FM13 is good, but 2 easy.

I started with Bari in serie B with -7 points. next year i was 4th in Serie A, 3rd season i was 3rd and 4th season i won serie a. after that i moved to Arsenal and in my first Arsenal season im first and with no real competition. i stopped playin i think i have 6-7 more games to play in premiership, but i have like 14 points more then Man utd.

MAIN PROBLEM with Bari: in my first season in serie A, i had 4-5 wunderkinds, i bought them for 400k-1m. So finding and buying best players cheap is too easy. after 2 seasons i sold one of them for 45M pounds to Man Utd. WHen i had so much money ( for Bari), i bought 8-9 very good players, some of them wunderkinds 2. after that, i won Serie A with few points more then Juve.

It is important to say that i dont use any forums help for finding wunderkinds i just find them in the game pretty easy..

Arsenal problem: I was hoping that premiership would be hard to win, because like Arsenal supporter i know how long i wait for them to win something. But in FM, i maybe lost one game in my first season with them.

MAIN GAME PROBLEMS with Arsenal: Arsenal have really good midfield players, Wilshere is diamond in the game. All i needed few good players defence and one great FORWARD. and it was even more easy then with BAri, because they have ton of money when you sell players you dont want. MAIN problem is AI, thats the biggest problem in FM in general. i didnt feel strong CHelsea, MAn utd, Man city, Liverpool, away game with Stoke.. etc.. im playing like in "GOD" mode, i know i will win the game. Somethimes i dont win, but thats very rare. I think Man utd and rest of the clubs have great teams 2, so i dont know why i am so good. Its my first season with Arsenal, many players i dodnt know how they play, because i bought many newgens , regens, how you call it these days.. But i guess that doesnt matter much..

i use my 4-1-2-2-1 formation, or you can say 4-3-3, with wings.. like Arsenal play in real life. its my old formation from previous FM versions.. i just changed few things. i noticed that crossings are better in FM13, so my FB cross often in this formation, before they had somethimes.. i was always put much my time in training players, looking what would be best for them.. im not new player in FM, of course.. but i didnt do nothing special, and im killing the game easy..

Somethimes i feel SI makes game easy so that every customer feel happy. But why dont you make difficulty levels for once? i bring this subject every year, i feel like broken record. or you can make some options to turn off or on.. if you hate word hard.

i would LIKE:

- full player atributtes hidden.. even after scouting you cant see all of them, or you can see some kind of range from 14-17, lets say... then after few months, when he is at your club, you can see exact numbers.

- signing great players for free its really hard. especially young wunderkinds. if there is one for sale, i want that my competition try to buy him 2.

- MUCH better AI. AI AI AI AI. i want to have fear when i go to some AWAY games. somethimes on my home ground 2.

- AI managers, give them more personality and skill.

- more problems in the club. from financial problems to problems with players. more unique problems, like player wants to play 70% of the games in season. if he dont play that % of games, not even close, then he wants to move from club.

-more injuries

-and many more other things, you can find them on wishlists..

Thank you for the game, its really good. but 2 easy. now i must wait my friend to buy the game, so i can at least play online, he is not dumb like AI managers. :)

YOu have so many good advices from older gamers, people who play this game almost every day , for 10 -20 years. WHy dont you at least try?

-more injuries

God no...I don't know whether you were lucky and found players with very low injury proneness, but injuries are one of the things that SI finally got right this year. If you want more injuries, play FM11/12 where the slightest injury results to 4-5 weeks of treatment.

The only issue I have found with managing in Italy, especially from the release of the game, is the tax bug. That alone can make it easier to win things in Italy if you can manage your finances properly as the rest of the country is pretty buggered.

"MAIN PROBLEM with Bari: in my first season in serie A, i had 4-5 wunderkinds, i bought them for 400k-1m."

Play as a team in lower leagues such as in the BSN/BSS were you have no money to spend at all so no worries of buying 'wonderkids' for between 400k-1m.

You can just find them and only wish you could afford to buy them.

/Problem solved.

I have seen a lot of people moaning about things being too difficult in this version of FM, so I guess it all depends how good you are at the game and you are obviously good at it.

Injuries: I must get at least 1 injury a week and sometimes several a week, so there's absolutely no need for more injuries.

I agree on some other things you have said, but overall i'm happy with the game the way it is. I've just taken over Inter Milan in a new save and i'm struggling to keep up with Juventus who are 5 points ahead of me and I have the painfull knowledge that I have to sell my best players at the end of the season because we have too much debt and losing money every month.

If you want more of a challenge when it comes to FM, then I urge you to go here.... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319117-ri916-s-FM13-Anglo-Euro-Youth-Academy-Challenge I think that's definately more down your street in terms of difficulty in the game and I personally found it very fun.

I started unemployed, sunday league experience. I had to work hard to land in Arsenal after about 8 seasons. I was fired twice in the first seasons, in low level teams.

Now in Arsenal, last season I won the Prem league with 6 draws and 0 losts - 102 points - 30 points ahead from the 2nd. Only lost one game the whole season - against MU in the Capital One. Won all the other cups - CL, FACup, ESCup, WC, Shield. Do you claim this is unrealistic? :) I like to think the other way around, I am just too good? LOL

That said, I don't like the idea of introducing options for difficult level. I would rather that they find a fair balance for everyone.

Difficulty levels already exist. You do the full simulation for the "hard" game and FMC for an "easy" game where you have unlockables to help you out.

FMC is just as hard, if not harder.

It has the same ME, but you have less accessibility to elements of the game which allow you more control. Unlockables are optional.

Difficulty levels already exist. You do the full simulation for the "hard" game and FMC for an "easy" game where you have unlockables to help you out.

I play FMC because I don't have the time and patient to play the full version anymore. I get bored with the repetitive team/press talks, stats depth, etc etc. But I will never use an Unlockable, ever. Unlockables would spoil the fun of the game for me.

The difficult level for me, is always start unemployed with Sunday league experience.

I think what you need, is to start a game with a team in lower league, like Blue Square N/S, that has absolutely no money and rep to buy any decent youth player.

It takes a lot more patience and sometimes a little luck to get them going.

I find it much more enjoyable when I do win something.

I do agree with you that it's still too easy when all things go your way but compared to previous FM's I think FM13 is a step in the right direction.

I have a journeyman save where I got sacked twice in 11 seasons.

That's the first time since FM9 that I got sacked and I've never been sacked twice ever, so it's not always that easy.

I agree with you about player attributes that it should be made harder to see the exact numbers, especially the current and potential star rating.

AI still has problems building and maintaining a squad and yes you can find good players for free but I doubt that a difficulty level would change any of that because it's a issue that is around for so long now and I'm sure that SI tries to make the AI as good as possible.

Also as a veteran player you will always feel like it's too easy, unfortunately nothing will change that.

It's often as easy or hard as you make it. The difficulty levels are in the game and always have been - your difficulty level is a combination of your starting rep and the team you end up managing. I wouldn't them to change anything to do with this.

Every year the same. The game is not and will never be too easy if you just use your brain, make yourself some rules and just dont buy players who are too good. You can very easely set a limit and for example dont buy strikers with finishing over 10 or whatever. There are PLENTY of options, its completely your choice. And with weaker players there is no chance that the game will be too easy, its just not possible.

I know what comes now..."i dont want to make my own rules"....Of couse you can say that, its up to you if you prefer moaning and whining instaed of having fun. Its your choice. But one thing is for sure, i have much more fun.:-)

Every year the same. The game is not and will never be too easy if you just use your brain, make yourself some rules and just dont buy players who are too good. You can very easely set a limit and for example dont buy strikers with finishing over 10 or whatever. There are PLENTY of options, its completely your choice. And with weaker players there is no chance that the game will be too easy, its just not possible.

I know what comes now..."i dont want to make my own rules"....Of couse you can say that, its up to you if you prefer moaning and whining instaed of having fun. Its your choice. But one thing is for sure, i have much more fun.:-)

Well, I don't think that buy a bad, reasonable or not as good players on purpose, just to make the game "harder" makes much sense. As much as I will never use an Unlockable in FMC, reload a game just because I lost, or use a super magic tactic from other players - buying bad players on purpose just to make the game "harder" would spoil the fun for me. Don't think that is a good option for everyone, to make the game "harder".

I think start unemployed, with sunday league experience and manage low level teams are already good options in the game to make it "harder". Still I've found the game easy once I reach a top level team and my reputation goes worldwide - which I don't see, necessarily as a big problem in the game.

Well, I don't think that buy a bad, reasonable or not as good players on purpose, just to make the game "harder" makes much sense. As much as I will never use an Unlockable in FMC, reload a game just because I lost, or use a super magic tactic from other players - buying bad players on purpose just to make the game "harder" would spoil the fun for me. Don't think that is a good option for everyone, to make the game "harder".

I think start unemployed, with sunday league experience and manage low level teams are already good options in the game to make it "harder". Still I've found the game easy once I reach a top level team and my reputation goes worldwide - which I don't see, necessarily as a big problem in the game.

This is pretty much it, although I slightly disagree with the first part. I always find the most enjoyable thing about FM is that you aren't bound to anything - in Call of Battlefield or Medal of Duty you, for the most part, just carry out something the developer has set out with little deviation, whereas with FM your imagination can think up pretty much any kind of story or game style. You could even sign exclusively ginger players if you wanted (having said that, has anyone ever seen a ginger newgen?). I think the suggestion of having a self-imposed rule is a good one for those who are really moaning about it being too easy - but then those that really go for it are probably the sort of people who would get bored very quickly if they were losing...

However, your second part is spot on. It's fairly realistic that if you start out as nothing and have success in the lower leagues, you'll build a reputation and eventually become a World class manager - that's going to make the game slightly easier, and you're right in saying is not really a big problem, it's a feature. I suppose you could always retire the manager when he reaches World Class, then say that his son is following in his footsteps and add him into the game. Keeps it at that low level.

lets keep it constructive. for example, when you start the game, why SI dont put on advanced options "hide current and potential star rating?". it really kills the game for experienced player. i cant pretend that i dont see these stupid stars. they already have there "enable player attribute masking". they can put lots of things like that in advanced options, to make the game of our choice. on default they can put whatever they think is good for noob players. where is the problem?

on default they can put whatever they think is good for noob players.

Love yourself much?

You have already had suggestions to make the game harder,as in start in the lower leagues were you have no money to buy any players and you have to use your skills as a manager more to bring more out of the team and climb the leagues.

The BSS/BSN is a good place to start.

I started the game as a Semi-Pro manager, at Inter. I don't think it was too easy at all. The financial situation was dire. The squad was aging rapidly. I had next to no reputation. I must have scouted 10,000 players to find the 10 or so that I ended up signing, over the last couple years. If you plan ahead, it should pay off, and in FM it does. If you build a team that can stick together for a couple years then you will reap the rewards of that.

FM is a simulator. It should not ever aim to be 'easier' or 'more difficult', it should strictly worry about simulating realistically, or less realistically (if/when that is desirable). Why not give yourself some credit for find those wunderkids, and developing them to their potential?

There is a hide player attributes mod here I have not tried it but it might be something that interests you.

Thank you very much! I downloaded, ill try that today. in read me i noticed Erimus1876 made that, it could be good.

Tactic Master- Yes, Juve is very strong in first 4-5 years. i had problems with them and thats what i like.

I play FMC because I don't have the time and patient to play the full version anymore. I get bored with the repetitive team/press talks, stats depth, etc etc. But I will never use an Unlockable, ever. Unlockables would spoil the fun of the game for me.

The difficult level for me, is always start unemployed with Sunday league experience.

Right, default FMC isn't much different but the point of unlockables was to create easier difficulty levels for people who want them. My hope, though, is that the whole FMC option enables SI to be more ambitious about increasing the difficulty of the full simulation while using FMC and unlockables as a way of ensuring that more casual players still have a means of playing the game the way they want it.

As for the whole starting unemployed with a low reputation being the difficulty level... that's true to an extent but not exactly realistic. LLM really shouldn't be more difficult than managing a Premier League side. Rather, the difficulty should scale appropriately with the level of competition. In other words, trying to secure a top 4 spot with Spurs or Arsenal shouldn't be less difficult than fighting relegation with a low quality League Two side.

Look at Real Madrid this season, for example. By FM standards, Mourinho is doing a horrendous job. In FM, you would basically have to sabotage yourself to find yourself badly trailing the league leader in your third season at Real. But that doesn't mean he would necessarily struggle at, for example, Adlershot Town. Moreover, just because Micky Adams is doing very well at Port Vale in a lower league doesn't mean the only thing that's stopping him from dominating the Premiership with a club like Chelsea is his reputation.

No difficulty levels, but would really like to see an AI that actually builds squads and a proper difference between AI managers. Too much similarity on FM, thrives from different approaches. FM11 as Liverpool, McCarthy ended up at Utd and his direct 4-4-2 team were the best challenge I've ever faced on the game. However, the rest of the league was utter *****. Would like more of the poorer (financially) sides playing above themselves later in the game, but the AI mode of Buying High CA means that these players just get hoarded by the clubs rich enough to do so. Quality is concentrated at City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, United and the rest of the league has dregs which they fail to use to any effect.

Love yourself much?

You have already had suggestions to make the game harder,as in start in the lower leagues were you have no money to buy any players and you have to use your skills as a manager more to bring more out of the team and climb the leagues.

The BSS/BSN is a good place to start.

i love myself , yes. and you are talking about things you dont know. what you dont know, better dont talk. you are giving me advice ( twice). im playing this game for 20 years. you know how many times i heard your advice? like 100 times. you know how many times i started FM with YOUR advice, unemployed, with sunday league experience and in lowest league? Many times. so you are missing the point. Point is that with few easy solutions this game could be harder. if you can help, im happy. im not here because i love myself, im here on this forum 4 years before you, and i have like 220 posts you have like 2000. that says a lot to me. you are the one who must always be right, but actually you not helping at all. i can except that for someone this game is hard. this topic is for players who find the game to easy and im trying to help them to make the game harder.

And do you really think that football manager should only have challenge if you manage low division club? dont answer, rhetorical question.

P.S. help or go to other topic, please. im not here to argue.

i love myself , yes. and you are talking about things you dont know. what you dont know, better dont talk. you are giving me advice ( twice). im playing this game for 20 years. you know how many times i heard your advice? like 100 times. you know how many times i started FM with YOUR advice, unemployed, with sunday league experience and in lowest league? Many times. so you are missing the point. Point is that with few easy solutions this game could be harder. if you can help, im happy. im not here because i love myself, im here on this forum 4 years before you, and i have like 220 posts you have like 2000. that says a lot to me. you are the one who must always be right, but actually you not helping at all. i can except that for someone this game is hard. this topic is for players who find the game to easy and im trying to help them to make the game harder.

And do you really think that football manager should only have challenge if you manage low division club? dont answer, rhetorical question.

Oh dear fair enough.

Just to add I have been playing this title since 97/98,although started back on the Speccy football manager.

I am sorry I tried to give advice to someone that posted something in a forum,especially as you did not have any lower league teams in your OP.

I see this is nothing more than a boast thread so I will leave you to it.

Archived