FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only have two keepers at the club. Courtois & Bardi. Never play a keeper on the bench and just have Bardi in my first team, but available for my reserves. Would have one in the under 18's, but not seen anyone worth buying yet. Might be a bit risky only having two keepers mind.

First Year Transfers

tiofirst.jpg

Second Year Transfers

What you can't see from the transfers out is the £9M sale of Reina.

tiosecond.jpg

Third Year Transfers

What you can't see from the transfers out are all loans.

tiothird.jpg

What have I got to sing about?

Not a lot.

landmarks.jpg

Strongest Starting XI and Subs

Not a lot.

xi.jpg

I HATE how underrated most of the players are on this years FM.

me too ash! you look at the ability theyve given sturridge and then compare it to bendtner at arsenal and they are quite even. which is absolutely ridiculous given sturridges performances. even suarez isnt great statistically compared to some of the gunners players and hes probably the best player in the premier league IRL. is slightly disappointing how underrated the squad is in places.

me too ash! you look at the ability theyve given sturridge and then compare it to bendtner at arsenal and they are quite even. which is absolutely ridiculous given sturridges performances. even suarez isnt great statistically compared to some of the gunners players and hes probably the best player in the premier league IRL. is slightly disappointing how underrated the squad is in places.

Can't give details, but it will get better in the new update. I don't think Sturridge has gotten the boost he should have, but a couple of our other first team players have been improved rather dramatically.

I'm midway through third season but have to say my progress has stalled. Came 3rd in PL and won FA cup in first season but then dropped down to 6th in 2nd season with no cup success ( lost FA cup final). Jan in 3rd season and I'm 6th again.

My problem positions are:

Goalkeeper - just sold Valdes and so just have mignolet. neither are great but valdes made so many mistakes I had to get rid. Now need someone to come in to challenge mignolet.

Left back - brought in luke shaw in summer to challenge enrique and he's been so mistake-prone.

Striker - Suarez had a rotten year last year and Sturridge has never been good enough for me in this save. However, I may have rectified this problem by bringing in Lukaku and morate both from Madrid in this window.

I'm midway through third season but have to say my progress has stalled. Came 3rd in PL and won FA cup in first season but then dropped down to 6th in 2nd season with no cup success ( lost FA cup final). Jan in 3rd season and I'm 6th again.

Goalkeeper - just sold Valdes and so just have mignolet. neither are great but valdes made so many mistakes I had to get rid. Now need someone to come in to challenge mignolet.

Left back - brought in luke shaw in summer to challenge enrique and he's been so mistake-prone.

Striker - Suarez had a rotten year last year and Sturridge has never been good enough for me in this save. However, I may have rectified this problem by bringing in Lukaku and morate both from Madrid in this window.

One of the best buys I've made in my save was Akinfeev. Got him for 4 mil in January 2014 and he has been great for me. He might solve your keeper problem. If not look in Germany and Holland, they usually produce good regen keepers.

Tried to turn my laptop on last night and it says it cannot detect the HD. Absolutely gutted, was well and truly in to my save as well! Borrowed my brothers for a couple of weeks, gives me enough time to get a couple of seasons under my belt and until I can buy my own. Not sure if i'll just replicate everything I've done already or start fresh...

If you have £30m spare, Courtois is a fantastic keeper. Expensive though, and asks for around £100k p/w.

I started a mew game today, doing my standard thing of only buying U18 players. With that in mind I spent £17.75 (a fat bunch of it over 48) on Will Hughes. I've tried to get rid of as much rubbish as I can. I've got Fulton as my 2nd choice keeper, he's developing very quickly. But he was in goal when I got knocked out of the cup 5-2 by Fulham... Should've seen it coming really.

Ibe, Rossiter, Chirevila, Sinclair, Lussey, Jones, Mclaughlin, obv Sterling have all featered for the side so far. Coming 4th mid way through November. Suarez is back now and its made a huge difference.

Finished season 4 and it wasn't a great one. Finished 4th in the League although it didn't feel deserved because the team was so bad. Had players moaning about underachieving by Nov/Dec of the season. Won the FA Cup by beating Man Utd in the final.Struggled for goals after letting Lewandowski go. Sinclair started with 4 in 4 but didn't score again in the league for the rst of the season. Rescaldani didn't fair too good and only got 6 goals and was sold at seasons end. Tiago Llori broke the Sahko/Balanta partnership after a serious of fine displays. Gerrard just retired and capped his career off with a brace in the final game of the season

Transfers In:

Dongou £20M

Xabi Alonso Free

Transfers Out:

Rescaldani £15M

Squad:

GK: Reina, Ruilli

RB: Perruzzi, Flanagan, Kelly

LB: Willems, Enrique

CB: Balanta, Sahko, Llori, Agger, Wisdom

CM: Rossiter, Henderson, Classie, Chirivela, Allen, Lucas

RW: Nem, Nasser (regen), Ibe

LW: Suarez, Sterling

CAM: Quintero, Suso

ST: Dongou, Sinclair, Borini

Out of loan: Allione, Hughes and some very promising regens

@Trevomac

Rescaldani was fairly solid for me in 1 1/2 seasons. Didn't score huge amount of goals, but playing him as a target man helped connect my play really well. Just sold him to PSG for 40M though, coz it's stupid money for him.

I'm just struggling to get goals from my lone strikers. Most goals come from my wingers. Lewandowski was the only striker to score consistently for me

Right so I finally seem to have something good going with my Liverpool side (I say that as I sit 7th towards the end of December). But as i've seen many people say on here it's all about surviving in the first season. I have the day off today so am hoping to finish the season, premier league years is on the tele so I can't see myself leaving the sofa too soon.

Anyway my signings in the first transfer windows were:

John Souttar 1 Million

Tom Ince 3 Million

Nic Gaitan Loan

Adan Free (backup keeper)

Nekounam 140k

Stevie May 100k

Gallas Free (missed out on signing Erazo)

Strandberg 325k

Out

Skrtel 5 Million

Reina 9 Million

Assaidi 5 Million

Ward-Prowse is join in January for 23 Million and also Alex from Coritiba (they got relegated and he wanted to leave, pergfect tutor for Coutinho)

Just in Jan 5th season, 6 points off top with a game in hand and through to the LC final.

Sold Kelly and Wisdom, got £15M between them. Lucas has rejected a new deal and will be signing for Monaco on a bossman. Not too bothered about it as he is only a rotation option for me. Just after I sold Kelly and Wisdom I encountered a horrible defensive crisis than spanned four or five games. Llori, Sakho, Agger, Willems, Flanagan and Enrique were all out injured and Balanta was suspended for one of the games. 2 games resulted in a back four of Perruzzi-Lucas-Alonso-Rossiter. I did managed to win them both. Lucas ended up playing 5 games in a row as a centre half and played very well.

Dongou has been injured most of the season so brought in Balotelli in Jan on loan for cover.

Players In:

Balotelli (loan)

Will Hughes (loan recall)

Players out:

Kelly £7M

Wisdom £8M

Borini £20M

Ibe (loan)

Sinclair (loan)

Mason (regen ST)(loan)

Summer 2014, finished 2nd on 83 points, Semis of FA Cup and all performed well, but can't seem to get anything above pathetic value offers for any of the guys I want to sell- Sturridge, Johnson, Skrtel, Enrique, Reina/Mignolet... including no interest in Sturridge at all even for £5m! Any one experienced similar?

So, finally managed to start a save and actually finish the first season, and I must say it ended rather well:

89mp.jpg

On top of that, I also grabbed an FA Cup win, so a nice double in the first season.

My best 11:

yr8c.jpg

Transfers in:

00pd.jpg

Transfers out:

http://imageshack.com/a/img833/3276/4b8q.jpg

NOTE: Prices are in EURO, not pound.

Also released and loaned out a lot of youngsters, but that's less relevant.

My biggest challenge was getting my left wing (Coutinho/Sterling) to function properly, so I've been tweaking a bit all season (You can see some details in my thread in the tactics forum, "4-1-2-2-1 attacking trio not scoring enough")

So, for the new season, I've so far managed to grab a few improvements to the team:

Igor Akinfeev - free transfer

Luke Shaw - €30M (most over 48 months)

Gareth Barry - free transfer (experienced backup to have)

Sergi Roberto - €925k (needed more depth on the DLP position, and he can play the attacking one as well)

Declan Rudd - free transfer (HG third choice keeper)

Sold off a few as well:

Yossi Benayoun - €140k

Keisuke Honda - €7.25M

Adan, Fulop went on free transfers

Seb Coates - €1.3M

Luis Alberto - €500k

Iago Aspas - €5M

So far I'm basically through pre-season, and Stevie G has just now, a week before the real games begins, been put out for 2-3 months due to arthritis surgery. Thankfully he's not the all-powerful superstar he once was, so I feel I should be okay without him.

Just finished season 5. Won the League and League Cup. Lost on peno's in the FA Cup final to West Ham and was knocked out of the CL to Real Madrid in the first knockout round (i'm brutal in Europe).

Suarez was my top scoring with 17 league goals from the left wing but Raheem was my highest rated player. Sakho once again got fans player of the season.

Going to start trimming the squad a bit. Have no desire to bring in anybody new. Lucas will be leaving for free. I've already agreed to sell Canos, Yessil and a couple of others who never made the first team. I will look to more Jordy Classie on as he only featured in 10 league games.

Best XI:

------------Ruilli

Peruzzi-Sakho-Balanta-Willems

-----Rossiter-----Chirivella

Sterling----Quintero---Suarez

--------Dongou/Sinclair

What does everyone think of Willems in the game? I only have Enrique at the minute in first season but will need back up sooner or later!

I do like Luke Shaw but he takes a massive chunk of my budget! Are there any others that prove to be decent?

Laptop arrived yesterday so had a few hours to finish my pre-season. Managed to bring in Bruno and Fernando, both £5m each. No outgoings and I have called Rossiter, Sinclair & Ilori to the first squad. Current XI is

GK(D): Mignolet/Jones

FB(S): Johnson/Kelly

CD(D): Sakho/Skrtel

CD(D): Agger/Ilori

WB(A): Enrique/Cissokho

A(D): Lucas/Fernando/Rossiter

DLP(S): Gerrard/Allen

MC(A): Henderson/Alberto

W(A): Bruno/Sterling

AP(S): Coutinho/Alberto

AF(A): Suarez/Aspas/Sturridge

7 games gone and I am 6th with 3 wins and 4 draws - no losses. Seem to be leaking goals - certainly not an idea starting position but could be worse. I'll keep you updated.

What does everyone think of Willems in the game? I only have Enrique at the minute in first season but will need back up sooner or later!

I do like Luke Shaw but he takes a massive chunk of my budget! Are there any others that prove to be decent?

I think he's fairly solid. Would prefer Alex Sandro but again he's quite expensive

Alex Telles has been excellent for me. Cost about 11M

Just finished season 1, ended up 7th. 2 points behind Everton. But sadly Cardiff won the League Cup so it's another season without European football

Suarez was the Prem Top Scorer with 20 in 30, also won Player of the year. Ward-Prowse had an excellent end to the season, but I just couldn't catch Everton. Going to attempt a complete defensive overall, Enrique and Johnson were useless for me.

Thinking about Jung at Right Back, and Shaw at LB if i can afford

hey all, im giving in and picking up FM14 tonight, going to start as my beloved liverpool obviously :)

Is Sturridge useless on this game then? Has anyone got any good out of him?

I was thinking of bringing Suso back straight away to save on buying any attackers right away, buying Balanta for the defence, selling Johnson as i dont rate him at all, how much do you think i could get for him?

Ins:

Suso return

Balanta 5mil?

Bremen left back whose name evades me right now...providing he is worth it.

Montoya or Alves providing Montoya i can get on loan!

Out's:

Johnson

What do u reckon?

Also is Reina worth keeping when he returns? What formations are working well? this will be the first time i dont buy Fierro from the start.

ok im started, my first and only signing so far is Cerri from Parma, im currently finalising a buy now loan back deal for balanta!!

Have they not update Januarys transfers then?

Also why is Konoplyanka called Eugene and not Yhevan?

Naa the January update isn't out yet. Not sure about Kono, good catch

Its hard to sell players in this version of FM then any other version

Ridiculous! I'm trying to offer Johnson out for FREE in my second season and no one even wants a sniff! Skrtel & Toure went for a combined £750K - unbelievable. Is our researcher a manc in disguise?

Ridiculous! I'm trying to offer Johnson out for FREE in my second season and no one even wants a sniff! Skrtel & Toure went for a combined £750K - unbelievable. Is our researcher a manc in disguise?

Hmm. Or you are not doing it right.

My sales so far:

Reina - €12M (right at the start)

Joe Allen - €4M (he got unhappy about competition)

Franco Zuculini - €500k (surplus)

Benayoun - €140k (surplus)

Keisuke Honda - €7.25M (random bid out of nowhere, decided to grab the cash)

Coates - €1.3M

Luis Alberto - €500k

Iago Aspas - £5M

Assaidi - €1.6M

Skrtel - €4M (was unhappy with me, sold off asap)

Mignolet - €3M (was backup for a year, decided to sell)

Wisdom - €7.5M (bid out of nowhere - decided to grab as he would never break into the team anyway)

Gareth Barry - €110k

Jose Enrique - €6.25M

Borini - €2.2M

Tiago Ilori - €500k

Jordon Ibe - €400k (not going to break into the first team squad in this save)

And I am in no way good at selling players for good value - I tend to accept whatever offer comes as I just want to get rid of them.

Hmm. Or you are not doing it right.

My sales so far:

Reina - €12M (right at the start)

Joe Allen - €4M (he got unhappy about competition)

Franco Zuculini - €500k (surplus)

Benayoun - €140k (surplus)

Keisuke Honda - €7.25M (random bid out of nowhere, decided to grab the cash)

Coates - €1.3M

Luis Alberto - €500k

Iago Aspas - £5M

Assaidi - €1.6M

Skrtel - €4M (was unhappy with me, sold off asap)

Mignolet - €3M (was backup for a year, decided to sell)

Wisdom - €7.5M (bid out of nowhere - decided to grab as he would never break into the team anyway)

Gareth Barry - €110k

Jose Enrique - €6.25M

Borini - €2.2M

Tiago Ilori - €500k

Jordon Ibe - €400k (not going to break into the first team squad in this save)

And I am in no way good at selling players for good value - I tend to accept whatever offer comes as I just want to get rid of them.

What can I do 'wrong' about trying to give away a 3 and a half rated right back for free?

I haven't played as Liverpool but I've seen them really struggle in a couple of saves, and no from another thread that a few people have seen them relegated within the first 3-5 seasons. Do you guys think they've been underrated? Suarez and Sturridge certainly seem to have been.

Yeah selling players is very difficult. I had to put up with some players for a while and then after they put in some good performances, sell them then.

I had a major struggle getting rid of Johnson as well though. He is just awful to sell. In the first patch you could sell him for like 20M almost.

Alright, I'm currently doing a youth team challenge with Liverpool (basically no incoming transfers) and I was thinking, what should I do with Reina when he comes back to Liverpool?

Mignolet is good enough to be my first team 'keeper until a world class regen comes through the ranks at some point (which is unlikely for a long time, because it never happens to me :lol: ) but with Brad Jones being the only viable back up until Fulton develops, should I keep Reina until his contract runs out at 34 and use him in rotation, or sell him?

Alright, I'm currently doing a youth team challenge with Liverpool (basically no incoming transfers) and I was thinking, what should I do with Reina when he comes back to Liverpool?

Mignolet is good enough to be my first team 'keeper until a world class regen comes through the ranks at some point (which is unlikely for a long time, because it never happens to me :lol: ) but with Brad Jones being the only viable back up until Fulton develops, should I keep Reina until his contract runs out at 34 and use him in rotation, or sell him?

I won't give it long before you're banging your head against the wall with Mignolet.

Archived