Advanced rules FM 2016 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

You could change the dates for the other cup so it doesn't clash, rather than deleting it. Checking for clashes wouldn't help because it wouldn't check for clashes with Norwegian competitions.

I moved the cup one month back, it now looks like this and no problem with the matches any more (started many new games and simulated trough both group stages). Also i have got the teams i want for the cup. To choose Australian youth team, it is registered as u21 team in the editor. To get different teams to join the cup, i chose "get best teams from divisions" you got a box there you can check that say "randomize teams slightly". The nations where i dont know the names of their youth divisions, i did choose "get best reserve teams (use reserve leauge) and those nations change team/teams when i start a new game :) Now i had to make a new editor save, as i was not sure if i could change advanced rules for copa libertadores on the same editor file i had made my cup on. When merging files, should i then merge the file that has the least changes with the one with the most? or does this not matter, maybe i shouldnt merge them at all?

Under 20 Copa Libertadores_ Matches Schedule.png

Norway Cup U19_ Matches Schedule-2.png

need some help if possible "adding" 15/16's fixtures to an Advanced Rules England, I've spent HOURS setting up all the fixtures & results yet whenever I start a new game they don't take effect... I've set them up through fixtures for year in the Prem rules but nothing I seem to do seem's to Force the game to see the fixtures..  the original fixture file is basic rules so it cant be merged either..

I have edited the English League Structure into a North/South divide for the Championship and below, however I want to split the Premier League into North and South too, but then have the a second stage where they are merged together with points carrying over from the First Stage, so the second stage determines the Champions and Relegated Teams. The idea is:

First Stage - North/South League: 16 teams play each other once

Second Stage - North/South teams combined, 32 teams play each other once - top team Champions and bottom four relegated to Championship North/South

Is this possible?

Hi again, I'm having a very frustrating issue right now relating to continental qualification. I am trying to qualify the winner of my top division for the Caribbean Football Union Club Championship, using Claasen's editor file for that competition merged with my own personal file. The only thing I am trying to change is inserting my league into the blank "team slot" within the first stage of the competition, which was formerly occupied by the league I replaced with mine. That league was the Turks and Caicos Premier League, and I have removed that competition and overwritten the country with my own. When I go to test the CFU Championship, I always get an error message that says, "wrong number of teams found for stage 0 of CFU Championship", even though this is clearly not the case as I did not add a new team slot and only replaced one league with another. Claasen's file test out fine when I open it without my editor file, so what is the problem here and how can I fix it? I have made sure within my competition rules that only the winner qualifies for CFU, and checked the "simple continental qualification system" box. @Dave Fairbairn, can you help me out with this?

2 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Hi again, I'm having a very frustrating issue right now relating to continental qualification. I am trying to qualify the winner of my top division for the Caribbean Football Union Club Championship, using Claasen's editor file for that competition merged with my own personal file. The only thing I am trying to change is inserting my league into the blank "team slot" within the first stage of the competition, which was formerly occupied by the league I replaced with mine. That league was the Turks and Caicos Premier League, and I have removed that competition and overwritten the country with my own. When I go to test the CFU Championship, I always get an error message that says, "wrong number of teams found for stage 0 of CFU Championship", even though this is clearly not the case as I did not add a new team slot and only replaced one league with another. Claasen's file test out fine when I open it without my editor file, so what is the problem here and how can I fix it? I have made sure within my competition rules that only the winner qualifies for CFU, and checked the "simple continental qualification system" box. @Dave Fairbairn, can you help me out with this?

You might have to change the name for the leauge your cup is getting players from in "qualified teams" section. Hva you changed it both there and in "stage 0" and "teams"?

Hello everyone :) Playing my file and my cup is very good, struggling to find anything i would like to change :) Got one question tough, not sure if it is something that is hardcoded or if it is soemthing i must do in editor on my cup.. But alot of the youth teams does not have players, and when they play against teams that have some youth players, it seems like they also do not use its players? Does this sound familiar to anyone? I cant watch the match report at these games. Is there a way i can make the manager use its real players if they have them, even if they play teams with only "grey players" :)

AFAIK, there is no priority for real players so if they're not good enough then the grey players will play. I've created lower US leagues and this happened frequently there since I apparently created players with too low CA/PA. 

If that's not the problem then just make sure you don't have fixture rules that somehow prevent the teams from selecting their players. 

There's also the thing that it seems like clubs fill their reserve team so that many younger players end up there instead of the youth teams. IRL the status of junior aged players will be much more fluid and enables them to move between squads. 

4 hours ago, Fredrik said:

AFAIK, there is no priority for real players so if they're not good enough then the grey players will play. I've created lower US leagues and this happened frequently there since I apparently created players with too low CA/PA. 

If that's not the problem then just make sure you don't have fixture rules that somehow prevent the teams from selecting their players. 

There's also the thing that it seems like clubs fill their reserve team so that many younger players end up there instead of the youth teams. IRL the status of junior aged players will be much more fluid and enables them to move between squads. 

It is strange, cause it is only against the youth teams that has no players, they do not use theirs. Every match when the youth team meet teams with other players they both use the players they got. Checked if they had any first-team or second-team apperances around those dates, and no they did not (it is only against the teams with no players). Only played two games the player i checked, and that is the two games they met a team with 1 or more players in it :lol: Very strange as the cup is set up as "continental cup - high", you would think they used the players for this cup as often they could, good reputation also so the players get good match training from it. Could be it sorts itself out, but i have team from Canada, Japan, India, Usa and alot of African teams, and some of those will not have youth players in them every year, so this i need to fix if it does not sort itself when i get more players in my domestic youth teams :) But, i hope there is something in the editor, so i can change it :thup:

I recently downloaded real fixtures for the Belgian leagues. The problem with these rules is they override the real life league re-structure (from 2016/2017 onwards). In other words, the same structure from 2015/16 is kept for the rest of the game. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have league rules which reflect the real league structure in Belgium?

EDIT- Don't worry I worked it out in the Advanced Editor through trial and error

Hello, I have a little question!

My friend and I would make a new FIFA World Cup file. The biggest different between the real and our file is the our World Cup is all two years. 

We have change the World Cup, the qualification and the Playoff. We work in the regulate advanced.

My questions ist:                              

1. Why did the FM use not the real qualified Teams? Example: Spain is at the sixth place in the qualification Table, but the FM takes Spain for the World Cup. Why?

2. Is it possible to exclude the host country from the qualification?

What is the difference between "Overrides Rules in Code" and "Edited Rules(Overrides All Original Rules)"?I want to change only one League rule which I only can change when I tick one of them.It is better when I tick Edited Rules or the another one?Please help.Thanks

I believe(I haven't personally tested it) that the first will use the real rules, including any hardcoded features, with any changes made in the editor put on top of them(overiding the old rules where necessary), whereas the second will make a completely new competition using only the rules that you have set in the editor.

I again briefly.It is possible to change the Uefa Champions League like in real life in season 2018/2019 with the first four countries which have then four firm Champions League spots?This is the new reform which announced a few days earlier.It would be great when there would a chance to edit this.

Can anyone help me with linking competitions together? I want to have a Champions League style comp for the winners of Secondary Leagues and I want the losers of the qualification round to join the teams at the group stage. How do I do this? Every time I've tested it, the server crashes the game. 

On this note, is their an integrated method to set the CL style cup as the priority, so if teams qualify through to both comps, there is a way to set it that the runner up or place below in the table qualifies instead?

Does anyone have any idea what to do when advanced rules are not verifying?  I have three competition rules and a nation rules in the advanced rules section, and I simply wanted to see if these would work before carrying on. As I've mentioned before, these rules are part of a "new" nation that has edited over Turks and Caicos and are all set to (Overrides all original rules). I have received no errors when testing the rules or the competitions in the "Test Competitions" pane. However, no matter how many times I test rules, "0/3 Division Levels Verified" remains in the top right corner. I continue to be notified of this when I save.  Is there something wrong with my competitions that is causing this? If so, why is there no error message? I can upload my database if necessary. @Dave Fairbairn, I would really appreciate your help.

5 hours ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

You need to verify your competitions using the verify option from the top menus.

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to...

1. Delete all people from the db

2. Put in place rules so that players in a chosen league and/or nation cannot move away from that league/nation

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Marc

7 hours ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

You need to verify your competitions using the verify option from the top menus.

That's what I meant by "testing rules". I have done both this and "test competitions". Nothing happens after the test is complete.

Hi, please I need an expert. I'm modding south american continental cups, so I want to make it so the 3rd and 4th place of the group stage in Copa Libertadores qualify to the second round of Copa Sudamericana. I've tried but I always run into a different error, help please!

I have kind of specific question (which one isnt in advanced rules, right?). I have created new nation in europe (only 4 clubs and all play in serbian league system). Everything is fine except one thing. In serbia only 2 top league are playable, other issue is that divisions under lvl 3 are not made at all, so i merged it with file that has more levels in Serbia (someone other made it), THE THING is when I start new game I cant select lvs 3 and 4 as playable? If i use 2 files separately when starting new game then after 1st season, league (of lvl 3,4) where my clubs are suppose to play dont start (it just says starting on aug 8th although it has passed). Anyone has any idea? 

P.S. when I merge my 2 files, I cant tweak the serbian nation rules, and I cant switch back to basics cause i will lose my competitions I made.."sigh"

any help appreciated

14 hours ago, Gelblich said:

Hi, please I need an expert. I'm modding south american continental cups, so I want to make it so the 3rd and 4th place of the group stage in Copa Libertadores qualify to the second round of Copa Sudamericana. I've tried but I always run into a different error, help please!

What is one of the errors you get? There are so many possible ones...

(if this should be together with my upper post, can someone fix it)

Has anyone managed to create a new Continental compeition that works?

I've got new formats for the Champions League and Europa League set up in a way that seems like it should work with specified seedings, when they enter and all that jazz, but no teams actually qualify from the national leagues. There are no qualification places in the leagues.

Edit - I've looked at a few from the download section, and mine is set up pretty much the same as mauvais 90's competitions, so I really don't understand why it's not working.

I'm looking to create an All Stars game between players of my own USA league on my own editor file but I am unsure how. If someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated.

AJ

8 hours ago, danking said:

Has anyone managed to create a new Continental compeition that works?

I've got new formats for the Champions League and Europa League set up in a way that seems like it should work with specified seedings, when they enter and all that jazz, but no teams actually qualify from the national leagues. There are no qualification places in the leagues.

Edit - I've looked at a few from the download section, and mine is set up pretty much the same as mauvais 90's competitions, so I really don't understand why it's not working.

Managed to get it working so teams qualify and the competitions run exactly as they should... so then I started doing prize money, max squad players and other small details. Now when I Test Rules I keep getting:

"ERROR IN NATION RULES - UEFA Champions League (2016) and UEFA Europa Cup (2015) have different years set"

Why is this happening now? I haven't touched anything to do with the dates, and I even went to the trouble of reverting every single change to prize money and all that crap I did but it still won't work. The dates are all perfect and exactly as they were before when I was able to verify it. This is extremely annoying as I think it would be complete after this...

Someone please help!

Hello guys, I am thinking about a (a new one if possible, if not will just replace one) country with a single league which only consists high-school (maybe plus university) teams.

Is it possible:

1) Make all newgens produced to be at the minimum age allowed?

2) Allow clubs to sign pro contracts with these players?

3) Not allow clubs to offer contracts to players if they are above a certain age?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new set of rules for Holland, from a couple of improvements suggested in the media.

Almost everything is working like it should, but I cannot for the life of me get a relegation in the code.

I have the second division start as 4 groups of 4, where the top 2 of each group go to the promotion group and the bottom 2 of each to go to the relegation group.

I think I've managed the Groups --> Split leagues, but I keep getting an error stating no teams are getting relegated to the division underneath.

These are the relegation rules I've stated, but won't be accepted by the editor.

18 hours ago, Fizzle said:

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new set of rules for Holland, from a couple of improvements suggested in the media.

Almost everything is working like it should, but I cannot for the life of me get a relegation in the code.

I have the second division start as 4 groups of 4, where the top 2 of each group go to the promotion group and the bottom 2 of each to go to the relegation group.

I think I've managed the Groups --> Split leagues, but I keep getting an error stating no teams are getting relegated to the division underneath.

These are the relegation rules I've stated, but won't be accepted by the editor.

Have you tried setting it up as a promotion and relegation playoff instead? That's worked for all my league up to now. Just set the promotion playoff as the top 2 teams and relegation as bottom 2

Hi, this is the first time I'm writing on any forum ever, so forgive me if I make any etiquette mistake. I'll learn as fast as I can.
I play with Brazilian teams, but it's too many games per season, so I changed the leagues and created nation rules for Brazil to have a 12-team top division league. Tested it for several seasons, it worked.

Another thing I changed - in another file, since I had to define new Continental rules - was Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana, the two South American championships. Tested it separately for several seasons, it worked.

Now, is there a way for me to merge the two files - with the Brazilian and South American rules - into one file? I tried to simply tick both files when starting a new game, but several leagues showed the exclamation mark - most of them European, which I am absolutely sure I did not change whatsoever. E.g., it said there were less teams than necessary in Premier League, Serie A, BBVA and Bundesliga. Can anyone shed some light on how I should proceed, please?

Thank you!

On 23/09/2016 at 22:55, AsteroidMunky said:

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to...

1. Delete all people from the db

2. Put in place rules so that players in a chosen league and/or nation cannot move away from that league/nation

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Marc

1) That is possible without adding any nation rules.

Just go in 'people' tab. Filter the ones you want to delete by setting approriate filters. Select all and simply press delete.

The game will will create new regens when you load db in game.

2) This is also possible.

Again no need for any nation rules. 

Go into "nations" tab in db. Press enter in search so that all nations are listed. Select them all and press edit. This means you are mass editing all nations together. In nation transfer preferences add your country in which your league is based in set "rating" to -1. Scouting knowledge to 0. And ages from 15 to 45. 

The -1 in rating means no players can be be bought from that nation by the nations you have selected in the previous step.

Also make sure while selecting all the nations for mass editing, carefully deselect the nation your league is based in or else you will add -1 in your nation too.

Hi guys,

i'm changing an English database I have with secondary divisions to make all teams qualify for their national division based on their regional division. There is no P&R but a Championship Playoff for all teams in each division. 

So ive set in the regional divisions a fate action that they qualify for the Nationals based on their division, and I've set a 'Teams for Next Season' based on the rules. But it keeps saying that there are no teams in any of the divisions. Is there any way around this? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Let's say I have five lower leagues where each of them (obviously) has a champion, and an upper league where only one team is relegated. Is there a way to set a rule so that only a champion of the league where the relegated team is heading gets promotion?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Any suggestions for my problem with transfer windows folks?

I've put together my new Scottish league setup (top flights then regional system in a pyramid down to 7 levels), but I can't work out how to get transfer windows to act consistently each year. I want it to run from 1st Jan to 31st Jan, as it does in real life, but the game keeps updating it each season to being a date around this time, rather than my specified date. 

Any ideas?

On 11/2/2016 at 13:15, pelewasgood said:

Any suggestions for my problem with transfer windows folks?

I've put together my new Scottish league setup (top flights then regional system in a pyramid down to 7 levels), but I can't work out how to get transfer windows to act consistently each year. I want it to run from 1st Jan to 31st Jan, as it does in real life, but the game keeps updating it each season to being a date around this time, rather than my specified date. 

Any ideas?

When you set the date you will see the day listed besides it. Remove the day of the week and just have the date. Select the (-) option. 

I'm trying to make a fully fleshed out Kosovo database, but I'm struggling to get European qualification sorted. I've tried going into the advanced rules, ticking European qualification but it does nothing. I even deleted all Gibraltarian clubs and made the league extinct, and it still didn't add Kosovan teams to the CL. Does anyone know how I could get it to work, it's kind of essential to the database.

I guess we need to add your country in European agreement? 

I had even made a db with Indian league (asian country) changed to a european country and adding india to european agreement. And from 2nd season Indian clubs qualified for european competition. 

31 minutes ago, faizangmc said:

I guess we need to add your country in European agreement? 

I had even made a db with Indian league (asian country) changed to a european country and adding india to european agreement. And from 2nd season Indian clubs qualified for european competition. 

I'll give it a go. I thought Kosovo being in Europe already would be enough, but I'll change the agreement and see what happens.

EDIT: Nope, doesn't seem to have worked. Thanks for the help, though.

Hi again. I was able to resolve my previous problem with testing rules, but unfortunately it meant I had to restart my rules editing. I've got a new set of questions now.

So I have one division in my country that mostly acts like a group-knockout tournament in that there are 16 groups in total, eight teams each, with the top two from the group heading to a playoff where the last 4 standing are promoted. In order to even get to advanced rules I had to create subdivisions for each group. My groups are not supposed to be regional, so I'd like to ask if it's possible to have the game draw the 128 teams in the division into the subdivisions at random, just like a group draw for a cup. If not, would it then be possible to have a league that operates as a "league" but is structured as a cup without the subdivisions? I'm still not totally familiar with all of the editor's settings so if anyone could help, especially @Dave Fairbairn, then this might be the last time I ask for help on here for a while.

Hi, FM-ers.

I wish to do a an edit to the number of over-aged players allowed to play in the Italian (Under-20) and English (Under-23) Reserves League.  Currently, only 1 over-20 years old player allowed in the Italian Under-20 Reserves League and 3 over 23 years old players allowed in the English Under-23 Reserves League.

Could some kind hearted soul lead me the way..?  I'm quite a noob at editing using the Advance Rules.

Been searching the forum and internet but couldn't get the actual editing that i wanted.

Thank you.

Archived