dafuge's FM14 challenge

PooleTownFC.png

Poole Town - Sky Bet Championship - 2025/26

I have just finished one my most eventful seasons. We started nicely and were sitting just outside the playoffs after the first 8 games. we then had a tough run of fixtures and didnt pick up many points as my team was still gelling together. Thankfully we then had a run against the bottom teams and picked up 6 straight wins which jumped us right up into the playoffs and then we stuck around there for the remainder of the season. We nearly grabbed automatic promotion in the end but we lost 1-0 away to Brighton in the penultimate game which meant we could not automatically get promoted. If we had won this game we would have just pipped Blackburn as they lost there remaining 2 fixtures and we only finished 2 points behind them. We had to settle for a playoff place. In the first leg of the semi-final we smashed Brighton (who cost us automatic promotion) 4-1 thanks to a Munday hat trick. We lost the return leg 1-0 but went through 4-2 on aggregate. In the final we had Ipswich. We took a 5th Minute lead from a Munday free kick but we were pegged back on the 24th minute before we fell behind on the half hour. Ipswich had a man sent off in injury time of the first half so we went more attacking in the 2nd 45 minutes. We had more possession and plenty of shots but could not break them down until McCarthy scored in injury time at the end of the game with a counter attacking move from a Ipswich free kick. It went all the way to penalties where we came out on top 6-5 thanks to a winning penalty from Muirhead.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - More cup runs this season. We made the 4th round of the Capital One Cup for the first time but West Brom where too good for us. In the FA Cup we made the semi finals again thanks to having a pretty straight forward run with no games against any higher division teams. The semi final against Tottenham (managed by John Terry!!) was a step too far. we lost 4-1 which shows we need a lot of work to survive next season.

Squad- I strengthened very well over the summer window with some foreign imports. Once we gelled we played very well scoring plenty of goals. Some of these players have Premier League potential but I will need to improve in areas to make a go of surviving next season.

Finances- £294k in debt. I think we are due to get some prize money for our league finish soon which should bump up the finances.

Key Player Profiles:

Pete Munday - Now valued at £2.3m. Scored 36 goals this season. Not sure if he will make the step up.

Herve Roussel - Missed the end of the season with a injury. My star foreign import.

Dominic Donachie - Our form really picked up when he tarted playing in the centre of midfield. Formed a great partnership with Rees.

Fantastic first season at this level. Looking forward to next season and I hope it wasnt a flash in the pan.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill South                14th              Survival
2015/16         Skrill South                9th 
2016/17         Skrill South                2nd               Promotion and FA Cup 3rd round
2017/18         Skrill Premier              17th              Survival
2018/19         Skrill Premier              18th              Survival
2019/20         Skrill Premier              16th              FA Cup 3rd round. 
2020/21         Skrill Premier              1st               Champions!! & FA Cup 3rd round
2021/22         Sky Bet League 2            9th   
2022/23         Sky Bet League 2            1st               Champions & FA Cup 5th round    
2023/24         Sky Bet League 1            1st               Champions, JPT Winners & FA Cup Semi Final
2024/25         Sky Bet Championship        12th      
2025/26         Sky Bet Championship        4th               Promoted 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nantwich – 2018/19

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Squad | Transfers

General Comments

Well that was a different season. An awful start morphed into a mediocre middle and then a great end. Having only picked up 8 points from the first 9 games, we sat in the bottom half of the table and deservedly so. We had been awful. As the season went on, good runs would come and go, often as we neared the playoffs, but one defeat in 15 games saw us going into the last game of the season in a playoff place, but one of seven teams going for the last two spots.

On the hour mark, my goalkeeper fumbled the ball into his own net and we were 9th. Time to throw the kitchen sink at them. Overload. Equaliser. A quick look at the live table and we were back in the playoffs. What now, should we push for a winner or hold back and hope the draw remains enough? With just 10 mins on the clock we were still in the spots, so I pulled us back at sat behind the ball. It was enough. Playoffs, which had been so unlikely for so much of the season.

Sadly, it was the last playoff spot and FC Halifax had also had an interesting last game of the season and missed out on the automatic spot on goal difference. They were a class above us in the semis and so once again we miss out and will spend a sixth season in Skrill North.

Players

Top scorer from the past four season, Danny South, spent the last four months of the season injured. This matched up with the best run of the season too,, so questions will asked about whether he is a hindrance to the team.

Abu Franklin stepped up in his absence and scored 21 league goals from the right wing, setting a club record in the process. He was nominated for league player of the season.

Ollie Devanney, my star midfielder for 3 seasons, left the club before the season began and has yet to find a new club. I’m hoping he changes his mind and resigns for me before he retires in his mid-twenties.

Awards

2nd successive Manager of the Month for March

League Results

League Table | Position Graph

Cup Results

FA Cup | FA Trophy

My Top 3 Players

Abu Franklin | Cameron Mansuram | Robbie Threlfall

Most Promising Youth Prospect

2014/15 – Charles Cotton

After 32 league games for the first team, Cotton left this season to join Northern Premier side Marine where he has already made 33 league appearances.

2015/16 - Martyn Jordan

Now four seasons into his career and has only made 9 league appearances.

2016/17 – Colin Stonhill

Found it tough to break into the first team this year, with the loan signing of Sheku Jenkins. Needs to start to push for the role next year.

2017/18 - Alan Hulme

Made the midfield position his own during the festive season and is pushing for a first team slot.

2018/19 – Gio Gent

Already four stars and will push for places next season. Would have seen game time were it not for the tough run-in.

Aims For Next Season

A better start and hopefully we can push for automatic promotion

Nantwich

Season             League              POS            FA CUP              FA Trophy

2014-15             TSN                 7th          4[sUP]th[/sUP] QUAL              2[sUP]nd[/sUP] Round
2015-16             TSN                 9[sUP]th[/sUP]          4[sUP]th[/sUP] QUAL              1[sUP]st[/sUP] Round
2016-17             TSN                 11[sUP]th[/sUP]        2[sUP]nd[/sUP] Round              3[sUP]rd[/sUP] Round
2017-18             TSN                 3[sUP]rd[/sUP]          3[sUP]rd[/sUP] QUAL              1[sUP]st[/sUP] Round
2018-19             TSN                 5[sUP]th[/sUP]          4[sUP]th[/sUP] QUAL              3[sUP]rd[/sUP] QUAL

Year        	        League       	Position     	Cups/Achievements
2014/15			Skrill South 	4		Fa Cup 4th qualifier
2015/2016               Skrill North    11              FA Cup 3th Round
2016/2017               Skrill North    4               FA Cup 2nd round
2017-2018               Skrill Premier  17              FA Cup 2nd round

The Skrill Premier

We were expected to be relegated quite easily though our start this season seemed to deny that. We won our fair share of games though eventuellay slumped to defeat after defeat. Our final ranking as 17th wasn't as bad after all.

FA cup

Like last season we needed a good run in the FA cup to keap our head above water. We got to the 2nd round, beating two Skrill Premier teams on the way. Eventually Doncaster got the better of us, but our run netted us a decent amount of money.

http://i.imgur.com/z4VDXFO.png

FA trophy

This year I wanted to do better in the FA Trophy, in order to increase our reputation. We did well enough until we drew Luton, they finished us off on penalties after the replay.

http://i.imgur.com/KmSrrAC.png

The board and my job

The board still hold me in high regard, because of my achievements for the club. they are also pleased our finances are stabilised this year, making our future a little brighter.

The team

Well there's no surprise who our top performer was: Kily Riley http://i.imgur.com/yk0nleW.png managed to assist and score enough goals to keep us in the clear.

Nathan Millan http://i.imgur.com/lHzeMvL.png confirmed this year as our best defender.

Frank Beckford http://i.imgur.com/sALaK4X.png shows promise as a winger.

Most players improved a lot this year, but our performances were afwul after new year.

Looking forward to next season

I'm looking to increase our reputation a bit next season, in order to get some better players. I planning on doing a lot better in the league and the FA trophy, since we don't need the FA cup to increase our finances as much.

After finishing 8th, 2nd and 4th I'm on a bit of a bad run in my 4th seson - I need 9 points from 5 games to save my job!

Oh and I have to get my left back to improve too!

G1 0-0 8pts needed

G2 0-1

G3 1-2

G4 2-2

G5 0-2 sacked

Teams played like total strangers almost the same squad as last year with the same approach just fell apart.

After finishing 8th, 2nd and 4th I'm on a bit of a bad run in my 4th seson - I need 9 points from 5 games to save my job!

Oh and I have to get my left back to improve too!

G1 0-0 8pts needed

G2 0-1

G3 1-2

G4 2-2

G5 0-2 sacked

Teams played like total strangers almost the same squad as last year with the same approach just fell apart.

Unlucky Swindon. Are you restarting the challenge?

PooleTownFC.png

Poole Town - Premier League - 2026/27

The Premier League is a massive step up. We had spells where we really struggled this season including a 6-1 defeat to Arsenal and a 7-2 defeat at Manchester United but we also had times where we really performed well with wins against 6th place Forest and 4-0 wins against Norwich and Newcastle who both finished top half. We managed to score goals but we shipped in alot of goals. This was mainly in part due to my board not allowing me to reset my budget. We were over our wage budget thanks to all the promotion wage rise increases and they would not allow me to adjust my £12m transfer budget so I couldnt really sign anybody. We managed very well up to January with a squad mainly made up of my Championship players. I managed to sign a couple of players in January but one struggled to settle. I'm looking forward to improving my squad over the summer and mainly my defence.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - I rested my players in the cups so I could focus on survival. We were knocked out in both competitions to Coventry City.

Squad-Need to improve the defence for next season and then look for some more depth. Squad did very well considering it was mainly the side from the Championship.

Finances- £33.5m profit. Great news. Time to invest in the training and youth facilities as well as the playing staff.

Key Player Profiles:

Pete Munday - I wasnt sure if he could step up. I had to give him a chance as I could not sign anybody and he did not disappoint. 30 League goals in 37 games.

Emil Svensson - Played on the right wing or in the centre of midfield. Stepped up really well.

Andrew Hughes - January signing. settled nicely and hoping for more next season.

Really pleased with survival. Now to make sure we dont get second season syndrome.

Career Overview

2014/15         Skrill South                14th              Survival
2015/16         Skrill South                9th 
2016/17         Skrill South                2nd               Promotion and FA Cup 3rd round
2017/18         Skrill Premier              17th              Survival
2018/19         Skrill Premier              18th              Survival
2019/20         Skrill Premier              16th              FA Cup 3rd round. 
2020/21         Skrill Premier              1st               Champions!! & FA Cup 3rd round
2021/22         Sky Bet League 2            9th   
2022/23         Sky Bet League 2            1st               Champions & FA Cup 5th round    
2023/24         Sky Bet League 1            1st               Champions, JPT Winners & FA Cup Semi Final
2024/25         Sky Bet Championship        12th      
2025/26         Sky Bet Championship        4th               Promoted 
2026/27         Premier League              14th              Survival

iuSrTJs.png

Grays Athletic - SkyBet Championship - 2027/28 - Seventeenth

I thought we would struggle and may go down this season, but after a rough start, we did really well. Will push on next season for more bums in seats. Our attendances are woeful

League Table

Games

Finances - Another season with no money spent. We need a stadium soon.

FA Cup - Just....No

Capital One Cup - Poor early start

Squad - Our attack is really good and at times we were scoring with ease. Just need to shore up the back now.

Key Player Profiles

Paul Garmey - I didn't know if he would be able to play with the big boys, but he did really well. 1 goal behind the top scorer in the league.

Edwin Sánchez - My first Spanish signing and by far the richest. He was a screamer on the wing and had some amazing crosses

Player of the Season

Augusto Paparella - Fantastic season in which he held my attack together. Will be one to watch,

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9104610&viewfull=1#post9104610"]2014/15[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South       18th                 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9116552&viewfull=1#post9116552"]2015/16[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South        2nd 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9128581&viewfull=1#post9128581"]2016/17[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     20th    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9156295&viewfull=1#post9156295"]2017/18[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     20th                        FA Trophy Finalist
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9172908&viewfull=1#post9172908"]2018/19[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     18th                        FA Trophy Semi-Finalist
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9196746&viewfull=1#post9196746"]2019/20[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     19th                                    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9213236&viewfull=1#post9213236"]2020/21[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier      5th                         Promoted!/FA Trophy Win
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9220113&viewfull=1#post9220113"]2021/22[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2   22nd 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9230480&viewfull=1#post9230480"]2022/23[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2   15th  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9240272&viewfull=1#post9240272"]2023/24[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2    4th                    Promoted via Playoffs  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9244958&viewfull=1#post9244958"]2024/25[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    7th                    Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9252661&viewfull=1#post9252661"]2025/26[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    15th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9265885&viewfull=1#post9265885"]2026/27[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    3rd                    Promoted/Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9281615&viewfull=1#post9281615"]2027/28[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet Championship 17th 

Next Season

Push for playoff spot

Bums in seats

Decent cup run

Facility News

Youth Facility upgrade for 650k

Major Competition Winners

Championship - Crystal Palace, West Brom, Watford

FA Cup - Man Utd

Capital One Cup - Chelsea

English Premier League - Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Chelsea, Southampton, Wigan, Bournmouth, Newcastle (Norwich 14th)

Champions League - Man City

Euro - Man Utd

Hyundai A-League - Sydney/Adelaide

twitter-logo-flat.png

Canvey Island 2015/2016 Season Review

I managed to keep the majority of the players I wanted to, with just 3 first teamers being poached by other teams and about another 8 or so being released. I had to be as clever as possible in how to spend my wage budget which was reduced to 4.7k p/w from 5.2 the year before so I let a couple of staff leave and anyone who I thought was on a wage they didn't merit was shown the door.

It was very much a season of two halves, with a very inconsistent start leaving us mid table but from December onwards we just took off, only losing 3 games and reaching the summit of the league with 3 games remaining. We went into the final game 2 points clear but with a similar goal difference we needed a win to be sure but we could only manage a 0-0 draw. Luckily for us, Whitehawk went down 3-0 to 3rd placed Chelmsford to hand us the title! I can't quite believe it tbh, what an amazing turnaround.

Did nothing in the cups once again, 4th qual. round of the FA Cup and didn't even make the 1st round of the FA Trophy.

League Table

Players

One of the keys to the change in fortunes was going back to using 2 up front which allowed star man Jay Nash to end up with 19 goals, ably assisted by new strike partner Matthew Reece who got himself 12 and backed up well by loanee Robbie Henry from Bournemouth. One excellent addition to the team was Alex Witham from Oxford City managed to provide a bit of a creative spark in the middle of midfield. I'm also pleased to have been able to use a few youth players regularly who have made key contributions and the new batch of youngsters look very good too, particularly Zane Lawrence who has potential to be very good in the Skrill Premier apparently.

Career Overview

2014/15         Skrill South                12th              Survival (Cups were crap)
2015/16         Skrill South                1st               Promotion (Cups were crap)

I'm not usually one for a cup run, I find the fixture congestion is usually a killer for league progress, but this season has been pretty special. Got a replay against Premiership Blackburn in the 5th round, and through to the JPT final. Thanks primarily to the contribution of my backup players who have really impressed. All good for the bank balance.

KingsLynnvBlackburn_OverviewOverview_zps5d44ccee.png

finding it tough to make an impression in the skrill premier, hardly surprising since several teams have players from premier teams on loan with no wage contributions. Like a 32 yo Daniel sturridge who has declined a lot, but still is very good for the league, another was a 30yo Gael Kakuta

Complete and utter catastrophic failure of my lap top at the weekend, and not saving my game to the cloud. Means a restart this week. Gutted as I finally felt I had a team capable of challenging for promotion.

New laptop arriving today.

Sorry to hear that. Sucks when things beyond your control mess up your game.

First 3 seasons Review -

Glenn Crane

Due to disappointing times in this challenge I have not been doing full updates.

So a first season update was here

Season 2

18th in Skrill Premier

Position Graph

Transfers

Massanka

Kinsella Overview

Kinsella Report (This guy could be good)

Season 3

23rd in Skrill Premier - relegation

No more screenshots for season 3 as it was soo dissapointing, i just wanted to see if i would keep my job...which i did :)

[font=Comic Sans MS]2014/15                    Skrill North                              4th                       Promotion via playoffs[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]2015/16                    Skrill Premier                           18th[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]2016/17                    Skrill Premier                           23rd    [/font]

Gypsum's End of season update - King's Lynn - 2020/21 - League 1

League position: 4th (Position graph)

Media prediction: 10th

Playoff semi-final first leg: Sheffield Wednesday 2-3 King's Lynn

Playoff semi-final second leg: King's Lynn 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday

Playoff final: King's Lynn 3-2 Plymouth

Johnstone's paint trophy: Cup run

JPT Final: Dagenham & Redbridge 0-3 King's Lynn

FA Cup: Cup run

Fifth round: King's Lynn 2-2 Blackburn

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star players:

Ryan Neil - Another class season from our youth product, especially in the big games where he excelled as always.

Dan Tudur-Jones - A creative force down the left wing.

Ian Dorey - The Lynn legend had another great season. He now has 139 league goals for Lynn and 96 assists at just 22! He may struggle at Championship level, but I don't think I can bring myself to drop him!

Barry George Bowen - An incredibly good centre-back who will hopefully stay on as we have earned promotion.

Year                 League                    Position              Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15           Skrill North                   7th
2015/16           Skrill North                   4th                Playoff winners
2016/17           Skrill Premier                 2nd                Playoff winners
2017/18           League 2                       10th               FA Cup 3rd round
2018/19           League 2                       3rd                Automatic promotion
2019/20           League 1                       8th        
2020/21           League 1                       4th                Playoff winners, JPT winners, FA Cup 5th round replay 

Last seasons Skrill Premier top scorer is still banging them in for us in League 2. Here's his latest goal, which is a beauty!

Thought the name looked familiar and looked at your update again, same guy I signed before last season only he's never scored one like that for me! Only got 12 goals out of him in the Skrill South but he plays pretty well in general.

Dulwich Hamlet Season 2016/17 - The Skrill Premier

After promotion last season my aim was to stay up so lots of transfer turnover

Skrill Premier - a fantastic season, a unbeaten run of 21 games (we only lost 2 of our last 29 games) during the season secured us a 3rd place finish (our total of 90 points would have won the league in all but one of the other seasons) we beat Exeter in the final to secure an unexpected promotion and league football.

FA Cup - once again we failed to get to the 1st round

FA Trophy - same as the FA Cup

Squad

Key Player Profiles

Erhun Aksel Oztumer - our Turk was key once again, 54 games 11 goals and 26 assists. Far too good for us.

Ryan James - captain was a rock at the back as usual, helping us to the best defence in the league

Matt Drage - a new partner for James and the pair of them seemed unbeatable at times

Kasheme Walton - top scorer with 28 goals (27 in the league) was brought in over the summer with the plan being to become first choice the following season - I guess he couldn't wait!

Yannick Nlate - our French keeper lost his p;ace at the start of the season but regained it and we never looked back.

Career Overview

Season          League          Position          Achievements 

2014/15         TSS              12th              N/A
2015/16         TSS              1st               Champions
2016/17         TSP              3rd               Promotion (play off winners)

pccp.png

Skrill North started out well. Blyth already had 2 great strikers in Price and Garrity who we built the team around. Garrity was an ideal target man at this level and we made our first priority finding the best corner-taker/crosser we could find. That man was Matt Hamshaw who would go on to lead the Skrill North with 19 assists. Our focus then turned to building a good team defense with the remaining transactions. Since speed was not our forte our strategy was to play short passing and retain possession. The majority of our goals would come from set pieces and crosses. Once our team morale was high we rolled through the North amassing a 10 point lead but encountered issues when Garrity went down with a 2 month injury. In January we acquired Joe Jackson, a solid replacement striker and Jole Coleman, a young goalkeeper capable of taking the reigns from our aging tender, Tony McMillian. We ended up capturing the title on the last day holding off the surging Marines.

League Table

Finances

Down 200K

FA CUP

What FA CUP?

Squad

Key Player Profiles

Adam Garrity

Jason Price

Matt Hamshaw

Career Overview

Season      League               League Finish       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     Skrill North         1ST                Champions

Next Season

Need to revamp almost the entire squad aside from our strikers and goalkeeper. Always looking to improve.

It seems I don't need to restart as Bedford have now been promoted and offered me the job.

Hope you have better luck w/ Bedford than I've had so far!

Speaking of which, Mid-season update, Season 4:

With 21 games played, I sit 11th place with 32 points (2 points from the playoff spots only, but w/ a game in hand as well). Satisfying FAC run, where I made a televised home match for round 2. Actually almost managed to snatch a win vs/ League 1 Bristol City too, with omni-present Tom Collins scoring early, and us holding unto that 1-0 draw until.... the 88th minute, BC striker w/ a red card. Should be a cinch, right? Nope...late stoppage time, equalizer. Off to City's home we go, where we get demolished 5-1. Still, the £70K tv money for the home match, plus my share of the proceeds (14K attendance at Bristol City) put us cash positive again.

Now, to concentrate on the league, where Tom Collins may finally get the recognition he's deserved for the past 3 seasons (well, 2 of the last 3 at any rate). He leads the league in goalscoring, SoT, and POM, though his league AvR of 7.01 is only 16th. He should hit 100 career goals for us this season...not bad for a youngster (w/ 1 6 finishing and 10 pace!) who started as a 16yo in my first season!

quick update, in 2021/22 i lost a lot of my players who were on N/C terms as well as my best player in Lovett who wuld not sign a new contract. Ended up 16th after spending all season between 12-18th.

Lost more players at the start of the next season after the board whould not let me offer more than 250 p/w in wages for P/T even though i was inside the wage budget and the finances had improved from -45K to -5K over the year. Tried to change the tactics to score more which was disasterous as i only managed 3 draws in the first 12 games and with the sack fast approaching have resigned. Think i will start again with a different team.

Following a complete crash of my old laptop, me being stupid and not using the cloud save option I've started again.

Once again taking charge of my home town team AFC Fylde

Manager Profile

Starting first team squad

Pre-arranged transfers

Finances

With such a small squad, although there is a sizeable, but averagely talented U21 and U18, there will need to be a few new signings. Thankfully despite the lack of finance the wage budget isn't too bad. £7k p/w which when you include non-contract should give me more than enough to build a side.

The financial projection worries me a little, if things go a predicted we'll be over £300k in the red by the end of the season. May need a little FA Cup run, just to the 4th qualifying or first round should sort that in the short term. Having managed Fylde before I am fully expecting the board to do bugger all in term of brining in commercial revenue.

The media have predicted a finish of 16th, which I think is a little low. I'm looking at comfortable mid-table. Anywhere between 9th and 15th and I'll consider it a good season.

I'm beginning to see why managers get p*ssed off with fans.

5 games in to my first season we've had an unbelievably good start. Winning 4 and losing 1, and the fans are apparently unhappy that the football hasn't been exciting enough!!

to be fair, i'm yet to go to a match and not be able to tell several ways the manager could have done better, especially when the team hasn't won by 3 or 4 goals :D

yDRKB6r.png

Banbury United - Skrill South - 2015/16

Got moved from the Skrill North to the South for my second season and after a shocking start I was reasonably happy to finish mid table. I played around with my tactics but eventually went back to a similar one I had started the season with and the team slowly came right. Should have finished top 10 but stuttered home in the final few games.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Knocked out in my first match of both cup competitions. Very disappointing.

Squad - After losing my goalkeeper and best defender/captain I was up against it as their replacements were not as good. Decided not to spend too much and rely on youth. Hopefully this will pay off in the years to come if I can hang on to the better younger players.

Finances - Slowly on the decline after not having a cup run. Very tight control of my wage budget has meant that we are losing less than we could be.

Key Player Profiles:

Scott Bridges - Still not rated by the coaches but again comfortably the leading goal scorer with 20 goals from 43. Also now club captain.

Leon Clarke - Bridges' 17 year old strike partner. 12 goals from 44 games but I have high hopes for the future.

Matt Woolley - My best midfielder. Nothing outstanding but a solid performer who never has a bad game.

Pretty similar results wise to the first season. I will look to be a bit more adventurous (and maybe spend a bit more money!) in the new season to hopefully push up near the playoff spots.

Career Overview

2014/15         Skrill North                15th              Survival and FA Cup 1st Round
2015/16         Skrill South                14th              Survival    

Archived