[FM15] Scotland - Full Pyramid System (formerly Highland & Lowland Leagues)

Which of the three files was the problem occurring with Morrissey? And which of the files in the OP have you updated? Cheers.

In the advanced rules, it was the standard Highland-Lowland and Multiple Competitions rules. It seems that the game grabs a random team for the playoff each time as a result of these, no matter what changes are made. Should *touch wood* be sorted now.

I've only updated the version 15.0.3 BETA, will update the other two this evening when I get a chance. :)

I had a wee look at your new beta, but the Caledonian League only has 6 teams and no promotion, and clubs like Lewis & Harris are just stand-alone, so I'll wait untilit's built up a bit more before testing.

This one is set up as in real life, so it'll be the other version you'll need if you want Shetland and Lewis & Harris included! As of this season, they participate in cups only, with a view to joining permanently next year (which would probably be too hard to code...)

In the advanced rules, it was the standard Highland-Lowland and Multiple Competitions rules. It seems that the game grabs a random team for the playoff each time as a result of these, no matter what changes are made. Should *touch wood* be sorted now.

I've only updated the version 15.0.3 BETA, will update the other two this evening when I get a chance. :)

Awesome, was going to start a save with version 2 (I want the East of Scotland League, not worried about the junior leagues), but I'll hold off until you've updated the file. Great work, by the way. Thanks.

This one is set up as in real life, so it'll be the other version you'll need if you want Shetland and Lewis & Harris included! As of this season, they participate in cups only, with a view to joining permanently next year (which would probably be too hard to code...)

Aye, sorry, i might be getting my knickers in a wee bit of a twist here. I'm currently playing your Highland and Lowland Leagues file (where as Strathspey Thistle I'm 4th from bottom so prolly won't have a problem with any play-off bug this season!) and am getting confused between that, your updates Pyramid file and LtCpl's 'reimagined' file! I'm just a simple soul, me!

Great database, will you be adding logo's aswell?

Yeah, already prepared a logopack for all the junior leagues & cups in addition to the ones in this beta! It'll be released when the file has been fully tested.

Version 2 now has the fix included, link will be updated in the OP shortly.

I'm a very slow FM player, and I've just completed the first season using the Highland and Lowland League file. My boys finally get the hang of my tactics and put in a storming run towin the Highland League, so now we're preparing for the second season in SL2.

The whole thing - play-offs etc went very smoothly. There's just one minor point that might not be an error at all - I feel gutted that I sent Queen's Park out of the league and they're now rightly in the Lowland League. Whitehill Welfare came bottom of that division and have got relegated, but the team that's replaced us in the Highland League is Civil Service Strollers who are based in Edinburgh. Is that a wee error, or are they actually more northern than any of the other Lowland clubs? I'd have thought Stirling University at the least is more northern.

Is anyone a few seasons into this file, having started in the Highland or Lowland league level? How are ye doing?

Does anyone have kits for the Highland and Lowland Leagues?

I used this site for Highland League kits. Not sure how up to date they are, although some of the clubs have different kits to when I last came across this page, so maybe they are up to date after all.

http://www.huntlyfc.co.uk/mediafiles/Graphics/kitgraphics/diagrams.html

After gaining promotion to League Two my board got a bit excited and wanted another promotion. I was one gane away from the sack in 9th place before beating 10th placed Montrose and then went on a wee bit of a run to end up 5th. My problem was a leaky defence but I think the 16 year old CD I discovered can plug the gap and lead me into the play-offs this season. It's a struggle -loving it (Oh and Queens Park won promotion and are now this season's favourites for the L2 title). St. Mirren are the Scottish champions by the way!

Hi Morrissey,

Great work... I happened across the leagues in Steam workshop and left my questions there re. play-off mix up - which from messages here appears to have been fixed. Was also wondering if the issues with some teams (my experience with Edusport) have no stadium assigned which often brings up incorrect text "#1stadium" in some news feed items and appears to affect attendances with pre-match reports say a number of tickets sold, then a visible crowd during the game only for the final gate to be given as "1" in the schedule/records pages.

Looking forward to the next updates. Will you also update to Steam?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=344950744

• 2 weeks later...
Version 15.0.3 - The Scottish Pyramid (w/ Junior Leagues below)

by Morrissey

I am currently working on this database, which will include the North Caledonian League and Scottish Junior pyramid underneath the existing full league pyramid. I've made this BETA file available for testing to make sure everything is working with the SFL2/Highland & Lowland League playoffs, and the newly-added North Caledonian League & Cups, before proceeding further. Please give it a go and feedback any faults/issues!

This is a work in progress. For a ready-made file, try the two previous versions below.

-------------------------------------------------

Version 15.0.2 - The Scottish Pyramid

by Morrissey

The 2014/15 season sees Scotland adopt a league pyramid system for the first time, similar to the English system - albeit with a more difficult trapdoor to sneak through to the professional leagues!

This update makes the Highland, Lowland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland Leagues fully playable, while adding some information to each new club. You can find a full list of the improvements via the link below. Also included in link 1 is an updated logopack, making sure that each new competition and playable club have real badges.

Can you lead a non-league side to the very top, now that the opportunity has been granted for the first time? Good luck! ;)

Download Link 1 (database + logopack)

Download Link 2 (only database) - Updated w/ fix!

Look out for version 15.0.3 sometime in December, which will add some of the more prominent junior leagues to the database!

-------------------------------------------------

Version 15.0.1 - The Scottish Pyramid

by Morrissey

The 2014/15 season sees Scotland adopt a league pyramid system for the first time, similar to the English system - albeit with a more difficult trapdoor to sneak through to the professional leagues!

This update makes the Highland and Lowland Leagues fully playable, while adding some information to each new club. You can find a full list of the improvements via the link below. Also included is a logopack, making sure that each new competition and playable club have real badges.

Can you lead a non-league side to the very top, now that the opportunity has been granted for the first time? Good luck! ;)

Download Link 1 (w/ Info)

Download Link 2 (Direct)

I currently only have FM14 at the moment and I am trying to fix the Highland-Lowland league play-off with Leagur 2 using advanced editor with no avail, could you advise me how you managed it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I won the lowland league and then the playoff but haven't been promoted. I am still in the lowland league is this a bug? Anyone else had this issue? Thanks

It has happened in my save to the Lowland league winner, even if they beat the Highland league team in the promotion playoff, the Highland League team will always play the League Two club. It's stopped Queen's Park from getting back to the SPFL for four seasons now.

It has happened in my save to the Lowland league winner, even if they beat the Highland league team in the promotion playoff, the Highland League team will always play the League Two club. It's stopped Queen's Park from getting back to the SPFL for four seasons now.

Didn't happen in mine though. QP got relegated first season, bounced back and have got promotion every season since.

Didn't happen in mine though. QP got relegated first season, bounced back and have got promotion every season since.

I remember you posting that earlier, so obviously it's not as simple as a wrong setting somewhere. I wonder what became of the OP? He hasn't been on the forum since Christmas Eve . . .

So is there a consensus on whether promotion in version two works properly? I am thinking of starting a new game tonight.

I think the consensus is that you might have it work, you might not :p I would still go ahead with it, because I have enjoyed it a lot in spite of the bug. I would like to see QP get back, as they are dominant in the South of Scotland league every year, but outside of that it is a good file. The cup comps are nice. Just play in the Highland League to be safe :D

Great work here, I love how you have not tried to change league structures etc like a lot of other Scottish edits but just recreated Scottish football as it is. Really looking forward to the release of the Junior leagues so I can manage my team Hill O Beath

Here we go.

HIGHLAND LEAGUE KITS CONFIG FILE

Click on the above link to view the file and select the download button in the top right hand corner and save it in the same folder as your highland league kits. Start up FM, preferences, interface, clear cache and reload skin. Voila.

Thanks amigo! It's nice to have graphic kits when playing the game. Personally I find it gives it a more realistic feel :)

Is anyone else wondering why this Huntly FC would have FM style kits on their website tho? :lol:

Thanks amigo! It's nice to have graphic kits when playing the game. Personally I find it gives it a more realistic feel.

No problem. Agree it does add more realism to have the correct kits. Shame I haven't managed to track any Lowland League ones though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
I essentially gave up with this out of sheer frustration, there is an error in the game which always makes the Highland league team go through from the promotion playoff. I've tried literally everything.

Think I'll wait for FM16 and get this done (inc juniors) as soon as it's out - unless SI roll out a fix, or I stumble upon a solution.

Looking forward to it- This and EEE are the necessary add-ons for me to have the best gaming experience.

• 1 year later...

Archived