FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job Nick.

I have noticed something i dont like this year...

for three years running i have been given these fixtures in the CL after the group

Barca then PSG(once it was Monaco still french though) then Real Madrid then who ever got to the final.

Repeat much?!

Good job Nick.

I have noticed something i dont like this year...

for three years running i have been given these fixtures in the CL after the group

Barca then PSG(once it was Monaco still french though) then Real Madrid then who ever got to the final.

Repeat much?!

I tend to play Shakhtar every year.

Hey guys, just finished the 1st season. I didn't sell anyone, just only bought Jack Butland, finished 3rd in PRM and reached into FA final (Lost to Chelsea). I'm about to start the 2nd season, anyone tries Gundogan ? I just offer 24 mil for him and Dortmund accepted, prob just depends on him now. Is he worth signing ?

How the hell can you continually lose a game to the only shot a team has against you in this game!!

1 shot in total against me and they score

Me 35 shots 18 on target 5ccc and still we lose

I just had one of those. 1-1 away at Newcastle they had 3 shots, 1 on target and 34% possession. I had 8 CCCs. At one point, Sturridge was clean through and put his shot closer to the corner flag than the goal. I hate blaming the game, but it is so frustrating.

Edit: Doesn't matter, Utd lost at Southampton in the late KO so I stay top. I love this game.

I just had one of those. 1-1 away at Newcastle they had 3 shots, 1 on target and 34% possession. I had 8 CCCs. At one point, Sturridge was clean through and put his shot closer to the corner flag than the goal. I hate blaming the game, but it is so frustrating.

Edit: Doesn't matter, Utd lost at Southampton in the late KO so I stay top. I love this game.

Annoying thing is I don't mind losing a game but just hate these type of results. 2/3 of them every season either a 1-0 defeat or a scabby draw

Hey guys, just finished the 1st season. I didn't sell anyone, just only bought Jack Butland, finished 3rd in PRM and reached into FA final (Lost to Chelsea). I'm about to start the 2nd season, anyone tries Gundogan ? I just offer 24 mil for him and Dortmund accepted, prob just depends on him now. Is he worth signing ?

Can be good, but very injury prone so I've stayed away from him.

I started a Liverpool save. I just got through the pre-season and played a couple of BPL games already.

I've bought Munir, Jesus Vallejo, Lucas Romero and Mattia De Sciglio. I've sold Borini and Johnson. In my shortlist as future potential signings I have the likes of Rudy, Valdes, Caulker, Balanta, Lucas Silva, Will Hughes, Ward-Prowse, Deli Alli, the 2 Bilals, Carlos Fierro and Berardi. But I'm open to suggestions. I'm playing a 4-3-3 tactic that is more like a 2-3-2-3 but morphs into a 3-4-3 at times:

o6i2CXf.jpg

G4AjDOd.jpg

It uses a Standard Mentality and Very Fluid Team Shape. It also has a bunch of PIs for each role/position but I won't bother with those unless someone wants to know more details.

The season started with a home game vs Man United. The first half went well, scored a goal (Coutinho), controlled possession, Rooney got sent off in the 43rd minute and then Di Maria left injured right at the 45th minute. But then in the second half, out of nowhere, RVP struck a free-kick very hard and Dede scored from a rebound. Sturridge was playing poorly (6.4 rating) so I decided to bring on the new signing and wonderkid Munir. Boy, did he make me look like a genius.....10 -15 minutes in and he makes a beautiful cross field lob pass to Sterling on the left side, who is left with nothing but to finish past De Gea. After another 10 minutes or so, Munir decides to score himself by dribbling into the penalty area and scoring with a low shot at the near post. And then in the dying minutes of the game a perfect counter-attack ends with Baloteli unselfishly (!!!) laying a perfect pass to Munir to finish of a nice team move. Needless to say the kid was POTM.

Next game is away to Leiceter, who got killed 7-0 by Man City in the opening game. I'm up 3-0 but I get sloppy with my game management and they score two goals, but I still win 4-2. Who scores the goals? Sturridge, Steerling, Munir and Baloteli.:D I know with this tactic my front three will score goals.

I was struggling with tactics, so I started to use this and now getting mostly better results. Please post your player instructions :)

Finally finished my first season.

Won the PL on goal difference ahead of Chelsea. Was a tight race where we had to win our last game against Villa. Gerrard scored 1-0 on a penalty but then both Flanagan and Sakho got red cards but we managed to hold out and won the league in our first season.

Won CL after beating PSG in the final 1-0, after a goal by Ayew. Beat Monaco in the semi and Arsenal in the quarter.

Lost FA-cup final to Chelsea 0-1 and got knocked out early from the LC by Arsenal.

First XI last season:

GK: Valdes

DR: Johnson/Flanagn

DC: Sakho, Skrtel

DL: Moreno

DM: Gerrard

MC: Henderson, Romero

AMR: Sterling/Sturridge

AML: Coutinho/Ayew

ST: Sturridge/Balotelli/Munir

OR playing 3-4-2-1

DC: Sakho, Balanta, Skrtel

DM: Romero, Gerrard/Henderson

MR: Johnson/Sterling

ML: Ayew/Moreno

AMC: Coutinho, Sterling

ST: Sturridge/Balo/Munir

Transfers so far:

PSG made a 43 mil euro bid for Romero that I couldn't turn down, brought in Kranevitter for replacement, and Arsenal offered 40 mil for Balotelli who wanted to leave. Don't really need a replacement for Balo with Origi returning.

IN:

Scuffet - €27 mil

Kranevitter - €7.5 mil

Odegaard - €1.9 mil

Eric Boateng (a regen my HOYD bought) - €1.1 mil

OUT:

Romero - €43 mil PSG (spread out over 12 months and league games)

Balotelli - €40 mil Arsenal

Mignolet - €9.5 mil Monaco

Coates - €2.6 mil Stoke

Lambert - €700k Swansea

Pre season about to begin and will try to offload more players (Johnson, Lallana, Aspas, Alberto, Yesil etc.)

Looking to bring in a DR as I'm getting rid of Johnson and not trusting Flanagan with his high aggression (stupid red cards that almost cost me the title) but not sure who yet. Would also need a back-up for Moreno but pretty sure Can can(!) do the job.

Tried to get Henderson to sign a new contract but he wants €155k/w! No way he's getting that! After long negotiations with his agent I offered 125k/w as a non-neg. offer but he refused. Will try to offer him a new one later this season but no way I'll go above 125k/w.

Got a regen through the youth intake whom my coaches say could be one of the best of his generation. A right winger with 4-5 star potential. Pretty excited.

EDIT: Nicola Leali was without contract so signed him as a back up on a €19k/w contract. With him and Scuffet I now have my GK set.

Looks like I might finally win the league, in my 3rd season. Currently 3 points ahead of Utd with 7 games left, but they have ECC and FA Cup. I have neither.

I have decided I hate 2-legged ties on this game. Way too many massive swings. This time it was against Real Madrid in the 1st KO stage. I beat them 1-0 at Anfield. Went to the Bernabeu with a tried and trusted, defensively solid 4-1-4-1 and was 5-0 down in 40 minutes. Ended up losing the game 6-2. It's especially disappointing because I'd had two consecutive semi-finals and was trying to get out coefficient up because we had 3 tough groups in a row. Never mind.

Just beat Swansea 7-0, DStudge getting 5 of the goals to take his league tally to 15 from 23.

I have a few promising young players coming through the u18s and u21s now, looking to blood them in next season. Already started with Harry Wilson after I recalled him from a shambles of a loan spell with Fulham, where he played 3 games in 5 months despite them telling me he would be a key player. He's done well for me, with 2 goals and 3 assists from 6(4) games. Also gave a few games to a 16yo Portuegues left back because Moreno was injured and he did surprisingly well, but he's back in the u21s for now because I only have one game a week for the rest of the season so he probably won't play.

And I got a potentially world class keeper from Brondby in my youth intake this season, so I'm hoping to wrap the league early to give him a couple of games.

Finally, trying to offload Lovren, Balotelli, Florenzi and Bender in the off-season. They're all being tracked by clubs but I can't get any offers in. I've never been good at selling players, any advice?

Just had an offer for Danilo, €22 mil, accepted but he wants really high wages. The lowest I could get him to accept is €100k/w and €5 mil sign on(!) Is he really worth that much? I do need a RB.

EDIT: I've sold Aspas, Assaidi and some others so have sold for €100 mil so far this summer.

Have a bid accepted for John Stones now for €46 mil (with clauses). Should I go for it? Could also get Saúl for €30 mil or Ruben Neves for €21 mil.

Just had an offer for Danilo, €22 mil, accepted but he wants really high wages. The lowest I could get him to accept is €100k/w and €5 mil sign on(!) Is he really worth that much? I do need a RB.

EDIT: I've sold Aspas, Assaidi and some others so have sold for €100 mil so far this summer.

Have a bid accepted for John Stones now for €46 mil (with clauses). Should I go for it? Could also get Saúl for €30 mil or Ruben Neves for €21 mil.

Should be able to get stones for cheaper than that. I prefer chambers from arsenal. Cost about 25m

Neves is well worth the money but I think you can loan him for a season. Gives you time to decide then

Should be able to get stones for cheaper than that. I prefer chambers from arsenal. Cost about 25m

Neves is well worth the money but I think you can loan him for a season. Gives you time to decide then

Yeah deicided it was too much and cancelled all those transfers. Been trying to get Chambers but Wenger won't sell. Unsettled him though so hopefully I can get him later.

Have a €60 mil bid for Alaba accepted now :)

EDIT: Alaba signed a new contract with Bayern instead.

So far I've sold for €104 mil and bought for €39.2 mil.

But can't really find anyone I want/need to sign...

first season brought in horn and balanta won the PL lost in the final of the FA cup and got to the last 16 of the CL got beat by Chelsea. only player i sold worth any value was enrique.

second season brought in a some youngsters patrick roberts, zivkovic, hadzikic and odegaard. sold aspas borini coates and toure. 16 games into the 2nd season and im 2nd in the league two points off chelsea, won all CL group games. need a back up left back as moreno seems to be getting injured a lot as well as sturridge cant play two games without an injury

Yeah deicided it was too much and cancelled all those transfers. Been trying to get Chambers but Wenger won't sell. Unsettled him though so hopefully I can get him later.

Have a €60 mil bid for Alaba accepted now :)

EDIT: Alaba signed a new contract with Bayern instead.

So far I've sold for €104 mil and bought for €39.2 mil.

But can't really find anyone I want/need to sign...

Yeah I had that same issue, mainly with fullbacks. Eventually I just settled for Alex Silva as a short term right back, only cost about 5M and retrained Can to left back.

Emre Can has become one of my favourite players. Absolutely beast of a man and ridiculously versatile. Even after 3 years as a regular (25+ starts) he is happy to sign a new contract on just £48.5k. With Henderson and Kovacic, he has formed the best midfield in Europe. All three are incredibly physical and complement each other perfectly in terms of their tactical strengths and different playing styles. The front 3 is picked from Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Origi, Wilson (developing nicely), Markovic and Balotelli (looking to sell him in the summer as he has slipped way down the pecking order in the second half of this season).

I have Luka Jovic and Kristoffer Ajer joining in a few weeks, and I'm still looking for takers for Bender and Florenzi. Lovren has agreed to join Inter for £12.5m, which I'm happy enough with. I'll have Sakho, Balanta, Wisdom, Darmian, Emre Can and Ajer at CB, although Sakho, Balanta and Wisdom are the only ones I consider to be proper CBs.

Despite having my promising Portuguese LB to back up Alberto Moreno, he is only 16, and so I'm considering trying to bring in a top quality LB as it's the only position I don't have a 3* player in. My scouts only rate Alaba and Asamoah that highly. I'm not interested in the likes of Gaya or Silva because I really want a finished product here, to hold the position until Rosalino is good enough to push Moreno out of the picture.

I ended up winning the leagues with 3 games to go, put together an amazing run of 10 wins, powered by Sturridge's 12 goals, after my humbling at the Bernabeu. Last game of the season is at Goodison, both relieved and disappointed that it didn't go down to the wire. Next season I have to challenge in more competitions. I fell at the the first KO hurdle in every cup competition this season, which no doubt contributed to our league success.

My 2nd season so far:

Player in: Gundogan, Eder Balata, Michael Frey.

Player out: Lucas Leiva, Borini, Aspas, Glen Johnson, Toure, etc.

Result (End of January 2016): 5th place in PRM (8 pts away from No.1, and a pt away from No.4), reach into the final Carling Cup (Will meet Chelsea), destroyed Valencia and Sampdoria in CL group, still stand 2nd behind Bayern. Gundogan and Michael Frey have proved to be quality signings. Balata is good too but he got injured like 3,4 times already.

Im trying to improve the defend and the finishing; team scored about 69 and got 34 goal against, in some match we got 20 shots but only have 1 goals. Any tip guys ?

Meet the new Invincibles:

AlPIqjz.jpg

TmiNye3.jpg

plus the missing ones at the bottom

ELoVmcS.jpg

And here are the overall player stats for the season (Ruddy was bought just after the season had ended)

8Qn5gw1.jpg

Sterling won the FWA Footballer of the Year, while Coutinho won the PFA Player of the Year award and Munir got the PFA Young player of the Year award. Munir also won the European Golden boy award.

Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, Henderson and Sakho were selected as starters in the BPL team of the season, while Mignolet and Munir were amongst the substitutes.

to be continued.....

......there is more

I also had a great Champions League campaign......and won the damn thing!

6ra4YPz.jpg

Not only I beat Bayern M twice in the group but also twice in the semi-finals....*gasp*

I almost won that second leg vs Man City, was up 2-1 but let it slip.

Here is how the FA Cup campaign went:

hk2AoHj.jpg

Won that competition too....quite happy with that 3-0 trashing of Chelsea at their stadium!

Capital One Cup:

eKesS2X.jpg

It didn't go that well and I suffered my only lost of the season in any competition - 0-2 to Tottenham (but I got my revenge in the FA Cup semi-final!).

Overall, it was a great season and I'm looking forward to number 2. I know who I would like to sell but I got to figure out who to buy.

I was struggling with tactics, so I started to use this and now getting mostly better results. Please post your player instructions :)

GK: roll it out, distribute to center backs, pass it shorter, fewer risky passes

DC: pass it shorter

WB: shoot less, dribble less, pass it shorter, stay wide, close down much more

HB: shoot less, pass it shorter, fewer risky passes

CM: shoot less, dribble less, pass it shorter, cross less, roam from position, close down much more

RMD: shoot less, more risky passes, close down much more

DLF: shoot less, pass it shorter, move into channels, roam from position, close down much more

You can make a few adjustments though. For example, if you want more passing (aka tiki-taka to the extreme) you can give the RMDs and DLF "dribble less". On the other hand you can give them "dribble more" if you want more individual play to break defenses down. Sometimes if things aren't going well I change to using 2 IF-attack and/or F9 instead. Other adjustment I make is to give "get further forward" to one of the CMs or to simply give him an Attack duty. Occasionally I may change the HB to a different role - Ive used DM-defend/support and DLP-defend.

Season 1 review

A domestic treble was claimed

LC was won with an extra time 4-3 victory over United

FA cup we won 3-0 against Norwich

PL had the tightest finish in its history with 3 teams level on points but we clinched it by 3 goals more on GD

Champions league was a qtr final knock out at the hands of Real Madrid 4-3 on agg which was respectable

Now onto the summer where I plan to revamp the team and clear out a high number of players

GK: roll it out, distribute to center backs, pass it shorter, fewer risky passes

CM: shoot less, dribble less, pass it shorter, cross less, roam from position, close down much more

DLF: shoot less, pass it shorter, move into channels, roam from position, close down much more

You can make a few adjustments though. For example, if you want more passing (aka tiki-taka to the extreme) you can give the RMDs and DLF "dribble less". On the other hand you can give them "dribble more" if you want more individual play to break defenses down. Sometimes if things aren't going well I change to using 2 IF-attack and/or F9 instead. Other adjustment I make is to give "get further forward" to one of the CMs or to simply give him an Attack duty. Occasionally I may change the HB to a different role - Ive used DM-defend/support and DLP-defend.

Thank you :)

Decision to be made

Southampton were relegated. Can get ward-Prowse but would need to allow Stevie to go and sell suso

Haven't had Ward-Prowse but Suso is really good in the game. But don't know how much use you've had of him. Suso can be used as a CM as well though.

Haven't had Ward-Prowse but Suso is really good in the game. But don't know how much use you've had of him. Suso can be used as a CM as well though.

Think I'll leave stevies deal to run down. Slight thrown on Suso, can play CM and AMR and so can ward-Prowse who has better deadball stats

Do you use the shorter passing even in bad weather?

Archived