4-3-3 SchemeServe (FM15)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What've you tweaked and with what intention?

I dropped the DM(d) down to the DM slot, changed one of the playmakers to a roaming playmaker and put a Ramdauter onto the wing. It's a good tactic, I'm walking the league but that result was disappointing

I dropped the DM(d) down to the DM slot, changed one of the playmakers to a roaming playmaker and put a Ramdauter onto the wing. It's a good tactic, I'm walking the league but that result was disappointing

Dropping the MC to DMC tends to close up the two MC's so I'd recommend against it and his (D) mentality should already have him scott back into the DMC position anyway.

Not tried the roaming playmaker but no reason that wouldn't work though the tactic relies on strict positioning so roaming roles contradict it.

I don't like Raumdeuters in it as they detract from the team ethic and they spend long periods of the game ineffective thus lowering possession and passing.

Just my two cents, but glad it's working for you.

Dropping the MC to DMC tends to close up the two MC's so I'd recommend against it and his (D) mentality should already have him scott back into the DMC position anyway.

Not tried the roaming playmaker but no reason that wouldn't work though the tactic relies on strict positioning so roaming roles contradict it.

I don't like Raumdeuters in it as they detract from the team ethic and they spend long periods of the game ineffective thus lowering possession and passing.

Just my two cents, but glad it's working for you.

We were getting hit on the counter a bit and it seemed to solidify the defence.

Ramdauter worked really well, always on the last defender and was my top scorer for a while, before injuries

Roaming playmaker was nice because he played like a supercharged box to box midfielder, scoring and assisting a fair amount. A bit of tactical anarchy, would often arrive late into the box and score

We were getting hit on the counter a bit and it seemed to solidify the defence.

Ramdauter worked really well, always on the last defender and was my top scorer for a while, before injuries

Roaming playmaker was nice because he played like a supercharged box to box midfielder, scoring and assisting a fair amount. A bit of tactical anarchy, would often arrive late into the box and score

May give the roaming PM a go...

Lost 4-0 to Stoke with my unbeaten Liverpool team after the full release and haven't really played since then because it feels "impure" to play one save on several versions of FM15. One game does not make a summer, but reading these forums make me feel that I will wait for some stronger tactics to be released to play around with and tweek.

Are the discussion regarding this tactic now on version 15.1.1 571183 (m.e v1531) ?

Lost 4-0 to Stoke with my unbeaten Liverpool team after the full release and haven't really played since then because it feels "impure" to play one save on several versions of FM15. One game does not make a summer, but reading these forums make me feel that I will wait for some stronger tactics to be released to play around with and tweek.

Are the discussion regarding this tactic now on version 15.1.1 571183 (m.e v1531) ?

Yes, this is for the latest version.

What happened in the defeat to Stoke? What sort of goals did you concede? Were your players fit? Did you dominate possession? Was your passing accuracy poor?

If you can offer more information on the manner of the defeat, perhaps we can look to help.

I started a new save with Marseille and will report back the results. So far, so good. Let us hope it will hold up consistently.

Update: 6 games in, 5 wins and 1 draw. 16-2 in GD, so just two conceded. I have not really played great teams though (Bastia, Montpellier, Guingamp, Nice, Evian and Rennes).

Tactic started well enough for me, won a few in a row, but have now lost all consistancy WLWLWL in league :(. Most the games I lose I have more shots, just cant score. Starting to fall away from top 3.

Are you shooting from distance too often due to stray PPM's?

What's the match analysis pointing to?

I started a new save with Marseille and will report back the results. So far, so good. Let us hope it will hold up consistently.

Update: 6 games in, 5 wins and 1 draw. 16-2 in GD, so just two conceded. I have not really played great teams though (Bastia, Montpellier, Guingamp, Nice, Evian and Rennes).

Let me know howitzer goes during your tougher games.

Seems to be an odd glitch.

Try going into manage tactics, click import, choose the tactic, import it and then you'll see it doesn't show up.

Go to the window on the right and just move the position of any player. Now click on the tactic top left and you should see the imported one at the top of that popup.

Anyone who is struggling to import the tactic... just do this and it worked a treat for me!

Ed, could you advise preferred Southampton's line-up within your set-up with current players? (and guide which positions need strengthening in your opinion...)?

GK Forster

DC BUY HERE

DC Fonte

WBL BUY HERE

WBR Clyne

MCL Cork

MC Schneiderlin/Wanyama

MCR Davis

IFL Long

IFR Ward-Prowse

F9 BUY HERE

GK Forster

DC BUY HERE

DC Fonte

WBL BUY HERE

WBR Clyne

MCL Cork

MC Schneiderlin/Wanyama

MCR Davis

IFL Long

IFR Ward-Prowse

F9 BUY HERE

Thx a lot...

Bertrand not good enough?

I also bought Peruzzi actually - him or Clyne in near and longer future?

JWP in AMR!!?? He's been good in MC actually so far. Tadic/Mane (and Long) in wings, no?

Pelle not suitable in F9?

It's probably because you're playing the wrong players in the wrong roles. Falcao should be nowhere near this tactic due to his workrate and determination

Not mocking in any way, but Falcao has managed this for me with your tactic - http://imgur.com/RJjPDLz

He broke Dennis Violett's 1959 scoring record by early February ;-)

Other than that, love the tactic - some issues with having 25-30 shots with 4-5 on target (i'm looking at you Di Maria) and i've been trying to get rid of Rooney as he doesn't fit anywhere, but overall fantastic work. Alessandro Florenzi has been utterly phenomenal in the right MC position. You have our thanks.

Ed, decided to have a mess around game with Manchester United and I wondered if I could bother you for recommendations on the United squad?

Not that you asked me (and apologies if i'm butting in), but i've just finished the first season with this tactic for United, coming 2nd to a rampant Chelsea. 5 players in Team of the Season, Players Player award, Young Player award etc. So I can say to an extent who worked for me in this tactic? Sure Ed will come up with some better ones, but for the sake of it...

You'll struggle to attract quality, as they've undersold how much players might want to join United (Falcao, Di Maria IRL for instance). But of my signings;

Michael Bradley - on loan with option to buy for 6m, actually excellent. Kept Herrera out for at least half the season, and that was playing in one of the attacking MC slots!

Giovinco - 2.7m. Very decent backup, works well in the left-sided IF position. Weighs in with a number of goals.

Vertonghen - 21m. Brilliant - Team of the Season, absolute rock alongside mainly Evans, occasionally Jones/Balanta.

Florenzi - 15m. Can't recommend enough, Young Player of The Season in the RMC position, with a 7.73 over 31 games and 15 assists.

Alvarez Balanta - 6.25m. One for the future, but very solid when played.

Lucas Romero - 6.75m. As above. Going to be brilliant, done well when called upon.

Munir - 10.25m. Another future buy, but one i'm a little less sure about. Doesn't seem to fit into the tactic that well.

Ross Barkey - 15.25m. January signing, done very well but not played enough due to Florenzi/Herrera/Bradley form.

Thx a lot...

Bertrand not good enough?

I also bought Peruzzi actually - him or Clyne in near and longer future?

JWP in AMR!!?? He's been good in MC actually so far. Tadic/Mane (and Long) in wings, no?

Pelle not suitable in F9?

JWP has all the stats to make a far better IF than CM in this formation. Bertrand fine, but can do better. Mane doesn't have the determination or workrate to contribute as he should to the high pressing

Pelle is unlikely to fulfil the F9 role as intended in this tactic.

Not mocking in any way, but Falcao has managed this for me with your tactic - http://imgur.com/RJjPDLz

He broke Dennis Violett's 1959 scoring record by early February ;-)

Other than that, love the tactic - some issues with having 25-30 shots with 4-5 on target (i'm looking at you Di Maria) and i've been trying to get rid of Rooney as he doesn't fit anywhere, but overall fantastic work. Alessandro Florenzi has been utterly phenomenal in the right MC position. You have our thanks.

Ozil did similar for me and he's lazy as you like.

I'm less convinced the F9's workrate is as important as other positions.

Ed, decided to have a mess around game with Manchester United and I wondered if I could bother you for recommendations on the United squad?

Just put the players with the highest stats across the attributes specified in my introduction into each position. You don't need me to do that for you.

I'm in middle of Jan, lost 3 (away to gooners and Man city both 3-2) and Chavski at home 1-0. I'm 4th currently but with games in hand due to participation in world club championship. Depay is on fire, since your modifications this does seem more stable defensively kutgw :thup:

Yeah sadly Ed I have to agree, I had a decent pre season with your tactic, then I've come on tonight to play my first games v Millwall and the mighty Scunthorpe, I'm Leeds by the way with a couple of Wingers brought in for IF, got beat 3-1 with roughly the same Possession and chances created, then surrended a 2-0 lead to lose 4-2 against Scunthorpe, again close stats again against a team in the division below.

It's a shame cause, before the patch the tactic showed some really good signs with some beautiful football played but as someone mentioned earlier, of the 7 goals conceded 5 of them were from crosses - apparently Leeds have the 4th best heading in the league as well.

I'm sure you will work something out Ed though.

Which version is this tactic working best on? I'm on 5.1.1 and after strolling through pre-season I'm now struggling with Arsenal;

0-1 v Man C (Community Shield)

3-2 v Stoke (PL)

1-1 v Standard (CL qualifying)

0-3 Man U (PL)

2-0 v Standard (CL qualifying)

Using Ozil in the F9 position - 4(1) games - no goals - 6.68 rating

Going to persevere and see what happens.

Archived