FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On reflection ive just noticed via a press conference that this was my 29th signing in one window so hes probably worried because of that lol, still id love the interaction option to say to him, "well you cant be very confident in your own abilities if you dont think you can impress me enough to beat all those players to the first 11 team sheet, huh! huh!"

Not as much as id love the option to tell players (djourou) that if he doesnt accept a transfer to southampton for lesser salary i will hire an army of dwarfs to hide in random places to surprise him by kicking him in the nuts on an hourly basis.

Really liking the way you've set up your team, was thinking of making one slight alteration. Fellani in for Diaby, thoughts?

Diaby is a great player to keep around , he is performing very well for me as a dlp/s role , he is a bit injury prone though.

Radja Naingollan from Cagliari, has top notch mental attributes (20 determination, best tutor i've been able to find in game, that is not already at a top club), good work rate, strong and an excellent tackler, was very consistent on my previous saves and so far hes doing the job on this one, costs 12million at the start.

Man City have him but he is in the Reserves?? , may be able to get him on the cheap?

Man City have him but he is in the Reserves?? , may be able to get him on the cheap?

Yeah they are wierd on FM, they buy players that they really dont need then they become unhappy and request a transfer, also keep your eye on Javi Garcia in their squad, hes pretty good as i recall

Man City snapped up Gervinho from me for £20m...he played 3 games that season, only started 1 but did score 1 goal. He was transfer listed for £26.5m but he seems happy there again now. Madness!

Man City are spending big in this 2nd transfer window too.

Man United finished 8th and that seems to have crippled their transfer prospects because their only notable signing was Yarmolenko.

A 14th place finish hasn't stopped Liverpool parting with a lot of money though!

Yeah they are wierd on FM, they buy players that they really dont need then they become unhappy and request a transfer, also keep your eye on Javi Garcia in their squad, hes pretty good as i recall

well I bid but they wanted 31m for him! , he is unhappy and wants to go out on loan , I will try again at the start of season 2 ,perhaps then he will be transfer listed.

I signed Admilson from Sao Paulo for 5.25m (contract release fee) , felt I needed another striker as I use Podolski on the left but Giroud is performing very well for me as a deep lying

forward , so far he has scored 18 goals in 29 appearances for me.

Also sitting pretty at the top of the league (first season) 5 points ahead but Chelsea do have a few games in hand to retake top spot.

Well in the final of the Friendly Cup, Podolski broke his foot and is out for 4 months. So far my only signings have been about £15m of youth prospects so I still have £100m and £270k p/w sitting in the bank if I see fit to use it. With Podolski out for so long I'm debating bringing in someone like Bernard or Ayew for use in the AML role. Alternatively I can trust in the Ox to be my first choice for the position and step up someone in the youth to be rotation. With Wellington Nem waiting in the ranks and having just asked to go out on loan I think I might do the Wenger thing and hang on to the money. In fact writing this out has made my mind up. It's the Ox's spot and I'll bring Wellington Nem in to cover when necessary. I also have a 16 year old who I'm particularly excited about so maybe he'll get a run out before the season's out!

Once August is over I'll upload another screenshot to show my transfer activity, but don't expect much besides Dzagoev, Chamakh and Bendtner leaving.

afcintroduction.png

Monthly Update | September, 2012;

September was always going to be a tough month. Both Liverpool and Ajax visited The Emirates, while we faced a daunting trip to the Etihad at the end of the month. New signing Olivier Giroud will be looking to continue his good form, while we entered two extra domestic and continental competitions - the Capital One Cup and the UEFA Champions League.

1.9.2012 | Barclays Premier League;

West Brom -1 (Brunt 68')

Arsenal - 3 (Giroud 28', Vermaelen 45+2', Walcott 71')

We got the win, but the performance was far from good. Although, scoring three goals at the Hawthorns is no mean feat. Lacking in possession, we had to take our chances and we certainly did. Olivier Giroud's firm left-footed shot found the net, before Thomas Vermaelen tapped-in at the far post following a Mertesacker flick on. A soft Chris Brunt goal offered West Brom a glimmer of hope, but Theo Walcott's opportunistic finish allayed our fears of a possible comeback.

15.9.2012 | Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal -2 (Giroud 13', 32')

Swansea - 0

After a bittersweet win against West Bromwich Albion, we wanted both a result and a good performance - and that's certainly what we got. We earned the majority of possession and limited Michael Laudrup's side to little, if any chances. It was Olivier Giroud, once again, who stole the show. Knocking home a parried Gervinho shot for his first, his second a six-yard lofted shot after a Gervinho cutback. Mérci, Olivier!

19.9.2012 | UEFA Champions League - Group Stage;

Arsenal - 2 (Giroud 49', 87')

AFC Ajax - 1 (Babel 35')

Franck de Boer's men weren't in the best of form coming into this match, but on the European stage, anything can happen. Ryan Babel's 6-yard tap-in only strengthened that possibility. But, once again, Olivier Giroud rose to the challenge. He scored yet another brace which clinched us the win; Giroud's winning goal was the better of the two, nodding past a stranded Vermeer. Job done: 2-1.

23.9.2012 | Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 2 (Cazorla 45', Giroud 81')

Liverpool - 1 (Suárez 20')

We met our toughest opponent to date: a well-oiled, Luís Suárez driven Liverpool side. They took the lead thanks to their talisman Luís Suárez, but Santi Cazorla's placed effort - which all came about after an impressive team move - came at just the right time. The moment was with us going into HT. The majority of the second-half was a mediocre, "you pass, I pass" affair, until Lukas Podolski found OG12 at the edge of the box. A goal ensured; and there's no prizes for guessing that it was a well executed left-footed shot. Delighted with that win.

26.9.2012 | Capital One Cup - 3rd Rond;

Sunderland - 1 (Ji-Dong Won 37')

Arsenal - 3 (Vermaelen 23', Gervinho 64', Gnabry 74')

With this game sandwiched in between to relatively important fixtures, I took the opportunity to rest many a first-team player. Fringe players - namely Marouane Chamakh, Andrey Arshavin and Johan Djourou - all made good impressions, but it was the youngsters who took the limelight. Vermaelen's early header was cancelled out by a good Ji-Dong Won goal, but the introduction of "wünderkid" Serge Gnabry proved to be an inspired one. Assisting Gervinho's first goal of the season, Gnabry then drilled a shot past Mignolet's right-hand side into the back of the net. Thomas Eisfeld and Emmanuel Frimpong, returning from injury, made good cameo appearances.

29.9.2012 | Barclays Premier League;

Manchester City - 1 (Džeko 68')

Arsenal - 0

This certainly wasn't our best performance of the season and it showed on the FT scoreline, sadly. Lacking possession, we found it hard to get our better players in the game. Saying that, both Santi Cazorla and Gervinho could've got us goals. Roberto Mancini's side were impressive, though. Wojciech Szczęsny, returning to the first-team, was forced into making an impressive 13 saves. Džeko's goal was a deserved reward for Manchester City's relentless pressure. We need to improve.

Barclays Premier League table; as of October 1st;

barclayspremierleaguese.png

Anything Else?

Theo Walcott - the contract situation

As many of you learnt from my last monthly update, Theo Walcott had stated his intent to leave the club - to search for pastures new - during September. After hearing this rather unexpected news, I attempted to enter preliminary talks over a new contract, only for my approach to be knocked straight back by his agent. After a brief chat with the player himself, he agreed to listen to the club's offer. Nothing has come of those talks though, as his agent has rejected the club's approach once more.

As ever, I'll continue in my efforts to renew his contract. Although nothing is a "done deal" yet, I'm already contemplating a few replacements. I'll keep you updated.

Bienvenu, Olivier!

Our season has certainly started well. Sitting fourth in the Barclays Premier League table, we've scored a collective 12 goals in 6 games. Leading our line, and leading the goalscoring charts, too; Olivier Giroud has hit the ground running.

oliviergiroudseptembers.png

Scoring an impressive eight goals in six appearances, Giroud has been a revelation. Some may say we're a bit too reliant on the French international, but I'm certainly not complaining as long as we carry on winning games.

I hope you enjoyed my second Monthly Update of my Arsenal save. Let's hope my season goes form strength-to-strength./CENTER]

arsenal.jpg

December Matches

Prem: Man City 1-2 Arsenal: Walcott 5 , Dzeko 32 , Podolski 77

CL: Arsenal 3-1 Juventus: Giroud 25 & 90+3 , Marchisio 58 , Wilshere 87

Prem: Arsenal 1-0 Stoke: Veron 61

Prem: Arsenal 3-1 Liverpool: Cazorla 14 , Cavani 19 , Llsinho 50 , Walcott 87

Prem: Southampton 0-1 Arsenal: Walcott 37

Prem: Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham: Adebayor(boo!) 33 , Cavani 57

Prem: Arsenal 4-1 QPR: Podolski 20 & 32 , Akpom 39 , Walcott 67 , Cisse 78

Prem: Wigan 3-1 Arsenal: Kone 39 , Podolski 43 , Watson Pen 69 , Gomez 78

Prem: Aston Villa 0-1 Arsenal: Mertesacker 87

Hi

I would post this in the graphics forum but I thought I may get an answer on here , Im after face packs for certain leagues such as the PL , but all the threads I come across are

megapacks and I dont really want to download huge files , does anyone know where I can download single packs of just the leagues I would like?

thanks

Giroud is a monster up front for me he started a bit slow but if you stick with him he becomes lethal in front of goal , he has 22 goals in 32app playing as a lone striker on the deep lying

forward/ support role which LLama told me to try him on , thanks

Also Diaby has been doing well on a deep lying playmaker role /support , nothing special but he gets consistent performances in the role , really undecided what to do with Ramsey as he does'n really get a look in???

I've just finished my first season and won the Champions League!

Beat Real Madrid and Juventus on away goals, clawed my way back from 3-0 down against PSG to win on pens and just beat Barca on pens with Vermaelen bagging the winner! :cool:

In the league I only managed to scrape 4th but I'd have been right up there challenging for the title if I didn't have this annoying tendency to slip up at home to bottom-half teams :(

I switched to a 4-1-4-1 formation towards the end of the season and having watched a few games all the way through, I'm set-up well both with and without the ball. It looks like this (duties in brackets);

GK

DR (auto) DC (D) DC (D) DL (auto)

DMC (D)

W (A) B2B (S) AP (A) W (S)

P (A)

This summer I'm going to try and offload Santos, Arteta, Rosicky and Chamakh from my first team and get rid of the likes of Denilson and Bendtner etc to get the squad down to a more managable size.

I didn't get much luck with my youth candidates this year but I am getting this guy from Preston who has been labelled the new John Terry :)

Lambert.jpg

I really want to get my central midfield right for the new season and I could do with one maybe two Box to Box midfielders.

My plan is to have;

Defensive midfielders - Fellaini, Coquelin, Frimpong

Box to Box midfielders - ????

Advanced playmakers - Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey.

Any recommendations for the B2B mids?

I play Ramsey as my box to box mid. Fellaini is probably a better box to box mid but he's also about as good as DMs come so if he's on the pitch that's where he plays. Granit Xhaka has been good for me in that role too, and he's young with reasonable though not exceptional potential.

I cancelled corzorla tutoring Adryan as I selected the wrong speech , I now relise that if you want certain atributes improved I should of selected "off the field phrase" as I wanted to improve his determination.

I cant seem to get corzorla to tutor him now as it greyed out! , do I just have to give it time till it becomes available again?

cheers

Giroud is a monster up front for me he started a bit slow but if you stick with him he becomes lethal in front of goal , he has 22 goals in 32app playing as a lone striker on the deep lying

forward/ support role which LLama told me to try him on , thanks

Also Diaby has been doing well on a deep lying playmaker role /support , nothing special but he gets consistent performances in the role , really undecided what to do with Ramsey as he does'n really get a look in???

I tend to rotate and stick with him, because in a couple of years when you have lost cazorla and arteta he will be a very valuable player.

Glad you have had success with Diaby and Giroud in the roles I suggested. They add a real balance there don't they?

I tend to rotate and stick with him, because in a couple of years when you have lost cazorla and arteta he will be a very valuable player.

Glad you have had success with Diaby and Giroud in the roles I suggested. They add a real balance there don't they?

yep! , check my post above , you can see Giroud is in the top 4 for most pl goals

I'm just about ready to start my second season and decided to stick with Ramsey and Diaby and give them another shot (cheers for the advice btw). Got £28m in received transfer fees leaving me with this side;

GK: Szczesny, Fabianski, Mannone

DR: Sagna, Jenkinson

DL: Baines, Gibbs

DC: Verm, Mertesacker

DC:Koscielny, Djourou

DMC: Fellaini, Coquelin, Frimpong

MC: Ramsey, Diaby

MC: Cazorla, Wilshere, Ward-Prowse

MR: Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho

ML: Arshavin, Miyaichi

ST- Walcott, Podolski, Giroud, Chamakh

Much-changed squad I know :cool:

Starting yet another save as wheels came off previous save with me having a tactical meltdown and not saving :mad: Anyways will post some screenies up later and lets hope for better luck this time. Not sure how i am going to tackle this save just yet but i am sure the formation i choose will help shape that.

Well, I've just finished my summer transfers for the 2nd season so I thought it was time for an update. No one big has come in, just a lot of regens, but I've cut a lot of fat from the team.

ScreenShot2012-11-19at183920.png

In other news, Bould has been resigned as a coach and replaced by Jair Ventura as the new assistant manager. He's a better judge of ability and potential, better tactical knowledge and better at motivating for the team talks - all for £1,800 per week...bargain!

I managed to win the European Super Cup 1-0 in extra time, despite a 14 minute straight red to Fellaini for violent conduct. He accepted a full 2 week fine without question. He does seem to be responding better to team talks now that we're a season in and have had a lot of success.

2 games into the premier league season and I've won both without conceding. I'm currently lying in 5th but have a game in hand over all but 1 team (City) above me. I'll need to win the next game by at least 2-0 (more if City win by more than 1-0) to regain top spot.

The CL group draw was kinder this time around, having been drawn against Celtic, Sevilla and CSKA Moscow.

This is the formation I've been using for a while now. I think I've only lost 1 game with it so far. The only change I make is to the strategy based on the quality of the opposition and if the game is home or away.

ScreenShot2012-11-19at185110.png

arsenal.jpg

January Transfers & Matches and Stats

Transfer: In: Max Meyer 6.75m/Schalke , Silvio 2.4m/At Madrid , Lorenzo Tassi 2.6m/Brescia & Inter , Aquivaldo Mosquera 6m/America(mex)

Out: Max Meyer loan/KV Kortijk , Adam Campbell loan/Inverness , Lorenzo Tassi loan/ KV Kortijk , Djourou 4.7m QPR , Sagna 7.5m/Newcastle

Matches

Prem: Arsenal 4-1 Sunderland: Arteta 11 , Wilshere 34 , O'Shea 54 , Cavani 57 & 63

FA(3rd): Arsenal 3-1 Sheff Wed: Mertesacker 4 , Cazorla 6 , Walcott 33 , Prutton 83

C1C (S/F [LEG 1]): Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal: Carrick 85 , Kagawa 90

Prem: Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea: Giroud 53 , Podolski Pen 83

Prem: Everton 1-1 Arsenal: Osman 52 , Cavani 60

Prem: Norwich 1-3 Arsenal: Cavani 11 , Surman 23 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 31 , Silvio 85

C1C (S/F [LEG 2]): Arsenal 1-0 Man Utd: Giroud 43 (Arsenal Lose2-1 on agg) So We are out of our first Cup

FA (4rd): Arsenal 2-1 Hartlepool: Akpom 2 , Howard 53 , Veron 88

Prem: Arsenal 1-1 Man Utd: Giroud 45 , Rooney 77

STATS

Top 3 Goalscorers

Walcott 22

Cavani 16

Podolski 11

Top 3 Assists

Walcott 12

Coquelin & Oxlade Chamberlain 9

Cavani 8

Top 3 AMR(at least 10 Apps to qualify)

Walcott 7.57

Vermaelen 7.48

Mertesacker 7.33

Top 3 Apps

Jenkinson 32(1)

Szczesny 32

Cavani 30(6)

fmpic.jpg

fmpic3.jpg

Got Barca in the knockout round 1st leg at Emirates , Arteta is my central midfield defensive player and he has just got injured for 3 weeks , do you think Coquelin is a good option?

cheers

Coquelin or Frimpong are probably both better at the defensive phases of play than Arteta, but they lack the mental maturity to be as consistent and the intellect going forward. Coquelin should be able to fill in fine, just makes sure he's set to stay in position and focus purely on shielding your defence and with a bit of good fortune he'll see you through.

I'm having a slightly rough time defending leads after keeping clean sheets in the first 2 games (sounds familiar doesn't it!). I was all over Liverpool at home and went in at half time 2-0. Some suicidal defending had them draw level as injury time began and it was only a last gasp winner from Wilshere that sealed the win. It was a similar story at St James' Park in the Capital One Cup. Again 2-0 and cruising, then we go 2-2 and face extra time. This was slightly more forgivable because it was a 2nd string team, but the number of shots off target was shameful and has to improve. It was only 2nd penalty put away by Arteta in extra time that gave us a 3-2 win and on to play Stoke in the next round.

5 games in to the season and somehow, after a terrible campaign last year, United have not only won every game but also haven't yet conceded a goal! They signed the left winger, Yarmolenko, who is their leading scorer with 5 goals. None of their strikers are yet to score. Fortunately, this means that despite conceding 3 goals in the league we are still top on goal difference. It is frustrating for me though, having had the most solid defence in the league last season.

well I bid but they wanted 31m for him! , he is unhappy and wants to go out on loan , I will try again at the start of season 2 ,perhaps then he will be transfer listed.

I signed Admilson from Sao Paulo for 5.25m (contract release fee) , felt I needed another striker as I use Podolski on the left but Giroud is performing very well for me as a deep lying

forward , so far he has scored 18 goals in 29 appearances for me.

Also sitting pretty at the top of the league (first season) 5 points ahead but Chelsea do have a few games in hand to retake top spot.

Gunnermitch what role and duty to you give Giroud as a deep lying forward. Also could you let me know what formation you are currently using with Arsenal.

Gunnermitch what role and duty to you give Giroud as a deep lying forward. Also could you let me know what formation you are currently using with Arsenal.

Hi

Giroud plays as a deep lying forward on support duty (also set him as target man and play to feet in team instructions)

I play a 4-2-3-1 , podolski and the OX are used as wide inside forwards/attack with either corzorla or wilshire as my advanced playmaker/attack in the hole.

I play a control/balanced team philosphy

when I get time I will try to post a picture of my tactic , I think its the same as LLama which is posted on about page 2 or 3

Made a good start to my second season. I've just conceded my first goal in nearly two months! (Ok it includes two friendlies but I'm still counting them) :)

Arsenal.jpg

I ended up buying Gaston Ramirez for £14m on transfer deadline day and sending Miyaichi out on loan. He's made a solid start on the left wing for me and he provides very good service to the front man. Five-star potential too!

So finished my 1st season last night:

PL 3rd but 12 points off City who retained their title, had some really good results but also some very random ones like losing to West Brom on the last day of season even though they had been relegated!

CL WON!! Beat Udinese, Fenerbahce, Schalke and then Real in the final 3-1 with their goal coming as a late consolation after we completely dominated and never looked like losing. I think my tactic must be more suited to European play than the prem.

FA Cup went out 4th round, cant remember who!

Carling went out 4th round to Hull

So far I have been buying in youth, about 6 or 7 so far to fill out by reserves. Tried to sign a 16yr old regen from Utd for £17.5mil(this inc add-ons) as he is the best thing I have ever seen at that age but he has no interest in joining me. I will be tapping him up throughout the season. I was gutted though as I planned on using him quite heavily.

In terms of proper transfers I will try to offload the usual suspects and look to get in a cm support/att to replace Diaby who became unhappy and has now gone on loan to Newcastle. No one would buy him! Any ideas on a good young cm support? I have been trying to sign Strootman from PSV but I think he will be a bit much for me.

Squad at the moment and probably wont change much is:

GK Chez/Fab

LB Gibbs/Willems

CB Verm/Kos/Merts/Kjaer

RM Jenks/Sagna

CM DLP/D Arteta/Coq

CM CM/A Ox/Santi/Rosicky/Ramsey

CM CM/S New Guy!/Ramsey/Santi/

AML AP/A Jack then Pod changes to IF/A

AMR W/A Navas then Theo IF/A

S CF/S Giroud/ Pod/Theo

Coquelin or Frimpong are probably both better at the defensive phases of play than Arteta, but they lack the mental maturity to be as consistent and the intellect going forward. Coquelin should be able to fill in fine, just makes sure he's set to stay in position and focus purely on shielding your defence and with a bit of good fortune he'll see you through.

Coquelin's main strength is his mental discipline

Any suggestions for a new LB? Don't think Gibbs is consistent enough. I've tried Baines but Everton want £52m (!!!) for him, and when I agreed a fee for Alaba, he said he wasn't interested in signing :(

Willems has been ok for me, only cost about £7m and is young so hopefully will progress nicely

I'm looking to make a marquee signing, a truly world class player!

If you could buy any player in one of the following positions, who would it be?

DR

DL

MC

AMR

AML

This is my current team:

GK chez

DR kohoutek (regen)

DC Feng (regen)

DC Verms

DL Honda

MC Perez (regen)

MC Ramsey

AMR Bakkali

AMC Wilshere

AML Chambo

ST Falcao

I'm looking to make a marquee signing, a truly world class player!

If you could buy any player in one of the following positions, who would it be?

DR - Phillip Lahm/Dani Alves

DL - Jordi Alba/David Alaba

MC - Cesc Fabregas

AMR - Franck Ribery

AML - Cristiano Ronaldo

DR - Phillip Lahm/Dani Alves

DL - Jordi Alba/David Alaba

MC - Cesc Fabregas

AMR - Franck Ribery

AML - Cristiano Ronaldo

Alaba's gone to united

Lahm and Alves are 32

Fabregas isn't interested

Ribery is 32

Ronaldo isn't interested

:(

On a side note, the board just told me that they're unhappy because I haven't been playing youngsters enough, it would appear that you have to play players from the youth intake in order to fulfill this requirement, 15 year olds you sign yourself don't count :mad:

Archived