Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The refs always ending the game exactly when it should has to stop as well. The refs actually have an attribute of time keeping and they also have an attribute of pressure, so they should be allowing more or less time in a game based on that, it shouldnt' be exact.

sounds like a bug, i tend to get an extra 20-30 seconds for them to score :(

Just an issue that's a bit annoying.

Journalists keep asking me on the Greek MVP of the Year award, which player is going to get it. I keep answering the same player again and again but they insist asking me in every single interview. I think that's something to be looked upon, 1-2 answers on that matter are enough, I think.

Just an issue that's a bit annoying.

Journalists keep asking me on the Greek MVP of the Year award, which player is going to get it. I keep answering the same player again and again but they insist asking me in every single interview. I think that's something to be looked upon, 1-2 answers on that matter are enough, I think.

Please upload a save to the Bugs Forum, in the media section (if you haven't already done so).

So after having played 5 full matches as Manchester United I have noticed the following:

- Players trying to buy corners/throws off of an opponent. This flaw also existed in 2013. Why keep this function if it doesn't work properly? A simple attempted cross would be much better in those situations, wheter it is reflected or not. So, get rid of ths function.

- Wingers seem a bit overpowered. They dribble where they want when they want.

- Crosses never reach their target.

- Players rarely try a long pass while playing Standard/Balanced and with no instructions.

- Not many through balls while playing Standard/Balanced and with no instructions.

Besides that I feel I also want to thank you for making this game. I do feel the ME has potential to be much better than the previous one.

I think to a degree will see an improved ME when the update is made available.

I can only stress that where you see issues / potential issues then:

a) raise a bug in the bugs forum

b) upload the PKM to the SI FTP server (takes seconds normally)

c) include in your post minute/seconds of when the incidents happen

The more that gets raised with supporting PKM's / bug reports then the greater the chance of issues getting investogated and hopefully resolved.

With the kind of ME complexity we have in FM any change is always going to be evolutionary rather revolutionary

This is once again a very subjective criticism, but my league results (1st season in Ligue 1) are making me think things are a little too random and the quality of players isn't really being allowed to shine through as much as it should.

I'm managing PSG, and I'm in 1st place, but only by a few points. The other French superpowers are ALL mid-table or relegation candidates. I'm talking Monaco, Lille, Marseille, Lyon. None of them are title contenders and barring a big turnaround, none will be in the Champions League next season. My closest contenders are Rennes and Lorient, who are both in the bottom half of the table IRL.

I'm highly suspicious of the ME when it is producing these sorts of results. My feeling (again, very subjective as I don't have the same means as SI to gather large data) is that the poor finishing is making matches more of a crapshoot than they should be. It seems like it takes VERY large disparities in player quality to show through in ME. So my PSG squad is good enough to top the table by a few points, but talented clubs that aren't head and shoulders above (Monaco, Lyon, Lille, Marseille) can't put together any sort of consistent form.

I can't wait to see this PKM...you do have one don't you ready to upload?

I actually meant 2, not 3. But yes I can upload one. My 2nd keeper got two yellows for handballing it outside of the area. First one got a straight red card for handballing it outside of the area.

well aslong as the post is here for Paul to read (balls in his court if he wants to read/reply) then i've no quarms with the mods :thup:

PaulC most definately visits and reads the posts as do many of the SI team - I think the best way of bringing ME issues to his attention is through raiseing bugs in the bug forum that are appropriately supported with evidence (pkm's etc)

PaulC most definately visits and reads the posts as do many of the SI team - I think the best way of bringing ME issues to his attention is through raiseing bugs in the bug forum that are appropriately supported with evidence (pkm's etc)

Correct.

There is no more efficient way of presenting an example of a potential Bug to SI, than doing so in the appropriate way, with the appropriate evidence and in the appropriate forum.

Whilst PaulC and others frequent this forum and these feedback threads, their focus will be on items that are posted and escalated in the Bugs forum.

Uplaoding a .pkm or save is very simple, and takes a matter of seconds. What greater way to feedback on the game than to log a Bug which gets escalated and fixed, and so makes everyone's experience of the game better?

[/Rose tinted glasses off]

This is once again a very subjective criticism, but my league results (1st season in Ligue 1) are making me think things are a little too random and the quality of players isn't really being allowed to shine through as much as it should.

I'm managing PSG, and I'm in 1st place, but only by a few points. The other French superpowers are ALL mid-table or relegation candidates. I'm talking Monaco, Lille, Marseille, Lyon. None of them are title contenders and barring a big turnaround, none will be in the Champions League next season. My closest contenders are Rennes and Lorient, who are both in the bottom half of the table IRL.

I'm highly suspicious of the ME when it is producing these sorts of results. My feeling (again, very subjective as I don't have the same means as SI to gather large data) is that the poor finishing is making matches more of a crapshoot than they should be. It seems like it takes VERY large disparities in player quality to show through in ME. So my PSG squad is good enough to top the table by a few points, but talented clubs that aren't head and shoulders above (Monaco, Lyon, Lille, Marseille) can't put together any sort of consistent form.

I am beginning to dislike responses that say "well it happens irl" and then giving an example, and I've been guilty and done a few myself so should know, but at the risk of my own post peeing me off; Montpellier won Ligue 1 in 2012, so it's a topsy turvey world. Mental things happen irl in football. That's what makes the game magic. If it can happen in FM occasionally then that's no bad thing, no?

ok but surely before the game is released si have testers, its the same every year maybe next year release it at christmas rather than the dates it is. Just because segas profits seem to affect the release date,

THIS IS NOT A RANT BTW

Why don't you buy it at Christmas next year. Problem solved.

:D Empower yourself to make that informed choice (because you just know it will be the same status quo next year, like it was last, and the one before that and the one befor.....)

Oh man if Toronto is winning the MLS Supporters Shield something is off. If MLS had relegation, they'd have been gone this season. One of only 3 teams to score less than 1 goal per game.

I'd love to see the numbers for shot conversion percentages, and how much they differ between average players and star players with top decisions/finishing/long-shots attributes. I believe someone earlier in this thread said that in their save, Ronaldo was taking something like 25-30 shots per goal, which is very high for him.

fair point, but we want a game that works, thats all you dont buy a car with no engine do you

LOL Watch out for the hammer when comparing FM to a car - However while we are here, the engine (match engine) most certainly is installed. Its just awaiting some tuning. You don't buy a car that never goes back to the garage do you :)

In fairness there have been some issues and hopefully sometime soon we will get an improvement to what we currently have

I am beginning to dislike responses that say "well it happens irl" and then giving an example, and I've been guilty and done a few myself so should know, but at the risk of my own post peeing me off; Montpellier won Ligue 1 in 2012, so it's a topsy turvey world. Mental things happen irl in football. That's what makes the game magic. If it can happen in FM occasionally then that's no bad thing, no?

I understand what you're saying. Good teams have bad seasons and vice versa. However, the complete absence of France's biggest clubs near the top of the table really struck me. I mean, the current EPL season has seen some surprising results so far, but you're still not seeing a situation where Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool are ALL outside the top 4.

I guess the issue is that I see these results as corroborating my idea that decision-making and finishing is too poor among top players, which gives weaker clubs a chance to hang around in games and produce more shocking results.

I understand what you're saying. Good teams have bad seasons and vice versa. However, the complete absence of France's biggest clubs near the top of the table really struck me. I mean, the current EPL season has seen some surprising results so far, but you're still not seeing a situation where Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool are ALL outside the top 4.

I guess the issue is that I see these results as corroborating my idea that decision-making and finishing is too poor among top players, which gives weaker clubs a chance to hang around in games and produce more shocking results.

Yeah, finishing does seem a bit hit and miss (no pun meant) so you could be right on the better players up front not really reaping the benefits over a season. I'm not seeing odd league finishing en masse though over many nations over many seasons, so not sure. I'm not sure about much though, just taking it as it comes. :)

If it puts your mind at ease, this is how the first season in france finished in my save :)

45EE7742E125B3C0B3E4048106CB67D83F119F97

Its just one of those things in FM, each game runs differently. My mate was moaning Moyes got sacked mid second season in his game, but in mines he has won the league twice and the champs league twice in three and a bit seasons. It just depends on how things go sometimes.

If it puts your mind at ease, this is how the first season in france finished in my save :)

45EE7742E125B3C0B3E4048106CB67D83F119F97

Its just one of those things in FM, each game runs differently. My mate was moaning Moyes got sacked mid second season in his game, but in mines he has won the league twice and the champs league twice in three and a bit seasons. It just depends on how things go sometimes.

I see you're not managing a French club, though. People have pointed out that the full ME produces noticeably different results from the quick sim ME.

Ok, I'm just curious..but why is car analogy beeing so harshly punished? At first I thought it was just a joke but it is not..it is kinda funny and I just don't get it. :D

Milner is correct and in addition after <performs search> 11,273 posts doing a comparison between FM and a car tends to freak out the mods.

For the record...playing FM is like making love to a beautiful woman/man <adjust accordingly>, you know its going to be a good experience but sometimes it takes some time to get things performing as you would like :D

Yeah, the quick sim mode is a different world altogether. It produces half the goals a fully simulated league does atm for a start and its calculations are heavily based on reputation.

This is my exact concern. If the quick ME produces "realistic" results (because it's largely reputation based with some random chance thrown in) but the full ME produces results with more unrealistic stats and significantly more upsets, that is a pretty big problem from my POV. It would explain why my home league has such bizarre results while continental results and other view-only leagues seem downright reasonable.

This is my exact concern. If the quick ME produces "realistic" results (because it's largely reputation based with some random chance thrown in) but the full ME produces results with more unrealistic stats and significantly more upsets, that is a pretty big problem from my POV. It would explain why my home league has such bizarre results while continental results and other view-only leagues seem downright reasonable.

AFAIK the quick sim is a bit more complicated than a simple reputation + roll dice equation as it still has to produce statistics somehow and represent player performances. Generally though your concerns may be valid, but the imminent patch will hopefully sort a lot of those balance issues.

I see you're not managing a French club, though. People have pointed out that the full ME produces noticeably different results from the quick sim ME.

Ah, very good point, although it is running on full detail, i have all leagues on full detail, not sure if that would make a difference or not?

Ah, very good point, although it is running on full detail, i have all leagues on full detail, not sure if that would make a difference or not?

It should. Full detail leagues are supposed to be run on the 'real' ME. You can check by clicking on a random match, if you can watch highlights it's not a quick sim.

Just a very quick one off check, i am managing in scotland, in the first season with me there, a total of 645 goals were scored.

i have an Arsenal save from the beta time still there, checked the first season in Scotland and there were a total of 589 goals.

so that is a bit of a difference, not really sure what to read into it tho.

I'm in the Skrill North (now frustratingly entering a 5th season there!) and every season the goals scored have been far higher than the South. I've just changed South to full detail for this season to see if it makes a difference.

Of course, what'll happen now is that the update will come along before I've had a chance to test it properly. :lol:

I'm in the Skrill North (now frustratingly entering a 5th season there!) and every season the goals scored have been far higher than the South. I've just changed South to full detail for this season to see if it makes a difference.

Of course, what'll happen now is that the update will come along before I've had a chance to test it properly. :lol:

I've seen threads in the bugs forum complaining about the exact same issue in Segunda B (Spain) and Lega Pro (Italy). The human manager's group gets drastically different looking results than the other groups at that league level. Definitely some ME issues to sort out there.

Of course, what worries me is that the complaint is usually too many goals in the human manager's division. Yet at the same time, I'm arguing for better finishing.

I've seen threads in the bugs forum complaining about the exact same issue in Segunda B (Spain) and Lega Pro (Italy). The human manager's group gets drastically different looking results than the other groups at that league level. Definitely some ME issues to sort out there. Hopefully the promised fix this week will go a long way towards resolving this. If so, maybe Monaco and Marseille will make late runs in my France save.

Definitely. I'm in Segunda B2 where a little more than halfway through the season there are seven teams with 50+ goals scored, two on 57. In the other three regions there is only one team on 50 between them, most are on less than 40. There's a huge difference atm, but it is a known issue and about to be resolved (well hopefully).

So really if my argument for better finishing is to be taken into account, they're also going to have to make significant improvements to shot selection and decision-making, and really increase the difference between high-attribute and low-attribute players. If they just improve finishing in general it'll just blow up the goal totals in lower leagues even more.

sorry for that stupid question but is here any improvement thread for upcoming versions? cant find it...

just wanted to recommend to add a new goalkeeper attribute "tendency to rush out" because one is to judge about skill "rushing out" , but its also very important to judge the decision when to rush out....i remember a lot of occasions on Mr. Neuer, rushing out, when not needed, same for other goalkeepers...so i would give neuer a high rating at tendency to rush out ;-)

sorry for that stupid question but is here any improvement thread for upcoming versions? cant find it...

just wanted to recommend to add a new goalkeeper attribute "tendency to rush out" because one is to judge about skill "rushing out" , but its also very important to judge the decision when to rush out....i remember a lot of occasions on Mr. Neuer, rushing out, when not needed, same for other goalkeepers...so i would give neuer a high rating at tendency to rush out ;-)

There is Decisions attribute.

So really if my argument for better finishing is to be taken into account, they're also going to have to make significant improvements to shot selection and decision-making, and really increase the difference between high-attribute and low-attribute players. If they just improve finishing in general it'll just blow up the goal totals in lower leagues even more.

And now you begin to see the complexity in making an update, and why its so important for things like pkms and saves, and as many as possible.

Archived