David Beckham

A consortium led by the man himself has just took over me on my game (Birmingham), anybody else had this?

Funnily enough I saw a post from someone else where he is at Aston Villa.

Edit - Just found it HERE, well in takeover talks anyway.

Now Salford I could maybe understand, but Sutton? Telford? Really?

I guess his Miami project has gone near-dead in FM as well as IRL, then... :lol:

Aye, l have to try and ignore it when FM throws oddities like this in the mix. Hopefully someone from SI will read this thread and remedy it in the next patch.

I'm reluctant to give FM the benefit of the doubt in every scenario, but even though I accept the greater geographic proximity everyone would have said the same about the 92 lads taking their admittedly limited holding in Salford.

It isn't real-life Sutton or Telford, maybe something happened to make him be interested there, some kind of quirk outside the game - like Balague at Biggleswade or something

Got to love how people are talking about realism...

If you had come to me in the first few years of Beckham's career and told me ' that young lad from the reserves will have his own team in the MLS one day in Miami...

And you guys have trouble with him getting into a team in a region not far from his hometown?

Hindsight is 20/20 ... and you can't start comparing what happens in game 20 years down the line with real life events now.. it makes no sense.

Fair comment, but this Beckham thing happened during season two. I'm pretty confident Beckham won't be elected chairman of Telford IRL any time soon.

In terms of realism it's not immersion breaking (unlike League One and Vanarama National clubs appointing youth coaches from the Irish league as manager, which l find greatly annoying), it's just very odd.

• 2 weeks later...

Also just had this in my Wolves save, decided he wants to buy Hull and appoint Chris Powell as manager, not quite sure about that one. It's cool how the game has people stored like that to take over clubs to add a bit of realism to a takeover.

• 3 months later...
He bought Hemel Hemstead Town by himself in January 2016 on my. That is a particularly unusual and downright unrealistic move for him.

To be fair, if I had as much money and free time as him, I would definitely buy a non league footy club and play FM in real life. Beats sitting around all day talking to Victoria anyway...

Archived