4-3-3 SchemeServe (FM15)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so interestingly with the current 15.1.3 version I made a second version with subtle changes to player instructions. LOL, turns out those changes match the instructions for 15.1.1. I prefer higher tempo, high pressing and working ball into the box.

Ed - you using 15.1.1 without changes?

Been trying this tactic today... it's very good, almost too good!

Changed to it after the season started, so it's still not fluid, but results so far are great.

SSsk1Rs.png

laAMM04.png

I've changed both defensive and offensive corner settings and I sometimes use a different tactic to shut up shop, but that's about it.

messing around with Atletico Madrid and tried out this tactic, pre-season was average, draws against weak sides, opening match got hammed 6-0 by Real Madrid in the Super Cup

probably tweak the tactic a little before giving up on it

i'm reloading the Real Madrid match and making little tweaks to see if it can be improved, but so far still get spanked. using a default 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 formation usually gets a better result.

So 15.1.1 still works? I found it doesn't.

It started to fail for my Arsenal game in my 3rd season when the 15.1.3 hit, it was fine in 15.1.1 when I finished 2nd twice in a row with Arsenal (it actually played better with mentality on overload than control where I'd have a lot of possession but had trouble scoring goals), 15.1.3 was a disaster though, finished 6th with an improved squad!

I could not get the steam thing for the 15.1.3 to work, eventhough i can load the 15.1.1 without a problem.

So decided to replicate it according the OP and i must say it works really really well. Im in my 3rd season and have used the tactic to get promoted to serie B with Benevento --> Got offered a job at West Ham (championship) and got them promoted to premier league --> Got offered a job at Man Utd (17th place after 5 games in) and sitting comfortably on 1st place with a 5 pnt lead in januari. Won Man City away with 1-3, Chelsea home 3-0, Tottenham home 5-0.

The trick for me was replacing the current players with players more suitable for the roles. Allthough its hard to find a realy good Box to Box midfielder, since all the really good ones like Pogba and Vidal are 70 mil +. Sold Fellaini, Bradley (yeah man utd bought him and i was able to sell him to Real Madrid, hows that for a career boost) and bought Verratti for the roaming playmaker role and Tielemans for the Deep lying playmaker. Lets see how that goes.

I just started to train players some PPM's so am looking forward to see how much affect those have.

For me, this tactic is the only tactic that gives me consistent results.

Been trying this tactic today... it's very good, almost too good!

Changed to it after the season started, so it's still not fluid, but results so far are great.

SSsk1Rs.png

laAMM04.png

I've changed both defensive and offensive corner settings and I sometimes use a different tactic to shut up shop, but that's about it.

What match engine you playing on?! You must be the only person still seeing this kind of dominance if you're on 15.1.3.

messing around with Atletico Madrid and tried out this tactic, pre-season was average, draws against weak sides, opening match got hammed 6-0 by Real Madrid in the Super Cup

probably tweak the tactic a little before giving up on it

i'm reloading the Real Madrid match and making little tweaks to see if it can be improved, but so far still get spanked. using a default 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 formation usually gets a better result.

Alas, I think the tactic has seen better days. I've worked on it since 15.1.3, but nothing seems to stick.

What match engine you playing on?! You must be the only person still seeing this kind of dominance if you're on 15.1.3.

It doesn't happen every match.. mostly home games where the opponent sit back. The corner settings I use also end up with a lot of shots. Most are blocked or saved, but some go in.

Stats in the last 5 games

Gladbach - Leverkusen

Result: 1-2

Shots (on target): 14-17 (6-9)

CCC: 2-3

HC: 3-7

Leverkusen - Braunschwieg

Result: 4-0

Shots (on target): 29-3 (11-0)

CCC: 1-0

HC: 11-0

Leverkusen - Hertha Berlin

Result: 4-0

Shots (on target): 27-6 (12-3)

CCC: 2-1

HC: 4-1

Leverkusen - Arsenal

Result: 2-0

Shots (on target): 22-6 (7-2)

CCC: 6-1

HC: 5-0

Frankfurt - Leverkusen

Result: 2-2

Shots (on target): 10-16 (4-9)

CCC: 2-1

HC: 1-5

I think this tactic is extremely good if you are favored to win, and especially at home. Away from home and/or against a better side I would not risk using it. The two centerbacks are very exposed if the other team tries to attack you and have the quality to do so.

I've had a good season with Arsenal using 15.1.3. Missed out on the league by a single point to a massively dominant Chelsea, won the FA Cup but got knocked out of the CL by Bayern. I had a 16 game winning streak too.

For me it has all to do with team talks and i always set OI's. Also i change from controlling to Attacking mentality during a game when its needed. With this i manage to scrope a lot of 1-0 home wins with Man utd against the likes of Norwich and QPR who only defend. I also make a lot of early substitution (50th minute) when i see a player underperforming. I found out that if a player misses a lot of chances in the first half then there is no way in hell he is going to score in the second. So i often substitute players during half time. For example: Rooney sometimes misses everything --> sub in van persie. If di maria and mata are underperforming on the wing (rating 6.3-6.7) after the first half, i substitute them during the break.

I often have subs winning me games.

Also always do your own pre match press conferences. I truly believe they can contribute to more wins, especially against relegation fighters. I always try to position myself in the underdog role, without overdoing it.

All of the thing i mentioned above are an addition to a tatic. For me FM15 has more than ever before become a game of managing players and press en team morale.

It is an excellent tactic, and working well for my Hartlepool side, I just can't stop conceding from crosses and corners

Are there anyway to stop this via tweeks using this tactic?

Try this for defensive corners

FBs: Mark post

CBs: Mark Tall

MCs: Mark box zonally

Remaining three; One of each: Mark box zonally + edge of the area + stay forward

As for crosses I have not really seen that happening much in my games, but I would suggest you make a tactic to defend leads and churn out wins in difficult away games. On extended highlights you can quickly spot who has the upper hand, so make adjustments accordingly.

Can someone provide a link to download version 15.1.3?

I subscribe in the steam workshop, but nothing seems to happen. I can't find the tactic to import under manage tactics, and it's seemingly nowhere on my hard drive.

I'm bummed because this looks a lot like the kind of football I want to play. Thoughts?

I subscribe in the steam workshop, but nothing seems to happen. I can't find the tactic to import under manage tactics, and it's seemingly nowhere on my hard drive.

I'm bummed because this looks a lot like the kind of football I want to play. Thoughts?

This. I can't access it through steam.

It didnt work for me either, but what i did was replicate it based on the OP's post.

This doesn't work for me. About 20 games in, fluent with the tactic, good players that should fit perfectly and all I do is draw. I anhialate teams, create countless chances, miss countless chances and then they have a shot and score. And thats only in the games where I dominate, which isn't nearly often enough. This is a very flawed tactic but with great potential I think. Thanks for the effort.

I want to post a quick thank you for this tactic. I was struggling to create a effective tactic with wingbacks and wingers so i downloaded this one and made some little adjustments to make it fit my players better. I completely cakewalked the Dutch First division with Sparta, and I'm now 4th in the Eredivisie after a very promising start.

LH3ZA27.png

Only downside is that my striker gets outperformed in goals by the two wingers who cut inside when the wingbacks move up the field. But I guess that's how the tactic is supposed to work.

Have just finished my first season with this tactic in League one. Suits my team perfectly

SkyBetLeague1_OverviewProfile_zpsd4a9df41.png

Will Keane nailed it as my false nine

WillKeane_OverviewAttributes_zpsb58a9cba.png

Overall squad ratings

Squad_PlayersPlayers_zpsbe22f494.png

Well over 50 goals between the inside forwards and ramdeuters, and one of my center backs hit double figures from heading in set pieces. Be interesting to see how we fair in the championship

Hi Guys,

Great job! I played the tactic for one season with Man Utd, and the results were simply brilliant! over 20 points over second Chelsea. But there's an issue now. I've just began my second season and things have changed into worse. My team lost it, I got defeated by Tottenham home, and lost 4-0 against Rome in away game, and also noted a couple of poor performances. Any clues? Anye help? My team even didn't change much, apart from getting Nani back, selling Valencia and purchasing a handful of young talents.

this tactic is okay at best. It delivers some decent results against the average/poor teams but against the better sides it's shocking.

I just tested it against Man Utd in a league game at Old Trafford with a pretty poor/average QPR side. I re-loaded the game file 8 times and played the match 8 times, every time I got absolutely thumped (5-2, 7-0, 6-1, 5-0, 5-1, 6-0, 7-1, 5-0) despite trying some different combinations of players. The defending from corners is absolutely atrocious. As much as I appreciate that my team is not a very good one you'd expect to maybe get close to putting up a fight in at least a couple of those games but they didn't.

Playing against the other teams delivered some results but created very few chances, I think this tactic would keep a side up by performing against the average teams but I'd advise against using it when playing the big boys as you'll get absolutely spanked. I'm going to find another tactic but thanks for the effort on this

this tactic is okay at best. It delivers some decent results against the average/poor teams but against the better sides it's shocking.

I just tested it against Man Utd in a league game at Old Trafford with a pretty poor/average QPR side. I re-loaded the game file 8 times and played the match 8 times, every time I got absolutely thumped (5-2, 7-0, 6-1, 5-0, 5-1, 6-0, 7-1, 5-0) despite trying some different combinations of players. The defending from corners is absolutely atrocious. As much as I appreciate that my team is not a very good one you'd expect to maybe get close to putting up a fight in at least a couple of those games but they didn't.

Playing against the other teams delivered some results but created very few chances, I think this tactic would keep a side up by performing against the average teams but I'd advise against using it when playing the big boys as you'll get absolutely spanked. I'm going to find another tactic but thanks for the effort on this

It WAS epic, the most recent patch murdered it.

Archived