season at IFK.
  • CM – Jose NeiraA 240k signing from Barcelona (the Ecuadorian one). Did okay in the holding midfield role.
  • BBM – Robert Nemeth A very good season for the Hungarian midfielder.
  • W – Charles AbouaCompletes the clubs Ivorian trio. Hit double figures for a second season but most impressive was his 17 assists.
  • AF – Kim Johansson Top scorer in the Allsvenskan for a second season with 21 goals.
  • DLF – Tom JohannessonPotential to be a great player. Overcame a mid-season strop over a denied transfer and signed a new contract.

Record

2032            Allsvenskan                     3rd                                        
2033            Allsvenskan                     2nd                Europa Lge Grp Phase                                           

@XaW - congratulations on the title and promotion.  Hopefully promotion will help with the finances.  You’ve got a few decent players who’ll hopefully help you next season.

@Andrew Haines  -  some good progress there.  You seem to be having to rebuild each year when the vultures circle but it doesn’t appear to be affecting you too much.  Good luck next season.

XaW - Royal White Star Bruxelles - 2020/21

White_star_bruxelles.png

First Phase | Second Phase | Overall Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

A strong showing last season with the promotion, but since we beat a couple of 2nd tier teams in the cup I had hopes we could survive this season. I managed to bring in a couple of good players, but a lot of the ones who wanted to join were loanees. While I usually don't like to base my teams on loanees, but since I didn't have much choice if I wanted to get in good players, I did it this time. We started a bit slow, but we found our footing after a while and finished the first phase strongly. In the end Lierse won it ahead of us. In the second phase we started much better and won the first 6 matches of the stage. Then it went a bit slower, but we kept our lead and won the part and qualified for the Champions playoff.

Here we met Lierse, of course, since they won the first phase ahead of us. The first of the two legs were at our home ground. We got of to a great start when former loanee turned our player, Wout Faes from a corner after only 6 minutes. Then it was the Lemoine and Badibanga show! 4 goals from right winger Gabriel Lemoine and 4 assists from left winger Béni Badibanga! Lierse pulled one back in the middle of it, but the game ended a great 5-1 win. The away leg were far more average and ended 2-2. Then we were champions, and promoted! And then the season ended.... In March! So I guess I have a lot of time to plan for our first season in the top tier. I don't know if my controlling 4-5-1 will work there since it depends on keeping possession and making the most of it, but we shall see.

Financially, we didn't lose as much as the last season, which is a good thing, I guess. However, we are still being kept afloat by the chairman pumping in money to keep us at _only_ around £1,5m in debt.

Season	|   League	    |  Position  |  Cofidis Cup  |   Europe	|   Notes
2018/19	|   Derde Klasse    |  2nd	 |  5th round    |   N/A	|   2nd place in playoff, Manager of the year
2019/20	|   Derde Klasse    |  1st	 |  6th round    |   N/A	|   Promoted as champions
2020/21	|  Proximus League  |  1st	 |  6th round    |   N/A	|   Promoted as champions

Archived