FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

Finished season 5 without success got in 4th place but missed champions league since Man utd won it after finishing 5th gonna change to 4-2-3-1 after using the 4-4-2 for all this save Doria wanted to leave so i sold him to PSG for 40mil & signed Papadopoulos also from PSG its like a swap & signed Ramirez from Real for 24mill to play in the AMC slot havent won much but im enjoying the save will most likey start another game when the feb/march update comes out

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He refused to stop shooting from distance with me. When given a decent run he did alright for me, but that ppm drives me insane. So many decent opportunities ruined from him blasting it over.

I'm thinking about using the editor to take that move out. First of all if you try to re-train him to stop doing it he refuses. Secondly, I don't really think it's an accurate thing as far as how he plays in real life. Yes he does shoot from long range but he doesn't do it so often, and he certainly doesn't do it when he is clean through on goal.

hey guys, just starting season 2 myself, had a reasonable season first season, finishing 3rd to go straight into champions league group phase and also winning fa cup. Used a high pressing 4-1-2-2(wide)-1 tactic that was awesome at home but not great away.

Defensively was poor even though skrtel and agger got good average ratings. Like most of you, I wasn't convinced by Mignolet. Decided to bring Reina back at start of second season, but he conceded 3 in a 3-0 defeat to MUFC in the charity shield and 2 in the opening league game of the season so I've decided to sign Valdes who was still available and sold Reina to Milan for 4 million. Big call, but just feel Valdes should be more reliabe than either Reina or Mignolet (who stays as backup).

Suarez was my top scorer last season even though he only got 15 goals and Sturridge scored in fits and starts. I've brought in Jovetic from City for season 2 to challenge those 2, and I'm also considering Salah before window closes. I also bought the left back Alberto from sevilla for 5m and Zouma from st etienne for 7m and m'vila from rubin for 12 mill. Only really got rid of squad players like Toure, Aspas, Jones and loaned out a lot of youngsters.

So my squad looks like this with about a week to go in summer transfer window to start season 2:

Keepers: Valdes, Mignolet

Right back: Johnson Kelly Flanagan

LB: Enrique, Alberto M.

Cb: Agger, skrtel, sakho, zouma

Dm: lucas, mvila

CM: gerrard, Allen, Henderson

RW; Sterling, Borini

LW: Coutinho

Strikers: Suarez, Jovetic, Sturridge

My questions for people would be:

Did I do the right thing with the keeper situation?

Has anyone had Zouma or Alberto or Mvila or Jovetic before and how do they do?

Who would people buy given the squad above and the fact that I have champions league this year?

Has anyone bought the winger Salah and if so, how did he do?

thanks guys

This thread isnt what it used to be dead most of the time any back to my game since i switched to 4-2-3-1 ive gone 9 games unbeaten & 2 pts behind Chelsea out of the Cap one cup still in the Europa league i have Gerrard,Agger & Alonso on the coaching staff also signed Mascherano on free transfer ill post my squad for season 6 later on

Both Agger and Sakho are left footed. What are peoples experiences playing both in the same team?

I have just finished my second season. Won the League Cup and finished 3rd in the first season without signing any players. In the second won the League and retained the League Cup. Made a mistake selling Mignolet as it is difficult to get a replacement as good. However, Pepe returned and was outstanding in the second season but he now wants a total of £160000 per week to extend his contract.

For season three I have signed Steven Caulker, Wilfrid Bony and managed to resign Mignolet. I have been using a 4-3-1-2 narrow formation but I am wary of the dreaded IA allegedly finding me out.

I've just hit the January transfer window in season 2 sitting nicely in 3rd still 2 points off top despite drawing three of my last four games.

My side is:-

GK - Reina Still conceding too many goals especially soft ones but not sure about giving Valdes a three and a half year deal worth £120k pw. If I go an extra year I can get him for £80k.

RB - Johnson

LB - Enrique

CB - Skrtel and Sakho start for me this season

CM - Lucas and Gerrard

AMR - Suarez chips in with loads of assists and still 9 goals from 23 games. He started AMC but Ward Prowse is a demon there for me

AMC - Ward Prowse I had to pay £18.5m to get him but 8 goals in 14 games is decent

AML - Coutinho chips in with a goal every 3 games and also an assist every three games.

SC - Moratta I paid Real Madrid £16m for him and he started as back up to Sturridge but Sturridge got injured and has never regained his place full time.

Found that I struggle to move players on for a lot of money and also can only afford one or two quality upgrades. Season 1 I went cheap and cheerful to add depth and brought in two DMs as Lucas looked like he was going to move on. Dos Santos has been sold already and Fernando is on the TM. Now I either pay good money for quality or pick up youngsters

Although I don't play that much anymore, just got the news that Jordan Rossiter has been called up for England.. He's only 17 and doesn't turn 18 until March! What a moment it will be if he gets his debut.

Would you have any qualms about playing two right footed defenders? ;) I have Doria, Balanta, Sakho and Dede and have no issues with playing two left footed cbs. Although Balanta is now both footed.

Thanks dan99, I was wondering only within the context of the vagaries of FM14.

Coming towards the business end of season 2 and things haven't been going well at all. Currently sitting 7th after 24 games and even finishing in the top 4 is looking unlikely. Just can't keep consistency in my team. Suarez has spent most of the season injured and my players shooting is wayward. Throwing away too many leads as well, particularly against big teams. Even when I am winning, I am mostly nicking games by the odd goal.

Perhaps Ive been tinkering too much with the tactics but it's frustrating. I beat Chelsea away but lost to Fulham at home...not good! I'm playing 4-1-2-2(wide)-1

I've tried Lewandowski, Sturridge, Suarez and Borini in the striker position and Borini is the only one who has delivered somewhat. He's my top scorer with 14 goals but only 3 of them have come in the league. I find this is the main problem area as I average about 13 shots on goal per game with about 4 on target.

Rossiter and Chirivella have been developing nicely and are getting more games. I'm thinking of a major clearout in the Summer and just keeping younger players as they have been most impressive.

I've generally had success in my other saves but it's just not happening for me. I want to keep 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 but it's looking like I may have to revert to my trusty 4-4-2.

Squad:

GK: Reina, Miglonet

RB: Peruzzi, Kelly, Flanagan

CB: Balanta, Sakho, Agger, Skrtel, Toure

LB: Enrique, Johnson

DM: Rossiter, Lucas

CM: Henderson, Gerard, Chirivella, Allen, Barry

AMR: Suarez, Sterling, Cuenca

AML: Coutinho, Suso, Alberto

ST: Lewandowski, Borini, Sturridge

The AMR, AML and Striker positions are quite interchangeable and I swap around

Im playing rigid philosophy and control mentality at the moment but I have toyed with this a bit. Any help appreciated!

Finally got sick of Mignolet and decided to sign Courtois. £12m up front and £18m over 48 months, but he's young, and a cracking keeper. Not sure if I'm going to keep Mignolet or sell him and get an old keeper as back up, since Jones is retiring.

9 to go in season 2 and I sit second one point off top and one point off fourth. Big gap to Cardiff and West Brom chasing with Arsenal and Spurs way back in 8th and 9th.

Downside is that I've drawn 13 of those games the majority from winning positions but even shutting up shop doesn't help and defending near post corners has been my downfall. Although Chelsea were 8 clear 5 games ago but have experienced a slump lately without playing the big teams.

Plus side is that I have a fair few players scoring into double figures and found that Suarez playing anywhere along the line behind Sturridge or Morata is a revelation. Sterling and Alberto to come back next season along with Yaramalenko coming in on a bosman. Has anyone else found that Sakho spends most of the season on yellow cards? Fined him for a blatant red and he threw the toys out of the pram so he's up for sale right now.

Want to try to get Hughes and Shaw this summer if I can.

Just starting season 5 and Newcastle (who have been bought by a tycoon) have just offered me a whopping £72m for Timo Werner. I don't need the money though, and he is classed as home-grown at the club as I cought him at the start of the save, so I think I will keep him.

I can't really find a decent replacement for him, but I think that is the biggest offer I have ever received!

I know this off topic but how can I get the pictures to be bigger in the post and cut out all the space in between? I'm using Photo Bucket.

I always use the FM screenshots (ALT-F9 in game). I also usually crop them as well before I put them of photobucket to cut any irrelevant information.

For example, my keepers attributes!

babyattributes_zpsada71526.png

Can some one please tell me what I am doing wrong as I keep downloading different tactics for Liverpool and some from this thread that they say always works for them but when I use it they don't seem to work for me so any ideas or a really good tatic that will work. Thanks.

Maloney6776, try this:

----------------------------GK------------------------------

FB/S---------CD/D--------------CD/D---------------CWB/A

--------------DLP/S--------------CM/D--------------------

W/A ------------------------------------------------IF/S

---------------F9/S-------------AF/A-------------------

If you are in season one, I would suggest using the following players:

Mignolet

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Gerrard Lucas

Sterling/Moses/new signing Coutinho

Suarez Sturridge

Attacking, Fluid,

Pass Into Space, Hassle Opponents, Tighter Marking

It is quite an aggressive tactic, but one that works quite well. I would give Sturridge an instruction to move into channels, coutinho to sit narrower, Sterling or your AMR to stay Wider, Enrique to run wide with ball and there should be some success in that.

Candreva would be a good signing for the AMR role, he is very consistent, has good stats in the key areas and whilst not being a world beater, has done very well for me over the last few seasons. He has also not got much left on his contract at the start of the game and so is available pretty cheaply.

Maloney, also make sure you are training the players in the tactic right form the start of the game to make them as familiar with it as possible. Make sure on your tactics you are training them on tactics in the match training section, general training does nothing to improve tactical familiarity.

Maloney, also make sure you are training the players in the tactic right form the start of the game to make them as familiar with it as possible. Make sure on your tactics you are training them on tactics in the match training section, general training does nothing to improve tactical familiarity.

I have done that it's just with the tactics it's always works in preseason but when the season starts it don't work as I am creating chances and not scoring and end up losing.

So I finished season 2 and my team started to click again towards the end of the season.

BPL: FInished 4th (nearly 3rd) after both Arsenal and City imploded towards the end which pretty much rescued my season.

FA Cup: Knocked out in the 5th Round

League Cup: Beat West Ham 2-1 in final

CL: Beaten on penalties by Barca in 1st knockout round

Suarez and Gerard spent a lot of the season out injured. Gerard only played 16 games yet managed to score 7 in the league.

None of my strikers were up to scratch so I will be willing to listen to offers for any of them.

Sterling, Rossiter and Chirivella have progressed well. Need a bit more consistency for the upcoming season.

Was looking to sign Ferreyra as he has been banging in goals for Shakhtar

Maloney6776, try this:

----------------------------GK------------------------------

FB/S---------CD/D--------------CD/D---------------CWB/A

--------------DLP/S--------------CM/D--------------------

W/A ------------------------------------------------IF/S

---------------F9/S-------------AF/A-------------------

If you are in season one, I would suggest using the following players:

Mignolet

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Gerrard Lucas

Sterling/Moses/new signing Coutinho

Suarez Sturridge

Attacking, Fluid,

Pass Into Space, Hassle Opponents, Tighter Marking

It is quite an aggressive tactic, but one that works quite well. I would give Sturridge an instruction to move into channels, coutinho to sit narrower, Sterling or your AMR to stay Wider, Enrique to run wide with ball and there should be some success in that.

Candreva would be a good signing for the AMR role, he is very consistent, has good stats in the key areas and whilst not being a world beater, has done very well for me over the last few seasons. He has also not got much left on his contract at the start of the game and so is available pretty cheaply.

Thanks I will try this.

MIDWAY SEASON 2 UPDATE:

Quick update regarding state of how my season is panning out. Currently played 26 league games so far, and top 4 are as so:

1. Liverpool (64pts)

2. Chelsea (63pts)

3. Man Utd (54pts)

4. Man City (47pts)

Other notable team positions have Arsenal in 10th (37pts) and Everton in 14th (26pts). Didn't manage to get another ubeaten league campaign under my belt, but suppose it had to end some time.

Other competition news:

At beginning of the season I was beaten on pens by Chelsea in Community Shield.

Capital One Cup seen be being knocked out in fourth round by Newcastle, 4-0. But I did field a weakened-side.

I'm through to the 6th round of the FA Cup, away to Chelsea.

I finished second in my Champions League group, behind Schalke, and drew Barcelona in first knockout stage. Just played first match against them at home and surprisingly beat them 4-1. Absolutely dominating the match.

Didn't really do much in the January transfer window, mainly down to me having a lack of funds, but did bring in a few regens and Ward-Prowse from Southampton for £9m. Transfer listed a lot of squad players, but nobody came calling, so will try to shift them on at end of season (Reina, Robinson, Ilori, Coates, Sturridge, Aspas)

Current squad:

GK: Valdes/Mignolet

DR: Johnson/Kelly/Flannagan

DC: Skrtel/Coates

DC: Agger/Sakho

DL: Shaw/Enrique

DM: Lucas/Rossiter/Onazi

CM: Henderson/Ward-Prowse

CM: Koke/Gerrard/Allen

RW: Sterling/Suso

LW: Coutinho/Ince/Aspas

CF: Suarez/Barbosa/Sturridge

MIDWAY SEASON 2 UPDATE:

Quick update regarding state of how my season is panning out. Currently played 26 league games so far, and top 4 are as so:

1. Liverpool (64pts)

2. Chelsea (63pts)

3. Man Utd (54pts)

4. Man City (47pts)

Other notable team positions have Arsenal in 10th (37pts) and Everton in 14th (26pts). Didn't manage to get another ubeaten league campaign under my belt, but suppose it had to end some time.

Other competition news:

At beginning of the season I was beaten on pens by Chelsea in Community Shield.

Capital One Cup seen be being knocked out in fourth round by Newcastle, 4-0. But I did field a weakened-side.

I'm through to the 6th round of the FA Cup, away to Chelsea.

I finished second in my Champions League group, behind Schalke, and drew Barcelona in first knockout stage. Just played first match against them at home and surprisingly beat them 4-1. Absolutely dominating the match.

Didn't really do much in the January transfer window, mainly down to me having a lack of funds, but did bring in a few regens and Ward-Prowse from Southampton for £9m. Transfer listed a lot of squad players, but nobody came calling, so will try to shift them on at end of season (Reina, Robinson, Ilori, Coates, Sturridge, Aspas)

Current squad:

GK: Valdes/Mignolet

DR: Johnson/Kelly/Flannagan

DC: Skrtel/Coates

DC: Agger/Sakho

DL: Shaw/Enrique

DM: Lucas/Rossiter/Onazi

CM: Henderson/Ward-Prowse

CM: Koke/Gerrard/Allen

RW: Sterling/Suso

LW: Coutinho/Ince/Aspas

CF: Suarez/Barbosa/Sturridge

Nice start you have going there. I've got 5 games to go in season 2 (4 at home shame my away record is far better at 12-4-1) and I currently sit top by 2 points with a game in hand on Man Utd in second, 5 points clear of Man City and 8 clear of Chelsea back in 4th but I don't have a game in hand on them. Arsenal and Spurs way back in about 8th and 9th Everton even further back and Martinez is under pressure. I have Reading (relegated last season) in the FA Cup Final. In the Champions League I cruised through my group of Inter, Anderlecht and Benfica then beat Celtic 4-0 away and 1-0 at home in the last 16. Drew Man Utd in the Quarter Finals losing 1-0 away and winning 3-0 at home. Next game is in 2 days in the semi final first leg against Real Madrid (Chelsea v Porto in the other semi final).

As for your set up I've been using Kelly as cover for Skrtel, Agger and Sakho (who constantly gets booked). Seeing as I have games thick and fast he's playing quite regularly now and playing very well.

My formation is set up differently to you though as I play GK, RB, RCB, LCB, LB, RCM, LCM, RW, AM, LW, ST as my formation with my best 11 being Reina, Montoya, Skrtel, Sakho, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard (but he only plays the big games now), Suarez, Ward Prowse, Coutinho, Sturridge/Morata. Ward-Prowse has been a revelation there for me.

Almost finished with my first season with LFC. I´m in march, top of the league 1 point ahead of Arsenal. But i am not very satisfied with nye 4-2-3-1 formation.

Does anybody have any tactical tips about team instruction ?

My team at the moment:

Mignolet

Johnson - Sakho - Agger - Enrique

Lucas - Gerrard

Suarez - Coutinho - Pastore

Sturridge

Forgot to mention that Everton finished bottom in season 2!

Started to ship out some players for the start of season 3. Aspas for £10.5M, Luis Alberto for £5.5M and have agreed to sell Lewandowski to City for £30M odd but don't know whether to go ahead as my number one target Ferreyra has chose Chelsea ahead of me.

I've bought in a couple of regens in but a left back is still a priority

Argh, I've been waiting for today to start a new save. So I could play with any players we signed in the window you see. Anyway, that obviously hasn't happened but I still want to start a game. I'll go back and read through the thread but duress anyone have any gems of information or advice for me before I get started? Thanks!

Is it easy to sell Suarez, Agger, Sturridge and Johnson ? . Iam in 2 season , couldnt sell them in august transfer, and want to sell

Now i want to sell the in januar transfer 2015. Suarez asking Price is 32,5 mill £, Agger asking Price is 5,5 mil £ and Johnson is 6,75 mill £ - Understand Johnson because his contract is finished in the summer 2015. Sturridge asking Price is 14.75 mill £

Would they be sold with the asking price ?

I have him trained as an attacking midfielder and play him just behind the striker. I had this forced upon me when I suffered a spate of injuries at the same time since then he has been excellent starting 40 games last season (2014/2015) scoring 17 and laying on 17 goals at an average of 7.24 for the season.

I have just finished the season and managed to win the league, fa cup and champions league this season. Morata finished top scorer, Skrtel won players player of the year (he's been excellent alongside Sakho) and Suarez managed the most assists in the league.

Next season I will have Suso and Sterling back from loan as well as Yaremenko joining on a bosman. Looking to address the left back area and hopefully add Will Hughes to the team depending upon how much money the board gives me

So, I've sold Agger for a big fee ( only 4.4m up front), and got rid of most of the crap youth. I've had a massive staff overhaul and I've bought Adnan (gk, free), benouyn (WG, free), and Balanta for £6m. Got some young prospects in too too. No one with any hints or tips for me??? Great ghtead...

Archived