FM17 Audio Commentary Patch

The Audio Commentary Patch returns for FM17. This is an updated version of the FM16 patch with some new sounds.

Audio Commentary Patch for FM17

INSTALLATION

1- Quit FM

2- Back up your current sounds and events folders. These are located at c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\

4- Download and open the compacted file:

a) Extract the Sounds folder to c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\

b) There are two events folders: one named events and other with a bigger name (sorry, its in portuguese). If you want the sounds and audio commentary extract the events folder to c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ . If you want only the sound atmosphere without the audio commentary, extract the two files inside the folder with the bigger name to c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ events\

4- Copy / Paste the match_sounds.cfg file to all these locations:

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1700\events\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1701\events\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1710\events\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1711\events\

5- Run FM

all credits goes to Tommy Hughes from sortitoutsi

p.s. - apologies to the mods if I missed something

p.s. Since some people don't understand the meaning of an update, I'll just be as clear as I can. This is an update based on the FM16 Audio Commentary Patch - which was an update of other versions, I guess. The credits posted here are exclusively related to the new sounds added and definitely not for the original work or any other updates made until this date.

Update with two new sounds: seven nation army and the Iceland chant from euro2016

Audio Commentary Update

extract the two sound files to:

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\sounds\

and match_sounds.cfg file to:

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ events\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1700\events\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1701\events\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1710\events\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1711\events\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1712\events\

all credits goes to Tommy Hughes from sortitoutsi

P.S. - p.s. Since some people don't understand the meaning of an update, I'll just be as clear as I can. This is an update based on the FM16 Audio Commentary Patch - which was an update of other versions, I guess. The credits posted here are exclusively related to the new sounds added and definitely not for the original work or any other updates made until this date.

No, the "events"-folder has two: the XML- and the CFG-file and the "events sem commentarios audio"-folder has just the CFG-file. And you wrote "If you want only the sound atmosphere without the audio commentary, extract the two files inside the folder with the bigger name to...". 

46 minutes ago, 53bast1an said:

No, the "events"-folder has two: the XML- and the CFG-file and the "events sem commentarios audio"-folder has just the CFG-file. And you wrote "If you want only the sound atmosphere without the audio commentary, extract the two files inside the folder with the bigger name to...". 

Oh, okay got it now :) thanks

The xml file is untouched, so it goes both versions. No problem there.

Are you using any of this ?

13 hours ago, pedrosantos said:

I didn't understand what you're trying to say. Can you elaborate ?

There are two kinds of sound files: some which are written in small letters (e.g. "FM_chant3") and some which are written in tall letters (e.g."FM_BAD_DECISION2"). Files which are written in tall letters are commentaries and the smaller ones are chants.

6 hours ago, 53bast1an said:

There are two kinds of sound files: some which are written in small letters (e.g. "FM_chant3") and some which are written in tall letters (e.g."FM_BAD_DECISION2"). Files which are written in tall letters are commentaries and the smaller ones are chants.

Yes, exactly that

On 14/11/2016 at 14:47, pedrosantos said:

The Audio Commentary Patch returns for FM17. This is an updated version of the FM16 patch with some new sounds.

INSTALLATION

1- Quit FM

2- Back up your current sounds and events folders. These are located at c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\

a) Extract the Sounds folder to c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\

b) There are two events folders: one named events and other with a bigger name (sorry, its in portuguese). If you want the sounds and audio commentary extract the events folder to c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ . If you want only the sound atmosphere without the audio commentary, extract the two files inside the folder with the bigger name to c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ events\

5- Run FM

ive messed this up and lost the sounds i followed your steps but clearly i did something wrong, can you please help?

1 hour ago, pedrosantos said:

You didn't backup your files ????

boy do i feel stupid. Tried adding it in again and then realised that the sound on my pc was turned off as i muted it earlier lol. what a plonker!! just tested sounds great, thanks bud.

Full update to the first post

Download Sounds (please ignore the updates folder in this pack)

Download Events

INSTALLATION

1- Quit FM

3- Extract the Sounds folder to c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\

4- Extract the Events folder to c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\

5- Extract again the Events folder to all these locations:

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1700\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1701\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1710\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1711\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1712\

5- Run FM

P.S. p.s. Since some people don't understand the meaning of an update, I'll just be as clear as I can. This is an update based on the FM16 Audio Commentary Patch - which was an update of other versions, I guess. The credits posted here are exclusively related to the new sounds added and definitely not for the original work or any other updates made until this date.

@pedrosantos

This soundpactch has been added to, its not yours or Tommy Hughes (no idea who this is) original work.
The patch has been around for years and was added to by a few of us yet we have no mention of contributing to the patch at all

Thanks list

MBrarbaric, zzpiggy, Bart and DAZS8

It has in fact been taken from here..
http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm16-audio-commentary-and-more-realistic-sounds.html

The additions to the patch are great but taking credit for other peoples work is not on.

19 minutes ago, Hulk8 said:

@pedrosantos

This soundpactch has been added to, its not yours or Tommy Hughes (no idea who this is) original work.
The patch has been around for years and was added to by a few of us yet we have no mention of contributing to the patch at all

Thanks list

The additions to the patch are great but taking credit for other peoples work is not on.

A sign of less respect, if the original makers aren't mentioned ;)

35 minutes ago, Hulk8 said:

@pedrosantos

Thanks list

Everyone knows MBarbaric was responsible to the audio patch (or at least was deeply involved in it), fortunately to Football Manager he had the will and skills to build and share his awesome work. With this said, its common sense (at least for me) that when it comes to sharing any audio commentary based on what existed (as stated in first post), the credits for the original work are implicit, as it is obvious that the credits posted in the OP are exclusively to the update made for FM17.

Really sorry, but its a very short sighted view to consider the OP has an attempt to steal any credit.

19 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Everyone knows MBarbaric was responsible to the audio patch (or at least was deeply involved in it), fortunately to Football Manager he had the will and skills to build and share his awesome work. With this said, its common sense (at least for me) that when it comes to sharing any audio commentary based on what existed (as stated in first post), the credits for the original work are implicit, as it is obvious that the credits posted in the OP are exclusively to the update made for FM17.

Really sorry, but its a very short sighted view to consider the OP has an attempt to steal any credit.

You state all credit goes to Tommy Hughes, who?
Also it may be obvious to you and me who originally started the project but not to others
All I ask is for full credits to be associated with the post, at no point did I imply stealing of credits.

11 hours ago, Hulk8 said:

You state all credit goes to Tommy Hughes, who?
Also it may be obvious to you and me who originally started the project but not to others
All I ask is for full credits to be associated with the post, at no point did I imply stealing of credits.

What part of this sentence in the OP did you missed ? This is an updated version of the FM16 patch with some new sounds.

Because since you felt the need of stating "It has in fact been taken from here.. http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm16-audio-commentary-and-more-realistic-sounds.html  " when I wrote its an update of the FM16patch, it seems its was not understandable.

You seem to keep dodging the question of who is Tommy Hughes

If in fact you read my original comment you will see I commend you on the additions you made to the pack.
So again I have to ask the same thing, I/we would just like you to associate the credits to the pack in full please.

Yes I know you are bringing to our attention the updated part of the patch and again I thank and commend you for the additions made.

p.p

Just notice your p.s, thanks for that.

Also, I'm not dodging ! Its not for me to say who Tommy Hughes is, if he wants to say who he is he would register here. You guys seem to have a curious need of picking with anything, starting with pointing that the neither me or the guy that introduce the new sounds were not the authors of the audio patch when it was clearly mentioned that it was just an update from the fm16 patch, and now you want to pick with the identity of the author of the new sounds. Starting to understand why some people works to improve the game for themselves, mostly when nonsense comments mentioning plagiarizing. I'm done here.

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, tontotonto123 said:

Anyone know of an update for this? Just started a new game with the latest update and the sounds no longer play. Thanks in advance.

It's because when Steam updates the game they put some of the original files back. Retrace the steps you took to install the mod in the first place. The sound files will still be there and unaffected.

Had to delete the Vuvuzela's and "Forever blowing bubbles"  Because they didn't sound right in League 1 lol! Works great though, Also took out the commentary files..Great little addition to the game!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/21/2016 at 04:27, pedrosantos said:

Full update to the first post

Download Sounds (please ignore the updates folder in this pack)

Download Events

INSTALLATION

1- Quit FM

3- Extract the Sounds folder to c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\

4- Extract the Events folder to c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\

5- Extract again the Events folder to all these locations:

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1700\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1701\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1710\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1711\

c:\programsx86\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\ updates\1712\

5- Run FM

P.S. p.s. Since some people don't understand the meaning of an update, I'll just be as clear as I can. This is an update based on the FM16 Audio Commentary Patch - which was an update of other versions, I guess. The credits posted here are exclusively related to the new sounds added and definitely not for the original work or any other updates made until this date.

Could you please update the download link to the "sounds" in Mediafire? It no longer works only the "events" download link works.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/14/2016 at 09:47, pedrosantos said:

INSTALLATION

1- Quit FM

5- Run FM

p.s. Since some people don't understand the meaning of an update, I'll just be as clear as I can. This is an update based on the FM16 Audio Commentary Patch - which was an update of other versions, I guess. The credits posted here are exclusively related to the new sounds added and definitely not for the original work or any other updates made until this date.

Can you re-upload this file? Links dead brother.

• 3 weeks later...

Or even, does anyone still have these files for FM17?  All the links are broken, and I am still on FM17 and love this mod. :(

(EDIT: Never mind, I read on Scout that the FM16 version will work, and that download link still works.  I always delete out many of the commentaries, so need to be able to work with the files.  Thanks anyways!)

Archived