[FM17] Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again...

Bedese

Because I have a mental issue, I just can't give up with this stupid San Giovanni thing, so we're trying it again. There's two main changes from the last one:

1: We can sign other Sammarinese U21 players. On the last save the other teams were actually producing some decent potential players, but they'd never develop. This should help out the NT. 

2, and the main one: We're using the ingame editor to sort out Youth Recruitment. It's starting at the default value, but once we dominate domestically we'll keep manually upgrading it to stay in line as the joint best in the country.

This is probably going to be a shorter save than the other one(s). I want to actually make progress now we have those two rules in to help us out. We need to win. No excuses.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you are back on this again as I did enjoy you sammarinese save. I am glad about using point 1 as I did wander if not signing players might have had an impact on the lack of progress with the youth recruitment.

6 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Interested in how this one goes. I like the second rule very much.

1 hour ago, deez0r said:

Glad to see this back! Following :)

1 hour ago, Bood said:

good luck matey!

Thanks guys :D 

Season Review!

League

Coming second last with 24 points is a bit unlucky.

Cup

Knocked out on GD.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Tre Penne beat Santa Coloma from Andorra 4-2 in the 1st CL Qualifying Round before losing 3-0 to FH from Iceland. La Florita lost 5-0 to Videoton from Hungary and Folgore lost 6-0 to Differdange from Luxembourg in the EL.

Next year: Probably about the same.

There's definitely something wrong with you starting all this again! I really enjoyed following the first thread, can't believe how long you stuck with it, I was getting depressed with you on your behalf!! Good luck man!! 

6 minutes ago, granarian said:

There's definitely something wrong with you starting all this again! I really enjoyed following the first thread, can't believe how long you stuck with it, I was getting depressed with you on your behalf!! Good luck man!! 

Thank you! :D 

I'm glad to see this back and am interested to see how the changes affect the game.

I don't blame you for editing youth recruitment as it's clearly broken for the human player, and you're just changing the situation to what it should be, rather than seeking to gain an advantage over the AI.

35 minutes ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Good to see it back. The addition of the new rules should help a lot.

24 minutes ago, Sir_Liam said:

I'm glad to see this back and am interested to see how the changes affect the game.

I don't blame you for editing youth recruitment as it's clearly broken for the human player, and you're just changing the situation to what it should be, rather than seeking to gain an advantage over the AI.

Cheers guys :D 

We'll still possibly be at a small disadvantage because the level will only match the best in the country, not exceed it (even when we're dominant and the other AI teams are losing to teams from Gibraltar), but it should be a lot more balanced than last time, and it gives us some extra motivation to see the other Sammarinese teams do well. I'm excited :D 

25 minutes ago, Bood said:

Axel Sale... SMR ARG... where did he come from lol! Funny name too, reminds me of Alexei Sayle :D

We always get a few SMR/ARG players in, not sure what the connection is there though...

Season Review!

League

One less point, but one place higher.

Cup

We did well to get out the group.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Libertas lost 3-1 to TNS in the First Round of the CL, Folgore lost 6-0 to Fola Esch from Luxembourg and Pennarossa lost 5-0 to Inter Zapresic from Croatia in the EL.

Next year: We might be able to push for a place in the league playoffs.

39 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Youth Intake Day!

a01a92143ec006e11b58c62e209e15f0.png

7ea7e1a792a7c672ab9c9a35c387a52f.png

He looks okay.

Looks like a reasonable fullback already. I assume his acceleration and stamina would improve. He should be San Marino's own Marcelo

Season Review!

League

We were awful.

Cup

Also awful.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Libertas beat Rhyl from Wales 2-1 before losing to Kobenhavn 6-0 in the CL Second Qualifier. Tre Penne lost 3-0 to Split from Croatia and Juvenes Dogana lost 6-0 to CSKA Sofia from Bulgaria in the EL.

Next year: We need to do less badly.

Season Review!

League

Better, but still no playoffs.

Cup

Semi Finalists.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Folgore lost 3-1 to Lincoln from Gibraltar in the CL, Cailungo lost 6-0 to Inter Zaprecic from Croatia and Juvenes Dogana lost 6-0 to HB from the Faroe Islands in the EL.

Next year: I want next year to be our first European birth.

Archived