Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

So sega have no minimum QC level tests, and it's all down to SI? cause Creativie Assembley have suggested otherwise.

and if so how can it be to late to release it. If it's in SI's hands they can upload it whenever they want, it's not like they need to verify it with microsoft

Sega lay down the procedures/criteria which SI have to meet QA wise before they will release.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Third game sees me lose due to a confirmed bug of an own goal and then my striker missing chance after chance.

This won't happen if I drop down until the Skrill Prem though, so that's nice. Unacceptable this from SI.

The own goal is a bug, the missed shots you should have done something about, but you already know that.

Unfortunately our requirement for a number of days testing means we have missed the cut off for this weekend.

I hope we can release an ME update next week but it's subject to these days of testing.

Again thanks for your patience.

Next week ? its joke? Maybe next year.

If this is what happens when SI try and overhaul a game then why not drop the yearly new game and just supply a database/minor game update each year for less money? oh yeah thats the key word here.. "money"

Hopefully this will be sorted with the upcoming patch and then I can get on with ignoring my mrs and playing FM every evening after work.. until then I blame SI for the fact that tomorrow I'm going to be dragged around shops xmas shopping!

Watching the games doesn't seem as smooth as previous FMs. Players sometimes just stop, run into each other and perform a bizarre number of back-heels on my game.

Example- From Kick Off my players ran into each other, stopped in a group and let the opposition take the ball from the centre circle within three seconds. A general lack of intelligence

GKs pull off too many world class saves (mine included!) and many strikers seem to struggle.

I still think something is up with playing weak teams! They consistently convert such a high rate of limited CCCs!

If this is what happens when SI try and overhaul a game then why not drop the yearly new game and just supply a database/minor game update each year for less money? oh yeah thats the key word here.. "money"

Hopefully this will be sorted with the upcoming patch and then I can get on with ignoring my mrs and playing FM every evening after work.. until then I blame SI for the fact that tomorrow I'm going to be dragged around shops xmas shopping!

the same reason EA releases a new version of fifa that actually ends up more broken than the last?

Moaned about it on the for.....oh wait.

I've done everything I can do, loaded up pkm's, used the bug forum and it's not been fixed yet. So yeah, why shouldn't I moan? The game is very clearly broken, I paid money for it, I'm not happy about it.

I've done everything I can do, loaded up pkm's, used the bug forum and it's not been fixed yet. So yeah, why shouldn't I moan? The game is very clearly broken, I paid money for it, I'm not happy about it.

Okay, you've done what you could. We're all aware of those bugs. Now stop moaning and wait for the update. :)

Okay, you've done what you could. We're all aware of those bugs. Now stop moaning and wait for the update. :)

Again, it's this attitude that confuses me. You are aware that we've paid money for this game yeah? So to expect it to be in good condition on release date isn't a stretch. They aren't doing us a favour!

I've read back a fair way but still hard to understand; has it been established that there's an issue with finishing and dominating teams yet not scoring and then losing? Is it going to be fixed?

If not I'll crack on and sort my tactics out. Just want to know what the general level of understanding is

Good condition is always subjective in this case. Many of us are having a lot of fun with it, i personally dont see the rush for an update, they will get it out when its good and ready, until then ill plod along. They are not doing me any favours, i paid money for something ive had 180 hours enjoyment out of, i paid more for GTA and completed it in a week. Value for money for me :)

I've read back a fair way but still hard to understand; has it been established that there's an issue with finishing and dominating teams yet not scoring and then losing? Is it going to be fixed?

If not I'll crack on and sort my tactics out. Just want to know what the general level of understanding is

There are issues with too many shots at the moment and a few engagement issues with defenders, but you can still do well and win games if your set up right, id still crack on with perfecting your tactic, it just means when the update comes, you will be ready to fire on with the game :)

There are issues with too many shots at the moment and a few engagement issues with defenders, but you can still do well and win games if your set up right, id still crack on with perfecting your tactic, it just means when the update comes, you will be ready to fire on with the game :)

Great, thanks for the response mate!

Perhaps I'm recalling this with rose tinted spectacles but the beta ME seemed much better than 14.1.3.

That is very odd.

If that is the general consensus perhaps SI could 'roll it back' as a stop gap?

I doubt their collective 'ego' would allow it.

Again, it's this attitude that confuses me. You are aware that we've paid money for this game yeah? So to expect it to be in good condition on release date isn't a stretch. They aren't doing us a favour!

Who you? I've paid as well! It's in more than good condition on the release day for me. Of course that is a subject to someone's opinion, but at the momentmine/yours/anyones moaning won't help. We'll just have to be patient. I can't wait to emulate perforamnce and result from last Sunday over your Gunners. ;)

The defender passes back to the goalkeeper and the keeper runs away from it. 3rd time it's happened to me.

Not seen that one yet, you must be the world's unluckiest FM player :p

I have saw the keeper just standing still while an attacker runs right past him and scores, but only once or twice. Not sure if that's more an animation glitch rather than an actual fault with the ME though, ie could be how the 3D engine handles a striker taking the ball round the keeper. Should still be fixed if it's been raised though.

just started a new game with wolves in league 1. Didn't sell anyone but added frimpong and kasami. First game away at preston, I have highlights set to "key only". 6 highlights in first half, 5 of me attacking and either winger just taps it out for goal kick or striker hits it at keeper/over. 1 highlight and they score from set piece without any of my defenders attempting a tackle.

No highlights in second half despite me setting up to play high tempo, hassle opponents, play direct, run at defence etc.

rubbish. what cracks me up most is people defending it on here as if they've got to for some reason?

As i've said i've been playing FM for years and CM for years prior to that, it seems year on year the initial release has got more buggy.

I think as someone said earlier next year i'll wait until march update and download on the cheap

just started a new game with wolves in league 1. Didn't sell anyone but added frimpong and kasami. First game away at preston, I have highlights set to "key only". 6 highlights in first half, 5 of me attacking and either winger just taps it out for goal kick or striker hits it at keeper/over. 1 highlight and they score from set piece without any of my defenders attempting a tackle.

No highlights in second half despite me setting up to play high tempo, hassle opponents, play direct, run at defence etc.

rubbish. what cracks me up most is people defending it on here as if they've got to for some reason?

As i've said i've been playing FM for years and CM for years prior to that, it seems year on year the initial release has got more buggy.

I think as someone said earlier next year i'll wait until march update and download on the cheap

You're a joke. Playing the game for years and you still don't know that you can't judge based on one game. I'd wager you're an atrocious tactician as well.

Its a very un-Fabio like post. I dont think ive ever seen you have a go at someone before.

Ahhhhh. :D Haven't seen anough of me then, eh. :D ATM I'm annoyed by having to wait for PES 14 DLC, so I had to have a go at someone!

So what if somebody is a bad tactician? It's a bloody game, it's supposed to be fun. A lot of us have jobs and family lives. We don't have time to read up-themselves blogs like Zonal Marking or to spend hours making intricate changes to tactics. I want to be able to set broad guidelines so my team plays in a particular style and to find players who will suit my system. Nothing more complicated than that. I'm not claiming for a second that it isn't possible, because I manage it every year, but there is definitely snobbery on here towards people who aren't all that interested in False 9s and Enganches. How do some of you enjoy football matches? When I'm at a game in real life I'm not looking at the specific role of Lloyd Dyer on the left hand side. I just want him to run fast with the ball and pass it to somebody who can kick it.

So what if somebody is a bad tactician? It's a bloody game, it's supposed to be fun. A lot of us have jobs and family lives. We don't have time to read up-themselves blogs like Zonal Marking or to spend hours making intricate changes to tactics. I want to be able to set broad guidelines so my team plays in a particular style and to find players who will suit my system. Nothing more complicated than that. I'm not claiming for a second that it isn't possible, because I manage it every year, but there is definitely snobbery on here towards people who aren't all that interested in False 9s and Enganches. How do some of you enjoy football matches? When I'm at a game in real life I'm not looking at the specific role of Lloyd Dyer on the left hand side. I just want him to run fast with the ball and pass it to somebody who can kick it.

It is a FOOTBALL MANAGER game, part of being a good Manager is the tactics.

If you don't care to actual coach your team, then why not just sit back and watch the games and not manage a team at all?

The mistake is listening to all these super tacticians :) just choose a formation, give your players a role and let them play.

You'll do just fine and from then on it's about signing better players.

Oi! It's not a game, it's a simulation! On a serious note, I myself want realism and fun being there equally. Try FM Classic mode then and let you assman handle tactics? Full mode might be a bit more for you.

Archived