FM16: Tottenham Hotspur - In Harry we trust

Prowl

I've just finished my second season, it was a little disappointing finishing 4th in the league, getting knocked out of Europe by Barcelona in the Quarters, losing the Carling Cup to Man City and only making the Semi's of the FA Cup.

In slightly surprising news, I've moved into Wembley! I'm not sure how long we are here for, I assume until New White Hart Lane is built, but I've not seen that mentioned ingame yet.

In

Bazoer 24m

Embolo 15m

Odegaard 14m

Joe Gomez 14m

Mammana 7m

Ould-Chikh 2m along with some other talents for the U18's for 2m or less

Out

Wimmer 12m to PSG

Townsend 7m to Fiorentina

Davies 7m to Monaco

Pritchard 4m to QPR

Fazio 3m to Villa

Mason 1m to Burnley

Yedlin 1m to Watford

Winks 1m to Sunderland

Velkovic 1m to Southampton

The new window hasn't even opened for the third season and the vultures are raiding my flock, thus far I've sold Horn for 35m to PSG, Vertonghen for 12m to Man Utd, Chadli for 15m to West Ham and Rose for 10m to Liverpool. In retaliation I went a little mad and signed Romagnoli for 40m and Passlack for 17m

Son has been immense at MR/ML with an average of 8 last season with 28 games, 21 goals and 8 assists. It's been abit of a battle keeping him though and had to reject bids of 30-40m and bouts of sulking.

Current squad:-

GK Lloris / Dragowski

DL Jorge / KWP

DC Romagnoli / Gomez

DC Alderweireld / Mammana

DR Walker / Passlack

ML Malcom / Pavon

MC Ajer / Bazoer

MC Alli / Bentaleb

MR Son / Ould-Chikh

AMC Eriksen / Odegaard

ST Kane / Embolo

Other notable squad players include Nouri, Barbosa, Onomah and CCV.

KWP, CCV and Onomah have all nearly maxed their potentials and are OK if I hit an injury crisis but never going to hold down a first team berth for a top4 team :(

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just finished my second season, it was a little disappointing finishing 4th in the league, getting knocked out of Europe by Barcelona in the Quarters, losing the Carling Cup to Man City and only making the Semi's of the FA Cup.

In slightly surprising news, I've moved into Wembley! I'm not sure how long we are here for, I assume until New White Hart Lane is built, but I've not seen that mentioned ingame yet.

In

Bazoer 24m

Embolo 15m

Odegaard 14m

Joe Gomez 14m

Mammana 7m

Out

Wimmer 12m to PSG

Davies 7m to Monaco

Pritchard 4m to QPR

Fazio 3m to Villa

Mason 1m to Burnley

Yedlin 1m to Watford

Winks 1m to Sunderland

The new window hasn't even opened for the third season and the vultures are raiding my flock, thus far I've sold Horn for 35m to PSG, Vertonghen for 12m to Man Utd, Chadli for 15m to West Ham and Rose for 10m to Liverpool. In retaliation I went a little mad and signed Romagnoli for 40m and Passlack for 17m

Son has been immense at MR/ML with an average of 8 last season with 28 games, 21 goals and 8 assists. It's been abit of a battle keeping him though and had to reject bids of 30-40m and bouts of sulking.

GK Lloris / Dragowski

DL Jorge / KWP

DC Romagnoli / Gomez

DR Walker / Passlack

ML Malcom / Pavon

MC Ajer / Bazoer

MC Alli / Bentaleb

MR Son / Ould-Chikh

AMC Eriksen / Odegaard

ST Kane / Embolo

KWP, CCV and Onomah have all nearly maxed their potentials and are OK if I hit an injury crisis but never going to hold down a first team berth for a top4 team :(

You'll be at Wembley for 1 season

In

Bazoer 24m

Embolo 15m

Odegaard 14m

Joe Gomez 14m

Mammana 7m

Out

Wimmer 12m to PSG

Davies 7m to Monaco

Pritchard 4m to QPR

Fazio 3m to Villa

Mason 1m to Burnley

Yedlin 1m to Watford

Winks 1m to Sunderland

GK Lloris / Dragowski

DL Jorge / KWP

DC Romagnoli / Gomez

DR Walker / Passlack

ML Malcom / Pavon

MC Ajer / Bazoer

MC Alli / Bentaleb

MR Son / Ould-Chikh

AMC Eriksen / Odegaard

ST Kane / Embolo

Now that's the sort of team I would have! I like the amount of youth in that team, keep us updated as most of those players would be ones I would try to sign. Spent all of first season trying to unsettle Bazoer but he still isn't interested in coming!

I've just started season 4 (18/19). Last season finished 4th and won the Europa League. Sold Lloris and Chadli this summer as both were unhappy. I'm targeting youth players to develop, as well as younger first team signings.

Squad for this season is:

GK: Horn/Rajkovic

DR: Walker/Vrsaljko

DC: Dier/Alderweireld/Mammana/Veljkovic

DL: Rose/Suk-Young

MC (AP): Eriksen/Alli

MC (BBM): Meli/Ajer

MC (DLP): Pogba/Bentaleb

AMR: Lamela/Januzaj/Embolo

AML: Son/Luan

CF: Kane/M Romero/Clough

Lewis Cook is joining in January

I've signed up some regens who look good and are loaned out. I've still got Walker-Peters, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Sterling and Onomah who haven't been able to break into the first team and are out on loan. Also signed Andre Dozzell in season 2 and have been loaning him out.

Net transfer spend since the start of the game is around £90m, hoping for a title challenge this year.

Fixture list is a little intense.

1zox109.png

Currently equal first (2nd on goal difference) with a game in hand on City (leaders) with five games to go, my brother who is United is in the other semi final of the Europa League so we are battling on all fronts! In other news Liverpool are in a relegation dog fight

I've managed to finish my first season, got 1st place and remained undefeated overall. I don't know whats wrong with the player values but they are off the roof so i started the new season with alot of bussines in the market.

Current team is:

GK (d) - Lloris, Rulli

DR (CWB/a) - Walker, Trippier, Walker-Peters

CD (BWD/d) - Verthongen (who requested to be transfer listed, kinda bumped up about this), Alderweild, Wimmer, Mammana, Vickers

DL (CWB/a) - Kurszawa, Jorge

DM (Anchorman) - Dier, Maia

CM/r (AP/s) - Alli, Tielemans, Banega

CM/l (DLP/s) - Bentaleb, Romero

AMR (IF/s) - Zivkovic, Barbosa (injured for 5-6 months), Hagi

AML (IF/s) - Eriksen, Pavon

ST (CF/s) - Kane, Ings

Here is an imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/l17pp

Now that's the sort of team I would have! I like the amount of youth in that team, keep us updated as most of those players would be ones I would try to sign. Spent all of first season trying to unsettle Bazoer but he still isn't interested in coming!

Hah will do! I fear I may have gotten carried away with the youth players, it makes tutoring a rather limited experience when you only have 5 players in the entire squad over 24 and capable of tutoring!

Christian Eriksen is my best player, for sure. But, unusually, none of the bigger teams wants him. While I'm happy that this is the case, every other member of my squad has been the subject of intense transfer interest, except him. Not an offer, over 2 saves and 7 seasons total.

Anybody else have a similar experience? If so, any idea why this is the case?

Christian Eriksen is my best player, for sure. But, unusually, none of the bigger teams wants him. While I'm happy that this is the case, every other member of my squad has been the subject of intense transfer interest, except him. Not an offer, over 2 saves and 7 seasons total.

Anybody else have a similar experience? If so, any idea why this is the case?

Eriksen has been brilliant for me. Didn't really have enquiries for first 3 seasons but just had a lot this pre season. Had Barca and Man City keep making offers up to £65 m. Turned them all down and he was fine, just wanted a new contract which I happily gave him

First season done and dusted. Finished 3rd in the league and won the Europa. Knocked out of both cups by Chelsea (3rd round of the FA Cup and semi finals of the league). Happy with that considering I had some serious injury problems, Rose and Mason missed the whole season and most weeks there were at least 4 out from the first team squad. Harry Kane finished with 36 goals in all competitions, only started playing him in Europe at the quarter final stage to keep him fresh.

Started with transfers disabled and there were no players out in January. In came Youri Tielemans (and finished fans player of the year!) as well as Zach Clough and Ivan Saponjic, both of whom were loaned back to their clubs until the end of the season. I rejected bids for Lamela and Dier both of whom were upset and I told both if I received a decent offer I would let them go. This resulted in Dier automatically going onto the transfer list (but not Lamela?!?!?) and I am unable to remove this. With a successful season finished and Dier playing plenty of games I was hoping I could have convinced him to stay but seem to be struggling. Any advice on how to resolve this would be welcome. I guess I could keep rejecting offers but suspect this may cause some disharmony in the squad.

Still unsure where I want to invest in the summer, it may depend on who I lose to the bigger teams. I have a preference to go for UK players but there are not many out there I think could improve.

Coming up to the end of the 1st season and I'm extremely proud. i didn't make too many changes as I wanted to continue developing the players I had and investing in some great prospects. I had the first window disabled.

Transfers Out:

Chadli - 20 million to PSG

Fazio - free to Valencia

I wasn't planning on selling Chadli as he was a solid rotation player but when PSG offered 20 million with potentially 4.5 million more in add-ones, I couldn't turn it down. Fazio wanted to leave as I wasn't giving him enough playing time with Verts, Toby, Dier, and Wimmer all ahead of him. I just told my DoF to let him go for nothing. No big deal.

Transfers In:

Embolo - 17.5 million

Dragowski - 4 million

Embolo can play in almost every attaching position and is young enough to be eligible for homegrown status in 4 years. He can also back up Kane. Considering the goalkeepers in the system weren't great Dragowski will be a good buy as Hugo's understudy.

League:

Title wrapped up after 33 games. Other than a couple of losses and some draws the team played phenomenal. Kane has 35 goals and 12 assists to lead the way. Lamela right behind in scoring with 20 goals and 8 assists. Eriksen was probably the best of the lot with 15 goals and 16 assists. Dembele was ever present and Dele Alli is quickly turning into Gerard 2.0. Didn't score but contributed with 10 assists and ran the show in midfield. He's gonna be even better next year and I'm happy I gave him as many games as I did. Sonny was up and down but had 10 goals and 8 assists.

Arsenal are 2nd, United 3rd, and Swansea, yes them, are in 4th as this season's Leicester.

Capital One Cup:

Playing kids and rotating we benefitted from an easy draw until the final where we drew Arsenal. I played my big boys and we came out on top 3-1 for our first trophy of the year.

Europa League:

currently in the semi final against Schalke. Will update later.

FA Cup

semi finals against Chelsea

i don't have a lot of summer transfer plans except developing some regens and players. Velkovic has impressed on loan and I'll likely loan Carter-Vickers for more playing time. I want Mammanna but I would have to sell someone to make room. Rose, Walker, and Davies are being chased by City. My goal is to gradually add as I need but try and keep as much of the current squad as I can.

Came back to my Spurs save after not getting into any others. Half way through 3rd season & team seem to struggle at 'home' (Wembley) this season. Drawing too many games. Currently 2nd, 4 points behind the goons - who are going for 3 titles in a row!

Aside from struggling at home I just can't do well against the gooners, Chelsea or City. I need to sort this if I want to win anything!

In January I've bought Bale back for £30m, he was unhappy at not playing at Madrid. Wouldn't have done any business but Son was unsettled by Bayern so sold him for £35m. To Wolfsburg. Ha. Eat that Son.

Really want to get my first trophy this season!

COYS!

Came back to my Spurs save after not getting into any others. Half way through 3rd season & team seem to struggle at 'home' (Wembley) this season. Drawing too many games. Currently 2nd, 4 points behind the goons - who are going for 3 titles in a row!

Aside from struggling at home I just can't do well against the gooners, Chelsea or City. I need to sort this if I want to win anything!

In January I've bought Bale back for £30m, he was unhappy at not playing at Madrid. Wouldn't have done any business but Son was unsettled by Bayern so sold him for £35m. To Wolfsburg. Ha. Eat that Son.

Really want to get my first trophy this season!

COYS!

I had the same problem in my 3rd season, drew far too many games! Doing nothing better in 4th though

Ive just finished my second season, real up and down one finishing 3rd in the league. Realistically could have won it but had a poor run of form over Christmas which really let us down!

As per usual with Spurs everyone in your side is wanted by every major team around Europe so theres been a lot of change up. Here are my transfers so far for the third season:

Ins:

Jordan Ibe-26m

Jose Gaya-40m

Bazoer-19.25m

Kingsley Coman-28.5m

Outs:

Ruben Neves: 37.5 rising to 50m (Signed for 20m) PSG

Eric Dier-48.5m Man Utd

Son-50m rising to 68m City

Alderweireld-22.5 rising to 25m Monaco(Particularly pleased with this fee)

Ben Davies-5m Everton

Kyle Walker-6.75m Newcastle

Geronimo Rulli-34.5m PSG

Ive agreed a deal to sign Martial for 26m as well but a bit hesitant about taking him as I've already got Vietto and Ayoze up front and not particularly bothered about selling Ayoze as Martial hasn't developed that well at United.

The fees you can get for some Tottenham players is unreal, Last season i got 72m for Harry Kane as well. Hopefully the new squad will knit together well and allow me to win my first League Title.

First season over and despite doing incredibly well I am incredibly disappointed. Last 10 games our schedule was ridiculous regularly playing 2 or sometimes 3 games in a week. Finished 3rd two points off of City who were top, Arsenal pipped me on GD. Last two games were West Ham away (last game at upton park) and Southampton away which we both lost. If we had won one of those games we would be champions. Won the Europa League though, beating United who were managed by my brother in the final, but lost the final to Brighton. Injuries killed us in the end, with Chadli, Dembele, Lamela and Wimmer picking up injuries in the last few weeks plus Rose missing the last three games through suspension and Alderweireld missing one. Dembele won my player of the season, Dier in second. Need a winger and a back up ST, big window for me.

Yes! Finally won a trophy! Season 3 PL title wrapped up with 1 game to spare. Trailed the goons by 4 points with 7 games to go but beat Chelsea 4-0 & the goons 4-1 in consecutive games & the goons collapsed!

Full review to come later when I've finished the season.

COYS!

2017/18 Season Review

Seasons Transfers

5e4xHg.jpg

Premier League

sadWUa.jpg

Player Stats for the season:

B82BRK.jpg

(Only player missing from the list is Cameron Carter Vickers who made 11(1) appearances, scored 1 and averaged 7.03 (He also made his England debut)

Club awards here

Season Review here

Season injury review here

Hugo Lloris won the PL Gold Gloves

Amazingly, no one else won seasonal awards! Eriksen should have got PFA or FWA but they both went to gooners. The Young Players Award should have gone to Dele but Raheem Sterling got it. Joke.

We did however get 4 players into the Team of the Year

Next year I want to improve in the CL and repeat in the PL.

Not sure what will happen on the transfer front yet but I'm tempted to go for Dybala or Pogba. Not that I really need them but I'd like them!

COYS

Nice update edgar, another nice young team and good to see you have kept Toby, noticed a few who have got rid. Interested in seeing how Ruben Neves turns out

Thanks

Toby's great, I expected him to play less this year but when Dier got injured Toby stepped back in & took control.

Neves struggled at first playing as a HB but when I switched my tactics & changed him to DLP/D he really came into his own.

Quick transfer update so far:

Out:

Xhaka 35m to PSG

Chadli 22m to Liverpool

Barbosa 50m to Dortmund (they met his release fee :( )

In:

Dybala 112m

Coutinho 60m

Crisetig 9m

Not expecting to do anymore business but might look for a young keeper, Jeroen Zoet is fine as back up but he's not the future.

On the keeper note, Juve were chasing Lloris hard all summer, as my captain he's unsellable in my opinion.

Oh & I got the England job after the WC, where they came 3rd.

Thanks

Toby's great, I expected him to play less this year but when Dier got injured Toby stepped back in & took control.

Neves struggled at first playing as a HB but when I switched my tactics & changed him to DLP/D he really came into his own.

Quick transfer update so far:

Out:

Xhaka 35m to PSG

Chadli 22m to Liverpool

Barbosa 50m to Dortmund (they met his release fee :( )

In:

Dybala 112m

Coutinho 60m

Crisetig 9m

Not expecting to do anymore business but might look for a young keeper, Jeroen Zoet is fine as back up but he's not the future.

On the keeper note, Juve were chasing Lloris hard all summer, as my captain he's unsellable in my opinion.

Oh & I got the England job after the WC, where they came 3rd.

Wowzers! £112m for Dybala!!! That is mental! Xhaka any good?!?! I am struggling to get on ATM, still stuck in March first season, any suggestions on getting Kane to score goals, he hardly scores for me, I stick Barbosa up top and scores for fun! Even brought in Ponce from Roma on loan and he scores on his debut off the bench against Chelsea away!!

Wowzers! £112m for Dybala!!! That is mental! Xhaka any good?!?! I am struggling to get on ATM, still stuck in March first season, any suggestions on getting Kane to score goals, he hardly scores for me, I stick Barbosa up top and scores for fun! Even brought in Ponce from Roma on loan and he scores on his debut off the bench against Chelsea away!!

Xhaka is really good, great in pretty much and DM or MC role. He's just not good enough to displace Neves, Alli or Eriksen as first choice. Hence 33m was a great deal to sell him.

The Dybala deal is mental but my scouts all said sign him whatever the price. And Juve started out by asking for 190m (his value was 46m) so I like to think we've met in the middle. Plus it's Levys money not mine :)

Kane's a funny one. Can be streaky. Scores loads then not for ages. Plus he's been injured a lot for me. Hence the Dybala signing. Kane has a key role to play but he won't be the main man this season.

Considering switching to a 4231 and retraining Kane at AMC as he's always assisting. Don't know though cos I finally found solidity at the back end of last season.

Just loaded a Spurs save up, Looking on bringing in a few more british players to develop like AVB has irl. Will bring some players in across seas. Hoping for a top4 finish for Champions League football. Looking to make my own tactic maybe a couple. Hows everyone finding Alli & bentaleb coming on?

Just loaded a Spurs save up, Looking on bringing in a few more british players to develop like AVB has irl. Will bring some players in across seas. Hoping for a top4 finish for Champions League football. Looking to make my own tactic maybe a couple. Hows everyone finding Alli & bentaleb coming on?

Like Poch you mean?

Alli & Bentaleb are amazing, Alli more so but both will be world class if you look after them.

I've just started season 4 (18/19). Last season finished 4th and won the Europa League. Sold Lloris and Chadli this summer as both were unhappy. I'm targeting youth players to develop, as well as younger first team signings.

Squad for this season is:

GK: Horn/Rajkovic

DR: Walker/Vrsaljko

DC: Dier/Alderweireld/Mammana/Veljkovic

DL: Rose/Suk-Young

MC (AP): Eriksen/Alli

MC (BBM): Meli/Ajer

MC (DLP): Pogba/Bentaleb

AMR: Lamela/Januzaj/Embolo

AML: Son/Luan

CF: Kane/M Romero/Clough

Lewis Cook is joining in January

I've signed up some regens who look good and are loaned out. I've still got Walker-Peters, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Sterling and Onomah who haven't been able to break into the first team and are out on loan. Also signed Andre Dozzell in season 2 and have been loaning him out.

Net transfer spend since the start of the game is around £90m, hoping for a title challenge this year.

I had a good season with the squad above in 18/19.

I finished 2nd in the league behind Arsenal

I won the European Super Cup (beating Benfica), won the Capital One Cup (beating Sunderland), lost in the FA Cup final (to Man City in extra time), won the Champions League (beating Arsenal!)

Going to try and keep the squad together (although Walker has requested a move as he wants a new challenge) to defend the Champions League, and try and add the Premier League.

The Dybala deal is mental but my scouts all said sign him whatever the price. And Juve started out by asking for 190m (his value was 46m) so I like to think we've met in the middle. Plus it's Levys money not mine :)

Never heard of him but just had a look on my save and Arsenal have just signed him from Juve for £56m at the start of the second season. Not in a position to compete with that kind of fee just yet.

On the verge of signing Dozzell and trying to get Mammana as my unreal first season comes to a close. Other than them I don't see myself making too many moves as I really like the team. Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Lloris, Verts, and Dembele are a solid core while Alli and Dembele have really come on development wise. Mason and Townsend would be expendable but I want to keep them around because they are homegrown and they become important in the European comps. Wimmer hasn't been bad at all while Son, Breel, and Carroll have provided depth.

If I get great offers for some players I'll then look to add but I'm pretty happy with it now. I'll likely just be adding prospects and slowly developing them

Just finished 2018/19 season, and league was disappointing. Had a very bad March and dropped down league to finish 6th. I did however win the Europa league so will be in Champs league next year.

Made some great but expensive signings and my team looks like this

Gk. Lloris/ donnarumma

Dl. Mas/Verts

Dr. Dier/Walker

Dc. Toby/romagnoli/Verts/ccv/walker-deemin

Dm. Bender/dier

Mcr. Alli/tielemans

Mcl. Eriksen/coric

Aml. Druissi/lamela

Amr. Son/lamela

Stc. Icardi/Kane/babacar

lads, i dunno how you all do it at the start

i started off with no badges and sunday league rep and with transfer window open and utd have disrupted lamela & kane...somehow i've got lamela training in the u21 squad and i've got kane with very poor morale supporting him

got a few players against lamela and with me but i'm finding it a challenge already

lads, i dunno how you all do it at the start

i started off with no badges and sunday league rep and with transfer window open and utd have disrupted lamela & kane...somehow i've got lamela training in the u21 squad and i've got kane with very poor morale supporting him

got a few players against lamela and with me but i'm finding it a challenge already

I never start with Sunday league rep in the PL.

Realistic

I've always started off as Sunday league rep in the prem and no qualifications

How many managers have managed in the Premier League in its entire history that have just been sunday league footballers? Also you HAVE to have qualifications to be a manager in the prem so it's the opposite of realistic mate. What you mean is, it's more of a challenge.

what i mean is its realistic in relation to me, every single fm i've always done the same, did it last year and i was fine for the most part

would my rep be the reason why staff wouldn't want to sign, notably south americans? i've found quite a few won't even enter negotiations with me even tho they're free agents

Finished 6th in my 2nd season. Quite an improvement on my first season.

Annoying that I stayed in the top 3-4 for most of the season then go on a bad run of form and lose out :(

Will be changing the formation for the third season.

Going for a 4-2-3-1. Shall see what we can do.

Signing of the Season according to this has been Nathan Redmond, and I was playing RM/LM's in the formation, so next season he should flourish.

And here is one of the regens I signed from Bolton for £7.5m (Loaned him out to Ross County where he had 12 games, 4 goals and 4 assits)

873e4b8394b1ca7865d3e71769d43b67.png

Bad news is that Arsenal won the league, so lets just hope we can snatch it from them next season. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS, COYS!

Started my next season and just got to end of August. Have not long played the euro super cup and was against PSG.

Went 1-0 down after 67 mins, and made a couple of changes and managed to equalise in 75th minute. Then scored 3 goals in last 8 mins to win 4-1!!

My 4th trophy in 15 months! Not doing as good as some of you, and my league performances have been disappointing, but hopefully moving in the right direction

Season 2 done. A very eventful season.

Finished second in the league. 3 points behind Chelsea. Please to have improved on last season and even happier to have finished above Chelsea.

In the Champions league we were knocked out by Barca in the semis in heartbreaking style. After losing the 1st leg 1-0 at home, we managed to go 2-1 up in the Nou Camp. Unfortunately for us, Felipe Anderson scored an absolute screamer to deny us a final place.

Carling cup was a success. Won it with ease. A really easy route to the final. We then beat Chelsea 1-0 in the final. Eriksen scoring a lovely goal to make it two trophies in two seasons.

FA cup was lost in the final to Chelsea (again). Unfortunately couldn't repeat last seasons FA cup final and the Carling cup and beat Mourinho. It's now 2-2 between us, if you include the league. A real rivalry happening between us.

The new signings were great. Mahrez was class. Giminez was too, and his loan has been made permanent. A bargain at £7.5m. Also added Berahino in January for £16m to support Kane. Not much of an impact, but hoping for more next season.

Walker-Perers is undisputed number 2 RB and pushing for the first team role. He's over taken Tripper for sure and played about twenty games. Carter-Vickers, Onomah and Veljkovic have all looked very promising and will be part of the first team for a long time.

I have £88m to spend next season. Really happy with the squad so may look to make one massive signing

I'm not really focused on signing either unless they're young and need development time. I signed Mammana because I'm willing to let Wimmer go if United offer me the 24 million they were rumoured to be doing. Stoke got relegated and I had a split second thought about going after Butland but nah, I'm quite happy with Lloris and Dragowski next season. I'm probably going to bank what I have and focus on development. I won almost everything so my team doesn't need drastic changes

So... we're 3 games into the pre-season for Season 3.

And this lovely message pops up.

d5c2a608abf2566071164a032db480b2.png

I sold Kane last season and it had a clause saying we would get 30% profit from the next transfer, so with that being said if the above deal actually happens, I'll be laughing :D

Coming to the end of my first season in 16. Playing as Spurs, we did well until January and were the closest to Chelsea, but still rarely less than 10 points behind as they've romped home to the title after about 31 games or so - compounded by our occasionally falling apart in matches. Son getting sent off at 1-0 up against Liverpool, leading into us losing 4-1 :mad:

But there we are. We sit 2nd with 6 matches left, in the semis of the FA Cup but knocked out early from the COC and Europa League. Fazio went to PSG for 6 million in January. We signed Charlie Austin in the summer as back up for Kane - they have about 20 goals between them, as the the 4231 I'm using isn't great for strikers, apparently. Son is top scorer, mainly playing off the left wing instead.

Our main issues, Kane/Austin aside, have been at centre back. Toby's averaging 6.9, Jan is on 7 for the season. Wimmer's on 6.8 but is very much a backup. I'm wondering if it's worth persevering with them, as they're just not giving my Lloris/Vorm much protection, despite the best efforts of Dier/Bentaleb/Alli in the DM role.

My transfer budget at this point (mid-April) is 30 million, but I have no idea what sort of money is going to be available in the summer, or where best to spend it - looking through this thread, it seems like a lot of players recommended are in leagues outside of those I have loaded (Spain, Scotland, Belgium, Italy, France, Holland), and my preference in any case is to keep a strong British, if not English, core.

Started season 3. Sold Davies, Njie, Wimmer and Pritchard for about £35m combined. Was not easy to keep them happy and they were not going to feature enough. I also sold Berahino after only 6 months. A big signing meant his game time would be limited and at £20m I made a quick £4m profit. The final departure was Son who left for Man Utd for £40m. Great player for me and while I didn't need the money, Eriksen is ahead of him I the LW role and it was a good deal for all.

First signing was Jordan Amavi. £14m. He will take Davies place as no 2 LB but is more than good enough to challenge for the starting role. I also got Pastore on loan with a view to a permanent deal. He will cover the left wing role and will replace Son. Final signing was a massive one. Romelu Lukaku. £43m he will hopefully turn us into champions. Can alternate with Kane and will look to build a formation where they can play together for some games.

Season started with a community shield victory. Obviously it would be against Chelsea, it always is. (It's now 3-2 me against Mourinho) League has begun with 3 wins from 4. A surprise away defeat at Leicester the only disaapointing result. Lukaku and Kane both have 3 goals each from the opening 4 matches.

Kyle walker is now out for 8 months. I have £90m sat here. But I've decided to promote Walker-peters from no 2 to no 1. Dier can also fill in, but Walker-Peters was so impressive last year it could be a leading in disguise. If everything goes wrong. There is a lot of money to spend in Jan.

Archived