Euro 2008...OOTP Style!

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here you all go, the first Euro 2008 download link. I've linked the save to 4shared which seemed to work best for Bambi and the contestants in his previous sign-up.

What you'll need to do is go onto your manager on the save, and choose 23 players for the tournament and e-mail me you 23 players (send to alex.drew1@gmail.com). At the same time you can also send me a .tac file for your tactics or a screenshot if you're unable to send me a .tac file.

Note, you have until 12pm on Thursday 21st August to send me your team selections, if not then your spot will be reallocated to the first person on the reserve list. We want this to be a fairly quick game, so quick replies are essential, the quicker I get your squads the quicker I can progress with the tournament :thup:.

Here you all go, the first Euro 2008 download link. I've linked the save to 4shared which seemed to work best for Bambi and the contestants in his previous sign-up.

What you'll need to do is go onto your manager on the save, and choose 23 players for the tournament and e-mail me you 23 players (send to alex.drew1@gmail.com). At the same time you can also send me a .tac file for your tactics or a screenshot if you're unable to send me a .tac file.

Note, you have until 12pm on Thursday 21st August to send me your team selections, if not then your spot will be reallocated to the first person on the reserve list. We want this to be a fairly quick game, so quick replies are essential, the quicker I get your squads the quicker I can progress with the tournament :thup:.

Unfortunately I can't download from that site with my work pc - apparently it falls within the 'unacceptable use' policy :rolleyes:

Is there any chance you could send it to me via hotmail please alex?

Update: I can't even download from filefront, so if you can't send it to me via email alex I will graciously withdraw. :(

Unfortunately I can't download from that site with my work pc - apparently it falls within the 'unacceptable use' policy :rolleyes:

Is there any chance you could send it to me via hotmail please alex?

Update: I can't even download from filefront' date=' so if you can't send it to me via email alex I will graciously withdraw. :([/quote']

I'll give it a try later tonight :thup:

WW - I've tried sending it from a Virgin, Gmail and Hotmail account but they won't let me send it as the e-mail is too big (the file compressed is 36MB). Unless there's a site that you could use (megaupload?) or a e-mail server than can send e-mails bigger than 36MB then there's not a lot I can do :(.

Bookie's Pre-Tournament Odds

The bookies have had their say on Euro 2008, and early indications show that the Italians are favourites, at 3-1. France (15-2) and Germany (10-1) are next favourites. Three of the top 4 odd(-ed?) teams are in the 'Group of Death', so obviously they think whoever can get out of that group can win. How about outside bets? Holland and Portugal at 14-1 are a decent bet, and possibly Czech Republic (18-1), Turkey (20-1) and Poland (33-1) if you're feeling brave.

Italy - 3-1

France - 15-2

Germany - 10-1

Spain - 11-1

Portugal - 14-1

Holland - 14-1

Croatia - 18-1

Sweden - 18-1

Czech Rep. - 18-1

Turkey - 20-1

Greece - 25-1

Russia - 33-1

Switzerland - 33-1

Poland - 33-1

Romania - 40-1

Austria - 100-1

Second fave's \o/ - love that. Detracts the pressures of being fave's, but still puts me in with 1 hell of a shout. I've got the file downloaded, but am going paintballing right now, and will be back about 6. So Wisla, you'll have my line up about 8pm. :thup:

If I haven't said so already, excellent work Wisla.

Pre-Tournament Friendlies

Just to let those who are involved in these know who and when they are playing, I won't provide as big an update on these matches as the actual Euro 2008 games, but will let you know how your team gets on in the warm-up.

Saturday, 24th May 2008

Switzerland vs Slovakia

Tuesday, 27th May 2008

France vs Ecuador

Thursday, 29th May 2008

Holland vs Denmark

Saturday, 31st May 2008

Germany vs Serbia

France vs Uruguay

Really FAO Switzerland, France, Holland and Germany managers:

If you'd like to have a selected XI out for these games, then send me your team-sheet for these games with the squad selection, that will save a bit of time and will stop me having to pause when it reached those games. If not however, I can get the assistant manager to pick teams and let him handle subs, and you can pick your own starting XI for the first tournament game.

lolleyj (Romania) can no longer take part (thanks for letting me know dafuge) so his slot has been offered to the first person on the reserve list :thup: if anyone reading this thread is interested in joining let me know, just in case anybody else drops out.

Unfortunate that he er, chose to drop out.

It sounds pretty interesting, well done on setting it up - not sure if I'd be able to do it which is why I never signed up in the first place - but stick me on the reserve list if that's ok and I can make the call should the need arise. Cheers

A really basic question here. When your playing until your squad selection date, can you delete all the other managers? To make it process a bit quicker.

I could do, but it's not processing that slowly for me currently. And besides, there's several squad selection dates (due to the friendlies, I've gone past Switzerland's now as I have their squad but I've stopped now on France's) so I'd miss them otherwise, I didn't even realise Switzerland had a friendly until I added their manager!

Kind of forgot how this works on matchday, I'm assuming that you holiday the games so you dont have to go through the process of watching them all, also do we pick the starting 11 + subs for the games aswell or do you leave that to the assman?

You will select the starting XI (iirc the remaining 12 will all be subs), and generally I will let the assman handle the game for you, but if you want to have subs done at a certain time/tactic changed if you're losing late on etc that's fine for me to do, my updates will be in a commentary style so I will at least watch the highlights for each game.

Pre-Euro 2008 Friendly, 24th May 2008

Swiss TV Presenter: "...and now we cross live to St Jakobspark in Basel, where tonight our national team has been warming up for Euro 2008 with a friendly versus Slovakia. Our reporter will now tell us how we fared."

Reporter: "Thanks, and it's been a wonderful night here in Basel, as Switzerland defeated Slovakia 2-1 in a fantastic display that will give fans hope that we aren't just here to make up the numbers. Our job was made easier on 3 minutes when Cech was sent off for the Slovakians, and we got a goal on 25 minutes, Philippe Senderos heading in Gokhan's corner. The provider turned goalscorer 12 minutes from time, here Gokhan's shot taking a large deflection off the Slovakian defender Michalik after a scramble around the box. We conceded late on though, Mintal getting a consolation in stoppage time. Overall, manager Harry Barker can be pleased with his teams performance, though I doubt they'll have to face 10 men for 87 minutes all tournament!"

Swiss TV Presenter: "Haha, yes. Thank you for your report. And now onto the weather..."

Switzerland 2-1 Slovakia

Swiss Stats

Pre-Euro 2008 Friendly, 27th May 2008

French TV: "Earlier tonight, France were involved in a pre-Euro 2008 friendly against South American nation Ecuador. Our correspondant will now re-cap tonight's events".

Correspondant: "That's right, and tonight the French national team defeated Ecuador 4-2. The visiting side took the lead through Caicedo, and it took until the second half the "Les Bleus" to find an equaliser, when Nicolas Anelka rifled the ball home from 20 yards after Salas had failed the clear. We fell behind again to a Benitez goal, but Thierry Henry put us back ahead, being set through by Vieira to score from an angle. The latter was then sent off with just 7 minutes remaining, most likely meaning he'll miss their first Euro 2008 game. We took the lead though with just 3 minutes remaining, a wonderful goal from Henry from outside the box, after Govou's pass. The result was sealed in stoppage time, Karim Benzema scoring from 65 yards after the Ecuadorian goalkeeper had come up for a corner, and failed to get back in time for the striker to finish. Overall it was a good warm-up for France, and was good to see three of the four strikers in the squad get on the score-sheet. Hopefully we'll be able to do well at qualifying for the knockout stages of Euro 2008. Back to the studio..."

France 4-2 Ecuador

French Stats

Pre-Euro 2008 Friendly, 27th May 2008

Dutch Correspondant: "Hello, and welcome to the Philips Stadion, Eindhoven. We've just witnessed Holland beat Denmark 2-0 in a display of attacking football which could have merited many more goals. Into total, the Oranje had 30 shots, and half on target. The lead was taken early on by John Heitinga as he headed home Van der Vaart's wide free-kick. Despite peppering the Danish goal with shots left, right and centre, they could only add a 2nd through Robin van Persie, tapping home Van der Vaart's deflected cross. With displays like this, the Dutch could have a great tournament."

Holland 2-0 Denmark

Dutch Stats

Note: Update style will be different (and longer) once tournament begins.

Archived