Anyone else get the in-game April Fool yet?

O'sullivan lands barnet windfall.

In a display of incredible generosity,the barnet board have decided to give you a sum in the region of 500 million to spend on players and a new stadium.

Please confirm your acceptance of this unexpected bonus.

Never seen this before and i almost don't want the money. The crazy thing is it's 2024 and i can't improve the stadium until at least 2029.I really think si need to look at this surely ten years is enough of a gap. I've won the champion's league and i'am still stuck in the hive until 2029 at least. Anyway i've had a few to many and have never seen this post before been playing since 95/97 italia and just thought i would share.Madness, almost up there with roberto baggio back in the day.

It's been in every version since the beginning of time.

Just got that message. For a second, I thought "wow, they really have money in wrexham". Then took a screenshot and then and only then realised we are April 1st.

Of course, I clicked on Accept and then got the message... Funny men ;)

I won't be getting it on this version of the game as I'm only in October, and am in work until late tonight - but I've had it a couple of times in previous versions. Was hoping that something new would come up this year to be honest, though I still like it.

You used to be able to make it happen by changing the date on your computer, but I'm not sure if you can still do that.

"In a display of incredible generosity, the Arsenal board have decided to award you a sum in the region of €592M to spend on players and a new stadium. Please confirm your acceptance of this unexpected bonus." Only choice then available is a "accept" button; I would have wanted one that says "Yeah, right ...".

April fool's messages have been in the game a long time. I have seen them before. Don't know exactly when SI started this, and I'm not sure if they're in every edition.

• 11 months later...

My goal for next year, load up FM 10, FM 11, FM 12, FM 13, FM 14 and FM 15, get a save under all of them to March 31st, and then log them all in on April 1st and get a screen shot of each...yeah, I have no life.

My goal for next year, load up FM 10, FM 11, FM 12, FM 13, FM 14 and FM 15, get a save under all of them to March 31st, and then log them all in on April 1st and get a screen shot of each...yeah, I have no life.

Well, I remember my guidance counselor telling me I needed goals. This is as worthy as any I think.

Archived