Potential Ability of -9, -8, etc? Can someone please quantify these exactly?

Looking in the FM Editor, I can see that many young players have Potential Ability numbers of -9 down to -5 which represent a potential range, rather than specific numbers out of 200 like older players.

Could someone please quantify exactly what range each of these numbers represent? I read in another thread that -9 = 170-200? Is this true? If so, what range is -8? -7? etc

-10 170-200

-9 150-180

-8 130-160

-7 110-140

-6 90-120

-5 70-100

This is a good thread about PA:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-best-players/83183-complete-ca-pa-thread.html

Just to further clarify what Keyzer has put above.

When you start a save a player with a negative number for PA will be given a fixed PA just like the older players.

So for example a player with -9 could have a fixed PA of 151 in one save and next save it could be 179.

Just to further clarify what Keyzer has put above.

When you start a save a player with a negative number for PA will be given a fixed PA just like the older players.

So for example a player with -9 could have a fixed PA of 151 in one save and next save it could be 179.

That is correct. Its basically for use when you don't know how good someone will be but have a vague idea.

• 1 year later...
You can only search for 'is' -9 etc.. it can't be a range or more than or less then.

I can search for "Potential Ability" "Is at Most" and then -9 will show all the -9 and -10 players.

Edit: In fact I just checked all the options work with negative potentials.

• 3 years later...

There are also midpoints -95, -85, -75 which have different ranges. Primarily though, -X PA's are for researchers to set a rough ball park of ability for young players for whom we aren't able to be confident enough about where they will be capable of playing if everything goes well. 

Thank you, but I know how to create a player:-) My question was: what to do, to be sure that player created by me will appear in the game. Even when I choose small database and do not choose England.

An example... I'm creating 80' Legends and I've created John Aldridge.

TLVOnpL.jpg

jKnoD6r.jpg

Is there any way, to have John Aldridge all the time in the game, no matter what database I choose?

If you aren't loading the league they are in, then the easiest way to make sure certain players are loaded is to use the advanced options when setting up the game and select the option to retain all players in his league (or country or nationality depending on how many you are wanting to retain), another way to do it if they still work is to create an edit file with the retain command for his club (not sure if you can do it per person), however it has been several years since I have done that so don't know the code off the top of my head, you are best having a look in the editors forum as they should have more info.

Thank you @michaeltmurrayuk!

Of Course! Retain command:

JYlv9cz.jpg

(581 - Newport County).

Then move DDT to Steam/Steamapps/common/Football Manager 2017/data/db/1730/edt/permanent

I was wondering why I can't do it per person? It should be command:

"RETAIN_PLAYER" "1394631863"

(1394631863 - that's my Aldridge)

If you got any idea... just let me know! If not, could you give me an editors forum link, please?

Archived