FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

First window? i think you can get 20mil or so with future clauses, depends on what start date you use, as for world beater, Ganso? Damiao? are the obvious ones i can think of, according to my assistant reports on players ive picked up, Ademilson(Sao Paulo), Adryan(Flamengo), Mattheus(Flamengo) and Max Meyer(Schalke, also has inside forward as his perferred/best position) all have world class potential.

Oh Bernard of Athletico Mineiro is another one.

Second season. I'll have a look at some of them

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Opinions on Schurrle? Have a big deal to bring him in and wondering whether he is worth it

Personally i prefer Yarmolenko from Kiev, just a better allround winger imo, though if your going for an inside forward i guess Schurrle does have better finishing, then id say compare him with Griezmann at Sociedad, who is better tech/mentally but weaker physically, both the players i mention have minimum release clauses and possibly come cheaper than what id imagine Schurrle to.

@Llama, what first caught my eye was on a mini tab it said Adebayor had 19 goals in 4apps, i was like wtf!:eek:, hes now on 22 in 14.

On a completely unrelated note, why in gods name do i get Man City every time in the Carling Cup! :(

Just had a home win of 4-0 against Chelsea in the league. I'm absolutely delighted with the way my tactic has taken shape! It feels so perfectly balanced, the only thing that seems to pose a threat against me is a fast strike force of AML - ST - AMR, where dropping deeper to alleviate the threat of them getting in behind me also limits how threatening I am going forward. Having ironed out my tactic following the update, I haven't conceded a goal in 7 games and my only 0-0 draw came away against Sp*rs where they had the fast attack I described.

I'm very happy!

I have no idea how all of you have gotten so far into your games. I've been trying to get into one but I can't as it's too buggy.

I've had to play 3 at the back to stop leaking goals. Only that doesn't work because they all just let the attacker run past them. My defenders can't defend, my midfielders can't pass. My wing backs cannot do anything. Meh.

I have no idea how all of you have gotten so far into your games. I've been trying to get into one but I can't as it's too buggy.

I've had to play 3 at the back to stop leaking goals. Only that doesn't work because they all just let the attacker run past them. My defenders can't defend, my midfielders can't pass. My wing backs cannot do anything. Meh.

Weirdly, I've not had any of these problems.

@Ajw, ive been using "The Hydra" tactic before the patch, was working ok, now ive tweaked it and made a whole new set of tactics, but struggling to keep clean sheets, i'm tempted like you to try 3 at the back, maybe with a sweeper, 2 cb's in front of him and 2 wingbacks, Rigga seems to be having success with his tactic in regards to clean sheets.

Well that was close, just finished the group stages of the Champ's League, i had, Shaktar, Cluj and Fenerbache, went into the final game, away at Shaktar sitting 3rd with 8 points, Shaktar top with 10, Fenerbache 2nd with 8, Cluj bottom with 1, managed to scrape a 3-2 win, with Fenerbache beating Cluj it put Shaktar out.

Beat Dortmund 3-1 to top the group, and have drawn Falcaos old club Athletico in the ko round. Conceded a last minute penalty there, and again against blackburn resulting in a 3-3 draw, not impressed!

Also looking to sell herrera who barely plays

4Atpf.jpg

This is my starting line up to start my save. I am trying to do the whole "invincible" tactic from a few pages ago and see how this tactic works. As you can see I bought Nainggolan and M'vila but that is about it so far. I was thinking about signing another AML because I just have Podolski really.

yeah it's really frustrating. Do you not get the issue where your striker has an open goal/is one on one and passes backwards?

Not that I've noticed. I've had plenty of players put a tap in over the bar and into the top row and a few other issues but none of the things you describe. If you're struggling for wins with your tactic I'll gladly take some screenshots of mine so you can give it a go. Obviously it might not work perfectly because we're unlikely to have all the same players but if it'll help I'd gladly share it :)

Well that was close, just finished the group stages of the Champ's League, i had, Shaktar, Cluj and Fenerbache, went into the final game, away at Shaktar sitting 3rd with 8 points, Shaktar top with 10, Fenerbache 2nd with 8, Cluj bottom with 1, managed to scrape a 3-2 win, with Fenerbache beating Cluj it put Shaktar out.

Did you succeed with signing Alaba?

Excellent player. Had him perform best for me as AML - Insdie Forward (Attack). :thup:

Really? Schurlle's 10 in decisions has always put me off... I'd go for Muniain :cool:

Thinking about buying Mario Gotze to be used in an AML position with Podolski on deadline day I am trying to get the deal done it will be around 25m up front and 10m in add ons which is just at least 40 league goals. Anyone think I should go for this?

Definitely!

Thinking about buying Mario Gotze to be used in an AML position with Podolski on deadline day I am trying to get the deal done it will be around 25m up front and 10m in add ons which is just at least 40 league goals. Anyone think I should go for this?

Yes

Excellent player. Had him perform best for me as AML - Insdie Forward (Attack). :thup:

he does look very effective

Fellaini is awesome, I wish I had bought him before he went to City :(

Last season was crap, December and January were awful and I was 3rd by the end of January. I got frustrated and just holidayed until the end of the season! Won the Carling cup and the FA cup, but finished 8th in the league :eek:

Going for a simple 4-5-1, more conservative formation this year, no tweaks!

GKd

WBs

CBd

CBd

WBs

DLPs

BWMd

AVPs

Ws

IFa

AFa

KISS!!

I bought Gotze for a cool £28 million at the start of the second season, and I play Giroud as an Advanced forward and he seems to be getting a good few goals. Bought Zouma for around £31 million aswell, which is a bit steep but he is worth it, cracking player.

@Speed_demon - If they have not bid for Fellaini, you should leave it unless your desperate for a center midfielder, as the price will drop, i got him for 13mil in my current game, arrives in Jan 1st.

@Rigga - Yep i got Alaba, worked like you guys said, though i now have him, baines and gibbs, aswell as the option of retraining Ayew to that spot.

@Ajw - I had that on the previous FM, not on this one yet *fingers crossed*, how do you watch the game, full game? / Key highlights? , is your game definitely patched to the right update?

In regards to Giroud, ive come to the conclusion now in my 10th or so restart that its really dependent on what formation your playing to what his settings should be, i had Success with him as a Advanced forward/Attack in a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, but not in a 4-5-1, where i found him to be more effective as an Target Man/Attack, which in return did not get him good performances when i tried the TargetMan/Attack in the 4-1-2-1-2, just my own findings of course :)

Extended highlights, latest update.

I've sorted out Giroud and I believe I have solved the ME :O

Currently on a run of 7 straight wins which includes a 3-1 win at Everton and a 4-0 home win over City. 6 clean sheets in those 7. Giroud has been smashing them in. Playing him as a target man attack in a 4-2-3-1.

Mwahaha, Man city have put Gervinho up for sale after he got grumpy at not playing regularly, for 30.5mil!, if he goes for that i get half due to the sell on clause i put in the deal:p, just need someone to buy the SOB.

Exactly the same situation happened to me, only he's been listed for transfer for 6 months now and his asking price has dropped to about £20m still with no takers.

I'm toying with the idea of buying Neymar, possibly selling Cavani because he just isn't hitting any type of form and I'd love to bring Cesc back to the club!

@Speed_demon - If they have not bid for Fellaini, you should leave it unless your desperate for a center midfielder, as the price will drop, i got him for 13mil in my current game, arrives in Jan 1st.

@Rigga - Yep i got Alaba, worked like you guys said, though i now have him, baines and gibbs, aswell as the option of retraining Ayew to that spot.

@Ajw - I had that on the previous FM, not on this one yet *fingers crossed*, how do you watch the game, full game? / Key highlights? , is your game definitely patched to the right update?

In regards to Giroud, ive come to the conclusion now in my 10th or so restart that its really dependent on what formation your playing to what his settings should be, i had Success with him as a Advanced forward/Attack in a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, but not in a 4-5-1, where i found him to be more effective as an Target Man/Attack, which in return did not get him good performances when i tried the TargetMan/Attack in the 4-1-2-1-2, just my own findings of course :)

Glad you got Alaba ok :thup:

The general rule of thumb I've found for Giroud is if there's no AMC behind him he works great as a DLF, if there is an AMC then either Advanced Forward of Target Man gets the best out of him.

I just need to figure out how to play Cavani, I can't seem to get anything from him!

so how far are people in the game now? im coming towards the end of my second season, 2 league titles, in very close seasons, 1st season by 3 points and 2nd season by a point, and a capital one cup, champs league ive been beaten in the last 4 by man utd in the 1st season and last 8 by juventus, now im aiming for league and euro glory, but also england manager now :)

Just found this lad, he looks absolutely brilliant if I can get his mental stats up with some tutoring!

ScreenShot2012-11-23at223443.png

Only problem is his work permit got turned down, even though my scout said it would likely be granted on appeal. Is there anything that I can do to get him a work permit?

Has anyone found a good tutor for the ox? He's been getting lots of game time from the off for me but his development seems pretty slow so I think he needs someone to look up to before he's too old.

his personality stats are very good - i simply do not tutor him, same with szczesny

Just found this lad, he looks absolutely brilliant if I can get his mental stats up with some tutoring!

ScreenShot2012-11-23at223443.png

Only problem is his work permit got turned down, even though my scout said it would likely be granted on appeal. Is there anything that I can do to get him a work permit?

looks raw, but great find. Get him to a feeder club for a work permit.

Wow, I've just had the most frustrating game against United at Old Trafford! Fortunately the match ended 3-3 after a great final 20 minutes, but twice Koscielny dwelt on the ball 16 yards out only to get tackled by Rooney on both occasions and be clear through for a one on one with the GK. What a terrible way to give 2 goals away! Needless to say Koscielny won't see first team football for a while! Once would have been forgivable but twice in such an important game is utterly unacceptable :mad:

On another note, Yarmalenko is absolutely insane for United. I'd seriously recommend him for anyone who's looking for a winger!

Edit: Argh! I just talked to him to tell him he wasn't good enough and he replied by saying he thought he defended well and was let down by his midfield!

Just reaching December and I'm still top and still unbeaten in the League. Am through to the knockouts of the CL, but I was knocked out of the League Cup by City.

Have just been given my transfer funds (turned transfers off in the first window) £30m, have already spent £23m of it. Willian for £13m and Baines for £10m. Delighted with that.

Archived