FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

I just beat Atletico Madrid 9-1 on aggregate in the second round of the Champions League. 3-1 in the away leg and 6-0 at Anfield. Caulker got sent off in the first half too and Sterling got a hatrick. His pace is up to 18 and he can destroy slower full backs. Reina was also in goal for them. Atletico are second in La Liga ahead of Barca. Best result of this save so far.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'

glad people seeing it too it just so bad after 14.2 it jsut I might as well fo a Man city or psg and spend money like it grows on tree just feel like selling and buying new players are not justified anymore. I relly wish it comes back to pre pacth 14.2 where my squad (original liv squad can be sold a semi decent money in which i can justify buying new players just like in IRL with the new patch it just dosent feel the same anymore)

Same in my game with transfers its BS if you tell me surely a fix has to come out before the Feb/March update i use my in game editor to adjust the transfer kitty if i get low fees now

First Season:

2nd in the English Premier League (Need Chelsea do lose to Man City on the last matchday. The drew 1-1 and won the EPL by 1 point over me.)

Quarter Final in the Capital One Cup

Won the English FA Cup

TTlCWkR0.jpeg

eUlmTklE.jpeg

RzAyTm55.jpeg

Transfers:

ZitpNW9k.jpeg

Second Season:

Transfers:

VTl1UmdY.jpeg

Squad:

VlRLTDgz.jpeg

Fixtures so far in my second season:

UlI5V00v.jpeg

would u mind posting the main tactics you use darjan? your team look to be performing great. thanks

Yeah no problem, I'm using the tweaked version of Fussination 1.0 from the user Dave Byrd on this forum. It's very popular on the tactics forum in here.

The tactic is very solid, but you need some good wingers and quick central defenders.

My stats with Liverpool using the tactic so far:

dEdSWmF2.jpeg

RXBaSjJa.jpeg

is SUAREZ a Beast? or is it better to sell him ?

He's easily a 20-30 goals per season fellow.

I sold him to Juve on his last contract year because he was asking for 160k and I didn't want to pay that.

Now he is 35 and still getting 125k and still scoring.

So if you want to keep him, he will keep scoring for you for a decade.

voz7.jpg

ewxx.jpg

Upgraded my youth facilities finally, and just waiting for approval to do it again now. Training facilities are in the process of being upgraded.

About to get into the busy part of the season around Christmas, and injuries may destroy me. But on the plus side I qualified from my UCL group.

Akinfeev is usually available on a free at the end of season 1, and then Ter Stegen at the end of season 2.

There seems to be a trend in the game of clubs not renewing keeper contracts, I cant remember the last time that I actually paid money for a keeper instead of getting him on a free.

Akinfeev is quality. Much better than Mignolet.

I let Johnson go on a free at the end of the second season and he's still hasn't found a club in September but is still playing for England. He has a worldwide rep and his wage demands are crazy so the AI obviously aren't interested.

Rossiter, Sinclair and Zivkovic are all out on loan. Zivkovic was wanted by 47 clubs on loan but chose Atletico. He had Milan, Inter, Porto, Benfica, Sevilla, Valencia, PSV and lots of other top clubs interested. Sinclair and Rossiter are both two footed now and developing rapidly. Hopefully the loanees will play them enough so I won't have to recall them in January.

I signed Clyne (£7.5m), Viktor Fischer (£12.5) and Bojan (£6.5M). Clyne has started off terribly but Bojan and Fischer are both doing well. Bojan still has potential but I doubt whether he can reach it at 25. I'll probably sell Bojan next year as Zivkovic and Sinclair are both going to be better than him by far. Also Rossiter will be second choice defensive midfielder next season too.

I never had problem with mignolet what is the problem guys?? his stats is SEMI decent not decent but its still good what do you guys see what is wrong with mignolet??

I play him as normal gk not sk he seem to be doing ok yes he let in goals but im for the win not cleansheets

I never had problem with mignolet what is the problem guys?? his stats is SEMI decent not decent but its still good what do you guys see what is wrong with mignolet??

I play him as normal gk not sk he seem to be doing ok yes he let in goals but im for the win not cleansheets

He's one of the worst keepers I've used to be honest. Just play him as a normal gk as well, but he gets beaten at his near post so often it's ridiculous. I just got sick of never keeping a clean sheet, cost me too many matches.

If your going to push for next level he just doesnt cut it, he could be a good back up but thats about it.

I also found Mignolet shipped a lot of goals but his ratings were no worse than other keepers. I went with Valdes in my save until a picked up a Wonderkid regen keeper.

I have just got into 2020 in my save and I use Chirivella as back up to Rossiter. Rossiter is awsome and Chirivella is solid player although he looks like he is better in Fancys screenie than he was at that age in my save.

Another of the old guard has gone in the transfer window. Martin Kelly with his usual "I need a new challange blah blah.." plus the fact he was only a backup by now. He went to a Chinese club which I thought was odd. The reason he gave was that it would financially benefit his family. The club (Guangzhou) wouldn't even match his value but on checking I found they are paying him 180k/week! (my highest earner is currently on 130k)

Going to start another Liverpool save, desperate to do well on this game havnt had an success whatsoever since the first week the game was released with Arsenal!

Planning for the future here, what type of striker would be a good partner for Suarez?

I would like to bring in Mitrovic. Do you guys think they could play well together, I cant decide on what roles to give them.

Was thinking Suarez as a false nine so he gets involved in the build up whilst using Mitrovic as a TM, however I guess then neither of them will look to be getting in behind the defence.

So I'm pretty much back and still just on the end of the first season because I felt I rushed into the other update. I have decided to sell Suarez for £65 million instead of selling a much younger Coutinho. That's pretty much all that's changed in terms of outgoings. I'll elaborate later. :)

Maybe they changed his valuation in the update because I am in 2020 and have yet to have a player valued as much as 56m!

Edit: Having just checked my World Class MC (regen) is currently valued at 58 million (bought for 15m in the second season) then I have Balanta and Rossiter at 40 million

Have a struggle start of season 3 no wins in 6 games had a shock loss to M Hafia in the champions league then I bet Barcelona I need to start climbing up the table already players unhappy with the league position

Chirivella for me has tons of potential, and is doing well out on loan. Unfortunately, I seem to have lucked out with Rossiter who's potential is only 1.5 stars and has very poor stats.

Sinclair for me as well has great potential, but I have had a few quality regen's come through as well so it is looking quite bright for the future.

Rossiter and Chirivella are both first team regulars with Rossiter being one of the stars of the team.

PedroChirivella_OverviewProfile-2_zpsb2a6d34e.png

JordanRossiter_OverviewProfile-2_zpsdfb8606e.png

Sinclair has only just come good for me (2019/20 season) and is heading for the Golden boot in his first season as a regular starter.

I dont know how you did that...Did you loan them out in the first season? what did you exactley do season by season with those 2 to get them so good

First team experience is the most beneficial to youngsters. As Jaskiew mentioned if you loan them out make sure they are First Team regulars (preferably Key Players). Also had them tutored of course and decided early on which role I wanted them to perform and focused training accordingly.

I've loaned out Sinclair, Zivkovic and Rossiter this season (third). All three are getting games but only Zivkovic is actually playing well. Sinclair is at Cardiff and has been utterly rubbish. Mackay only plays him for 45mins even when he rarely scores. Rossiter is doing better for Southampton but his form is about 6.8. Zivkovic is playing and scoring for Atletico who are second in La Liga. I'm tempted to bring them all back in January as Sinclair and Rossiter's star rating has fallen and Zivkovic is only developing his pace and accerelation (17 for both already) and I want him to be more rounded. I don't like not having any influence on their training for a whole season. Should I just leave them all on loan? I have a decent squad but I'm still in all competitions and they would get games in the FA Cup and against easier teams at home. Will playing poorly affect their development?

I had Sinclair and Rossiter learn the Develops Weaker Foot PPM and now both are either footed. It hasn't drastically reduced their attributes and both of them look like good players if they were one-footed but excellent as either footed. Sinclair has 15 finishing and 17 composure. His acceleration is 13 and pace is 15. He has good all round stats with only technique at 13 really letting him down at all. I hope he develops further as Suarez has an annoying habit of missing 4 CCCs in a game and then scoring a wonder free kick or a flukey cross-shot. Could other people post some pictures of Sinclair in his early 20s if you've developed him?

I stuck with Jack Robinson and even though his potential is fairly low, he's developed into a decent and reliable full back. He's nowhere near as good as first-choice Ben Davies or Sam Byram on the right but he performs quite well even against quality players. His main issue is a lack of pace but I've been training that heavily and he is getting quicker.

Sterling has developed very well. I've started playing him as a winger on the right instead of an inside forward on the left and he's getting a lot more assists while still scoring a few goals mainly from crosses from the left. He'll soon have 18 acceleration and pace and be "explosive" at last. After that I intend to focus on his technique and finishing. He gets into good positions but wastes too many chances. Him and Zivkovic attacking from the flanks will be interesting.

I'll post some screenshots of these players tomorrow.

Archived