Mac Version

• SI Staff

Currently we are developing PC only in Early Access. I cannot make any promises at this point for other platforms but some people are running the early access version using Wine, but obviously at this point that way is not officially supported either.

Anyone using Wineskin?

Just wondering how I can add faces/rosters into the game with this method...I want to make sure it's possible before I download it.

Or am I better off doing the Parallels/VM Fusion way?? I don't have a Windows key so I'd prefer wineskin

I would love this to be available for Mac and Linux. Of course it depends on how much support the game receives. I'm fortunate to have both a PC and Mac but others aren't so. Has anyone been able to try In-Home Streaming as that is how I'd likely play it at present on Mac as I do with Victoria 2.

I just about died when I saw EHM was being released again!!!!! I loved it so much and played up until about a year ago. But now I've using a Macbook as my main machine. I REALLLLLLLLLLY would love to see a Mac version.

is there any way i can get this to run on my mac?

Yes. As Riz has pointed out you can install apps like Wine (link below) which allow you to run Windows applications on OS X. I'd try it myself, but I'm a bit of a technophobe, so if anyone wants to take the plunge and feedback in here as to the pros and cons of these apps, then it might sway a few of us fence-sitters.

https://www.winehq.org

I run EHM:EA in Ubuntu Linux using Wine + Windows version of Steam.

The game runs excellent in fullscreen mode and installation was quite straightforward.

The following guide explains how to install "Windows version of Steam" in Linux+Wine. I assume Mac+Wine will be quite similar.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_under_Linux#Step_1:_setting_up_Wine

tl;dr on Ubuntu:

> sudo apt-get install wine1.7 winetricks
> winetricks steam

Window mode is a bit borked with some repaint issues.

Otherwise some minor issues where global preferences aren't saved between sessions (euros vs dollars etc), this might be a configuration snafu on my part though.

Just a C&P from my post at the Blue Line as people seem to have good luck using this:

I decided to throw together a pre-built Wineskin wrapper for the new EHM for anyone still having issues getting it to run under Crossover or Wine.

This wrapper includes a pre-installed Steam (though it's up to you log into your account) and an installed Wineskin engine that eliminates the random mouse click issue some Mac users have run into.

Steps for use:

1. Download and unzip the pre-built wrapper here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3677670/Eastside%20Hockey%20Manager.zip

2. Move the "Eastside Hockey Manager" app to your Applications folder through Finder.

3. Right-click on the program and select "Open". This is only necessary to do once, you can double-click it after the first run.

4. Wait for Steam to load and enter your username and password to login.

5. Download Eastside Hockey Manager through Steam. You can either purchase it here, on the website, or through the OS X client proper if you haven't already.

6. Enjoy!

Starting directly into EHM instead of Steam (optional):

1. Successfully run EHM through the wrapper at least once.

2. Right-click on "Eastside Hockey Manager" in Applications and select "Show Package Contents".

3. Double-click on "Wineskin".

4. Click on the "Advanced" button.

5. One the line it says "Windows EXE" (near the top), select "Browse".

6. Double-click on "Program Files", "Steam", "steamapps", "common", "Eastside Hockey Manager".

7. Click on "ehm.exe" and select "Choose".

8. Exit out of Wineskin and try running "Eastside Hockey Manager" again from your Applications folder in Finder. If successful, it should now load directly into EHM and keep steam in the background.

To get to the data folder to add logos, pictures, rosters, etc.:

1. Right click on the "Eastside Hockey Manager" app in Applications.

2. Select "Show Package Contents".

3. Select "drive_c", "Program Files", "Steam", "steamapps", "common", "Eastside Hockey Manager", "data".

I've been using this since release and it's been working wonderfully, so I thought I'd share a clean, untouched version with those wanting to use it on OSX.

As always, I can't predict how everyone's machine will handle the software, but I hope for most people it should be as easy as what you see above. I believe you need to be running Snow Leopard (10.6.8) or above, though I've only been able to test in on Yosemite.

Just a C&P from my post at the Blue Line as people seem to have good luck using this:

I decided to throw together a pre-built Wineskin wrapper for the new EHM for anyone still having issues getting it to run under Crossover or Wine.

This wrapper includes a pre-installed Steam (though it's up to you log into your account) and an installed Wineskin engine that eliminates the random mouse click issue some Mac users have run into.

Steps for use:

1. Download and unzip the pre-built wrapper here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3677670/Eastside%20Hockey%20Manager.zip

2. Move the "Eastside Hockey Manager" app to your Applications folder through Finder.

3. Right-click on the program and select "Open". This is only necessary to do once, you can double-click it after the first run.

4. Wait for Steam to load and enter your username and password to login.

5. Download Eastside Hockey Manager through Steam. You can either purchase it here, on the website, or through the OS X client proper if you haven't already.

6. Enjoy!

Starting directly into EHM instead of Steam (optional):

1. Successfully run EHM through the wrapper at least once.

2. Right-click on "Eastside Hockey Manager" in Applications and select "Show Package Contents".

3. Double-click on "Wineskin".

4. Click on the "Advanced" button.

5. One the line it says "Windows EXE" (near the top), select "Browse".

6. Double-click on "Program Files", "Steam", "steamapps", "common", "Eastside Hockey Manager".

7. Click on "ehm.exe" and select "Choose".

8. Exit out of Wineskin and try running "Eastside Hockey Manager" again from your Applications folder in Finder. If successful, it should now load directly into EHM and keep steam in the background.

To get to the data folder to add logos, pictures, rosters, etc.:

1. Right click on the "Eastside Hockey Manager" app in Applications.

2. Select "Show Package Contents".

3. Select "drive_c", "Program Files", "Steam", "steamapps", "common", "Eastside Hockey Manager", "data".

I've been using this since release and it's been working wonderfully, so I thought I'd share a clean, untouched version with those wanting to use it on OSX.

As always, I can't predict how everyone's machine will handle the software, but I hope for most people it should be as easy as what you see above. I believe you need to be running Snow Leopard (10.6.8) or above, though I've only been able to test in on Yosemite.

i keep on receiving this error, whenever i try to start a new game, any ideas on how i can fix this http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o331/pezz5/Screen%20Shot%202015-04-09%20at%2012.27.06_zpsijcfbolh.png

does anyone know how to fix the above issue, really want to play this, and this is the only way to do so, seeing as it looks like a mac version it isnt forthcoming

no idea how to fix that, but I've been playing through crossover. You can do a trial for 2 weeks before buying.

does anyone know how to fix the above issue, really want to play this, and this is the only way to do so, seeing as it looks like a mac version it isnt forthcoming

Hrm, have you tried manually changing your resolution to 1024x768 before starting the game? This works for me at least, then it will switch to fullscreen after the error message and from there all is working fine.

Hrm, have you tried manually changing your resolution to 1024x768 before starting the game? This works for me at least, then it will switch to fullscreen after the error message and from there all is working fine.
how do i do this, sorry I'm a bit of a technophobe :(

i keep on receiving this error, whenever i try to start a new game, any ideas on how i can fix this http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o331/pezz5/Screen%20Shot%202015-04-09%20at%2012.27.06_zpsijcfbolh.png

I just got home from work and I'm going to try and recreate the issue. What year and model of machine do you have, and operating system version (Mavericks, Lion, etc.)?

I just got home from work and I'm going to try and recreate the issue. What year and model of machine do you have, and operating system version (Mavericks, Lion, etc.)?

cheers :), the year is 2014, operating system is os x yosemite, 10.10.3, mac book air

Ooh, does it?

All pretty straight forward is it? I'm a real noob to Macs so simplicity is important for me!

yeah it does, however I've noticed an issue, you can't respond to messages as the window doesn't fit my screen properly, don't know how to fix it, must be to do with the resolution

• 4 months later...

Archived