FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official FMC feedback thread.

As is the nature of a beta version this not yet a finished product and we are still making numerous improvements ready for the October 31st release. If you have any questions about the beta, check our our FAQ, here.

Below are some of the key issues we are currently working on. Please do provide any further examples of these you come across, as well as any other issues affecting your game.

Our bug reporting guidelines can be found here, and our bug reporting forums here. Our QA team will be on hand to deal with any and every issue raised.

Known issues

There is still work being done on the way AI managers and other staff pick teams, so in some cases they may not be making the most ideal team selection.

There may be the occasional incident where the goalkeeper makes a poor attempt at a save.

There may be the occasional incident where you see wild back passes.

There is some balancing work on-going to the talking round of unhappy players.

Sugar daddies may be a too generous with their cash input in some cases.

There is still some balancing work to be done to the MLS Trade system.

FMC Match Plans left to assistant may sub players earlier than specified.

• Administrators

You can apply advice, or go to Player Instructions and set one of your players to mark specific player.

I've been playing for about an hour. First impression is that it seems really good. Kept most of the elements of 13 but freshened it up a bit.

Only major gripe so far is that there aren't any of the mls rules implemented - it needs some sort of player restrictions for the fun!

• Administrators
I've been playing for about an hour. First impression is that it seems really good. Kept most of the elements of 13 but freshened it up a bit.

Only major gripe so far is that there aren't any of the mls rules implemented - it needs some sort of player restrictions for the fun!

There are player restrictions in the MLS Cup - 5 foreigners. Could you post this in the FMC Bugs forum please and we will take a look? http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/353-FMC-Gameplay-Issues

• Administrators

Yes. You can now use and change tactics at will, without the 'punishment' that Match Preparation brings.

Am managing coventry city fc a team in admin, thank you sigames for not putting otium entertainment group as owners but am sure they will be in the full verison.:( Am playing with zoom 1.25time in window mode, ui is alot better and the full finances detail is in :) ,feels alot faster then 2013 version am playing with 3 leagues. only had 1 crash which someone already reported on, match engine seem better. only thing miss is the store even duo i know it will be in the full version.

Question

will the store price be the same as fm 2013?

playing with unlockable effect leaderboard points like fm 2013?

Glad to see the 50k player limit on starting a game is only a recommendation and can be over-ruled- is this only the case for the beta however, and will the full game stop you from starting?

• Administrators
when doing substitutions there used to be DMCL DMCR displayed as position. now it's 2x DM. please make it to DM (L) and DM ®.

Can you post that here please: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/355-FMC-User-Interface

• Administrators
Glad to see the 50k player limit on starting a game is only a recommendation and can be over-ruled- is this only the case for the beta however, and will the full game stop you from starting?

Considering the beta saves can be carried on into the full game, stopping users wouldn't be ideal. It'll stay as a recommendation, thanks.

Not yet seen a corner taken from within the correct area and seen more back heel passes in two games than I'm likely to see all season.

Still early days and will take me a week or so to have a good look around. Loving the options pre-game regarding divisional choices.

Just heard from a friend that says FM 14 Classic Vita is gonna be limited to 3 nations like FM13 Classic on the PC/MAC. I went to watch the video you guys posted talking about FM14 Classic and indeed, in the video, it shows at one point that cross save with vita only works for FM Classic games from PC that are only using 3 nations. Please say that this is untrue. I've am really looking forward to playing FM14 Vita carrying over my save from PC but if the Vita only supports 3 nations, its gonna be a deal breaker for me as I wanna play my PC FM Classic game with the new "up to 50k" player database, not just 3 nations.

Just heard from a friend that says FM 14 Classic Vita is gonna be limited to 3 nations like FM13 Classic on the PC/MAC. I went to watch the video you guys posted talking about FM14 Classic and indeed, in the video, it shows at one point that cross save with vita only works for FM Classic games from PC that are only using 3 nations. Please say that this is untrue. I've am really looking forward to playing FM14 Vita carrying over my save from PC but if the Vita only supports 3 nations, its gonna be a deal breaker for me as I wanna play my PC FM Classic game with the new "up to 50k" player database, not just 3 nations.

No, it's true, if you want to play your save on Vita you can choose no more than 3 Nations.

One annoyance of note. In FMC I am finding that my DoF & other staff are getting poached by other clubs. As Sheff Utd I cannot meet their demands to raise their wages as a temptation to stay, neither can I afford replacements who are any better than "poor". As I use the DoF a lot this is making a quick game mode a more labour intensive experience trying to get replacements in. Can / could in future the recruiting of staff be delegated so if you lose someone they are replaced quickly with the best option available? (almost inevitably a slight downgrade on the previous). Staff recruitment is such a dull part of the game for me but it has become now a necessary crusade.

It does seem that the remaining staff are fulfilling the DoF's functions (development list, unwanted list etc) do seem to be still active an there is activity in these areas but I have to assume such areas are not being anyway near maximised by the staff available.

Kriss, I think this may be your area of expertise, any thoughts?

Thanks

(This a Dup of a post in the FM feedback thread, hadn't realised there was an FMC specific one! - the issue could cross over in FFFM mode anyway regarding the poachability of staff)

Your Vita couldn't possibly cope which is why the restriction is there.

One annoyance of note. In FMC I am finding that my DoF & other staff are getting poached by other clubs. As Sheff Utd I cannot meet their demands to raise their wages as a temptation to stay, neither can I afford replacements who are any better than "poor". As I use the DoF a lot this is making a quick game mode a more labour intensive experience trying to get replacements in. Can / could in future the recruiting of staff be delegated so if you lose someone they are replaced quickly with the best option available? (almost inevitably a slight downgrade on the previous). Staff recruitment is such a dull part of the game for me but it has become now a necessary crusade.

It does seem that the remaining staff are fulfilling the DoF's functions (development list, unwanted list etc) do seem to be still active an there is activity in these areas but I have to assume such areas are not being anyway near maximised by the staff available.

Kriss, I think this may be your area of expertise, any thoughts?

Thanks

(This a Dup of a post in the FM feedback thread, hadn't realised there was an FMC specific one! - the issue could cross over in FFFM mode anyway regarding the poachability of staff)

I've not had any staff poached right through Beta so I'm guessing this is peculiar to SU for some reason, I have often had to settle for less than I'd like staff wise because the board won't pay but that's as it should be.

Staff do fulfill their functions but obviously if they can't move a player you have to decide the final line, in every case now they will give you the option to instruct them on the next step, be it terminating, selling for £0 or whatever.

I've not had any staff poached right through Beta so I'm guessing this is peculiar to SU for some reason, I have often had to settle for less than I'd like staff wise because the board won't pay but that's as it should be.

Staff do fulfill their functions but obviously if they can't move a player you have to decide the final line, in every case now they will give you the option to instruct them on the next step, be it terminating, selling for £0 or whatever.

Thanks Kriss. What about the delegation of staff recruitment?, I am sure I used to be able to do this (FM13 or FM 12, in FFFM mode) - though I may be wrong. I guess it is not in FMC14?.

I guess it could be an unlockable (in future) although I don't use them.

• Administrators

Staff delegation is done rather automatically - in what sense would you want to change something in FMC?

• Administrators
So no need to prepare 2/3 tactics for the team to practice? Is there any difference between changing the tactic just before a match and immediately after the previous match?

You're not punished for changing tactic you can do it as often or as little as you like.

• Administrators

We've just rolled out a mini-update called 14.0.2 which is just addressing the issue with those of you unable to use windowed mode (but could last year).

Details on how to set up your windowed mode if you were having issues before are here -http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ta-PLEASE-READ

Staff delegation is done rather automatically - in what sense would you want to change something in FMC?

As Kriss has said, can save this for a new "ideas" thread, but to answer your question, for my preference and fitting in with the "less faff to do" FMC ethic, any vacant staff slots could be automatically and quickly recruited/filled by the Board - maybe giving the Manager the final authorisation of appointment. The recruits selected would not be the very best possible (to encourage staff searching & recruiting for the manager still) but of quality that is fair to good solving the aforementioned faff problem.

Just bought the game about 20 mins ago. Is anyone else having any issues with going back and forth between screens using their side buttons on their mouse? Sometimes it takes me 3 or 4 clicks before the screen will move back or forth to the previous/new screen. Then it will work first time all of a sudden....and then it will take me another 3 or 4 clicks on another screen? It's not my mouse because I've tested it on ordinary web pages and it's working fine? :shrug:

I already gave my feedback in the General Discussion forum but since I had the chance to also start a game on FMC, I wanted to provide specific feedback here.

The layout is very, very smooth. Being able to choose different countries for the database is also great. In the full version, I usually try to limit my players to around 50k anyways, so that limit is perfect. It did feel in FM13 that you couldn't find some less known players as much as in the full version. With this change in FM14, this should be resolved.

Tactics seem pretty much the same as the full version, which is great. Let's you tinker around and not having to worry about match preparation you can really change it as you wish depending on the opponent. I am always one of those who want the analysis tab to check if something is not working. But, to be honest, recalling my last FM13 save in full version, I hardly ever looked at it, except for the opposition goal analysis, to see where and how they score. I don't think I will miss it that much but for FM15 that would be a great addition ;)

Scouting is excellent now. In the save I tried, I had 6 scouts available that I could sent to scout the competitions I wanted to. There is also a staff overview screen which gives you all the details and qualities of your staff in a nutshell.

I will keep providing feedback when I discover more but so far the changes have been really great.

When this mode was introduced in last year's version, it finally gave me back the joy I had with this game 5 years ago. As a working man with child the full game was just too complicated and too big to play when you have only around 10 hours to play each week. This years classic version is even better!! I love the graphical style end the new finance screen. Also the scouting is now better. The only thing i would really(!!!) love to see are the UEFA coëfficients. It's just fun to watch whether your team / country is climbing on the European ladder or not. I don't think it's that hard to integrate in the classic mode and it doesn't make the gameplay more complicated. When players want to see it, they just can do it, and when they don't care about it, they just don't click on it ;) .

I don't like the new no-sliders tactics. Putting all the fun stuff under the hood may be more realistic but it's made it impossible to see how any changes are actually acted out on the pitch.

I've read in the main forum that we're supposed to watch the matches and see what's going on but I just don't have 100 hours to learn how to play the game again, that's why I'm playing FMC.

FMC is just the right pace/detail for me, but it's jarring that it frequently puts these "cheat" buttons into the interface. ("Use Magic Sponge", "Automatic Morale Boost", that sort of thing.)

It completely breaks the immersion, and although I understand it's part and parcel of the audience that FMC is aimed at, I'd rather have an option to hide these buttons.

Someone in marketing will tell you that adding this option could decrease microtransaction sales, but I'm never intending to buy them so it really won't.

FMC is just the right pace/detail for me, but it's jarring that it frequently puts these "cheat" buttons into the interface. ("Use Magic Sponge", "Automatic Morale Boost", that sort of thing.)

It completely breaks the immersion, and although I understand it's part and parcel of the audience that FMC is aimed at, I'd rather have an option to hide these buttons.

Someone in marketing will tell you that adding this option could decrease microtransaction sales, but I'm never intending to buy them so it really won't.

I feel the same.

Had a couple of hours playing as Bristol Rovers manager last night, and played one friendly.

My AssMan is handling transfers.....I guess where I want to override I just click the appropriate boxes.

Gonna have a mess around with the tactics tonight. Want to try to set up two main tactics.....one more attacking than the other. Predominantly use the attacking one at home and the defensive one away. I want to try to see allocating player presets to positions in the main. Anyone tried something similar. For example I want to set player A who is DC to be a stopper whether he plays DCL or DCR.

would be nice to allow scouts to roam the world or a specific continent. As of now i can only assign the maximal (?) amount of 8 to different regions. The other option would allow to cover all european regions for example and lets say just assign one scout to south america.

Have to agree with that, the magic sponge repeat was annoying me and I hadn't realised it! Surely (and I accept it should be there in some form) it could be more of a help message like "See how you can quickly heal injuries" the button then taking you into the DLC store. Can understand the commercial reasons for it being as it is but it kicks against the whole SI ethos for me. Loving FM14 FMC though.

I need to add to my previous comment. The scout report now actually shows you some analysis details - from where most of the assists came from and in which minute they scored most of the time. This, coupled with the ability to just change tactics as there is no familiarity to worry about is brilliant. I think classic has become perfect.

I need to add to my previous comment. The scout report now actually shows you some analysis details - from where most of the assists came from and in which minute they scored most of the time. This, coupled with the ability to just change tactics as there is no familiarity to worry about is brilliant. I think classic has become perfect.

uh, perfect would mean there is nothing to do better about it, ever. And i beg to differ. Agreed right steps taken and i use the mode a lot, but room to improve nonetheless.

No major flaws in game hence thanks again for the early release hence being able to play more than half a season.

The only thing that annoys me is when it's strolling through to the next day or through other matches, the calender screen as it moves through takes up like 80% of the screen so somethimes you just want to read/look at stuff that's there but you cant given whole page is taken up with white calender space. Again just a small thing but quite annoying for what can be upto say 20-30 seconds, surely just the top say 20% of calender can be shown?

Cheers

Archived