ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge

Great challenge guys.

I've won the Premier League with Weston Super Mare via the conventional route but its getting boring now as i can sign world class players for fun.

Think i will re-start and have a go at this, my worry is even though i've been with WSM for 17 seasons, we have £100m in the bank the board have flat out refused to improve my youth level/youth training even once in my time here despite multiple requests.

My premier league academy is full of conference players with league 1 potential at best.

Am i missing something here?

Thanks

+ Any tips ??

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done on promotion ManUtd1 - it was a great read. Your youth intake looks very good too!

Mr U Rosler - If you have the philosophy of develop players through the youth team there shouldn't be too many problems. I've managed to get upgrades to my junior coaching budget generally twice a season, once through the board and the second through negotiating my contract. I won't sign a new contract until they agree to increase it (though i'd only do this with high job security and only up until the last month of my contract).

Bartrcm - thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing your youth intake.

yr87C2z.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet Academy Graduate Report

Tony Wood 16A (224 appearances, 104 goals)

Attributes ~ Report ~ First Screenie

Dean Moss 16B (175 appearances, 85 goals)

Patrick Nyarko 16D (150 appearances, 3 goals)

Kevin Davess 17A (166 appearances, 6 goals)

Samuel Addai 17B (28 appearances, 0 goals)

Jason Jones 17C (145 appearances, 12 goals)

Allan Burton 17D (138 appearances, 7 goals)

Abdullahi Oseni 18A (97 appearances, 8 goals)

Sulieman Junior 18B (2 appearances)

Simon Lamb 18D (79 appearances, 0 goals)

Attributes ~ Report ~ First Screenie (not available)

Brandon Stephens 18G (23 appearances, 1 goal)

Attributes ~ Report ~ First Screenie (not available)

Fresnei Ngoyi 19A (60 appearances, 22 goals)

Jonathan Lewis 19B (20 appearances, 2 goals)

Appearances and goals correct on 22nd Sept 2020, screenshots taken in June 2020

Manager Profile

smp20 - It must be nice to have those 2 strikers, I'm in a standstill until I can get a decent striker and CB. (Although in 2 years I've gotten 6 or 7 Cms)

Neither of them started out as strikers, Woods was an AMC and Moss was a ML. Re-training players is key in a save like this!

Good point, I'm in the middle of retraining a Wide Target Man into a striker, but he's taken almost a year and is still awkward in ST.

It'll be down to their versatility and how often they are playing in the position - some of my players will take just just a few months to naturalise a new position. Others took up to 18 months.

Real-SC.png

Real SC

2015-2016

First Stage (no picture, but we finished 1st) | Promotion Stage | Youth Candidates

After an eternity I finally got around to organizing and posting pictures (unfortunately some of them didn't work and had to be deleted)! So in the first season with Real SC we managed to finish 6th out of 8th in the Promotion stages after finishing 1st in the First Stage.

Tagged Youth

Many of our youth looked good with 5* potential, but I only tagged these 3

Paulo Pina (01a)

Joao Pedro (01b)

Rodolfo Teles (01c)

Nice season overall this year, for next year I'd like to win the First Stage again and see wherever the Promotion Stage takes us. I'd also like to see our players develop more (Paulo Pina looks to be a great talent)

Hopefully should have a 2nd episode up in a few days, and until next time, thanks for reading!

Good first season, with the league structure it looks like its a difficult league to get out of. Paulo Pina looks like a cracking prospect.

Agree with the league structure. Only 3 out of 80 or so teams get promoted. Hopefully by the time I get promoted I'll have a strong enough team to take on the 2nd division.

yr87C2z.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet 2020/21 Season

League Table ~ Domestic Cups ~ Europa League ~ Transfers ~ Facilities ~ Youth Intake ~ Best 11

We made it to the Premier League! Our young squad looked good for a play-off space throughout the season but we did one better and pipped 2nd place. We even managed the double over champions Brentford including the 6-0 victory mentioned earlier. Another good run in the FA Cup, this time knocked out by Spurs in a replay. We gave it all we had in the Europa League but ultimately came bottom of the group, despite a win against eventual finalists Sevilla. Apologies for the brief update but I am far too engaged into playing my first Premier League season! My aim is to do everything I can do stay up, relegation is not an option in my eyes. Its going to be tough. Before I go I want to introduce you to our best prospect through the ranks - George Allen 21A who has the potential to be a leading Premier Division midfielder. Other products of note were Kerem Kacir 21B and Will Smith 21C.

Agree with the league structure. Only 3 out of 80 or so teams get promoted. Hopefully by the time I get promoted I'll have a strong enough team to take on the 2nd division.

And I thought the Conference was tough to get out of, best of luck!

Excellent work smp20! I'm extremely jealous, especially of Allen. Not to mention how quickly you're barreling through seasons!

Crazy league structure, Gato! Looking forward to the next update.

I'll likely will have an update tomorrow. I'm in early July 2016, finally finding my stride after a tactical tweak.

Quick questions guys,

I started a game in CLASSIC mode taking Maidstone but it seems i can't influence the Club Philosophy under classic mode not even when i sign a new contract.

I got them to upgrade youth training facilities on day one, but i'm worried as i get further into the save it will stifle my progress.

Anyone doing this on CLASSIC??

Thanks ManUtd1 & Gato, I'm really looking forward to developing George Allen. He is now touted as "potential to be a world class midfielder" :)

It's been an FM heavy weekend, but I'm back to work tomorrow and will be spending some time with the wife so my pace will slow down somewhat. Really into this game though, my fave on fm15 so far.

Mr U Rosler - I'm not sure if this challenge is meant to be done on FM Classic; I wouldn't recommend it either as you have so much less control over player development, training etc.

Thanks ManUtd1 & Gato, I'm really looking forward to developing George Allen. He is now touted as "potential to be a world class midfielder" :)

It's been an FM heavy weekend, but I'm back to work tomorrow and will be spending some time with the wife so my pace will slow down somewhat. Really into this game though, my fave on fm15 so far.

Mr U Rosler - I'm not sure if this challenge is meant to be done on FM Classic; I wouldn't recommend it either as you have so much less control over player development, training etc.

Thanks for that, will re-start on full game. I like Maidstone, nice crowds of 2000 for conference south and a local'ish club to me as well, will try and get them again.

Assi - First Division Elite - season 2019

Predicted: 16th

Actual finish: 11th

We did it. We stayed up. But this step up was actually hugh. My first win came at Hacken, the team that would win the league. We had a couple of good results this season, but also a couple of bad losses. But I have fait that our last youth intake will help us next season to get a top-10 finish. The previous levels I needed Always 2 years to go up, but I think I will need 4 years at least to go up to the Premier division.

This season I had the fastest hattrick ever I think. One of my youngsters only needed 3 minutes to complete his hattrick!!! Just insane.

Games:

Cup: We made it again to the group stage that will be played next season. This is the group we've got.

Last season cup group stage ended like this. We won 1 game and finished 3th

Youth intake: Like I allready said in a previous pos, my best yet. 6 Players with a 5* potential (First division Elite potential)

André Ström (YP5a): DR that I dropped immediatly in the starting 11. Allready played 7 senior games.

Kalle Berggren (YP5b): DL that also played 7 senior games this season

Pierre Berg (YP5c): AMC that made his debut in the last game of the season.

Ervin Nadarevic (YP5d): MC, maybe get some game time next season, because my other MC's fail to meet my expectations.

Leo Widmark (YP5e): another DC. Don't know if he get some game time because I have at least 4 DC's that are as good as him or better. I'll try to get a affiliated team to loan him out.

Patrick Johansson (YP5f): same as Leo Widmark.

Transfers: None

Finance: For the first time I could gain some money during the season without investments of the board. After the season I could upgrade our trainnig facilities, but failed in upgrading my youth facilities. Also increased junior coaching.

Goals last season:

Survive: SUCCES

Goals next season:

Top 10 finish

Get another striker in the youth intake.

Nice work, gentlemen. Good luck reloading Mr U Rosler.

I feel your pain, smp20. Married with kids, hard to find time to play these days, and FMC doesn't feed the drive to play. I'm about to wrap up my second season. Epic. I'm writing my update as I play through. It will definitely be up late this evening, my time.

yr87C2z.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet 2021/22 Season

League Table ~ Past Positions ~ Domestic Cups ~ Facilities ~ Finances ~ Transfers ~ Best 11

Youth Intake ~ Sansom 22A ~ Brooks 22B ~ Beecroft 22C ~ Goodwin 22D ~ Ngombo 22E

End of an Era

Henry-Francis ~ Stenning ~ Morrison-Derbyshire ~ Amofah ~ Overall Best 11

A quick update from me as I am busy this evening - my FM marathon is going to slow down! I'm very happy with my first season in the Premier League. We managed to finish 12th despite looking like we'd be in a relegation battle based on our early season form. Finances are looking fantastic due to our very small wage bill and the enormous TV money deal. Facilities are getting towards a very high level and they will continue to have money thrown at them. We made it all the way to the League Cup Semis, but we were knocked out by Liverpool over two legs. We say goodbye to some of our old players for good now, they've been great servants.

smp20 Yeah, once you hit the premier league your finances are pretty much sorted. And to continue my unjustifiable rant about the Portuguese lower leagues, the cup competition prize money doesn't help at all for the finances. For making it to the quarter finals last year (remember I'm still in the 3rd division) I got about 30k prize money TOTAL. If I don't get promotion soon my finances will screw me over.

12th in your first season is a huge achievement, smp20. Congrats!

Just need to upload images from my second season tonight. Epic. Easily the most memorable season I've had on FM/CM. I've been writing the recap while playing through, so you'll see why.

Real-SC.png

Real SC

2016-2017

First Stage | Promotion Stage (I need to get this picture stuff figured out, we finished dead last) | Youth Candidates | Transfers

Another season, another First Stage where we absolutely dominated the other teams, and another Promotion Stage where we lost our form. It's starting to become a regular occurrence now. With our finances as declining as they are, unless something big happens our facilities will never get better and we'll be in a standstill. I really need to at least improve our position next season as we really need some more youth improvements, money, or something! Oh, and on an unrelated note, when I made the pitch short, this is not what I was expecting.

Tagged Youth

Tagged 5 different players this time, a lot of defensive players is good, because my best CB retired at the end of the season.

Rafa (02a)

Carlos Ferreira (02b)

Daniel Santos (02c)

Nélson Ferreira (02d)

Thierry Fernandes (02e)

Overall, my goal is to reach the playoffs for promotion, but I don't know if that is going to be achievable, thanks for reading and wish me luck!

OK,

Restarted on Full Fat mode and have taken Dorchester who are in a pretty bad way and 2000-1 for promotion and therefore hot favourites for relegation.

Couple of questions, I only have 1 striker and 1 centre back and 14 players.... when can i expect my first youth intake??

Is there any point in recruiting scouts as we're not signing anyone?

Thanks

1st youth intake in the lower leagues you might get lucky and have probably a 25% chance to get a player who can be a star in your team within the next year, but you're probably expected to get around 5 players with 5* potential, good enough to play in your squad in 1 or 2 years. Regardless, if you can stay up in the 1st season, you should be fine.

In regards to scouting, I didn't hire any scouts to save money, but if you have the finances a scout or two might be useful for scouting next opposition or giving opinion on your current players (if you don't already have a staff member with good JCA + JPA)

Hope that helps!

IFK Malmö

wylEiAW.png

2016 Review

First Division South

And so it begins again. The offseason has treated us relatively well, with a new kit sponsor at $26.19k/year instead of $24.35k/year. That being said, we lost 130k over the course of the 2015 season. That isn’t going to cut it. I’m hoping that we’ll attract some additional season ticket holders to offset the revenue problems (hah!).

One month away from expiry, our captain and leading goalscorer, Ramadan, still won’t sign a new contract. Neither will Mravac. This is a problem. Sure, Mravac is a walking yellow/red waiting to happen, he’s also a mainstay of our back line. Ramadan is also our primary free kick taker, even if he is more likely to brain a seagull in flight than hit the back of the net from 20 yards. Like I said, this is a problem. But there’s nothing to be done. They won’t even enter negotiations.

For some reason, Sudic has taken a similarly strong line. Sudic. The man who lost his spot in the side to an untested 16 year old. We’re not good enough for you? Wind your neck in, son.

The consensus media prediction is that we’ll finish 14th, and the oddsmakers put us at 200-1 to win the League. I tell the Board we’ll avoid relegation. Now whose neck needs minding? The supporters seem encouraged, as we sell 185 season tickets this time around (up from 146).

The supporters’ confidence is buoyed by a 5-match unbeaten run to start the season. Our quality is definitely lacking early doors, and we’ve primarily been setting up to contain he opposition instead of controlling the match. Our loss of Ramadan is also being keenly felt, and I’m praying for a true striker. Thankfully, retraining others is going well so at least I have options if not natural forwards.

8 matches in, and we’re sitting 11th with 9 points (1 win, 6 draws, 1 loss, 5 goals both for/against). We’ve obviously been solid at the back, but have offered next to nothing going forward. I’m going prematurely grey trying to find a way to create some attacking threat...with various tactical tweaks floating around in my head. The 9th match sees us lose for only the second time, but drift into the relegation zone. So, I decide to implement a more direct, asymmetric 4-4-2 as an alternative to our counter/contain 4-3-3 setups…resulting in a 3-3 draw away to fellow relegation candidates FC Trollhättan in the next match, having given up a late equalizer. As always, it hurts to give up a lead late, but the positive is that we actually had some attacking intent.

And then more headache…Fredrik Johansson (15A) is out for 3-4 months with a torn hamstring. Not good at all. Göran Andersson (15D) to fill in.

We set out against fellow strugglers Uddevalla in our asymmetric 4-4-2…and pull off a 2-0 win. Is this sheer luck? 5 goals in 2 matches, after 5 in our first 8? A silver lining? A false dawn?

Confirmation comes in the form of a 3-0 home win over then-2nd place Trellborgs, which sees Di Gule rise to 7th in the table at the start of July. And the season finally feels like it is beginning…

Then, Dennis Johansson (15F) goes out for 3 months with a hip injury…but our shift to a 2-man central midfield pairing should help keep things balanced.

Late July saw our inability to score return in the First Round of the Swedish Cup, and we went out 0-0 (8-9 pens) to Höllviken. Not our best day.

Late August, Nenad Eminovic (15E) goes out for 3-4 months with a torn hamstring. We also get out first international call-up, with Ervis Kaçi (15I) called into the Albania u19s. He ends up playing the final 18 minutes of a 4-0 win over Gibraltar.

End of August, the Youth Intake arrives. Again, I’m extremely happy. Forwards, some central midfielders and defenders. Huge depth added here, that should allow me to push for promotion in 2017 if a miracle doesn’t happen this season.

Speaking of which, with 6 matches left, we’re sitting 6th – 7 points off the top, 4 points off a playoff spot, and 7 points clear of the relegation zone. The run-in should be interesting… Fredrik Johansson (15A) isn’t quite back from injury yet; Dennis Johansson (15F) and Nenad Eminovic (15E) are still out as well. A 3-0 thumping of FC Trollhättan gives us hope, especially when virtually everyone above us drops points. Now sitting 5th, 4 points off the top with a late September visit to league-leading Ängelholm still on the cards. It can’t happen. Can it? Ängelholm has managed only 1 win in 5…in other words, it ain’t over ‘til the fat lady in a Viking helmet sings. Being in Sweden, though, perhaps we should revisit that saying…

We smash Sleipner 4-1 (away) to move into 3rd, but Ängelholm and Trellborgs both win. So, we’re still 4 points off the top, 2 points off a playoff spot. 4 matches to go. We’re away to front-runners Ängelholm next. Time to step it up.

Erik Hagsell (15C) is suspended for the match, having picked up a yellow the weekend before. Revenge is on the cards, as they beat us earlier this season at Malmö Stadion. Andreas Lindström (16D) hits the bar in the 20th minute, as we control the early portions of the match. A flurry of action in front of our goal minutes later, with the ball pinging around the box like a pinball on crack…wild clearance from Vincze and the pressure is released. Ängelholm begins to assert some control and score in the 35th. Gutted. Can we respond? Pode saves on a through ball in the 38th. Suddenly, our dreams of a late title charge are looking rather naïve, indeed. We give up a second goal in the 42nd after Ekstrand (15J) is arguably fouled in the build up. The ref waves play on. Naïve, at best. We walk out fired up, ready for the 2nd half and hopefully a better showing. Lindström (16D) forces a save in the 48th, winning a corner. Wasted. Frustration seems to be the watchword today. We continue to press, but risk giving up a 3rd on the counter. Jonas Tursic (16B) is clean through in the 68th and comically puts the ball out, almost for a throw in. That has to be it.

And, then, majestically… Lindström (16D) feeds Pagasic through in the 70th. 2-1. This isn’t over yet.

Tursic (16B) continues to ensure the long-term employment of agile, local ballboys, sending another shot comically wide in the 72nd.

A flurry of action off a corner… the ball pinging around … PENALTY TO MALMÖ IN THE 75TH. Ervis Kaçi (15I) steps up and buries it!!! All to play for!!!

A clever through ball to Tursic (16B) leads nowhere…but Lindmark (15H) regains possession and quickly hits Lindström (16D) near the top of the Ängelholm box, who slips it to Pagasic…3-2!!!! Calls for offside are ignored. Play quickly resumes and Pode comes flying out of his box to clear…straight to Ängelholm, who bury it in the 86th. 3-3. Kadhum has picked up a knock in the build-up. Utter and complete madness. Tursic (16B) does his best Bambi on Ice routine in the box…the judges give him an 8.2.

But before the laughter can die down … REDEMPTION THY NAME IS TURSIC (16B). In the 92nd minute, as we pump ball after ball into the mixer…a miracle. 4-3. His first senior goal. Appeals for offside are again waived off. One final push from the home side, and the referee calls it. Incredible.

We’re 2 points off Trelleborgs at the top, 1 point off Ängelholm and the playoff spot with 3 matches left: away to Uddevalla, home against Linköping City, and away to Trelleborgs.

We thump Uddevalla 5-2. Trelleborgs and Ängelholm leave it late but manage to win. 2 matches left.

We pull off a solid 2-1 win over Linköping City in front of 315 fans in our last home match of the season, and Ängelholm smash Trelleborgs 3-0 to create havoc at the top of the table. We’re now 1 point off automatic promotion, and 1 point above Trelleborgs for the playoff spot. Lose next week and we’re 3rd. A draw and we’re in the playoffs. A win is not out of the question, but we would need Ängelholm to drop points away to 7th place Norrby to gain automatic promotion.

Jimmie Ekstrand (15J) is out for the trip to Trelleborgs, with a twisted knee. Ervis Kaçi (15I) is suspended after accumulating 6 yellows. Dennis Johansson (15F) will return in midfield, with Martin Ingelsson getting one last attempt to impress (I’ve all but decided not to renew his contract). Confident? Yes and no. We thumped Trelleborgs at home in early July, which seemed to be a turning point in the season. It was. Here we go…

Chaotic scenes, with the ball pinging around box-to-box. Jonas Tursic (16B) is sent clear in the 25th but misses wide. Trelleborgs sends a man through clear in the 58th, but blazes the ball miles wide. Nerves are rapidly fraying all over the pitch. Andreas Lindström (16D) goes close in the 66th. Trelleborgs again clear in the 72nd, but the ball is sent miles high. The frantic, pinball nature of the game has not stopped for a moment. Corner to di gule in the 90th minute. Short to Ingelsson who goes down in the box!!! But no penalty, and Trelleborgs clear. 3 minutes of added time. A Trelleborgs free kick down the left is cleared, but only to Karlsson waiting at the top of the box…hits it first time a mile wide, a reminder that he is not Marco Van Basten, and that this is in fact the Swedish third tier. Full time, 0-0. We hold on. Ängelholm have managed a 1-0 win away, and are thus promoted as Champions.

We move on to the promotion playoffs. Despite our inability to score early doors, we end the regular season with 42 goals, only 2 less than high-scoring Husqvarna. Pode again leads from the back, posting a league-leading 13 shutouts. I’ve resigned him for next season, which will likely be his last to ensure that my youngsters get enough game time to develop.

For the promotion playoffs, we draw Örgryte who were promoted from the 3rd tier (via the playoffs) in 2014.

A truly enormous crowd is present (6,340), approximately 20 times our normal gate. The first leg begins with Jonas Tursic (16B) whipping in a nasty cross in the first minute, followed by a frantic clearance as Andreas Lindström (16D) eyed an opener. Off the ensuing throw, Pagasic threads a pass to Tursic (16B) who can’t quite beat the keeper from close range. A great start, but we come to rue the missed opportunities as Örgryte hit the opening goal in the 5th minute and go close in the 8th. Pagasic heads just over in the 10th. We’re not done yet. End to end stuff, although Örgryte are clearly the better squad in the early minutes. Lindström (16D) is nearly through in the 28th, but a last-ditch tackle clears for a corner. An errant free kick from Örgryte’s keeper right after the restart leaves Ingelsson with an open goal from 40 yards…missed. I’m remembering why I don’t want to renew his contract. Ingelsson is clear 8 yards from goal in the 50th… saved. Brutal. I plug Johansson (15F) in, in the 55th minute even though he will be playing out of position. With my 3 regens who can play wide left out injured, I’m getting desperate. The match quiets down at that juncture, with neither side threatening further. Örgryte will take a 1-0 lead back to Göteborg.

Ingelsson is benched for the return leg. Hajdari is shifted wide left, out of position but a consistent performer in the middle for me. Dennis Johansson (15F) comes into central midfield. The Ullevi is packed with nearly 10,000 spectators. A big save from Pode in the 3rd minute keeps us in the tie, followed by another off a direct free kick in the 10th. We’re hanging on by our fingertips here.

Ervis Kaçi (15I) has a shot cleared off the line in the 15th, after a goalbox scramble from a corner. So close to breaking the tie wide open. Karl Lindmark (15H) hits one just wide in the 45th minute after an Örgryte defender misses a free header at the back post. A corner in injury time results in a chance for Lindström (16D), but Örgryte’s keeper smothers it.

After the restart, we press and pressure and press some more…until in the 49th, a short corner to Lindström (16D) finds Jonas Tursic (16B) unmarked six yards out. 1-0. 1-1 aggregate. With that, we’re in the ascendancy, as Jan Henrikssen (16E) forces a save in the 52nd minute, followed by another save off Lindström (16D) two minutes later. Johansson (15F) blazes over the bar on a volley in the 55th. Another goal seems inevitable…hopefully we aren’t caught on the break. Pode with a big save in the 69th…preventing just that from happening. And, then…in the 74th minute, the keeper spills a 20-yard blast from Kaçi (15I) right into the path of Lindström (16D), who makes no mistake. The flag stays down. 2-0. 2-1 in the aggregate.

In the 79th, the much-maligned Jonas Tursic (16B) kills the tie in one smooth turn, 17 yards out after a quick throw in and 2-pass move. 3-0. 3-1 in the aggregate.

Credit to Örgryte, who push forward and in a chaotic goalmouth battle find a goal in the 87th. 3-1. 3-2 on aggregate. But that’s it. The whistle blows, and we’re promoted to the Superettan in truly remarkable fashion!

This has been, hands down, the most incredible season I can remember on CM/FM. The slow start, followed by a surge to the finish. Every moment. As indicated above, I’ve been typing this out as I go along, given the insanity I was witnessing. For those of you who have read through this entire post…you deserve a medal. You’re the real champions.

Goals for next season: The Superettan is going to be a big ask, as Bartrcm previously noted. The quality just isn’t there in the 3rd and 4th tier, as made clear by my extremely fortunate path. The goal will simply be to stay afloat, and hope that our success has not raised the Board’s expectations too high. Our finances are in rough shape. The $107k prize money is the only thing that brought us into the black for the season, but we’re still $37k negative overall with $65k remaining on our 2015 bank loan.

I’m spent. Literally.

Squad | Table | League Overview | Fixtures | Transfers | Youth Intake

Jörgen Jönsson (16A) | Jonas Tursic (16B) | Stefan Kardum (16C) | Andreas Lindström (16D)

Jan Henriksson (16E) | Robin Lindh (16F) | Mubarak Abdulkadir (16G) | Douglas Olausson (16H)

Thanks, guys! I guess I should stop complaining... I've been pleasantly surprised by regen quality, especially as compared to the existing clubs in these divisions. The anticipated tv revenue in the Seperettan is also far, far more than I expected. No more complaining!

Loving the save, obviously. Pre-season is out of the way, so I'll be forging ahead tonight.

Excellent work ManUtd1 on the promotion, just one more league away from the Allsvenska! The youth coming through look decent.

Gato - Portugal seems very, very tough. A good first half of the season, lets hope next season you can have a good 2nd half!

I've been off work today and I've been playing FM. Season 2 of the Premier League is nearly done!

smp20 Yeah, once you hit the premier league your finances are pretty much sorted. And to continue my unjustifiable rant about the Portuguese lower leagues, the cup competition prize money doesn't help at all for the finances. For making it to the quarter finals last year (remember I'm still in the 3rd division) I got about 30k prize money TOTAL. If I don't get promotion soon my finances will screw me over.

Damn that money is awful :(

12th in your first season is a huge achievement, smp20. Congrats!

Just need to upload images from my second season tonight. Epic. Easily the most memorable season I've had on FM/CM. I've been writing the recap while playing through, so you'll see why.

Cheers, very happy with my first season.

OK,

Restarted on Full Fat mode and have taken Dorchester who are in a pretty bad way and 2000-1 for promotion and therefore hot favourites for relegation.

Couple of questions, I only have 1 striker and 1 centre back and 14 players.... when can i expect my first youth intake??

Is there any point in recruiting scouts as we're not signing anyone?

Thanks

In the lower leagues I always just had one chief scout, that way I could build up player knowledge and scout next opposition.

Real-SC.png

Real SC

2017-2018

We're going up!!

First Stage | Promotion Stage | Youth Candidates | Transfers | Finances

The title says it all, finally, we're going up! So after a normal First Stage where we finished 2nd in our group we made it to the Promotion Stages (yet again). Random fact: This score was absolutely insane, my highest scoring game on fm this year. Back to the Promotion stage, this time our team decided to find some form and after a start of 12 points from 4 games, our team only dropped below 2nd place once. So when we finished in 2nd, our team qualified for the 2 leg playoffs with Freamunde to decide who goes up. After narrowly squeaking out a 1-0 win at home in the 1st leg, I was clinging on to a bit of optimism that we could get something out of the game, away, 3 days later. Well, we must have been less tired than them because we smashed Freamunde 4-0 away to secure ourselves promotion (finally), on a 5-0 agg, to the 2nd division!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recapping the end of the season, we finally became professional which should help a great deal with developing players and got 105k (unheard of in this part of the world, I know) for our 3rd place finish. With that prize money we have now successful eliminated 15.6 % of our debt. (should I be happy?)

In next season's recap I hope to still be in the 2nd division and will most likely do a report on some of the youth players' development (wait until you see Paulo Pina! (or don't he's not that good))

Tagged Youth

I almost forgot this part because of all the promotion partying going on right now. 5 more tagged players for you; of course 3/5 are CMs or what would this save be?!?

Paulo Sousa (03a)

Joao Pereira (03b)

Hugo Alves (03c)

Paulinho (03d)

Pedro Cabral (03e)

Thanks for reading this (you guys are probably tired of my rants on finances anyways :p) and I'll see you next season in the 2nd division still.... hopefully.

Congrats, Gato! I'm sure the pain has only made your success even more sweet.

Finances will start improving, I'm sure. And going professional is a huge deal (I don't expect that for another year or so). Regardless, complain as need be!

I definitely have not had an 8-4 scoreline since goodness knows when...

yr87C2z.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet 2022/23 Season

League Table ~ Past Positions ~ Domestic Cups ~ Transfers ~ Facilities ~ Best 11

Youth Intake ~ Simon Coultas 23A ~ Sam Wootton 23B ~ Will Davis 23C ~ Andy Flynn 23D

Another season of progression where we finished in a very respectable 8th narrowly missing out on Europa League football on goal difference. We had our worst thrashing of the save in our opening game of the season, 7-0 vs Man City, which left me thinking I could be in for some 2nd season blues. Fortunately it was not to be and we went on to be relatively good at the back, for us at least. However we were finding goals a little harder to come by than normal. Regular goalscorer and club legend Dean Moss really struggled to find the back of the net and had to juggle his place in the team with Daryl Skinner 19D who had finally been trained as a natural striker. Our youth intake was decent but not spectacular. Coultas is the stand out player, but he's a short, slow centre back so I reckon I will be re-training him for defensive midfield. We really need a good striker prospect soon as the likes of Woods and Moss, despite being favourites, aren't quite cutting it at this level. We have had our first academy products break into the England team, Ngoyi 19A and Lewis 19B, meanwhile Xavier Nadal continues to be a prominent member of our first team and looks set to break 500 club appearances this season. Next season I am aiming to beat my 56 point tally, which will hopefully give us a chance of European football.

Beub698.png

Ok, i've taken on the challenge with the mighty Dorchester.

Red hot favourites for relegation at 2000-1 for the title, next worst is 1000-1 :lol:

14 first team players, only 1 Centre Back and 1 Striker. I've retrained 2 players so i can use my 442, the retrained Centre Back has turned out quite well, my midfielder converted into a Striker less so.

Season objectives.

Avoid relegation

Make profit

Get decent youth intake

The season;

http://i.imgur.com/ZdhTFoI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AZuEXs9.jpg

Good start then a serious falter which resulted in spending a few weeks in the relegation zone, form picked up considerably mid-season and we were never in trouble after that.

The youth intake hit early March, was pretty happy with what i got. I had been playing a 4 'silver' star right back all season but i got a 2 gold star (5 potential) so he went straight into my first team. I got a good spread of players across midfield but didn't get a Striker or Centre Back which i hope i get next time round.

Overall, no superstars but i'm pretty happy with what I got and i will have much better depth in my first team next year (i've moved 5 or 6 straight to the first team and given them debuts already).

Looking at my squad 6 out of the top 8 players with highest potential at the Club came in this years youth intake.

http://i.imgur.com/9bswoZ2.jpg

Best youth prospects.

http://i.imgur.com/h4NmMcu.jpg

Already the 3rd best central midfielder in the Squad, i play with 2 central midfielders and he has much more potential than one of the players currently rated higher than him so he will likely be a first choice midfielder for me next year.

http://i.imgur.com/2zxL5ut.jpg

My new first choice right back, already played 7 games for me averaging over 7.00.

http://i.imgur.com/C3eXXoj.jpg

A potentially very good right midfielder, my current right midfielder is up for Conference South player of the season so i will have to manage them both to ensure they get enough game time.

Next season, aiming for a top 10 finish, looking for steady improvements in my players and hopefully a Striker & Centre Back in my next youth intake.

Really great challenge, adds a lot more enjoyment to the game :thup:

Solid first season with Dorchester Mr Rosler - and some good prospects too! I see Dulwich had a good season on yours, did they go up?

In the play-offs, i very nearly took them but had seen a few others had already done it.

In the play-offs, i very nearly took them but had seen a few others had already done it.

Nice, they have some good young players with potential to start with so I'm not surprised they're popular. That's why I took them.

Nice work, gentlemen.

That first youth intake looks to have been extremely refreshing, Mr U Rosler. Adding depth and a few key players will prove immeasurably helpful. I also couldn't agree more with your sentiment abut this challenge adding enjoyment back to the game! My first two intakes have been solid, such that I started season 3 with only 3 of my original 11 (although 2 of those 11 refused to negotiate because they didn't think we were good enough), and those 3 are being supplanted by regens as the early weeks of the season progress.

Mr U Rosler - Your youth prospects look nice! Maybe you can give smp20 a run for his money as the best team in England :p

Congrats, Gato! I'm sure the pain has only made your success even more sweet.

Finances will start improving, I'm sure. And going professional is a huge deal (I don't expect that for another year or so). Regardless, complain as need be!

I definitely have not had an 8-4 scoreline since goodness knows when...

Congrats Gato. And again a very nice youth intake.
Get in Gato, well done! Hoping things are only up from here.

Thanks for all the support :)

Looking to keep moving up slowly but surely.

So I managed to drop my laptop and crack the screen...its been sent off for repairs and will be back next Friday, i will be continuing then. Bloody typical! Id just finished season 3 in the prem and it was a decent one. I finished 6th and won the league cup! I guess this gives you all a chance to catch up with me :p keep the updates coming guys.

So I managed to drop my laptop and crack the screen...its been sent off for repairs and will be back next Friday, i will be continuing then. Bloody typical! Id just finished season 3 in the prem and it was a decent one. I finished 6th and won the league cup! I guess this gives you all a chance to catch up with me :p keep the updates coming guys.

Ouch, how will you manage to survive a whole week without FM?!?!?!?!

Spoiler for what to expect from me: After our 1st season in the 2nd division I was met with an absolutely shocking pleasant suprise that consisted of 725K for playing in the league! Our debt now rests at a manageable 65K! Maybe in the coming years I can finally get my first upgrade of any sort of facilities/junior coaching. Looking back, i was very lucky to get an unplayable team with such good facilities.

Gato - I understand your sentiment. My 2 youth intakes have been incredible, looking back. I won't spoil things (or tempt fate), but the first 2/3 of my 3rd season have gone well thanks to their obvious talent relative to the competition.

Smp20 - talk about rotten luck! We'll try to catch up given the opportunity...a 3rd season update will probably follow from me late tomorrow.

Great to see so much enthusiasm for this challenge! Youth intake day is so exciting.

I've got hold of my old laptop and I am going to download FM15 onto it. How well it will cope I don't know - it will be minimal leagues etc. Maybe time for some tactical experiment, I'd love to rekindle my Sacchi 4-4-2 tactic :)

Will post up my 2nd season tonight, bit mediocre really but had a decent Youth Intake again and have a much needed striker with excellent potential.

Will do side by side comparison year on year with the 3 players i highlighted in my first post, 2 of them have played 40+ games, the other 20 so i'm really hoping for steady improvement from them all (otherwise i'll be gutted).

Archived