ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge

Formartine United - Season 2016/2017 (2)

78abaf_4ee8db7b4a5dcaa5e83ee41558133b17.png_srz_p_165_207_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

League - Squad - Transfers

The second season started in a similar fashion to the first one, with us going out of two cups. This time to Alloa (Championship) and Partick Thistle (Premiership). Our bad form continued in the league and it took 5 games until we got our first win. The season continued with very mixed results. We never really hit form but we still found ourselves in 4th place (final playoff-spot) with 6 games to go. From that point we managed to lose 5 and draw 1 so we dropped 4 places.

Overall I'm a bit disappointed that we couldn't take that final playoff-spot but we simply weren't ready. Maybe we will have to stay in this division for a few seasons but that's alright. The most important thing at this stage is to integrate the new youths in the team.

Top players:

1. Jordan Brown: Again our best player. He's an important presence in the middle of the pitch. Still only 25.

2. Michael Grimes: When I arrived at the club Grimes was a winger only but successful re-training has seen him excel in the advanced playmaker-role.

3. Ben Anthony: My best goalscorer this year. 18 goals in 36 games. I believe he will score even more next season.

Youth intake:

A very decent intake. We really needed more players in defense so a 4-star potential CB and Fullback is great.

Gavin Mackie (17A): To be honest I doubt this kid will be a big player for us but our current backup keeper wants to leave so we needed a new keeper.

Kyle Esson (17B): A speedy fullback was exactly what I needed. He will get his chances.

James McCann (17C): McCann looks very good already. He's a bit slow but with 14 jumping reach and 12 heading he should be able to stop most long-balls. Possibly a starter already.

David Wilson (17D): We currently don't play with wingers but maybe in the future. If not, he could be re-trained as a CM.

Kyle Robson (17E): Much needed squad-depth in the striker department. Probably a false 9.

Standout youths:

I failed to integrate as many kids as I had hoped...

George Connolly (16A): He got 13 starts and 16 sub appearances this season but he's not developing as fast as I'd have hoped. He's also been "accomplished" as a MC for over a season now without turning "natural". Maybe he's just a slow trainer.

Willie Ferguson (16C): Willie is still very raw and has the lowest average rating out of all my players in his 13 appearances. Not sure what to do with him.

Finances

We're bleeding now, and still, our board just increased our wage budget from 220k to 720k per annum. Interesting move...

Goals before season:

*Safe mid-table - Semi-Succeed

*Better cup-runs - Fail

*Integrate youths - Fail

Next season:

*Promotion playoff

*Integrate more youth

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I'm starting this challenge again, I've done some reading and I think I have been doing things a bit wrong and have a theory I want to try out. Not that my last save was terrible, it just wasn't set up for what I have in mind and would take years to get right, but I'll start in Portugal again even though they are long seasons. If you want I can fill in my last season, but it's pretty much the same as last.

I need some advice. I really wanted to start this challenge with the team Duffel in Belgium. I reloaded a lot, but it was always the team Beerschot-Wilrijk who promoted to the third devision. After checking the reputations I noticed that Beerschot-Wilrijk has a very high reputation of 3750 (that's even high for the second division) and Duffel only 1000. This is normal because Beerschot-Wilrijk has sort of the same story als Rangers FC. But because I wanted to play with Duffel I switched the reputations with Beerschot-Wilrijk before the reset and changed them back after. I'm now 10 games in and I won them all with very big scores. I realised that I received players which levels the reputation of 3750. So I now feel like I'm cheating. It will be difficult really fast because a lot of these players are over 30 years and the youth products will be awful, but it's not right.

I already tried reloading again and changing the reputation from Beerschot-Wilrijk to 1 and Duffel up to 2000, but Beerschot-Wilrijk keeps promoting.

So what should I do? I prefer a way to get Duffel promoted with a reputation close to 1000, but I don't know how? Maybe holiday an extra year?

Nantwich Town - 2017/18 - Vanarama Conference North

20th Place

xSbQGyX.png

'The Dabbers'

It's all over...

A distinct lack of goalscorers and poor options in goal cost me, and I have been relegated from the Conference North.

Here's the League Table

Admittedly, I almost blagged it. My start to the season was shocking, but somewhere in the middle I picked up a decent amount of points which put me in a good position going into the final few games - but as you can see here, it all fell apart and was completely soul destroying! The cup competitions were also a complete write off. By the end of the season, I was actually happy to get it done with.

It did go as far as the final game, a win would've put me safe - but to be honest, I was only prolonging the pain.

My top goalscorer, with a mighty 6 goals was a central defender.

This all said - I really enjoyed this challenge, despite getting absolutely nowhere with it. I will give it another go, but not straight away. I think I need to vent at a club where I can score goals, spend money and win lots of things. Once I've got that out of my system, I'll revisit this challenge in another country.

Best of luck to the rest of you - I will be following this thread and checking up on how you're getting on.

Formartine United - Season 2017/2018 (3)

78abaf_4ee8db7b4a5dcaa5e83ee41558133b17.png_srz_p_165_207_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

League - Squad - Transfers

Instead of starting the season with going out of the cups like we're used to, this time we started much better. In the league cup we won our first game easily and then we got drawn away to Glasgow Rangers. It was a fairly even game but in the end their efficiency won it for them. Still, it was a much needed boost to our finances - around £250k. In the Challenge cup we had a great run this year, going all the way to the final where we faced Queen of the South. The game went all the way to extra time but after they scored we couldn't respond. Hopefully that was only one of many finals for us in the near future.

The league season ended up being very frustrating. We played fairly well all season but never took off. With four games to go we were sitting in the final playoff-spot, two points ahead of Dunfermline. We both struggled badly with us gaining 0 points in the first three games and them getting one. In the final game we hosted Dunfermline and all we needed for a playoff was a draw. Despite playing one of our best games of the season (except for the strikers) we lost 1-2. We won the shots with 22-5 and CCC:s with 4-1 but sadly their keeper played really well and got the MOTM-award. Knowing that if we had just won one of the last four games we would have made the playoffs is very frustating. In the end I don't think it matters much though because we are way too inconsistent and the chances that we would have won the playoffs were very slim.

Top players:

1. Jordan Brown: For the 3rd season in a row Jordan Brown was our best player. Vital.

2. James McCann (17C): This kid has already cemented a place in our back four. He has developed very fast and is already one of our best players after only one full professional season.

3. Ben Anthony: Number one striker with room to improve even further. 28 goals in 39 games.

Youth intake:

A decent intake with a few interesting prospects. Four tags.

Ryan Lawson (18A): A keeper with a nice potential was needed because our current #1 is on the wrong side of 30. He's more of a shot stopped than a complete keeper but you can't really be picky at this level.

Sam Ferguson (18B): I still don't play with wingers but his potential is decent. Maybe a decent fast striker?

Sandy Thomson (18C): This guy looks very good already. 13 passing, 16 long shots, 12 technique. He will fit in nicely as a playmaker.

Ryan Esson (18D): A CB of almost 2 metres. He could be useful.

Standout youths (from the last 2 intakes):

George Connolly (16A): 24 games from George this year. It would have been more if it wasn't for annoying injuries. Sadly those are hindering his development a bit.

Finances

The Rangers game did wonders for our finances. Without that we would have been in the red. We got new owners this year but they didn't invest anything, just took a bank-loan.

With the money we managed to upgrade the training facilties.

Goals before season:

*Promotion playoff - Fail

*Integrate more youth - Semi-succeed

Next season:

*Promotion playoff

*Integrate more youth

why can´t we start in norway?

Originally it was supposed to just be the big European nations, but now a few more have been added it would be silly not to just include them all.

***Rule Change****

All European nations are allowed.

Hi Ri916,

Would you consider FMC to be a viable option for this challenge? My issue is a lack of time to commit to full FM, whereas FMC would still give me a decent speed of processing. Obviously there are some flaws regarding FMC (not being able to turn off in game purchases is one) and databases are really small when loading one country. Any suggestions how to go about that?

Obviously, in game purchases shouldn't be used, that's clear as daylight. Look forward to your reply.

Hi Ri916,

Would you consider FMC to be a viable option for this challenge? My issue is a lack of time to commit to full FM, whereas FMC would still give me a decent speed of processing. Obviously there are some flaws regarding FMC (not being able to turn off in game purchases is one) and databases are really small when loading one country. Any suggestions how to go about that?

Obviously, in game purchases shouldn't be used, that's clear as daylight. Look forward to your reply.

I'm afraid FMC is not allowed. Fortunately you can fly through the seasons on the normal game with this challenge, just delegate everything that slows you down to your assistant. You also only need to load the nation you're managing in so processing speeds will be good.

Havent been able to get into a FM15 save, and then ive stumbled across this. I suck at football manager and find stuff that I used to love like Scouting and signing players really boring. Ive never been able to get to grips with training either and tactics im very hit and miss with. Maybe just maybe this challenge is exactly what im looking for as I will have to be a master on the training fields and a bit of a tactician. I will also have to get along with my players.

So im just holidaying in Scotland before picking my team. A quick question. What staff are key for who you bring through and what makes them stand out. For example should I have the very best head of youth development I can find and should I be looking at his favoured formation or is their a couple of key attributes to bring through the type of player I want?

I'm afraid FMC is not allowed. Fortunately you can fly through the seasons on the normal game with this challenge, just delegate everything that slows you down to your assistant. You also only need to load the nation you're managing in so processing speeds will be good.

Fair enough. I suppose if one takes a country that doesn't have 38 matches a season things are more easily done as well. Will give it a thought.

toon, that sucks man :(

Good luck at Margate, but I cannot imagine how annoyed I would be myself :(

i am annoyed but meh ill do it England aha probably sooner as well if all thing go well because it was looking like my BK team wasn't going to be up to euro standard for about another 5 seasons so ill guess we will see

Hi guys,

I've just started this and after loading it up and holidaying for a year in France, i've just realised that the CFA is unplayable, Is this correct?

So i've picked one of the teams that have been promoted to National this year and i have chosen:

Badge_zpsweyt5a7n.gif

JA Drancy

My Profile

Don't have a lot of options in the youth that is already there however my ass man thinks that Hugo Roger and Reacutegis Bolongo are the best there.

Anyway, wish me luck!! Time for JA Drancy to become the biggest club in Paris!!

Aris - 2nd division - season 2015-2016

Predicted: 9th

Actual finish: 1th!!!!!

This is the first time that an opening season was so easy. From day 1 we were in 1th position and never give this up. We only lost our 1th game after 12 games. Halfway the season we had a periode of 6 games without winning, but after that we just fly through our games without much difficulties. With 4 games to go, we sealed the title.

Games 1

Games 2

Cup: 3th round. Eliminated without losing a game.

Youth intake: Tagged 4 players

Vangelis Tsintotas (YP1a): Will be our starting AML next season

Fanis Georgiadis (YP1b):

Sotiris Pallatsios (YP1c):

Manolis Firinidis (YP1d):

Tranfers: none off course

Our main problem is our finance. The are more than €2M in red, and our projected balance is over €5M in red.

Goals for next season:

Survive

Get our finance in a better position. Don't know how, but I'll try.

Hi guys,

I've just started this and after loading it up and holidaying for a year in France, i've just realised that the CFA is unplayable, Is this correct?

So i've picked one of the teams that have been promoted to National this year and i have chosen:

Badge_zpsweyt5a7n.gif

JA Drancy

My Profile

Don't have a lot of options in the youth that is already there however my ass man thinks that Hugo Roger and Reacutegis Bolongo are the best there.

Anyway, wish me luck!! Time for JA Drancy to become the biggest club in Paris!!

At which date you reloaded? I also tried this in France, and I Always got the same 4 teams popping up. I would have go for France for this challenge, but a didn't want 1 of these 4 teams that Always popped-up.

Good luck with the challenge.

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 19 Review (2033)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances

Competitions - (Results - First Half - Second Half)

Premier Division 2033: - Winners!

Swedish Cup - 2032-33: - Winners!

Champions League - 2032-33: - Winners!

European Super Cup - 2033: - Winners!

World Club Championship 2033: - Winners!

Champions League - 2033-34: - Won group, advanced to knockout stages

Swedish Cup - 2033-34: - Advanced to knockout stages

Season Review

Well that was at least 6-8 seasons ahead of schedule! A second successive European run, going deeper than everyone expected and then against all odds (we were 9-2 underdogs in the final) we squeaked out a victory in the Champions League final!

In the first half of the domestic season we were going along very nicely, unbeaten and playing well. This was a result of great confidence from the European adventure.

This started with a 1st Knockout Round tie against Manchester City nestled inbetween our pre-season friendlies. In a game we were underdogs, we edged the 1st leg at home 2-1, with a 91st minute winner from Karl Storm (YP 11D). Despite the very late winner, we were actually worthy winners due to a fantastic performance (55% possession, more shots than them 20-to-11). The away leg was very tough affair, it ended 0-0 despite Man City having 25 shots to our 9 (although only 6 of theirs were on target).

This set up a Quarter Final with FC Porto. Home leg first again and we were held to a 1-1 draw despite having the better of the game. 8 days later was the away leg (after we had been taken to extra time in the Swedish Cup Quarter Finals in between....) and we again frustrated the opposition. FC Porto only managed 1 shot on target (10 in total) and we picked them off twice via Jonas Berglund (YP 11C) and an own goal to secure a huge win!

The Semi Finals pitted us against Liverpool and this time we were away from home first. For the first time we did not manage to frustrate the opposition away from home in Europe, and Liverpool handed us our first defeat of the season, 0-1. The home leg was our biggest game ever at our stadium. Liverpool again shaded the game, but we managed to level the tie up on the stroke of half time when Karl Storm (YP 11D) broke through from midfield and slotted past the keeper when 1-on-1. Less than 60 seconds into the 2nd half and Liverpool's english international central defender picks up his 2nd yellow card! A huge chance! It was now Liverpool playing the role of spoiler and we could not break them down. Until..... With 91:10 on the clock a half clearance fell to Karl Storm (YP 11D) and he slid Jonas Berglund (YP 11C) through and it was his turn to slot past the keeper! With only seconds to go until extra time, we had done it!

A long 24 day wait until the final (although we had 4 Swedish Premier Division games in between, one of which saw Karl Storm (YP 11D) pick up an injury which ruled him out of the final) but it eventually arrived and we faced defending champions Atletico Madrid. In front of 80,018 in the San Siro a very attritional battle took place. Atletico just won the stats battle (53% possession, 19 shots to our 12, but we both managed 5 each on target). The only one that truely mattered was in the 67th minute when Patrik Selen (YP 16A) hit a free kick from 22 yards. In a 2nd half that saw 2 injuries, 6 subs and 4 bookings there was an excruciating 9 (NINE) minutes of stoppage time to navigate. Finally the whistle went and we had done it!!!!

The Champions League win had a huge beneficial effect on the rest of the season as well. We had a 32 game unbeaten streak in all competitions, which stretched from that 0-1 first leg loss to Liverpool in early May all the way until our penultimate league game of the season away at AIK in late October. 29th league game of the 30 game season, still undefeated in the league and looking for an invincibles season! But alas no, we in fact lost both of our last 2 league games.

We picked ourselves back up though after another defeat away at Monaco in the Champions League group stages and finished the year in style!

Our last Champions League game of the season was at home to Man Utd and in what was a close game (2-1 after 55 minutes) we went rampant and won 7-1!

All that was left was the World Club Championships and we drew Pumas of Mexico in the Semi Finals. A convincing 4-0 win and we waiting on the usual Final of European Champs against South American Champs. But then Kaiser Cheifs shocked Estudiantes in the other semi final and faced us in the final. They could not recreated their performance and we ran out a convincing 5-1 winner in our last games.

Youth Intake

We had already won the Champions League earlier in the season and completed the challenge, so no screenshot was taken. A tidy English AMC came through, but he didn't feature.

"Frolunda Five" - 2033 Edition

Patrik Selen (YP 16A) - Our best player by far. 26 goals and 19 assists, including our most important goal, that free kick in the Champions League final. His vision in impeccable and he makes up for his lack of pace with his movement off the ball and his first touch and dribbling ability.

Kevin Gustavsson (YP 09A) - A great season from our attacking Mr versatile. Playing at AML, AMC and FC Kevin amassed 20 goals and 15 assists.

Rikard Johnsson (YP 10A) - Sitting deeper in midfield than usual, Rikard fill a need for the team with style. Still managed 6 goals and 13 assists, Rikard was key to sitting deep and influencing games. Rikard also picked up his first cap, and scored on his debut.

Joakim Bennhage (YP 11B) - This seasons surprise package. Filled in at DL and DC for injuries and his performances meant I couldn't drop him from the matchday 18.

Karl Storm (YP 11D) - Scored important goals this year and was very unlucky to miss the big game due to injury. 7 goals and 10 assists from the middle of the park.

Miscellaneous

A fantastic European run completed the challenge, and I have to be honest probably 5-8 years ahead of where I was expecting. We are definitely a European force, but it would still be considered an upset to have a run that deep, that soon.

I will put together a career post probably tomorrow with final screenshots.

The Cup Finals

Champions League

[video=youtube_share;Ps4S1HC2XTw]

European Super Cup Final

[video=youtube_share;HfAjrnApOck]

World Club Championship Final

[video=youtube_share;u6xZk3d4Di4]

Season 19 (2033) Goals

* Retain league title - Achieved

* Improve on our league points record (74) - Failed (tied)

* Improve on our league goals scored record (70) - Failed

* Improve on our league goals conceded record (15) - Failed

* Improve on our league goal difference record (+55) - Failed (tied)

The Journey So Far...

Season 01 - 2015 - Second Division (West Gotaland) (1st - Champions)

Season 02 - 2016 - First Division South (10th)

Season 03 - 2017 - First Division South (2nd - Playoff Winners)

Season 04 - 2018 - First Division Elite (13th - relegation playoff winners)

Season 05 - 2019 - First Division Elite (8th)

Season 06 - 2020 - First Division Elite (11th)

Season 07 - 2021 - First Division Elite (8th)

Season 08 - 2022 - First Division Elite (1st - Champions)

Season 09 - 2023 - Premier Division (8th)

Season 10 - 2024 - Premier Division (8th)

Season 11 - 2025 - Premier Division (6th)

Season 12 - 2026 - Premier Division (5th)

Season 13 - 2027 - Premier Division (3rd)

Season 14 - 2028 - Premier Division (3rd)

Season 15 - 2029 - Premier Division (1st)

Season 16 - 2030 - Premier Division (3rd)

Season 17 - 2031 - Premier Division (1st)

Season 18 - 2032 - Premier Division (1st), Europa League (Runners Up)

Season 19 - 2033 - Premier Division (1st), Champions League (Winners), European Super Cup (Winners), World Club Championship (Winners)

Logo.jpg

FC KAMAZ Naberezhnye Chelny

2023/2024: 12th in the Premier Division, Lost the Sixth Round in the Russian Cup

Table | Results | Statistics | Transfers | Youth Intake

D(RL) Y0f Gusarov was allowed to go to make room for some young defenders. Our central defenders, D(RC) Y0g Spirin and D© Y3a Berezutskiy, fueled our success at the back line. Meanwhile on the attack side, Y3c Leonov has developed into a valuable attacker from the wing. He's become quite comfortable running at the defense and fielding headers. Our newest stud midfield prospect, Y7a Toboev, refused to go out on loan and quickly displaced Y2b Vintov in the first team. Sadly, Y4a P. Mikhailov has seen his development stunted since playing striker. He is merely serviceable, and surplus players Ovechkin, Sapozhkov and Y4b Kostenko are often better fits on a random match day.

We survived again. This time out of the relegation zone. A dreadful preseason didn't stunt us too badly. In general, we stayed close in all the games. A winning streak around winter break saw us climb to 7th in a tight league. A tired attacking crew couldn't stay out the season. We dropped the final five matches, finishing just clear of relegation. We got a reprieve from the relegation playoffs by having Torpedo Moscow lose their final match.

Speaking of final reprieves, the board allowed me to stay after criticizing their failure to expand the stadium. We're at the league minimum for capacity and have sold out every game since joining the league. Not only did I not get fired, they responded with plans to expand the stadium by 25% of capacity, to 12,500 total seats.

Another stud AM© and another GK in the youth intake. One of the defenders will likely start down the road. I'm depending whether to keep our HOYD after next year. He gets good talent and has improved his training without any coaching certificates. However, after 10 years of AMCs and fullbacks, I'm desperate for a striker.

Seasonal Summary:

2015: Started challenge

2015/2016: 15th in the First Division, Fourth Round in the Russian Cup

2016/2017: 13th in the First Division, Fifth Round in the Russian Cup

2017/2018: 10th in the First Division, Quarter-Final in the Russian Cup

2018/2019: 5th in the First Division, Sixth Round in the Russian Cup

2019/2020: 4th in the First Division, Lost the promotion playoffs, Fifth Round in the Russian Cup

2020/2021: 2nd in the First Division, Promoted, Fifth Round in the Russian Cup

2021/2022: 13th in the Premier Division, Won the Relegation Playoff, Lost the Quarter-Final in the Russian Cup

2022/2023: 14th in the Premier Division, Won the Relegation Playoff, Lost the Quarter-Final in the Russian Cup

2023/2024: 12th in the Premier Division, Lost the Sixth Round in the Russian Cup

Congratz Braumiller!

I'm still stuck in the Challenge, it feels like i don't know how to play FM anymore.

Last time i had success was on FM 13 (Havant & Waterlooville from BSS to EPL in 12 seasons, obviously own tactics but playing LLM instead of Youth Academy Challenge) =/

I'd love some tactical insights. Sometimes i feel like one of that old managers that can only play one style instead of adapting myself to the squads i find. I also can't counter the AI as often as i did manage in the past versions.

Aris - 1th Division - 2016-2017

Predicted: 16th

Actual finish: 4th

Play-off finish: 3th

Complete league after the play-offs

The season started not to bad, and we had 5 points after 4 games. 4 games later we gain another 5 points sitting us in a good 8th position. Then we had a very good run with 4 wins and 3 draws in the next seven games. At that point we were in 5th position. The rest of the season we were jojoing between 4th and 5th position. Panathinaikos, Olympiakos and PAOK were a class apart this season, and I believe it will take at least a couple seasons to challenge them for a top 3 finish.

So after this incredible season we still had a play-off to play. The champion qualifies for CL football and the teams between 2nd and 5th have a play-off were they battle for the second and last play-off ticket. These 4 teams all secure European football for next season.

In this play-off we finished 3th.

Domestic this challenge is not so difficult but I'm conserned about the extra European games next season. Our squad isn't big anough to battle on 3 fronts. This European football will cost us points.

Due to fair play Greece get an extra spot in Europe.

Games

Cup: WINNERS!!!!!. We win this cup, but if I have to be honest, this was totaly undeserved. In the semis we eliminated Olympiakos on away goals. The aggregate score was 3-3. In these 2 games together we only had 4 shots on goal against the 37 shots of Olymiakos. Same story in the final against Panathinaikos. Again totally undeserved, but hey I don't care. ;) I have allready won 2 pieces of silverware in 2 seasons. Not that bad when you ask me.

Youth intake: 3 players tagged

Elias Vakalopoulos (YP2a): Very good AMC, but will be retrained as a striker. I don't play an AMC and it's almost impossible to get a good a striker at the intake

Christos Tsougoutzidis (YP2b): An MC that will get some playing time during the season.

Panagiotis Minou (YP2c): A very welcome DC. I only had 2 DC's during the previous 2 seasons, and have been very lucky with injuries. Definitly get some playing time next season.

Transfers: 2 players left the club.

Finance: better than last season, but there is very little money to win in the league.

Goals this season:

Survive: Achieved

Get our finance in a better position. Don't know how, but I'll try.: Achieved

Goals next season:

Qualify for Europe (we need this money to keep the club getting forward)

Upgrade something

Virtus Verona 2021/22 ~ Italian Serie B

01AiF4q.png

Season goal: Avoid relegation

Media prediction: 22nd

Board expectations: Attempt to avoid relegation

League Table | Stats | Transfers | Finances

Finished in 14th position even though I played way more of the youngsters this year. The board have once again decided to upgrade the stadium, hopefully they don't do this too many more times as we will be doomed financially if we get relegated.

One of our youngsters Remo Buda missed an u18s match due to his party lifestyle :mad: As Virtus is a club of culture and not of nightclub antics I released him immediately.

Our reputation has now increased to two star national which should be good for future youth intakes. I took a look at some of the other clubs and Inter have just signed this young mexican who looks fairly good...

:applause:The Virtuous Veronan :applause:

Renato De Biasi

Voted Serie B Midfielder of the Year and had our highest average rating by far. Was also in the Serie B team of the year.

The Youth of today

Emeka Onuoha (YP03a GOD) – Finally managed to get his attributes to improve a bit and he had a great season too.

Filippo Gargano (YP01b) – Has been played in multiple positions and will probably become our starting striker next season.

Gualtiero Barison (YP04a) – Has developed considerably since he first joined the club. Has a minimum fee release clause of £1.4m so he could leave the club sooner rather than later.

Umberto Barberini (YP06a) – Hard to believe he's still only 16, could still be playing for us when he's 36.

Mauro Protto (YP06c) – Played him quite a lot this season and will continue to stick with him.

Performance of the Season

Virtus Verona 3 – 2 Chievo Verona

We beat one of our local rivals in front of a 3000 capacity crowd! A momentous event in Virtus history.

Youth Intake

Riccardo Lovato (YP07a) – Incredible regen, is being retrained as a striker as Lonardoni has declined a bit this season.

Ilario Todeschini (YP07b) – Looks like he could be a good CD, already plays in the first team.

Ennio Vigato (YP07c) – Another Vigato who is also a RB. Spooky. Maybe a distant cousin of our previous regen? Promoted straight into the first team.

Our youth training outlay might end up killing the club but if we continue getting intakes of this quality then we'll be alright.

2021/22 goals

avoid relegation :thup:

2022/23 goals

mid table

Virtus Verona 2022/23 ~ Italian Serie B

01AiF4q.png

Season goal: Mid table finish

Media prediction: 19th

Board expectations: Mid table

Stats | Transfers | Finances

These two seasons were completed a few weeks ago but I have been really busy and never got round to doing the writeups (normally I do them as I play). Unfortunately I seemed to have gone past the date where I could take screenshots that include this seasons stats which is a bit annoying.

Anyway to cut a long story short we managed to gain promotion to Serie A via the playoffs :DWe beat Chievo over two legs to win our semi final and in the final managed to beat Lazio 2-0 at home in the first leg and then won 4-3 away from home.

The club has improved dramatically in recent seasons and the stadium is being expanded yet again. The board have also agreed to upgrade the training and youth facilities, as we are due to earn £27 million through TV rights next season :lol:

Due to our expansion we will be expected to groundshare with both Chievo and Hellas Verona :confused: Their stadium is massive though so hopefully we can make a lot of money next year through ticket sales!

Virtus have come a long way since my first season (since my failed first save :o). I don't expect us to do very well in Serie A but at least the youngsters should show considerable improvement.

:applause:The Virtuous Veronan :applause:

Filippo Gargano - stats

Voted supporters player of the year and has taken over from Lonardoni as our main striker.

The Youth of today

Renato De Biasi - I think he has reached his maximum ability now. Hopefully he will stay at the club for the rest of his career.

Emeka Onuoha (YP03a GOD) – Has so far lived up to expectations.

Gualtiero Barison (YP04a) – Hopefully he still has some untapped potential. Have managed to negotiate a slightly higher release clause.

Umberto Barberini (YP06a) – Interested to see how he will fare against next seasons opponents.

Giuseppe Corallo (YP06b) - Looks like he could become a pretty good left back.

Riccardo Lovato (YP07a) - Apparently has the potential to be world class, has improved a bit but hopefully Serie A football will supercharge his development.

Ennio Vigato (YP07b) - Brilliant.

Performance of the Season

Virtus Verona 3 – 2 Empoli

Empoli finished above us in second place and with a much better goal difference, so to beat them was pretty impressive and helped us finish in a playoff spot.

Youth Intake

Daniele Meraviglia (YP08a) – Possibly Buffon's illegitimate son. I have really high hopes for this guy, and he has played in the first team from the moment he signed his contract.

Christopher Alhassan (YP08b) – Yet another DC, will be rotated with Todeschini next season.

2022/23 goals

mid table - :thup: :thup:

2022/23 goals

have fun and enjoy relegation :lol:

Well I got JA Drancy relegated :(

I took it the last day but lost 4-1 to top of the table when all I needed was a draw :(

I think I'm going to do this in England rather than France as the reputations are so drastic between the teams in France.

So I have a problem.

The club that I have started with only has one goalkeeper, it has a greyed out player, (yes i know he can't make appearances) but what happens if my keeper gets injured? Do I need to play an outfield player in goal rather than the greyed out player?

So I have a problem.

The club that I have started with only has one goalkeeper, it has a greyed out player, (yes i know he can't make appearances) but what happens if my keeper gets injured? Do I need to play an outfield player in goal rather than the greyed out player?

Actually i think you can field grey players, what you can't do is offer them a contract. Correct em anyone if i'm wrong

10329831_1478904725677110_4631071369537489939_o.jpg

Kalamata

Season 1 - 2015-16

Greek National B Division - 14th

Finances | Squad | Table | Matches 1st, 2nd

So I decided to do a Greek save, even with the crazy names. With Kalamata, predicted to get relegated in 17th place, I somehow survived 2 points above relegation. To be honest though, the season was relatively comfortable as we were in a good position for most of the season until getting 8 points from our last 12 games and losing our last 4. The one problem with our team was scoring goals though. We managed to score exactly 1 goal per game with 38 goals from 38 games. If next year, we can get some sort of spark, maybe this team can actually go somewhere near the top half of the table. Overall, I’m very happy with the youth intake this year and am hoping to finish somewhere from 9th-13th place next season.

Standout Players:

1. Moustapha Diallo- Pretty much singlehandedly carried us to safety bagging many important goals when the whole team couldn't score.

2. Nikos Babaniotis- When the rest of the team wasn’t banging in the goals, Nikos was playing like an animal in goal. Probably was the reason that 22 out of 41 games we played ended 0-0, 1-0, or 1-1.

Youth Intake:

1. Thodoris Droutstas (16a)- For my 1st youth intake with this team, I wasn’t disappointed. This guy has a 5* potential and could become a leading player for the highest division in Greece. Already has some great stats for a winger with 13 dribbling, 10 crossing, and good pace/acceleration. Looks to be a vital part of the squad in this challenge.

2. Giannis Maniatis (16b)- Another 5* potential, this time a central midfielder. He definitely has a future role at this club and I do like some of his mentals and his 16 natural fitness helps as well.

3. Dimitris Arganis (16c)- 5* potential CB, it’s really nice to have such varying positions in my 1st youth intake. He has some decent heading, tackling, jumping, strength, aggression, bravery, work rate. All nice stats on a defender.

Next Season's Goals:

Score at least 1.4 goals/game

Finish from 9th-13th place

10329831_1478904725677110_4631071369537489939_o.jpg

Kalamata

Season 1 - 2015-16

Greek National B Division - 14th

Finances | Squad | Table | Matches 1, 2

So I decided to do a Greek save. With Kalamata, predicted to get relegated in 17th place, I somehow survived 2 points above relegation. To be honest though, the season was relatively comfortable as we were in a good position for most of the season until getting 8 points from our last 12 games and losing our last 4. The one problem with our team was scoring goals though. We managed to score exactly 1 goal per game with 38 goals from 38 games. If next year, we can get some sort of spark, maybe this team can actually go somewhere near the top half of the table. Overall, I’m very happy with the youth intake this year and am hoping to finish somewhere from 9th-13th place next season.

Standout Players:

1. Moustapha Diallo- Pretty much singlehandedly carried us to safety bagging many important goals when the whole team couldn’t score.

2. Nikos Babaniotis- When the rest of the team wasn't banging in the goals, Nikos was playing like an animal in goal. Probably was the reason that 22 out of 41 games we played ended 0-0, 1-0, or 1-1

Youth Intake:

1. Thodoris Droutstas (16a)- For my 1st youth intake with this team, I wasn’t disappointed. This guy has a 5* potential and could become a leading player for the highest division in Greece. Already has some great stats for a winger with 13 dribbling, 10 crossing, and good pace/acceleration. Looks to be a vital part of the squad in this challenge.

2. Giannis Maniatis (16b)- Another 5* potential, this time a central midfielder. He definitely has a future role at this club and I do like some of his mentals and his 16 natural fitness helps as well.

3. Dimitris Arganis (16c)- 5* potential CB, it’s really nice to have such varying positions in my 1st youth intake. He has some pretty good heading, tackling, jumping, strength, aggression, bravery, work rate, stuff you want to see on a CB. The only thing that lets him down now is that positioning.

Goals:

Next Season: Finish 9th - 13th place

Score 48+ goals

I might fire up my old untouched for months Cove save and continue this.

Last spotted way back on page 5, i was in season 7 having achieved one promotion in 6 years with the Rangers. It was a helluva slog, but I am going to dive back in and try and remember who everyone was. I still have my squad analysis spreadsheet so that will jog my memory and we can see if we can take the mighty Cove a big higher.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/400466-ri916-s-FM15-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=10025889&viewfull=1#post10025889

Recently did a stint with Morton where i took them to second in the SPL within 3 seasons, so if i can do that with Morton surely i can get the damn Cove Rangers to the championship inside 10 seasons!

Jambo 98 - Youth Challenge Attempt 1 - Scotland - Cove Rangers

cove.jpg

Season 8 - 2022/23

Manager Profile

The Competitions

Division - Scottish League 1

Final Position - 4th (Playoffs) - Lost in Playoff Final link 2

Past Postions - Link

Challenge Cup - Knocked out round 1 by Alloa

League Cup - Knocked out round 1 by Stranraer

Scottish Cup - Knocked out round 4 by Dundee (entered at Round 3)

The Season Summary

League

Not gonna lie here, I hadnt touched this save since last November and it was saved in March 2023. Ergo i have very little idea how the first 29 games of the season went! I do know that i was in 5th place, a point outside the playoffs with 7 games to go when i came back in.

I changed tactics and brought in my 451, which didnt fully suit the players, especially mid season, but we scaped the odd result. We ended up going into the final game of the season a point behind 4th place Berwick. We won and Berwick drew, meaning we sneaked a playoff place!

In the playoff Semi we had to play Motherwell who had finished 9th in the Championship (how the once almost mediocre have fallen!). Surprisingly to me, we really out classed them over 2 legs and picked up the win to go into the playoff final.

There we would face the mighty Blue Brazil, who i always struggle against. A home leg draw left us in with a theoretical shout into the second leg, but we picked up 3 injuries during the playoffs and with the 2 legs only being 3 days apart, the lack of professional status showed. We were out of legs in the second match and comfortably beaten :( So near, yet so far....

Cups

/me glares

The Youths

The Intake

Youth Intake Season 8 - The game was saved about a week after this, so i have no recollection of it but found the old screenie and it looks not a bad intake. Couple of good attacking sorts.

The New Tags

YP08a - Sam Thomson - Another AMR/L/ST which seemed to be what we always produced. Will likely try and retrain to ML or MR. Low dribbling is not ideal

YP08b - Paul Findlay - A playmaker type, and we might need it as we are about to lose our second excellent prospect from that position in 2 years to freedom of contract :(

The Tag Updates

YP01a - Jamie Campbell -A bit of a down season, and attribute wise he will never set the world on fire but will continue to be first choice at MR as no alternatives really

YP01b - Jamie Scott - Much reduced playing time and looks destined for a career as no better than a backup.

YP02a - Danny Gilmour- Took over as everyday RB this season and did a solid job. Will hope to eek a bit more development out of him and retain him for a good few years as a sold enough RB

YP02b - Fraser Ward - Released at end of season 7 and retired from the game

YP03a - Steven O'Neil - Lost of a free to QOS after he refused to sign a contract at the end of season 7

YP03b - Michael Scott - Lost to Kilmarnock for £6K compensation in Season 5:(

YP04a - Darren McDonald - Continued to get most of the playing time between the sticks. Doesnt look like much of a keeper and prone to letting in the odd easy goal, but the best we have for now

YP04b - Fraser McRae - 15 goals and 11 assists as a first team regular was nice. Hasnt overly developed over the last 12 months and with us thinking of a single striker formation, he may need to adapt to a deeper role.

YP05a - Jim Bell - Again looks a star in this side based on his attributes, but doesnt perform like one at all. Likely to lose him now as he is out of contract and refuses to discuss a new one

YP05b - Colin Love - A regular sub but no starts, looks again nothing more than a hard working backup

YP06a - Gavin Cooper - The star man from last season and possibly our best prospect. Hit 18 goals in 33 games after missing some time due to injury. Need him to perform if we are to get out of this league.

YP06b - Ross Watson - First choice DM now and struggled a bit with the step up. Still has some potential it looks and will again be key in the DM role where we are really light on bodies

YP07a - Fraser Clark - First choice CB right away and played well in that role. Unfortunately already unhappy as Hearts and Partick both want him. May end up having to cash in :(

YP07b - Jimmy Fraser - Also a first choice at LB and again a good performer with strong physicals. Hope for more development as he gains more experience

The State of the Club

Finances

End of Season Picture - Starting to look reasonably ok for a change, despite high youth setup costs. We would love to go pro but the board are just not having it.

Facilities

Current facilities picture - a YRN upgrade or pro status are desperately needed :(

Changes from last year - Nothing, as far as i can tell!

Transfers

Transfer History - Clean with a few outgoings at the start of season. All but 2 of them retired, so didnt lose much quality!

Career Summary

[b][u]Season          Division                    Final Position           Cups                    Achievements[/u][/b]
  1             Scottish league 2              9th                     Nowt                   Avoided Relegation
  2             Scottish league 2              6th                     Scot cup Rd5         Avoided Relegation
  3             Scottish league 2              10th                   Nowt                    Avoid Relegation (just)
  4             Scottish league 2              9th                     Nowt                    Avoided Relegation
  5             Scottish league 2              1st                     Scot cup Rd5         Promoted!!!
  6             Scottish league 1              8th                    Challenge Cup S/f   Stayed up
  7             Scottish league 1              6th                    Nowt                     Stayed up
  8             Scottish league 1               4th                  Nowt                     Made Playoffs

Aris - 1th division - 2017-2018

Predicted: 14th

Final position: 1th and CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

What a season. Almost from day 1 we were in 1th position. Only 3 losses in a season, so we deserved to be champions. Next season we will play in the 3th pre-eliminary round of the champions league. I hope we will get in the Champions League, because we need the money. The European League just kept us in the black numbers, but we didn't make any profit, and without this profit we can't upgrade anything.

Games

Cup: 2nd round exit. We were awful in the cup and Atromitos kicked us out very easily.

Europe league: Incredibe run. We were kicked out in the 2nd round by Arsenal. In the last play-off round we kicked out Inter. Totally undeserved, but we went true on away goals. 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses in a very tough group earned us a place in the first kickout round. We were very Lucky and got the easiest draw of all against Tel-Aviv, and we got through very easily. Next round was against Barcelona, and they were at least 3 classes better than us. At the end off the season they won the Europe League, so it was no shame that they kicked us out.

Transfers: none

Youth intake: 5 players were tagge, but I think only 3 will get some 1th team game time.

Marco Jansen (YP3a): Dutch right winger. Will be allready back-up next season.

Ilias Tzougoutzidis (YP3b): DC with a lot off potential

Alexander Meier (YP3c): Double nationality. I don't think he will make it to the first team

Merkurios Emvoliadis (YP3d): a good MC

Dimitri Doumas (YP3e): a very welcome DL, but I doubt that he will be good enough

Before this season the board agreed with upgrading youth and training facilities, but even after a very good European run, we were leaking money and the upgrades were cancelled. :(

(Have 1 more season to update so I won't have any goals for next season. ;))

Maidstone United

Season 1 2015/2016

Predicted: 20th and Relegation

Actual Finish: 18th and safety!!!

It was not an easy season, only having one player for certain positions, like goalkeeper and DM, only made it harder. But ultimately I was just happy to stay up in our first season. Hopefully next year we will push on.

The Youth Candidates was not brilliant. But Carl Lancashire was the only bright spark who is already playing in the first team as a CM.

Well the transfers say that 3 players were brought in but that was before I joined. I promise. In fact, here is proof I didn't buy anyone.

The board have accepted an improvement to the youth facilities which is good.

Finances are good. Hopefully they will stay like that and the youth facilities don't get cancelled.

Next Season

1. Finish higher than 18th.

2. Keep the finances under control.

Well after all that, the board have decided to increase the stadium and cancel the youth facilities.

Not sure how i feel about this as the increase attendance may bring more money in but as the challenge is for youth, i feel i'm ultimately disappointed.

Archived