FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

Evening(/morning gang)!

I've just won the league (by the skin of my teeth) and am now strengthening for my second campaign. At the moment, I've got £50m to spend, and I need to strengthen in three areas. I need:

Left footed AMR

RB (Backup)

CB (Backup)

Any bright ideas?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You need a back up CB? :D You not got enough with Agger, Skrtel, Sakho, Toure and Wisdom no? :D

Sold Skrtel and Toure, and Wisdom's out on loan - wasn't getting enough games under his belt and it was hampering his development.

I've now got Agger, Sakho, Doria and Alvarez Balanta, so some old fart to sit around and fill in in a crisis would be marvellous :p

Suarez

Coutinho - Ozil - Lamela

Hamsik

Lucas

Shaw - Balanta - Papadopoulos - Srna

Akinfeev

You'd think I'd score tons of goals and concede a lot (Shaw has been developing terribly), but 13 clean sheets in the last 15 games and just 23 goals scored in that time.

Suarez

Coutinho - Ozil - Lamela

Hamsik

Lucas

Akinfeev

You'd think I'd score tons of goals and concede a lot (Shaw has been developing terribly), but 13 clean sheets in the last 15 games and just 23 goals scored in that time.

My team is the opposite :) After 27 league games in season 3 I have had 4 clean sheets and the worst defensive record in the top 10 but still have the best GD :p

Suarez

Coutinho - Ozil - Lamela

Hamsik

Lucas

Akinfeev

My team is the opposite :) After 27 league games in season 3 I have had 4 clean sheets and the worst defensive record in the top 10 but still have the best GD :p

Gerrard at 34 in my save is still a force & was fans player of the year in season 1

I have extended Gerrards contract to 2017 after which he will become a coach.

I was hoping Alex would stay for another season but he announced his retirement. He is 38 but still has 6 attributes at 20 also has good coaching stats but says he doesnt want to become a coach.

I think keeping clean sheets is very difficult unless you play a very deep defensive line as defenders deal very poorly with direct ball in behind. Almost all the goals I concede are like this but I usually outscore the opposition so it doesn't matter too much. Mignolet is also excellent at one one ones but Akinfeev is a much better keeper on lower wages so Mignolet was shipped.

I sold Enrique, Luis Alberto, Mignolet, Assaidi, Aspas, Yesil, Flannagan, Wisdom at the end of the first season. I got some decent fees too, £7.5m for Assaidi, £10m for Mignolet, £8.5m for Aspas. Only £1m for Enrique who no one wanted except of Villareal but Davies is far superior and I want to develop Robinson as a backup. If you give me the choice between a youngster with potential to develop or an older player as a back up, I'll almost always pick the youngster.

I brought in Sven Bender for £5m from Barca on £50k a week which was a bargain I couldn't pass on. He's nearly as good as Lucas and much cheaper. If someone makes a big offer for Lucas, I'll probably sell. I also signed Doria for £12m. He's still only 19 and has developed better than Balanta. He far more balanced and much better mentally too. I'm hoping to develop him as a ball playing centre back. Him and Sakho are the long-term replacements for Agger and Skrtel. I was going to go English but Cardiff wanted over £20m for Caulker and Doria is already better with higher potential. I also signed Mohammed Salah for £10m as competition for Sturridge as I don't think Sean Murray will develop into a top player. I think he doesn't train particularly well and might have low professionalism or ambition. Salah has four star potential and has 19 acc and 16 pace so hopefully he'll be good. Lastly I signed Sam Byram from Leeds for £5m and Alex McCarthy for £3.5m from Reading. Both were outstanding in the Championship last season and have good potential. Byram has determination of 9 which will have to be improved.

On the youth front Hughes is the stand-out player and looks like Gerrards replacement. He's already a 3-star player and has plenty of potential left and he plays very well every game. Jerome Sinclair is already a decent player at 17 and in 3 years or less he's going to be a beast. Rossiter is the same. Already good enough for the Premiership at 17 and improving very rapidly with first-team experience against weaker opposition at home. Murray has stagnated a bit but he's two-footed so that could be a little misleading. Sterling has developed and has huge potential. Ibe is slowly developing and only has 3 and half star potential but he does play well. Zivkovic has been sent on loan to Leeds due to Borini being in the squad and Zivkovic is more developed that Sinclair. If he doesn't get games I'll recall him before the window shuts. Suso is back at last and has huge potential and good stats in all the right places. I'll focus on developing him this season and I want to see at least four or more stats about 15 by the start of the new year. He barely played at Almeria who were diabolical anyway.

Rossiter, Suso, Sterling, Sinclair and Zivkovic all have five star potential. Hughes and Murray have four star. I'll be playing these youngsters in both cup with occasional senior players for tough matches.

It's nice to still have the core of the current Liverpool side and I'm delighted that youngsters like Rossiter, Sinclair and Suso have such huge potential.

Made it to the last 16 of the champions league though i got belted by Barcelona in the last group game & lost patience with Zieler dropped him & using Ochoa gonna try to sign Stegan in Januray as i have 48 mill in the bank

Finally started a game with Liverpool. Signed the 3 Italians Pugliese, Rugani (getting him tutored by Toure, determination has went up 3 within a month) and Cerri straight away, less than a million each. Jonathan Silva came in as back up to Enrique, with Cissokho being sent back to Valencia. Then signed Doria and Balanta, with Skrtel leaving to make room. They'll be my first choice once Agger leaves probably, so Balanta is training to use his other foot. Javi Garcia comes in on loan as back up to Lucas. Very happy with my business so far.

Had a bit of an injury crisis in the pre season though, with Jones, Agger, Doria, Enrique, Lucas, Allen and Coutinho all injured. Enrique is the only long term injury though, at 3 months.

Season 3 Review

Third times the charm for the league after two seasons of being runner up although the points tally would only have enough for 2nd the previous two seasons :)

Got some tough draws in all the cups so not much luck on that front.

RESULTS

Euro Super Cup: WINNERS Liverpool 3 (Sakho, Suarez, Paloschi) Inter 1 (Munoz)

Capital One Cup: FOURTH Rnd Liverpool 1 (Paloschi) Man Utd 2 (Pastore 2) aet

World Club Cup: WINNERS Liverpool 4 (Fabiano o.g, Cerri, Alex 2) Flamengo 2 (Valdes o.g. Andre)

FA Cup: FOURTH Rnd Liverpool 0 Tottenham 1 (Ayew)

Champions League :Quarter Final Liverpool 3 (Sakho, Suarez 2) Real Madrid 4 (Isco 2, Ronaldo, Bale)

Premier League: WINNERS Liverpool 80 pts Man Utd 74pts Newcastle 74pts Chelsea 74pts

PLAYERS

Suarez was Premier League top scorer and Coutinho had highest average rating in the league .

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-3_zpsbe28a78c.png

Summer transfers so far

OUT: Agger (Free), Alex (retired)

IN : Nastasic 6m , Will Hughes 5m

Plus regen Striker and GK

Gerrard will retire at the end of next season.

Hey guys!

I need your opinion on a thing. I am editing some player attributes and i gave Suarez 16 in finishing and composure. Is that good? Should be be better or worse? And i am not sure about Sturridge, should he have 16 in finishing and 14 in composure or should i give him 15 in both?

Gonna start my Liverpool save tonight. Was thinking about Tottenham, but after Sunday, I feel I wanna start with the reds!! LOL.. Reading about Sturridge, I'm thinking of selling him and signing Lewandowski.. I can get him for 30mil.. Thoughts?

2nd season been tough unlikely ill make top 4 & Suarez has been poor infront of goal after a great 1st season will def get a new GK & a AMR in season 3 maybe even add a extra defender

For your extra defenders try Denswil or Umtiti both really young and will only get better.

as for my game I have now won the league 3 times on the bounce and finally won the CL season last season. Jordan Rossiter has turned into the new Gerrard and have turned LFC into money making juggernaut and sit as the richest club in the world

Gonna start my Liverpool save tonight. Was thinking about Tottenham, but after Sunday, I feel I wanna start with the reds!! LOL.. Reading about Sturridge, I'm thinking of selling him and signing Lewandowski.. I can get him for 30mil.. Thoughts?

lewandoski can get around 25mil (10+15m 48monthly around those numbers) for sturidge i got 5+15m 48monthly)

but in all honest i wsihed SI really buff the squad from the start as they are much better

Hey guys!

I need your opinion on a thing. I am editing some player attributes and i gave Suarez 16 in finishing and composure. Is that good? Should be be better or worse? And i am not sure about Sturridge, should he have 16 in finishing and 14 in composure or should i give him 15 in both?

Not sure about those changes but he defo deserves a 20 for flair!!! most exciting and unpredictable player in the EPL by far

I may as well join in with my game that I'm currently playing and since it's the October international break in my game, it seems to be the ideal time to do it.

75baa14b503e86472a8ddefbd5d1f614.png

I was very busy in the summer transfer window as I felt that the team needed a little shaking up.

Pugliese, Gauld, Souttar are very talented youngsters who I have loaned back out to give them some vital first team experience and all three seem to be developing very well.

Will Hughes is an old favourite of mine from FM13 and looks to be just as good in this game.

Timo Horn is a back up to Mignolet, but I will be giving him a lot more games than a backup normally has to keep him happy because I wanted to keep his wages low by putting him on rotation option.

Kyle Walker is a younger, better version of Glen Johnson, earning £10 million (after clauses) from selling Johnson and buying Walker. Walker has been consistent for me so far and is first choice for the national team now.

Eder Alvarez Balanta is incredible. Has amazing potential and is already good enough for the first team. I'm very excited about how he well he will develop - being tutored by Agger at the moment.

Lorenzo Insigne is young, has wonderful potential and can play on both wings and up front. Great all-round rotation option for the team.

Lucas was originally going to be in my plans but he started whining when I rejected a (ridiculous) £12 million offer from Man City. I decided to ship him off for as much as possible and happy with the results, despite around 40% of that transfer fee being over 48 months.

I have never liked Glen Johnson in Football manager. He hasn't been good for me for as long as I remember and John Flanagan used to always be better than him even in the first season. I saw Kyle Walker available for such a cheap price so I decided to get as much as possible for Johnson. All up front, which is awesome.

Reina and Skrtel were never going to be in my plans. Simply put really.

1a7be9447ef0ccaaa556584e891f524d.png

So far so good on the league front. Only conceded one goal so far and although not scoring a good amount, I would much rather have 6 1/2-0 victories than 5 3-1 victories and a loss.

Disappointed that we drew against Man City but it was lucky, Suarez scored a 90th minute penalty after Sturridge missed his on the 80th minute.

Here are the results in full.

As for tactics, I have spent around most of my play time getting these right. At least 70 hours has gone into getting something going, experimenting with all sorts of teams, players and everything like that and I have finally seemingly gotten something that can stick. The main aim of the tactic is to dominate by suffocating the opponent's midfield with quick tempo, high pressing football, with tight marking all across the board. The tight marking seems to work extremely well, because since the attacking three are also marking, they bring a centreback and the fullbacks out of position, giving plenty of space to attack on the counter.

I wish I could go into a lot more detail but I would be here all day. But all in all, I absolutely love what I have done with this tactic and it's really self fulfilling to finally have a tactic myself that works.

eacf238b154cc75949cd24d3fd8b436f.png

That's it for now. :)

Any chance you could share your tactic?

Thanks!

Started season 4 and have taken on the England job also. PLenty of Liverpool players in the England squad now :p In my second game in charge i put Jerome Sinclair up front alongside Rooney and he scored a hat-trick!

I'm gonna start a Liverpool save with the new patch (14.2). I'd like to play 4-3-3 aka 4-1-2-2-1. Can anyone advice on players to buy? At a first glance, it looks like I'm going to need a DM to back up Lucas, CM and at least one winger/inside forward. Has anyone tried retraining Coutinho as either CM or ST? I could use him as either AP(A) from the CM position or as F9 from the ST position.

I'm gonna start a Liverpool save with the new patch (14.2). I'd like to play 4-3-3 aka 4-1-2-2-1. Can anyone advice on players to buy? At a first glance, it looks like I'm going to need a DM to back up Lucas, CM and at least one winger/inside forward. Has anyone tried retraining Coutinho as either CM or ST? I could use him as either AP(A) from the CM position or as F9 from the ST position.

DM is Matuidi, got him in the first summer for 6m. For wingers I've signed Cerci and someone else from Serie A both on loan. They weren't great but did the job.

Suarez hasnt asked for a transfer since i missed Europe all together so a bonus for me but Counthino did i promised him champions league football next season if i dont get it he will leave gonna make Suarez Vice Captain behind Gerrard also signed Koval,Bernard & Denswil as well ill post my final transfers & squad later on

Better late than never, finally Steam put this game on sale so I grabbed it.

Starting Liverpool game now. Wish I didn't have to work in a couple hours!

Will update with transfers, etc hopefully today or tomorrow.

Quick question, how does Suarez perform? In previous games he hasn't done it for me, could I replace him with anyone better?

Better late than never, finally Steam put this game on sale so I grabbed it.

Starting Liverpool game now. Wish I didn't have to work in a couple hours!

Will update with transfers, etc hopefully today or tomorrow.

Quick question, how does Suarez perform? In previous games he hasn't done it for me, could I replace him with anyone better?

Should have waited I think, will probably go lower than -25%.

Archived