About halfway through my first season with Lyn, enjoying it so far. 

A word of advice for anyone else in Norway - if you get drawn at home against top division opposition, always accept the proposal to switch to their own stadium.  I refused for a game against Songdal after they offered £7k and 50% of their gate receipts (as all cup receipts are shared 50/50) however we only had about 500 people turn up and got £3k in receipts in the end :mad:

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

About halfway through my first season with Lyn, enjoying it so far. 

A word of advice for anyone else in Norway - if you get drawn at home against top division opposition, always accept the proposal to switch to their own stadium.  I refused for a game against Songdal after they offered £7k and 50% of their gate receipts (as all cup receipts are shared 50/50) however we only had about 500 people turn up and got £3k in receipts in the end :mad:

Tough lesson to learn there.  Personally I would have done the same as you though if I am being honest.  Got to give yourself the best chance of a positive result.

Ug1eWUM.png

FC Viikingit Season 01 - 2018 Review

Squad - Transfers - Finances - Fixtures - Table - Season Review

Team Leaders - Team Awards - League Leaders - League Team Leaders - Team Records

A good first season with Viikingit. Spent most of the season trying to figure out what tactics to use. Lots of players in and out. We managed to finish in third though despite having a negative goal differential. When we lost we seemed to lose big too often. Did finish second for the manager of the year award.

Key Players:

• Bob Diasonama - Was good as our first choice right back.
  • Demba Camara - Free from AIFK. Our top striker with 10 goals and 3 assists
  • Elias Tuomela - Free from FC Honka Espoo. Controlled the midfield. Scored 5 and setup 6.
  • Miika Hosio - Free from J Ilves - Best performing winger. Scored 6 and setup 5 but expected more.
  • Rasmus Holma - Free from TPS - Our defense was pretty leaky but he was our most solid
  • Valte Vuorela - Free from Gnistan - Top player on the club this year. Scored twice and setup 5 while performing great in the defensive midfield.

Next Years Goals - Keep working on tactic and make the promotion playoff.

Ug1eWUM.png

FC Viikingit Season 02 - 2019 Review

Team Leaders - Team Awards - League Leaders - League Team Leaders - Team Records - Best 11 All Time

Our second season got off to inconsistent start. We just couldn't get players going consistently. Midway through the season I decided to scrap the 4-1-2-2-1 and go straight 4-3-3. This lead to an almost instant turnaround. We won of our final 13 matches to finish in 4th one spot lower than last year and 10 points behind the playoff spot. The formation switch lead to quite a bit larger squad than I like to run as it was tough getting rid of those unneeded. Overall our squad is stronger than last year but still not strong enough on the back-end for my liking. 

Key Players:

• Alex Lehtinen - Free from FC Ilves. Came in and made the left back spot his own.
  • Bob Diasonama - Another strong season from our right back. Not sure how long he will feature in the future though
  • Demba Camara- Did not score as many goals as last year but did lead the league in assists
  • Elias Tuomela - Our best player this year. Managed 4 goals and 3 assists from midfield
  • Faraz Ahadi - Free from KTP. Brought in to be an attacking mid option. Scored 4 and setup 2
  • Niko Ikavalko - Free from KTP. The veteran stepped in and lead the team in goals with 13. Inconsistent but very good when it was his day.
  • Peter Ojala - Free from FC Espoo. Signed as just a depth youngster when he got he in produced with 8 goals
  • Rasmus Holma - Defense is still a question mark but again he was our best

Next Seasons Goals - Aiming for the playoff spot again

@The Art of Drowning - that is a tough run of results...  What is the league table like?  I guess it is a case of trying to get through to the winter break and see where you are and if you can tweak the squad to kick on in the spring.  Good luck.

@GoalieManPat121  -  good luck in getting a play-off spot next season.  the change in tactic seems to POTENTIALLY have helped so hopefully you can maintain that form next season.

Ug1eWUM.png

FC Viikingit Season 03 - 2020 Review

Team Leaders - Team Awards - League Leaders - League Team Leaders - Team Records 

So to start the season it seemed like we would steamroll everyone. We won our first three league matches by a combined score of  24-3 and won 7 of our first 8 matches including a club and league record win. It seemed though that teams started to pickup on how to get at us and the form dropped a bit. The defense was still a bit to leaky so I kept tinkering a bit moving from the straight 4-3-3 to a more 5-2-3 the last couple months of the season. A good run of form in there got us back into the Championship race but ultimately we fell short and finished 2nd to FC Ilves by one point. We completely smashed the league goals scored in a season record as well. By finishing second we got into the two leg promotion playoff with top division 2nd to bottom finisher FC Honka Espoo. Leg 1 was at home and we made no doubt who would be going through by crushing them 6-0! The 2nd leg gave us another 2-0 win to win the tie 8-0. We are officially promoted to the Veikkasliiga! Hopefully the move to the top division will make some cash available to the club as the finances are not to good. The chairman sold out young striker Kuusisto out form under me.

Key Players:

• Andi Haliti - Youngster got into quite a few matches scoring 3 and setting up 3 from the midfield. Getting U20 caps with Kosovo
  • Daniel Kollar - Free from Gnistan Helsinki. Was really looking to upgrade our keeper and Daniel came in and did great.
  • Demba Camara - One man wrecking crew. 28 goals and 18 assists. League Player of the Year, lead league in Goals, Assists, and POM
  • Elias Tuomela - Role changed a bit this year but still great production
  • Faraz Ahadi - Expected a couple more goals for his role but still did well in the middle
  • Niko Ikavalko - The old man keeps on producing with 15 goals and 13 assists
  • Tom Linjala - Free from Miki Mikkeli. The youngster stepped in and scored 11 goals with 3 assists. Will have a main role next year. Teams already trying to get him
  • Tommi Korkeakunnas - Biggest surprise of the year. Brought in last year as depth youngster. Stepped in this year and was our best defender.

Next years goals - Survive the top division

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk

So it was a tough year, we actually started off pretty well and good a couple of wins against some big sides.  It all went down hill during a home game with Zenit, we were 1-0 up and our sub decides to commit a 2 footed lunge about a min after coming on, we end up losing 2-1 with 10 men and it's the start of the disastrous run I posted earlier.  @rlipscombe you were right though, the winter break allowed us to recharge (and sign 4 or 5 new players from Africa) and we went on a nice little run, and although at one point we were 8 points adrift having played a game more we eventually did it.  Just checked and our nice little run was only 4 games undefeated :D Felt more grand than that:

:8F17A13CF5DC90A220BFC2BB6D4C7916F6B9017C

League Table

Check out the goals against column!

954BA90D32B585DF543F59C1D36AC12C1AE524EE

Transfers

Some big sales here, had an ozzie attacking midfielder at the end of my first season who looked too good for the level but didn't play that great.  PSG decided they wanted him so I replaced him with an identical Australian from the same academy club, PSG then took him for his minimum release clause too.  Bit gutted Chernov has gone, he's Russian and only 17 so had him in mind to stay with us all the way.  

E0D83CB9465AF87D744BD84F16E0E2611F11FB73

Key Players

Guliev was signed to boost the Russian numbers, he actually played pretty good in midfield.  Man City trialled Mehic when I first tried to Loan him, I just went back in and took him anyway and immediately extended his loan for the next season too.

CBD9D96E61D9FD3C672A8F7ED8BC32844DD80113

8D781CECE875AFF546E839A746EFC06B7873EB51

Slow progress in my save in Portugal as we had an awful start to the season, losing eight of our first ten. I then spent some time working on tactics in another save before returning to GRAP and it seems to have done the trick - we have only lost one of our last seven and have now pulled out of the drop zone at the halfway stage:

68d8f7fe17e1c1a0d90c498000f56e7e.png

Young striker Manuel Brites has been the key to our turnaround with 12 goals for the season, 10 in our last 7 outings.

I will be happy if we are still in 13th come the end of the season!

What a year!  continued our good form towards the end of last season and have managed to get into Europe!   Financially set up nicely too with the sale of Nigerian Centre back Mohammed to Zenit for a fee that could reach over £12m.  We then smashed our own transfer record to replace him with a very good young Uruguayan Centre Back.  We still struggled against the very big sides and took a few hefty beatings along the way but we were able to get wins against the small teams in the league.

League Table

22D858088F30B6DFB09F2A3A612856A27EA1EFCA#

Transfers

B9430C3C30465A1CC6EDD7A3F6157C8ED9F205CE

Key Players

Kolesnichenko was one of my first signings for about £150k, now fighting off offers of around £7m.

8B198F2C5485AB25D0C8A12554D1CC3FE11E1BFE

B91674DC4F7296D3689BAFFE56B302CC69D44ED1

EE15F4640A0174113955A081A66A9C18A2B03CFF

Nice to see that the challenge is still going. I really want and hope i'll get to finish it again this year.

Already decided on a team and will post the introduction really soon. I'm going to Germany to take down Bayern again but this time i want to conquer Munich too.

TSV 1860 München.svg

Munchen Lions

Challenge Introduction

Club History | Manager Profile | Club Overview | Club Squad

Club Info

Munchen Lions, formerly known as TSV 1860 Munchen, is a German football club based in Munich. It was one of the founding members of the Bundesliga in 1963 and even were West German champions in 1966. In total they played 20 seasons in the top league. In 2004 they were relegated from Bundesliga where they played until the 2016/2017 season. At the end of 2016/2017 season they finished 16th in 2. Bundesliga and lost in the following relegation play-off. Unfortunatelly they were unable to obtain a 3. Liga license for the 2017/2018 season and they were relegated to the Regionalliga Bayern. They are now back in Germany's 3.Liga and are looking to get back to the top with the help of their new manager.

From 2005 to 2017 they played at Allianz Arena. after they got relegated they went back to their original stadium,  Stadion an der Grünwalder Straße.

The future

We are looking to get back to the Bundesliga as soon as possible but at the same time keep the club financially stable since this has been a problem in the past. Thankfully our training facilities are great and so are our youth facilities. This will help us to form a team that will challenge for promotions.

Just had quite possibly the most ludicrous season I've ever had on any version of Football Manager :D  At one stage I actually thought I was going to complete the challenge in season 4!  I was amazed when we got through to the Champions League group stages, especially as we had to beat FC Porto and RB Salzburg to get there.  Then we got a group with Real Madrid, Juventus and Leverkusen I thought that would be the end of it.  Next thing I know I'm in the Champions League Semi Final and winning 2-0 (agg 3-1) against Arsenal, sadly they scored 3 goals to send them through but it was just madness to even be there in the first place.

League Table

4DD56F3982B03884AF3C57D34259AABF3D8295D4

Champions League

A57008A77802A3A3C59E7C1B3D7040D80CDB7DC7

Transfers

Most annoying of those sales was Kolesnichenko as we were struggling to meet Russian player requirements as it was!  Not a bad profit on £150k though

3B319F64E325FDECED1A52C90F276AC99F0B888A

Key Players

Karim Hajji is the real star, wanted by a lot of huge sides now

B911F04A249698B0A9513DA7AD4236540CE1F7E9

83FFECE29E4305BCA84FB8B507C8447A16EE16C7

Welcome to Poland

Poland resets on 20 June 2018

xuAEH1y.png

Gwardia Koszalin

Club | Squad 1 2 3 | Manager

Let's see what we can do. The wife and I spent a few days a couple months ago in Krakow and really enjoyed it. It gave me the idea to try this challenge in Poland this year. I had a decent run with Dalvik/Reynir in Iceland last year, but ultimately getting any sustained European success was difficult with a small country and the opposite league calendar. I'm not all that great at the game, so I'm not expecting too much, but who knows maybe we can pull off a miracle.

@The Art of Drowning - well done on surviving in the top flight first season.  And then to go and make it to europe in the second season and nearly win the Champions league! :applause:i like the look of Kolesnichenko. looks like he has great potential - well he did before you sold him.  Still a great profit.  And now with Hajji - i really hope you are able to keep him.

@DodgeeD - good to see your form picked up.

@Andy Sava - good to see you back.  good luck with Munchen Lions - i hope that you manage to get them back to the Bundesliga and taking on Bayern.

@BreakwoodFM - welcome and good luck in Poland.  Look forward to seeing how you get on.

As for me, HOPEFULLY i will be able to make a start in the challenge soon.  I have started a new job this week hence my lack of posts which has meant i have been quite tired what with my previous ills so hopefully once my body and mind get used to full-timework again i will be able to make a start.  Keep up the good work in the meantime guys :thup:

White star bruxelles.png

Royal White Star Bruxelles 2018-2019

Decided on Royal White Star Bruxelles as I was just in Brussels last week and it looks like in real life the club is about to be dissolved. They won the Belgian 2nd Division in 2016 but license issues kept them from being promoted and debt led them to being relegated and, this season, they cancelled all of their games in the 2nd Amateur Division.

Club History

My Profile

Club Overview

Key Player - AM Adilson Mendes

We're starting out quite short on staff and lacking at striker but expectations will be pretty high as we're picked to finish 3rd. I've barely played around with the new version so hopefully we can survive.

TSV 1860 München.svg

Munchen Lions

Season 1 - Pre-season

The Squad

Alot of depth in the squad. You can see that they were a 2. Bundesliga team not so long ago and are playing in the 3rd division only because of some financial issues. The youth team is also incredible with some really good prospects. I only brought one player in, which is a first for me when starting with a new team.

Key Players

Felix Weber - 23 years old central defender. Solid overall, will play a big role in our defence.

Timo Gebhart - The best man we have in the midfield.

Sascha Molders - Experienced striker.

Hot prospects

Johannes Wurm - 17 years old midfielder, will probably start playing him from the first season.

Kevin Can Bugera - He should end up a good ball winning midfielder in the future.

Mustafa Ozturk - Future star for the team if he continues to develop well.

Friendlies

f790e6e8e23c2fefe0b7e00515da086a.png

It's the first time i lost the intra-squad friendly, and by a big goal difference too. Despite that the pre-season friendlies did their job and got us some familiarity with our tactics and we got some good results too. I'm overall happy about how we progressed.

Season start

910622a5e1bfd9770c6e8efdf8dedad3.png

These are the predictions before the season start. As you can see we are ranked quite high and are expected to fight for promotion. The board set my objective to a top-half finish. 

The first game of the season is going to be away at Duisburg.

image.png.559975869afb2d105749fcb4a1570cc7.png

Tatabanya - 2020/21

So now that I'm finally through with exams and onto break, I found time to finish up the second season with Tatabanya and our first in the top flight. We made a lot of decent signiongs in the summer at our scouts' recommendations and they managed to pay off as we won the title in the end on probably as little points as possible. Nobody was outstanding that year which helped our prospects and we were able to pull away and win the title despite losing and drawing our last 2 games.  

Division I - Secured on the last day of the season since both MTK and Puskas lost and we drew.

Schedule Parts 1 and 2 - We had lots of one goal victories.

Best 11 - Well it's still there.

Hungarian Cup - Disappointing to go out that early, but it allowed us to focus on the title.

Transfers - Was able to make good profit on some of the players from last year and brought in lots of young players to fill the gaps.

Squad - Young squad of mostly regens at this point.

Finances - We need to make a run into Europe now to boost the finances.

Key Player Profiles:

Valter Heil - Still the captain and one of the most important defenders.

Peter Unterberger - Was injured for part of the season, but when he played he was our best player average rating wise.

Nedeljko Djordjevic - Unlike last year, we did not spread out the goals and this man got basically all of them.

Stefan Todorov - Didn't include him last year, but he's averaged over a 7.00 in both years on loan with us and we're signing him on a free for next year.

Jimmy Mulenga - Didn't have an outstanding year, but he's our best player by attributes and hopefully he'll turn it on next year.

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Hungarian Cup    Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer             Most Assists                  Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Division II       1st         Quarterfinals    Below Average          Poor                 Adequate            Basic               Champions                 Garat (19)             Ploscariu/Cocsis/Tóth (9)     Unterberger (7.44)
2020/21   Division I        1st         Quarterfinals    Below Average          Poor                 Good                Fairly Basic        Champions                 Djordjevic (28)        Lafortune (13)                Unterberger (7.33)

Lyn_Oslo.png.045727f6cf0569cd9728ab24220f0b9d.png

Lyn
Norwegian 2nd Division

2018 Season Review

League - Table | Fixtures - what can I say but we had a stormer of a season, winning the title by 10 points to achieve promotion at the first time of asking.

Cup - Fixtures - got past Valerenga in the 3rd round but narrowly lost to Sogndal in the 4th.  

Key players:

Elvind Fallas Dahl - scored some key goals from midfield

Kenneth Di Vita Jensen - 19 goals from the striker

Thomas Lia - 9 clean sheets from the keeper

Andre Emilio Garcia - great work from the Spanish right back

Youth Update:

I love Norway's youth intake - it comes near the start of the season rather than at the end so you get a full season for the intake straight away.  They had a stormer, winning the U19 cup too.

Intake

A few players tagged from this:

Jonas Knutsen Y18a: Intake Stats |  promising right back though needed some tutoring.

Nicolaj Olsen Y18b: Intake Stats | End of Season: young striker had an astonishing season scoring 44 goals.  I gave him a couple of games at the end.

Inge Berntsen Y18c: Intake Stats: looked promising but hasn't quite got there after breaking his ankle early on

Stian Hermansen Y18d: Intake Stats (sorry seem to have not done this!) | End of Season: yes he scored 27 goals this season - ludicrously prolific although not yet ready for the first team.

Other News

Got a youth recruitment upgrade and a junior coaching upgrade at the end of the season.  Also under soil heating is required

Soft Brexit - haven't seen this before actually

Finances: pretty awful

Season		League		    	  Position		 Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018		Norwegian 2nd Division 		1st		Champions, Promoted

(sorry realised I have not taken screenshots of the transfers or year end squad - will do so next update)

Tatabanya - 2021/22

All in all, a very successful season. It looked like it was going to be a struggle in the beginning, since nobody was willing to join who would strengthen the existing squad. The new Champions League format made things more difficult it seemed, but we did well before losing to Levski 3-1 at home in the final round before group stages. Since our CL campaign was hurting our league position, I decided to give up and throw in backups for the away leg. Somehow we FMed them and pulled a 3-0 win out of the bag with 3 late goals that saw us into the group stages for nothing more than the money. As the season went on, better players were willing to join us and now we had the money to sign them due to the CL. All our key players this season and 5 of the front 6 joined us midway through the season. That meant we were eventually able to coast to another title. 

Division I - Much more convincing this year.

Schedule Parts 1 and 2 - You can see the stretch where all our new players joined.

Best 11 - New formation and if we're chasing the game we switch to a 4-4-2.

Champions League - I played rotated sides in the group stages.

Hungarian Cup - This one hurts as we had chances to win.

Transfers - Sold Sukharev for 1M and used that and our newfound CL money to make some big free transfers.

Squad - We're going to have to get rid of some players who were good but aren't good enough anymore.

Finances - Very healthy now.

Key Player Profiles:

Michael Fabbro - Came in in October, scored more than a goal a game for the rest of the season.

Mijo Caktas - Came in in the end of October, was irreplaceable in the Trequartista role. He's 30 now, so we need to find a worthy replacement.

Sheraldo Becker - Came in in February, and played well after his slow start.

Mark Noble - Still got it at 35; he came in in December and then our captain/most influential player got homesick so I moved him on and Noble became the captain.

Zeljko Juricev - Played him as an IF on the left and he got an impressive 15 assists in 25 starts.

Patrik Vass - Really only played the first half of the season, but he was singlehandedly winning games before the rest of the team came in midseason.

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Hungarian Cup    Europe    Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer             Most Assists                  Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Division II       1st         Quarterfinals    N/A       Below Average          Poor                 Adequate            Basic               Champions                 Garat (19)             Ploscariu/Cocsis/Tóth (9)     Unterberger (7.44)
2020/21   Division I        1st         Quarterfinals    N/A       Below Average          Poor                 Good                Fairly Basic        Champions                 Djordjevic (28)        Lafortune (13)                Unterberger (7.33)
2021/22   Division I        1st         Finals           CL Group  Below Average          Poor                 Good                Fairly Basic        Champions, Cup Runner Up  Fabbro (34)            Juricev (15)                  Fabbro (7.66)

Tatabanya - 2022/23

I'm starting to like this new scouting system more and more since my scouts keep recommending me players that are very good and willing to join the club. My database has basically as many Europeans as possible with all the leagues view only, so the amount of good Eastern European regens are staggering. Along with those, we raided everyone's favorite African club, ASEC, for another striker. I was expecting to get knocked out in the CL group stages again, but we didn't even make it that far after coming up against a Partick Thistle side that has won the Scottish Premiership the last 2 years without a tycoon and with lots of young Scottish regens. They even made it to the EL 2nd knockout round before losing to Arsenal. We then entered the EL and breezed through the rest of qualifying and the group stages with a perfect record. We then made it past Hoffenheim, PAOK, and then Inter (!), before losing in the semifinals to Arsenal. Overall, much better than I expected for our first time in the Europa League. More surprisingly, that Arsenal side lost in the finals to an impressive, young Partizan side.

Division I - Not much competition and all our losses were 1-0.

Schedule Parts 1 and 2 - Very long unbeaten streak mid-season (it was 30 something in all competitions)

Best 11 - The 4-2-3-1 served us well until the last month or so when we went back to a 4-4-2 and use more of the 4 quality strikers we had.

Champions League - Partick Thistle were actually good

Europa League - Our keeper equaled the record for clean sheets with 11.

Hungarian Cup - Ujpest somehow went and scored 7 on our starting defense and we lost 8-7 on aggregate.

Transfers - Few big money signings, but we had a budget of 9M so we still have lots of money to spend.

Squad - I'll let go of a few of the aging players and the ones who have got pushed out in the last year. I've already spent ~7M on a CAM to replace te 31 year old Mijo Caktas.

Finances - Not as much money without the CL, but still healthy.

Key Player Profiles:

Gabriel Manecan - Probably our best according to the assistant.

Cedric Diallo - I do love raiding ASEC and he's a very good looking striker.

Sheraldo Becker - Not the best attribute wise compared to everyone else, but who can argue with 20 goals and 25 assists.

Malick Samb - A much needed rock in the defense and we weakened Puskas signing him too.

Jimmy Mulenga - He surprised me by having his best season yet and one of only a few players who have survived the rapid overhaul of the squad the last 3 years.

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Hungarian Cup    Europe                Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer             Most Assists                  Highest Avg Rating 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Division II       1st         Quarterfinals    N/A                   Below Average          Poor                 Adequate            Basic               Champions                 Garat (19)             Ploscariu/Cocsis/Tóth (9)     Unterberger (7.44)
2020/21   Division I        1st         Quarterfinals    N/A                   Below Average          Poor                 Good                Fairly Basic        Champions                 Djordjevic (28)        Lafortune (13)                Unterberger (7.33)
2021/22   Division I        1st         Finals           CL Group              Below Average          Poor                 Good                Fairly Basic        Champions, Cup Runner Up  Fabbro (34)            Juricev (15)                  Fabbro (7.66)
2022/23   Division I        1st         Quarterfinals    CL Q2; EL Semifinals  Adequate               Basic                Exce                Average             Champions                 Klyuchyk (27)          Becker (25)                   Klyuchyk (7.58)

Not off to a great start in Brussels as we had trouble finishing chances and gave up too many set piece goals and sank briefly into the relegation places. But I think I've stabilized things, figured out a regular side and a plan going forward. Should be okay if we finish top half, we're just below that halfway through. 

White star bruxelles.png

Royal White Star Bruxelles 2018-2019

End of Season Report

Not a great season for us as we were predicted to finish 4th but ended up 8th. Twice the board threatened by job but I managed to do enough to keep them happy, meeting the league and cup minimum expectations while keeping my wage bill well below budget.

League Table

We brought in a lot of players, mostly on free transfers, to improve our depth and give us a chance to feel out who can be contributors going forward.

Transfers

Squad

One of our free transfers, Lucas Damblon, ended up our leading scorer with 11 goals at striker. We generally went with AML-ST-AMR up front and had a number of contributors up there but no one really stood out, which was reflected by our fairly lackluster offense. But I've signed a couple players at the end who should help going forward.

Belgian Cup

We had a decent run in the Cup, winning our first 3 games with the third win on the road against Oudenaarde, another team in our league. The run ended against Standard Liege but we gave the Pro League A side a decent run, only losing 2-0.

Youth Intake

Got one player I'm excited about out of this, DM Antonin Dupont. I'm planning on playing with 2 defensive midfielders quite a bit and he looks like he could fit into the Segundo Volante role. Dupont will be getting playing time next season.

Finances

Just ugly, currently carrying a -1.2 million balance. Hasn't caused an issue yet though.

Hopefully next season we can reach the promotion playoffs. My two newest signings, midfielder Ismail H'Maidat and defender Jeremy Obin have me excited about our chances.

Been a long long time since I've posted anything on here. Those of you that have been around for a while might remember the persona I've taken over in order to have a craic at Northern Ireland.

DFC_Logo-93x128.jpg

Hugo De Luca - Dollingstown FC - Northern Ireland - Opening Post

Dollingstown is a village of just over 2000 people located roughly 2 miles east of Lurgan. The team are semi-pro and play their home games at the 1000 capacity (150 seated) Planters Park - itself located a couple of miles south of Dollingstown.

In terms of their history, they have recently had their only couple of seasons in the NIFL Premier Intermediate League, but have immediately bounced back after relegation. The club has a pretty empty trophy cabinet, with the only wins being as 4-time champions of the 4th tier.

In terms of expectations, the board are looking for me to fight bravely against relegation. With only one team to go down out of a 12 team league, it sounds like it should be somewhat simple, but everyone knows that is never the truth. Media Predictions put us joint-favourites to go down.

The squad as a whole looks pretty lackluster, with Adam McMinn being the only player rated by my assistant as being good enough to play at this level. Other "standout" players include Nathan McConnell and Neil King . The club is even looking a little barren in terms of youngsters, with Tyler Briers being the main prospect. Suffice to say a proper rebuild job is going to be needed here. Here's a look at the Dynamics , Hierarchy , Social Groups  and Team Report screens, mostly for post-season comparison purposes.

The finances actually aren't as bad as they could be, with just over £30k in the bank, all of the players on non-contract terms and a projected balance of -£46k by the end of the season. Obviously losing money isn't ideal, but if it stays at that sort of rate it'll be a little while before I'm in real trouble. Something to monitor though.

I've inherited a Player/AssMan and a Player/Coach, neither of which look all that good on either coount, but I won't be kicking them out of their positions just yet because they at least know the clubb and it'll take me a while to get settled into things. The club have absolutely no other staff, so immediate ads for a GK coach, HoYD, Chief Scout and Head Physio havev been placed.

(We shall see if I can maintain this level of commitment too posting in the future...)

3 hours ago, Biscotti said:

I think there was a discussion earlier in the thread about why we aren't allowed to load extra leagues, and it seems like you've highlighted it pretty clearly.

My leagues are view only, so its the extra boxes I ticked in the database that make more regens come through from other nations. Either way, if it's against the rules of the challenge, I'll stop posting my seasons.

18 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

My leagues are view only, so its the extra boxes I ticked in the database that make more regens come through from other nations. Either way, if it's against the rules of the challenge, I'll stop posting my seasons.

I don't feel like you should stop posting as it's not entirely clear in the OP if that means loading leagues as view-only or not.

But if you consider the great regens you're finding with them on view only, and assume the view-only aspect isn't affecting that fact,  imagine how many more there'd be with them on full playable

2 hours ago, Biscotti said:
20 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

I don't feel like you should stop posting as it's not entirely clear in the OP if that means loading leagues as view-only or not.

But if you consider the great regens you're finding with them on view only, and assume the view-only aspect isn't affecting that fact,  imagine how many more there'd be with them on full playable

From my point of view i am happy for you @The_Gato_In_Goal to continue in the challenge as you are.  It isn't clear as to whether it is allowed or not so for this year (at least) we will allow it to continue.  If it proves that there is an advantage to it them we can review it for FM19.  Good luck with your save.

Looking at my team, the majority of the players are Eastern European. I'm not sure if the youth intakes from these countries have to do with the leagues loaded or the database where I included "top clubs" from Europe. Last year I used the same club without the larger database and I progressed a bit slower, but the only large differences were that I've gotten a much larger transfer and wage budget this year, which means I can spend 9M on a play in my third season.

Relegated with Lokomotive Leipzig from the 2. Bundesliga and sacked. I guess promotion came a bit to early for us and we couldn't cope with the higher league. Gonna take a break from the challenges section. Good luck to everyone still involved!

24 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Relegated with Lokomotive Leipzig from the 2. Bundesliga and sacked. I guess promotion came a bit to early for us and we couldn't cope with the higher league. Gonna take a break from the challenges section. Good luck to everyone still involved!

Sorry to hear that.  Feel free to try again once your break from the challenges section has finished.

DFC_Logo-93x128.jpg

Hugo De Luca - Dollingstown FC - Northern Ireland - End of Season One (2018//19)

The League

I always seem to make a slow start at these things, and this was no exception. An initially up-and-down start to the season eventually saw us drop off quite severely. If it weren't for an 8-game unbeaten run towards the end off the season (albeit with only one win) I'd have felt a little uncomfortable going into the league split, but as it was I feel like actually we were a little fortunate that Donegal Celtic were so terrible. One positive to take is that we only ended up with a -6 Goal Difference.

Other Competitions

On the whole, I feel we marginally underperformed in the various cups. I'm not too bothered by that though, as really the league was my main concern. 

Table | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

The Squad & Transfers

Honestly, I think the squad I have is a long way from promotion.  We relied very heavily on 3 loanees from Linfield - all having more than 20 starts across all competitions - with Roy Black being our top scorer. I do have one extremely exciting player of my own, though, in the shape of Ireland U19s player Adam Hanley . Seeing as everyone I have is on non-contract terms, I may struggle to keep him around, but if I can build the rest of the squad to his level then perhaps there is a promotion push in us within a couple of seasons. Johnny McClurg signed on for us very late in the season, but he did wonders to help a midfield that I was very much struggling to pick ideal roles for. There were a couple of major players that were released from us during the season as well due to them causing bad dynamics - one advantage off non-contract players!

Squad Overview | Transfers | Club Awards | Best Eleven | Dynamics | Hierarchy  | Social Groups | Team Report

Finances

Based on last season's projections we actually ended up about £30k better off, with only a -£15k balance. I'd like to think that I might be able to keep the club afloat for a couple more seasons at that rate, but it won't be too long at all before either investment or a little cup success will be required. Our projection going forward suggests we'll lose just over £50k next season.

Finances | Projected

Youth

The last thing I want to touch on is youth players. I always loved the old Youth player tracking thread even though it was so poorly participated in, so I'll be tracking the best o my intakes here as well.

Class of 2019

YP1a - Johnny Grant (NIR) - M/AM C - Really like his Flair & Teamwork, shame his physicals are so lacking. If I can improve him physically in the next couple of years he might find himself some first-team action.
YP1b - David Browne  (NIR) - AM L - Fairly quick, but I'm quite concerned about his technical and mental attributes. I have a feeling he'll be no more than a backup at best - especially with Hanley in his position.
YP1c - Chris Stewart (NIR) - GK - Not sure what to think here. Rushing out and Reflexes look fantastic for a sweeper keeper, but he has nothing in First touch, Passing or One-on-Ones. I feel like he's unlikely to trouble the first team, but I hope I'm wrong.

All three got to make their first start in the game against Sport & Leisure once we'd confirmed our safety, but we got thumped 5--0 so it may be a while before I give them another chance xD

Season    League                   Position    FA Cup           Europe                Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer             Most Assists                  Highest Avg Rating        Capacity/Average Attendance
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Premier Inermediate      10th        5th Round        N/A                   Basic                  Basic                Fairly Basic        Basic               Survival                  Black (13)             Falvey (8)                    Hanley (7.07)             1000 (108)

Targets for next season

Have a player with 15+ goals in all competitions
League Goal Difference of 0 or better
Better than -£45k bank balance

Edit - Got myself a good Brexit , at least

2 hours ago, Watson156 said:

Just having a think about doing this challenge, but was wandering does anybody have the league reset date for Russia and Netherlands?

I'm afraid I don't have the reset dates for those for you, but it should be noted that for The Netherlands you will have to holiday for 22 seasons rather than one, due to a change in league structure

15 hours ago, Biscotti said:

I'm afraid I don't have the reset dates for those for you, but it should be noted that for The Netherlands you will have to holiday for 22 seasons rather than one, due to a change in league structure

That'll be 2 rather than 22....  :D

DFC_Logo-93x128.jpg
Hugo De Luca - Dollingstown FC - Northern Ireland - End of Season Two (2019/20)

The League

This season was a stark reminder to me how cruel a mistress Football Manager can be. A slightly blotchy run up until matchday 7 saw us then go on and only lose 1 game for the remainder of the regular season and go into the league split on top of the table, albeit only by a small margin over equally flying Portstewart. Then the bottle job began. Not a single win in the remaining games meant that despite Portstewart's best efforts to also throw it away we slipped to second and the promotion playoff. A narrow 2-3 loss in the home leg of the playoff meant we had a tough job ahead for the return, but despite our best efforts, we slipped to a 2-1 defeat and a 5-3 loss on aggregate.

League Table | League Fixtures | Past Positions

Other Competitions

Solid performance all around, here, with board expectations matched on all fronts. A particular highlight was the run in the Intermediate Cup, which saw us as losing finalists and netted us a cool £11k, going a long way to helping meet my bank balance target. Also of great note, my U18s won the league comfortably, ultimately finishing 7 points clear with a +23 goal difference.

Competitions Overview

Key Players

Tommy Dunlop - On loan to us from Institute the young striker played first choice for us most of the season. Despite not necessarily having the attributes currently to be a star at this level, he performed superbly and finished with a haul of 26 from 38

Johnny McClurg - Not the most gifted player on the park at any time, but so versatile that he found himself playing in centre-mid one week, out wide on the right the next and then just in behind the striker the week after that. Voted Fans Player of the Season

Ryan Nimick - Competition for his place meant he didn't play as many minutes as he might have liked, but in the more defensive-minded central midfield position I couldn't have asked for much better

The Squad

For the time being it seems rather pointless to talk about transfers. I shall be neither making money nor spending money until the club are able to offer actual contracts and thus I feel like every player should be assumed to be temporary for now. I always prefer a possession-based style of play, even at lower levels, so it was very pleasing to see us come out top on both possession and on passes completed. I'm quite happy with our options in Midfield and Attack, although it'd be nice to get a striker of our own rather than relying on loanees. If I can keep hold of those players I feel very confident in our ability to find the back of the net next season. Unfortunately I don't think there's a defensive position that I don't feel like I could do with an upgrade. What I have is perfectly reasonable enough for this division, but I'd very much like to have players in place already for when (not if) we get promoted.

Squad Overview | Club Awards | Best Eleven ( All Time) | Dynamics | Hierarchy | Social Groups | Team Report | Records

Finances

Much like last season, they were predicted to go pretty badly, but again we did well to keep the losses to a minimum. Despite my spending my entire scouting budget before November came around, I feel very happy with how well things went with my money. Next season the projections look just as bad as they have the last couple of years but seeing as I feel we should be pushing for promotion I'm relatively unconcerned about it.

Finances | Projected

Youth

Class of 2019

YP1a - Johnny Grant (NIR) - M/AM C - Seems to have made a few minor improvements, but at a club like ours with such limited training capabilities it's always going to be slow going. He has a short-term plan of wanting more first-team opportunities, so I'm thinking I might move him to the ffirst team to play a back-up role and see how it goes.
YP1b - David Browne (NIR) - AM L - Actually performed backup duties for Hanley this season, getting a few games under his belt and not performing all that badly. Unfortunately, that's where his Dollingstown career ends, as he's opted to move to Bangor for next season.
YP1c - Chris Stewart (NIR) - GK - Similar problems in development to Grant, although perhaps his attributes have grown a little further. Much like Grant, I'm tempted to bring him into the first team to act as back-up for next year.

Class of 2020

YP2 - Luke Noble (NIR) - AM R - Another winger, but this time lacking a single technical attribute above a 4. Unambitious personality as well means I'm not too optimistic about this guy. Still, I'll see how it goes.

Season    League                   Position    FA Cup           Europe                Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer             Most Assists                  Highest Avg Rating        Capacity/Average Attendance
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Premier Inermediate      10th        5th Round        N/A                   Basic                  Basic                Fairly Basic        Basic               Survival                  Black (13)             Falvey (8)                    Hanley (7.07)             1000 (108)
2019/20   Premier Inermediate      2nd         6th Round        N/A                   Basic                  Basic                Fairly Basic        Basic               Playoff losers            Dunlop (26)            Walsh (9)                     McClurg (7.20)            1000 (134)

Goals

This Season

Have a player with 15+ goals in all competitions (Dunlop - 26)
League Goal Difference of 0 or better (+14)
Better than -£45k bank balance (-£32k)

Next Season

Finish at or above the playoff place
Concede ≤ 30 goals
Better than 55% possession in the league

Archived