FMCU HQ and Rules. Please Read!

B.W.G

• 2 months later...

Hey mods, I have a question. Do you accept video submissions? I mean it's nice to use screenshots and write our affairs but simply showing and telling seems easier to produce and consume imho. Also, showing the important matches at length might be enjoyable to some people. I'm already in the business of gaming videos so maybe I thought I could do a special series just for this forum. But I haven't seen an example of it here. What do you think?

• 3 months later...

Right I have given this a refresh and updated this with new links for the sticky's and have made a start linking the careers.

If I've missed you out then let me know,if you want to add a description to your career then message me and I will get it sorted for you :D

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, it seems you didn't mention my career? Is there a rule which disqualifies me or? :)

Thanks!

Your thread had only recently been started and it's meant as a selection of the more active and popular threads.

I think it's about time that this thread was more up to date with current careers so I think I'll try and work on that once FM16 is released and a bunch of threads are up and running.

Your thread had only recently been started and it's meant as a selection of the more active and popular threads.

I think it's about time that this thread was more up to date with current careers so I think I'll try and work on that once FM16 is released and a bunch of threads are up and running.

Thanks, I have noticed now that last edit was in february :)

OK I've updated the OP to add a rule about thread bumping as well as a polite request about leaving comments on at least some of the threads you enjoy, and I say that as someone who does appear to have a decent core of regular readers but very few commenters ;) I've also adjusted the title so hopefully it attracts a bit more attention.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a rule--written or unwritten--about having more than one active FMCU thread at a time?

I'm thinking about starting another save, somewhere outside the British Isles, and if I do, I think I might enjoy writing about it, too. I'd also be using FM 15, while my Bishop Auckland save is on FM 14.

I'm fine either way; just wondering what the custom is around these parts. :)

There's certainly no rule against multiple active threads at the same time and I vaguely remember people have done it a few times but it's probably difficult to juggle two careers at once and give both a decent amount of playing time.

There's certainly no rule against multiple active threads at the same time and I vaguely remember people have done it a few times but it's probably difficult to juggle two careers at once and give both a decent amount of playing time.

Thanks for your quick reply, deltablue. I can understand why maintaining two careers can be difficult. I almost always have more than one save going at a time. When one starts feeling stale, I fire up the other one. Writing about the second save might be fun, too.

• 2 months later...

I've finally updated this with a bunch of what I feel are the most active threads at the moment (both in terms of total activity and recent activity) now there's been plenty of time since FM16 release for a lot of them to become established. Every so often I'll try and update it further.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
15 hours ago, BozzGer said:

I just can't add a picture to my post. When I click on "insert image from URL", copy the URL into that field and click on "insert into post", nothing happens,,,

Hi @BozzGer 

I-

I'm not sure if that's how it is meant to work but let me explain how i do it.

After you take a picture of whatever, and then save it, you have to upload or host it somewhere. I used to use Photobucket and now use Gyazo. Once ut has been uploaded/hosted you choose if you want to embed the picture, which basically means that you link it to a line if text and the pic appears if the line of text is ckicked, or the most common way is just to post the link to the pic into the page directly, (just copy and paste), and the pic should then appear directly on the page. 

Any problems then private message me and I will talk you through it if needed. 

• 2 years later...

To take a screenshot in game,you press alt and s (FM20) or alt and f9 (older versions).The screenshot you took will be saved in documents/sports interactive/football manager 2020/screenshots.

You can then upload the screenshot to an image hosting site such as Imgur,Gyazo or Photobucket.Once the screenshot is uploaded,there will be links which you copy and paste,usually the two used are copy link and BBCode (I use Imgur so I'm not sure if this is the same for Photobucket and Gyazo).

Copy and Pasting copy link onto the forum will give us a link to the image while copying BBCode link and pasting it onto the forum will put the image on the forum.

Edited by B.W.G

6 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

To take a screenshot in game,you press alt and s (FM20) or alt and f9 (older versions).The screenshot you took will be saved in documents/sports interactive/football manager 2020/screenshots.

You can then upload the screenshot to an image hosting site such as Imgur,Gyazo or Photobucket.Once the screenshot is uploaded,there will be links which you copy and paste,usually the two used are copy link and BBCode (I use Imgur so I'm not sure if this is the same for Photobucket and Gyazo).

Copy and Pasting copy link onto the forum will give us a link to the image while copying BBCode link and pasting it onto the forum will put the image on the forum.

Thanks for the reply.

On 30/11/2019 at 18:53, B.W.G said:

Nothing happens when I press those buttons. No screen shots anywhere.... Can touch do screen shots??!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/01/2020 at 15:45, FM_Prospect said:

how do i change the size of my pictures?, every screenshot I take posts as the same size?

Use [ img ] url [ /img ] (without the spaces after and before the brackets) for pics instead of posting the link directly. This will make the screenshot appear in actual size

• 1 month later...

Does Gyazo have BB codes like Imgur? I recently learned about it here in FMCU, and I'm liking Imgur so far. Just wondering if Gyazo is better since lots of people are using that as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...