4-3-3 SchemeServe (FM15)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after a few friendlies I realised something was up (that hellish, needless patch), so after updating to the 15.1.3 tactic version I went back to my previous autosave.

15.1.1 tactic post-patch - Finland 1-1 Wales

15.1.3 tactic post-patch - Finland 0-4 Wales

Cheers guys!!!!

I'm Wales btw!

For anyone having trouble with Workshop

1. if you have subscribed - unsubscribe

2. load up fm 15

3. click on downloads at bottom

4. click on steam workshop

5. search for the downloads you want

6. this is when you subscribe, it will load for a while

7. load your game or start a new game and check it.

For anyone having trouble with Workshop

1. if you have subscribed - unsubscribe

2. load up fm 15

3. click on downloads at bottom

4. click on steam workshop

5. search for the downloads you want

6. this is when you subscribe, it will load for a while

7. load your game or start a new game and check it.

that never worked for me, i tried multiple times .... in the end i used the link that AllInAll gave, that worked perfectly

So after a few friendlies I realised something was up (that hellish, needless patch), so after updating to the 15.1.3 tactic version I went back to my previous autosave.

15.1.1 tactic post-patch - Finland 1-1 Wales

15.1.3 tactic post-patch - Finland 0-4 Wales

Cheers guys!!!!

I'm Wales btw!

And now it's P10 Lost 8!!!

Such a shame. The 15.1.1 was some of the most fun I've had on FM, albeit brief,

No worries though, ive tested many, none of which have come near.

SI = Guardiola - turning the game from fun to an obsession

Although I see alot of positives with this tactic, the amount of injuries I get during the game! Coupled with the ridiculous amount of times I concede goals to crosses makes we want to chuck my PC through the window! One example was Liverpool away. lost 3-1 (i'm Villa), 64% possession, 22 shots on goal, 11 on target. Liverpool had 4 shots on goal, 3 on target! All scored by Balotelli who slotted home crosses that Roberto Carlos was incapable of pulling off! I just can't enjoy a game that has so many fundamental errors!

You all know that when the next patch drops (and it'll be a big one) then this tactic is going to have to evolve again. Judging by feedback, SI acknowledge a fair few of the defensive bugs and player (lack of) movement.

Just hope that it settles and that every patch that follows doesn't 'break' tactics.

Just wanted to say well done to EdJames and evertonmarc (and anyone else that had input into this tactic), I have been trying (and failing) to play exactly this way since I started a new game on FM15.

Although in the OP it was stated to do it with very specific players e.g. high work rate etc - I am doing a journeyman save so I'm pretty limited in my resources but still enjoying using this tactic. I am currently managing Ribeirão in the Portuguese 3rd Division so obviously I cannot match the attributes required to make this work exactly as it should but I am hoping to tweak it slightly (feel free to input on this anyone ;-) )

I have only played a few matches (5 or so) and had mixed results (see below):

1st game - Drew 1-1 (home)

2nd game - Won 4-2 (aet) (away)

3rd game - Won 4-0 (away)

4th game - Lost 3-1 (to top of the league) (home)

5th game - Won 4-2 (aet) (away)

I haven't got the possession stats etc with me (at work) but I have always dominated (usually over 60% but always over 50%) and pass completion in excess of 75% all the time.

In away matches have set mentality to Counter and where I am clear underdogs I also drop the defensive line deeper as it appeared that long straight balls were just sailing through.

So basically as I said this was just to say thanks and well done and as I hadnt seen anyone using this tactic in lower leagues - thought I would share my results.

The only tactics which is still working out for me in a close to perfection way after latest patch (last 2 results 0-6 away against Inter and 6-1 to Juve at home, i manage Roma and dominating serie A) is Zero Sea Athena's ones. I post this here because i know the creator of this thread is active on the forum were i found Zero Sea tactics and not to promote a tactic rather than another. Actually i prefer much more EdJames tactic for the players i have in Roma and was using it with success before patch partially killed it. Maybe Ed could give a fast peek to the other tactic and get some usefull hints to bring back the old results. Would really love to go back using this tactic successfully. Anyways still a great thankyou to who puts time and dedication in making these tactics and thus making us enjoy the game even more !

A question if I may. The philosophy of the team using this tactic is set for Control. My Villa side of no hope in hell of controlling play against any of the big boys in the BPL. Would you recommend maybe dropping to counter and hoping to use the pace of the wide players and F9 to exploit the back as they push up?

Just wanted to say well done to EdJames and evertonmarc (and anyone else that had input into this tactic), I have been trying (and failing) to play exactly this way since I started a new game on FM15.

Although in the OP it was stated to do it with very specific players e.g. high work rate etc - I am doing a journeyman save so I'm pretty limited in my resources but still enjoying using this tactic. I am currently managing Ribeirão in the Portuguese 3rd Division so obviously I cannot match the attributes required to make this work exactly as it should but I am hoping to tweak it slightly (feel free to input on this anyone ;-) )

I have only played a few matches (5 or so) and had mixed results (see below):

1st game - Drew 1-1 (home)

2nd game - Won 4-2 (aet) (away)

3rd game - Won 4-0 (away)

4th game - Lost 3-1 (to top of the league) (home)

5th game - Won 4-2 (aet) (away)

I haven't got the possession stats etc with me (at work) but I have always dominated (usually over 60% but always over 50%) and pass completion in excess of 75% all the time.

In away matches have set mentality to Counter and where I am clear underdogs I also drop the defensive line deeper as it appeared that long straight balls were just sailing through.

So basically as I said this was just to say thanks and well done and as I hadnt seen anyone using this tactic in lower leagues - thought I would share my results.

Thanks for the input mate!

Great tactic, well played mate. it was similar set up to one i started myself but yours destroys mine in every department.

I have tinkered around with it on my Chelsea save which I started on the Beta version and seem to have stemmed the flow of goals being conceeded. Yes, i am playing with Chelsea but in my first season i conceeded 50 prem league goals! The difference, I dropped the middle CM back into a deep lying playmaker, defend, (Matic) and it seems to have tightened things up for me. He quite often drops between Cahill and Terry to make a 3 when in possession and it has cut out a lot of errors at the back. Terry's stats have improved since i changed this, no idea why.

i have also removed shorter passing from the team instructions but made no changes to individual instructions.

Great tactic, never enjoyed a new FM so much.

I'm going to blame the ME.

I score to make it 2-1 in the 90th minute and in the next attack they equalise. I had 30 shots, 14 on target. They had 9 and 5.

5 games played at home, 2 wins and 3 draws. Draws all 2-2, equalising goals in 85th minute onwards.

Away record, won 4 out of 4.

edit: Also lost 1-0 to Barca away with a 84th min goal. Was an epic game (even at 0-0 for most of it), but they broke through in the end. Although this games narrative was more accepting as I found my team defending like warriors for most of the game until they sneaked in a late goal.

Yeah. Got the same problem.

Likewise. Absolutely killing me with goals in the last 15 mins.

I also don't want to totally blame the ME, but I regularly have 65% + position, create 25 chances of which half are on target and score once or twice. I've got Jordan Rhodes up front in the Championship so he shouldn't be as bad as he is. Just baffling.

Great for attacking football, but concedes a lot of goals, particularly in the dying minutes. Have some very weird results over a season with Spurs now, like 6-6 against Man Utd, 3-3 against Swansea when I was up 3-0 with 14 mins remaining, 3-3 against Forest (same scenario as Swans) etc. Could be that the tactic is too player dependent.

After a while I ticked "work ball into box" to prevent the long shots, it worked sort of.

If...*if* my team put away half the chances they got in games, conceding last minute goals wouldn't be of consequence. 500+ completed passes, 60% possession, yet in some games the difference is a single goal. Might be down to personnel. Then again, the players missing the chances are more than capable goal scorers. Maybe guilty of looking for long shots rather than looking for a threaded ball.

If...*if* my team put away half the chances they got in games, conceding last minute goals wouldn't be of consequence. 500+ completed passes, 60% possession, yet in some games the difference is a single goal. Might be down to personnel. Then again, the players missing the chances are more than capable goal scorers. Maybe guilty of looking for long shots rather than looking for a threaded ball.

Got the same issues. Mostly in away games I find it difficult. At home not so much problems... But awaaay. Jeebus save me. The team can manage 20 shoots on goal , 10 CCC and then maybe 3-5 halfchances. And still loose by 1. Against Burnley. Or Q.p.R.

Sure I´m Arsenal and they dont have the strongest team. But come on?

I'm struggling a little bit with Arsenal (a happy coincidence I found this thread after staring blankly at the squad for a bit) and the late goals are making me pull out of my hair. However, some of the attacking player is the best I've seen in any FM game by far - superb stuff. For everything else I'm going to blame the match engine and/or Szczesny.

KUTGW.

Played 1st season with Everton using the tweaked tactic. Finished 2nd in PL and won the UEFA Cup! My only signing was Ron Vlaar for GBP4.5M

----------Lukaku------------

McGeady------------Mirallas

--Barry-McCarthy-Barkley--

Baines--------------Coleman

-------Vlaar--Jagielka-------

----------Howard------------

Can someone explain to me why in the OP its recommended that your back 4 has the PPM tighter marking amongst other PPMs but not instructed to tighter mark in player instructions etc

Likewise with roaming playmaker and B2B mid with move into channels and other players and PPMs

A version of this - It has 2x AP's in the midfield and a MC, and is very hig pressing, high tempo, just won me 5 trophies in season 2 of my Spurs game. I basically won everything i was in! Which was fun! I havent dont that since way back when Diablo was a thing. In season won I struggled to beat the best teams, but in seaon 2, after a some good signings I blew teams away. I might upload it later on, if its any good with other teams, since I think I did change a few things around.

A version of this - It has 2x AP's in the midfield and a MC, and is very hig pressing, high tempo, just won me 5 trophies in season 2 of my Spurs game. I basically won everything i was in! Which was fun! I havent dont that since way back when Diablo was a thing. In season won I struggled to beat the best teams, but in seaon 2, after a some good signings I blew teams away. I might upload it later on, if its any good with other teams, since I think I did change a few things around.

Cracking achievements mate! Looking forward to seeing your work hopefully.

Also - general question to everyone - if you have both 'play into space' and 'work ball into box' as selection instructions, is there a tangible conflict? I've had both selected in the past and it's worked but wondering if anyone can offer some astute analysis on it has a detrimental impact?

Want to share it? Would love to try it for my team. :)

I dont want to give it a new thread since it isn't "original".... But here it is: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=342759903

My all conquering lineup was:

Lloris

DC: Shawcross /Balanta (Kaboul and Fazio arent bad at all!)

WB: Corchia and Digne (although Walker and Davies does fine)

AP's: Eriksen and Pereyra (Paulinho does fine)

mc/d:Dembele

IF's: Lamela and Depay

S: Kane did surprisingly well, Soldado and Giovinco. I bought Bacca for a ton of money, but he lost the space to first Kane, then when he slowed down, Giovinco took it.

You are going to need plenty of cover for the stars, since they run like maniacs for 90 minutes. Most players can do 25-30 games a season.¨

Expect tons of shots, not a whole lot of CCC's but goals galore!

Good luck!

I dont want to give it a new thread since it isn't "original".... But here it is: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=342759903

My all conquering lineup was:

Lloris

DC: Shawcross /Balanta (Kaboul and Fazio arent bad at all!)

WB: Corchia and Digne (although Walker and Davies does fine)

AP's: Eriksen and Pereyra (Paulinho does fine)

mc/d:Dembele

IF's: Lamela and Depay

S: Kane did surprisingly well, Soldado and Giovinco. I bought Bacca for a ton of money, but he lost the space to first Kane, then when he slowed down, Giovinco took it.

You are going to need plenty of cover for the stars, since they run like maniacs for 90 minutes. Most players can do 25-30 games a season.¨

Expect tons of shots, not a whole lot of CCC's but goals galore!

Good luck!

This is the same as the 15.1.1 and beta version of the tactic to be fair...

Archived