ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredible stuff smp20. I lost my Obolon safe (actually all my saves) when I upgraded Windows. Started again in Scotland with Clachnacuddin, but I don't know how much I will play this save.

Incredible stuff smp20. I lost my Obolon safe (actually all my saves) when I upgraded Windows. Started again in Scotland with Clachnacuddin, but I don't know how much I will play this save.

It actually might not be lost. Check under your C: drive for a folder named 'Windows.old' then navigate trough the documents folder and it should be there

Cheers guys. I'm now 2 and a half seasons on from the last post. Joel Page is now a ''wonderkid'' and I've won the Champions League twice in a row. I managed to get Chris Coleman sacked and took over Wales. Ended up winning Euro 2028, shame my son has decided to play for England. I've done something naughty, I signed a player from man city, a welsh youngster who looks amazing, for £35m.

Sn00gle - here's the system and the team instructions. My favourite tactic now :)

Clachnacuddin - League 2 - Season 2015-2016

Predicted: 10th

Actual finish: 3th and promoted after play-offs

Games

Play-offs

Scottish cup

League cup

Challenge cup

Youth intake: forgot to take screenshot

Robbie Calder (YP1a): DL, 5*

Jamie Mackay (YP1b): MC, 5*

Dougie Duke (YP1c): ST, 4.5*

Allan Johnstone (YP1d): MC, 4.5*

Finances: Made a little profit.

Sorry for the short post, but don't have spirit to do a bigger update.

Still don't have much time for my Aris save, but I saw this earlier today and thought this group would enjoy it:

http://www.espnfc.us/team/romania/473/blog/post/2582155/gheorghe-hagi-viitorul-academy-future-for-romanian-football

Hi Manutd1. Yes ive read about this also, looks quality and a real life version of this challenge.

Im into 2033 now in this save. Ive started buying Welsh youngsters however...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I've been following this thread, while doing the challenge myself without updating you on my progress. Currently 11 seasons deep, and i've started noticing a trend in the player interaction system. Every time a player comes to me asking to leave, I can just tell him: " No, im afraid you'll just have to concentrate on playing football, because I will reject any bid for you."(something may be lost in translation here, as I'm not playing with english language). Anyhow, every time I say this the player is happy with it, and wants to stay at the club. I'm managing in Norway, and rejecting bids from all the big leagues(PL, la liga, serie a, etc.)

So, is this something you guys have noticed as well? And can it be considered a bug?

I'm craving a bit more adversity, as right now I get to keep every player I want, without any hassle.

linning89 - In Sweden, I found that telling them they "would not get enough playing time" also worked quite well, but only to a point. Once the player got old enough and/or had a high enough reputation, if they wanted to move, it was basically going to happen. The easiest time to re-sign them if/when that occurred was in May, at the end of the CL campaign. Our reputation and their good feelings about the club were great, unless they felt they'd accomplished everything they could.

All told, it seemed to be a function of their age/reputation and, most importantly, their hidden ambition stat. It's pretty much gospel that, with high ambition, the player is more likely to want to leave.

• 4 weeks later...
ri916 appears to be banned. Anyone want to take over the posting of the FM16 version? If nobody objects or puts their hand up I'll probably kick it off tomorrow.

Beat me to the exact same post :):thup:

Happy to run it, help run it, simply participate in it - just let me know

(Ran holiday seasons in two 'new-to-me' countries and now taking a peek at new clubs that pop up!)

I'm happy to let you put it up if you have time before I do. Pretty busy today which is why I was going to wait until the weekend. :)

Just hoping I can get further before burning out than I have the last two years this year. Thinking I'm going to kick off in Scotland.

I'm happy to let you put it up if you have time before I do. Pretty busy today which is why I was going to wait until the weekend. :)

Just hoping I can get further before burning out than I have the last two years this year. Thinking I'm going to kick off in Scotland.

You should better finish your saves this year. I've waited for months for another update on Histon. Even started a save with them myself hahahaha.

You should better finish your saves this year. I've waited for months for another update on Histon. Even started a save with them myself hahahaha.

Got busy with various stuff IRL plus was feeling burnt out with the grind up so many levels in England. After being away for a couple of months a patch had been released and the prospect of trying to adjust to it straight away I just couldn't be bothered with. :(

• 5 months later...

Hey, maybe i could revive this thread, i'm thinking of doing this challenge. I have doubts on which team to choose, I came up with these ideas:

RW Essen Maybe the "easiest" choice: 20000 seater stadium, good facilities. Also a "return to glory", because they won the Bundesliga in the 50s.

FC United Already done by others, but this team inspires me. But they also are suited for a dafuge challenge ;)

Saturn, in Russia. Maybe no one tried Russia yet? Difficult, as the facilities are very poor (there are better choices, but I like "the aliens")

Biancoscudati Padova Big stadium, very poor attendance..and i have to find kit and logo :p

I hope no more ideas comes to my mind overnight :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, maybe i could revive this thread, i'm thinking of doing this challenge. I have doubts on which team to choose, I came up with these ideas:

RW Essen Maybe the "easiest" choice: 20000 seater stadium, good facilities. Also a "return to glory", because they won the Bundesliga in the 50s.

FC United Already done by others, but this team inspires me. But they also are suited for a dafuge challenge ;)

Saturn, in Russia. Maybe no one tried Russia yet? Difficult, as the facilities are very poor (there are better choices, but I like "the aliens")

Biancoscudati Padova Big stadium, very poor attendance..and i have to find kit and logo :p

I hope no more ideas comes to my mind overnight :rolleyes:

I would go for RW Essen or Padova in that case.

A final update with my Cove Rangers save: after 20 years with the club, I am calling it quits. The best I could do was maintain Ladbrokes 1 status with Ladbrokes 2 part-timers. I was firmly 8th in my final season with little prospect for sudden improvement. While I learned a lot about training from this, I think I'll move on to a game style where scouting matters (although still starting in the lower leagues).

A final update with my Cove Rangers save: after 20 years with the club, I am calling it quits. The best I could do was maintain Ladbrokes 1 status with Ladbrokes 2 part-timers. I was firmly 8th in my final season with little prospect for sudden improvement. While I learned a lot about training from this, I think I'll move on to a game style where scouting matters (although still starting in the lower leagues).

It's indeed a very hard challenge. I always try this type of game but I'm not that succesfull at it (nevertheless I think keeping your job is a good achievement as well in this challenge). A nice suggestion is to extract this challenge a bit. Where you play with a lower league team but only possible to sign players from the region your team is in. It makes that you're able to do some transfers but on the other hand you don't have massive options to strenghten your team and this makes that you keep a strong focus on youth development. It's a kind of game I really like to play and I still see it as a reasonable challenge.

Archived