FM17 Conference National/North/South General Thread

trevjim

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely second Harley Black - 18 yr CM - Free

killing it in league 2, 5* potential. 15 games, 7 goals, 5 assist. 4 goals from freekicks!

Lucas Simonsen - 19 yr RM - Free

Average 7.6 in league 2. 5* potential 

Gifroni - 23 yr - LM - Free

Mcloughlin - GK - Free 

Lots of good value young Italians with potential 

Stand out performers for my title winning whitehawk side were

danny mills(already at the club) 25 goals

michael west (already at the club) 12 goals 22 assists 

corby moore - Mr reliable

jordan palmer-samuals - very fast and decent finishing CAN NOT  jump though!  36 goals

nana owusu - player and signing of the season, lovely freebie 

lionel stone- rock solid (sorry)

hogan ephraim - top class at this level 10 goals 18 assists

After being given a heads up by @tomthered, I've started as Wrexham... they are basically the richest club around in LLM if you consider that you can sell Neil Taylors buyout clause for £840k  .. meaning if you ask the board to increase the transfer percentage received, you can get a first window budget of pretty much 500k .. ridiculous money in the conference.

Have just reached the playoff final in the first season with Hungerford town - given they start as one of the lowest rep teams at that level, thought I would outline all my top performers and signings as a means of giving others player ideas.

Already at club:

Nicky Shorey - the former England right back has declining physicals as you'd expect, but excellent technically and mentally. Makes a great tutor with his professional personality.

James Harper - the other former Reading stalwart. At his age he won't be able to take on any dynamic midfield roles but as a holding player he is very good.

Nat Jarvis - not outstanding, but a well-rounded striker who is happy to play as a back up. Scored 15 goals as a target man.

Mike Jones - a very reliable centre half. I made him captain after Matt Day left on a free, and he has gone from strength to strength as part of a back three.

Signed on frees:

Corby Moore (£550 pw) - brilliant as an attacking central midfielder, with 15 goals and six assists. My coaches say he could be a leading Conference player and it is understandable he won't re-sign.

Fahad Rwakarambwe (£375 pw) - I play him as a shadow striker but I expect he'd be better in a CM role. Six goals and 11 assists, re-signing will likely depend on getting promoted as wants too much.

Andy Brown (£300 pw) - signed from Nuneaton late on, has scored seven in six starts as a target man. A veteran goal-scorer at this level.

Osei Sankofa (non-contract) - a versatile defender, can play centrally or down the right.

Connor McLaren (non-contract) - a great signing if you use wing backs, as he can play either side.

Signed on loan:

Fabio Saraiva (£90 pw contribution from Wking) - signed in October until the end of the season. Five goals and four assists, including a couple of belting free kicks.

Jamey Osbourne (£70 pw contribution from Solihull) - signed at the end of January, a great little midfielder who can play a few different CM roles. Unlikely to be available early on.

Dan Spence (£60 pw contribution from Sutton) - signed at the end of November, a right-sided defender who is very fit. Solid rather than spectacular.

On 11/13/2016 at 06:01, CityAndColour said:

rby Moore (£550 pw) - brilliant as an attacking central midfielder, with 15 goals and six assists. My coaches say he could be a leading Conference player and it is understandable he won't re-sign.

This guy really enjoys the two feet to the legs take down from behind. Not sure if he's trying to get some more bench rest. I may get to hold onto him if he ever gets off his second suspension from a red. With his yellow card suspension, he'll have missed 9 games games :0)

5 hours ago, wallshot said:

This guy really enjoys the two feet to the legs take down from behind. Not sure if he's trying to get some more bench rest. I may get to hold onto him if he ever gets off his second suspension from a red. With his yellow card suspension, he'll have missed 9 games games :0)

Haha - I had no issues with his discipline, but his form tapered off in the last couple of months of the season as he got stroppy about me not strengthening the squad enough, despite winning promotion. He has since gotten over that but still won't re-sign due to wanting to play at a higher level.

An excellent central defender in the lower leagues is Jean-Yves Koué . Starts at Solihull Moors and has some great attributes for a lower league defender:

Heading 11

Marking 10

Technique 10

Bravery 13

Balance 16

Jumping reach 14

Natural fitness 15

Strength 14

23 years old, 191 cm and 83 kg.

Just won the league with my Truro team, expected to come 18th so had to make lots of signings to achieve this. Most of them will join any North/South club.

GK- Arie Ammann- Son of former Watford keeper Mike, this young stopper starts of as a good backup for most sides but with game time becomes a good player for North/South sides, then improves to conference level. 21 apps, 27 conceded, 6 clean sheets, 6.90 avg rating.

LB- Cai Owens- Welsh left back, Well-suited player for North/South with great potential. Good pace and tackling, with a strange knack of popping up with crucial goals. 38 apps, 3 goals, 2 assists, 6.98 avg rating.

CM- River Allen- Although worth quite a price for this league, good at this level and with great potential. Only problem is discipline. Starts at Truro. 25 apps, 3 goals, 3 assists, 7.02 avg rating.

RW- Abdi Noor- Former Cardiff player who reached TV when on the 'showboat' section of Soccer AM 5 years ago. Great dribbling, flair and technical with decent crossing. Late signing in my game but quality for the rest of season. 22 apps, 3 goals, 12 assists, 7.09 avg rating.

LW- Callum Hall- Young winger who finds the bench at most North/South clubs but has god fitness, flair and work rate. Good potential. 30 apps, 5 goals, 10 assists.

ST- Ellis Bellamy- Absoloutely shocked to see that this guy isn't on the list. Son of Craig, a target man for North/ South clubs with potential for Leading Conference/ Decent League 2. Scored an incredible 39 goals in 42 games this season. Free with finishing, pace, dribbling and decent heading. 7.46 avg rating.

Would add other players such as Cody Cooke and Aaron Bentley, but they are very pricey.

5 hours ago, Milky said:

Also has 13 finishing and ok determination on my save

20161121071629_1.jpg

Yeah those are the stats he started with on mine but, over a season of clinical goalscoring, lots of stats have improved.

e.g. Strength now 11, determination 9, heading 10, passing 5, dribbling 11, first touch 9, balance 7.

Here's a few screens of my best signings so far in Vanarama South, i never spend any transfer fees when playing as a lower league team (at least in the first few seasons) and i don't sign players over the age of 28 (except if they are exceptional for the level i am playing at or would be decent mentors)

Some other worthwhile names (some of which have already been mentioned by others, thanks by the way :) nice finds guys)

• Valentin Gjokaj, 22, CB/DCM
  • Ian Mcloughlin, 25, GK (Could easily be number 1 for a league 1 or 2 side)
  • Liam Coogans, 19, ST
  • Taylor McKenzie, 22, DC
  • Taylor Tombides, 20, MCR
  • Montell Moore, 20, ST
  • Jordan Murphy, 20, ST
  • Fraser Shaw, 21, WBL

If your working on a small budget, consider some of these young talents that you should be able to sign as Hot Prospects full time on £160 a week contracts (i recommend sticking in the 2 year club extension clause on their contracts so you can develop them and they wont just be able to leave or get signed by other clubs without you getting some money :D

• George Willis, 21, GK (starts the game at Gainsborough but you can approach to sign on a free
  • Anes Omerovic, 18, BWM
  • James Graham, 19, DC
  • Lionel Stone, 20, DC
  • Peter Skapetis, 20, ST
  • Channing Campbell-Young, 19, DC/DCR
  • Levi Rowley, 18, AMC/Shadow Striker
  • Tom Gamblen, 18, MC
  • Kisimba Kisimba, 18, BWM
  • James Wolfenden, 18, DRL
  • Robbie McDaid, 19, ST
  • Michael Kelly, 18, WBL
  • Aaron Greene, 21, DL/ML (Starts the game at Dulwich Hamlet, approachable on a free)
  • Billy Simpson, 19, DC/DCR
  • Will Summerfield, 20, AMC
  • Kevin Owusu, 18, AMRL

Aquino.png

Lelan.png

Manga.png

Sabkov.png

Penchev.png

Currently managing Woking in my second season. Lost play offs semi finals 1st season. Currently 3rd in second season in January now. A few players who I'd highly recommend are:

Gozo Ugwu - goal machine. 

Chike Kandi - another one who knows where the net is. 

Max Kretzschmar is bossing my midfield. Hardly misses a game. 

Cameron Norman - on loan from Forest Green. Plays Right Back. 

Cameron James - on loan from Colchester. Plays Centre back. 

Ben Wyatt - another loan player. Left Back. 

Ben Southwell - Striker, on loan from Wycombe. Misses a few one on ones, but another who knows where the goal is. 

Ian McCloughlin - been mentioned on here before. But quality keeper. 

Cant remember rest. Will update this evening! 

For those looking for a striker or attacking midfielder first season, free agent Rees Wedderburn is excellent. A former West Brom youth player, he can basically play all striker roles effectively due to his physicals. He can also dribble and has a good decisions attribute, meaning he can also play CM or AMC.

On 28/11/2016 at 15:20, bucket said:

Currently managing Woking in my second season. Lost play offs semi finals 1st season. Currently 3rd in second season in January now. A few players who I'd highly recommend are:

Gozo Ugwu - goal machine. 

Chike Kandi - another one who knows where the net is. 

Max Kretzschmar is bossing my midfield. Hardly misses a game. 

Cameron Norman - on loan from Forest Green. Plays Right Back. 

Cameron James - on loan from Colchester. Plays Centre back. 

Ben Wyatt - another loan player. Left Back. 

Ben Southwell - Striker, on loan from Wycombe. Misses a few one on ones, but another who knows where the goal is. 

Ian McCloughlin - been mentioned on here before. But quality keeper. 

Cant remember rest. Will update this evening! 

Yes, Woking has been a thorn in my side (Boreham Wood). I can testify for Ugwu and Kretzschmar. Southwell is a good sub too. As James Wolfenden is in my team, I can say for sure he is a very good player. At least league 2 or league 1 standard.

I cannot seem to find many of the players listed (like Ian McCloughlin, Lionel Stone). I also took over a sacked manager in October 2016, so I missed out on the few players.

I signed:

Pit Simon (CB, 18 yrs old, free transfer, Luxembourger)

Kevin Owusu (Winger/Inside forward, 17, free, English, French, Nigerian)

Offrande Zanzala (Advanced Striker, 18, loan from Derby) - quite a good goal scorer

Ben Hedley (CM, 18, loan from Morecambe) - good physical stats, bosses midfield once he settles in

Luke Maxwell (DM/CM, 18, loan from Birmingham) - see above. Better player than Hedley

Conor Furlong (AM/Winger, 18, loan from MK Dons) - very good playmaker cum winger

On 11/11/2016 at 17:47, Welshace said:

After being given a heads up by @tomthered, I've started as Wrexham... they are basically the richest club around in LLM if you consider that you can sell Neil Taylors buyout clause for £840k  .. meaning if you ask the board to increase the transfer percentage received, you can get a first window budget of pretty much 500k .. ridiculous money in the conference.

Welshace - what do you mean in regards to Neil Taylor and selling his buyout clause? I cant see anything to do with that in game?

46 minutes ago, flogside said:

Welshace - what do you mean in regards to Neil Taylor and selling his buyout clause? I cant see anything to do with that in game?

If you go to the Transfers tab ingame where you can see ins and outs, there is a tab along the top that says clauses, go there and it should list all clauses that are on going for players bought and sold by the club under the previous management and your current management, best to go to the board and choose the option that asks them to increase transfer percentage before you do anything with clauses as Welshace suggested. This way if you sell the clause you will get more money to spend.

1 hour ago, SteveUK said:

If you go to the Transfers tab ingame where you can see ins and outs, there is a tab along the top that says clauses, go there and it should list all clauses that are on going for players bought and sold by the club under the previous management and your current management, best to go to the board and choose the option that asks them to increase transfer percentage before you do anything with clauses as Welshace suggested. This way if you sell the clause you will get more money to spend.

Excellent, thanks SteveUK  i didnt realise they had those options!!

I recomend Chris Dawson and Craig Tanner who were really good for my Poole Town all the way from Vanorama South and up to League 2, and Craig Tanner is still good in League 1. Also Bell Baggie is a good player in the Vanorama leagues. When promoted to the National it will be possible to sign Alex Samuel from Swansea who is a really good goalscorer.

On 08/11/2016 at 20:28, Firehouse said:

Mateusz Halambiec looks like a rock.

I can't recommend this man enough! Got him for my Blyth squad and he is a boss in the middle as a BWM. Will do a job anywhere from National N/S up to L1 id say if you get there before he starts to decline

As York City in the Conference I picked up Aidan Connolly (ML/R, AML/C/R) from Raith for free. 

Second season, now top of League 1 he's still my star player on the left wing of  4-1-2-3DM formation. 

His playing record speaks for itself:

APPS        GLS       ASTS       POM       AV R

2018/19                 26              9             9            5           7.34

2017/18                 42            11          19            6            7.26

2016/17                 43            14          20            6            7.33

@AliAD If your in League 1 in 2nd season you must be on FM16? As Aiden Connelly is at York from the start on FM17. If you are on 16 I would also suggest James Craigen from Raith, Will Vaulks from Falkirk and Ryan Hardie from Rangers oh and also Zeli Ismael of Wolves, all were instrumental in my march to the Promotion play off final with Raith in FM16

@beechy85 I'm on FM17. I forgot I signed him in 16, and assumed I'd signed him again since he was on the team. It's March of my third season not second, still topping League 1 but hit some patchy form. I just scraped a win over Rotherham with Connolly scoring an 84th minute free kick and moral has bounced. That and I've off-loaded a player who (ironically) had abysmal morale due to my allegedly not strengthening the squad (even after I got Nishan Burkat on loan who has a superb rating for the squad). Anyways he's gone and I've got a clear shot at the title so long as Connolly keeps playing! 14 goals and 15 assists so far    

Doing well there then @AliAD I am currently York City too Feb of season 1, took over in December and haven't lost in 11 or 12 and through to the FA Trophy last 8 with a 4-6 away victory at Bromley. Doubt play offs are achievable this season though as I'm 13th, 13 points off 5th with 14 games to go so would need a miracle! Connolly is quality on the left sets up so many goals for me too, I am currently scouting loads of players for next season got down from £4K p/w over wage budget to about £2k over and have about another £4K sat in reserves who nobody wants ? Will be big changes at the end of the season to hopefully next year take a shot at the title ✌?️

Andrei Pavel - plays for FC Romania in England?!

Picked up for a few thousand for Whitehawk in January first season. on a years part time contract worth £200 a week. 22 games 35 goals. Play as an advanced forward and the goals rain in.

Into my second season in the vanarama national and he's still killing it. 16 games and 22 goals worth over 250k now so hoping no bids come in!

Andrei Pavel - plays for FC Romania in England?!

Picked up for a few thousand for Whitehawk in January first season. on a years part time contract worth £200 a week. 22 games 35 goals. Play as an advanced forward and the goals rain in.

Into my second season in the vanarama national and he's still killing it. 16 games and 22 goals worth over 250k now so hoping no bids come in!

Guest El Payaso

Daniel Pappoe was a really decent centre back for me with Ebbsfleet. Zac Fagan is another one although his potential isn't as high.

22 hours ago, paddypower said:

I couldn't get one with Ebbsfleet either. I moved to Carlisle and struggled there initially as well but eventually got Man City, 

Ah okay, good to know as i said i was starting to worry it was a bug, but you've put my mind at ease, cheers :)

Dale Jennings, the former Tranmere, Bayern and Barnsley left winger is available on a free at the start of the game. Unfortunately he was only 'somewhat' interested in joining my AFC Fylde team, coupled with his high wage demands (up to £3.2k p/w) I decided not to try and sign him. My scouts did report that I should 'sign him whatever the price' though. He's still only 23 too so plenty of development to be had under the right manager. Just checked and he's signed for Sutton United (National League), earning £1.2k a week but hasn't started well with an average rating of 6.43.

Harry Andrews is a young goalkeeper I signed on a free. Previously at Notts County, he has the potential to develop into a 'key player for the first team'. He starts out capable of playing at Vanarama North/South level and is currently deputising for my first choice keeper who broke his wrist. Tom Molyneux was another freebie I signed. Previously at Premier League Everton, he also has the potential to develop into a 'key player for the first team'. I use him as a defensive midfielder however he can also play further forward in central midfielder. He's fit and brave, ideal for protecting the back four. Shane Guthrie was also signed on a free as he was on an amateur contract for a lower league Irish team. He's older than my other signings (31) but I only had two centre backs prior to this. He's strong in the air with good jumping stats which makes him a threat at both ends of the pitch. The only other signing I've made is 22 year old Sean Russell although he doesn't join until 01.01.2017 when his contract ends with Irish First Division side U.C.D. Russell is a left winger who is good for the Vanarama North to begin with but potential to develop further. He's determined but also a decent set piece taker (when compared with my current bunch). 

AFC Fylde have a really decent squad but lack depth, hence why my signings have been made to 'pad' out the team more than come in and demand starting spots.

Archived