Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is we don't have any squad players who are at or near their peak; they're either crap, too good to be on the bench or are young and should be out playing somewhere on loan. Well actually, we have one but he's been ostracised for no apparent reason - if we still had solid rotation options like Meireles, Kalou and maybe Essien or Benayoun (though whether they'd be good enough for the squad is debatable, likewise Kalou now we have Moses/Marin on the bench anyway) then players like Romeu could go and actually play. The club's treatment of young players is baffling.

One thing Romeu has a bit of that Mikel doesn't is pace, Obi is sometimes caught out by midfielders just running past him, at least Romeu has some pace to recover with. Mikel has better positioning, ball retention and pace, but Romeu deserves more game time than he's been getting I think.

Nice to score 6 goals, nice that Torres looked slightly more like a striker than usual, and Mata is a boss as usual. Not the worst first game back in the country I suppose

Pretty gutted we are out but have been preparing myself for it to happen anyway. Shame it's not goal difference that counts first. Looking back now at that draw v Juve at home. That would have put us through if we had won that. Glad we went out with a bang though and I just hope our PL form get's back on track now.

I do hope we take the Europa League seriously as it would be cool to win it. Hopefully we can sort our league form out, guarantee a top 3 finish at the least and then hopefully get as easy a group as United or Arsenal did this year, next year. Or just play better if we get a harder group :D

So, you reckon you'll be taking the Europa League seriously then?

I think they will. They have nothing else to play for and it will give Benitez the best chance at another year (4 months) in the job.

Oh dear Chelsea. I mean Arsenal aren't exactly flying but not the best couple of months for you guys eh?

Three words, TERRY, LAMPARD, DROGBA.......that is all.

Poor man's Jibby, must try harder.

As for Romeu, the only thing he's got on Mikel is how quick his passing is (ie. one-touch passing etc). Europa's going to be a blast.

It is definitely a hard time to be a Chelsea fan, probably the hardest under Abramovich. I still see no logical reason for the sacking of RDM but we do need to go all out in the summer for Guardiola or Mourinho. I also think we need to take a gamble on players rather than splashing massive amounts of money all the time. I think the team we have now is great and has the potential to win a couple of trophies but we clearly need more strength in depth and get another game winning striker like Didier.

I still see no logical reason for the sacking of RDM but we do need to go all out in the summer for Guardiola or Mourinho.
Well, I don't think Roman was pleased that as the holders we would be going out in the group stages of the CL (I'll add that it's the first time in the 'Abramovich Era' that we've failed to progress to the KO phases of the competition).

Didn't that bergkamp guy get destroyed a couple of months back and went and hid under his rock like the little slug he is? :D

I posted a few things in here, didn't get 'destroyed' and didn't go away and hide at all. I had made my point, responded a few times and had no more to say at that time.

I layed (laid?) some sort of Steve Bould related smackdown on the poor lad ages ago.

Win the Europa and the thread title need not change. Unless we can change it to 'World' in a few weeks.

By that logic you should have changed it back in August when Atletico hammered you :p

Man, all those rings are personalised with the player's name, number and an image of his face. What a ****ing hero Didier is.
I dont like to copy much from Yankee sports but this should have been a norm in CL for many years ago.

Drogba <3

Torres has had a game and a half of good performaces now lets stop digging at him till jan at least he could be on the way back under benitez. I really didnt want benitez in and did think torres was past it but so far both are proving me wrong at the mo lets get behind them and see where it takes us, atleast until we have a change if 1 happens.

Archived