Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, David Luiz, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Ba.

Drops Terry against a team with Andy Carrol up front and Torres after his first decent game in ages! Stick with a ****ing team for ****s sake

Loathsome though Benitez is, no-one, and I mean no-one, deserves to be criticised for dropping Torres.

Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, David Luiz, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Ba.

Drops Terry against a team with Andy Carrol up front and Torres after his first decent game in ages! Stick with a ****ing team for ****s sake

No, right team selection. WOW, Torres scored against Steua but Ba had to start this.

Loathsome though Benitez is, no-one, and I mean no-one, deserves to be criticised for dropping Torres.

Normally I'd agree but the rotation (and Europa) mean we'll have to play Torres at some point so we might as well make it a game after he's done well surely?

Ba's finishing has been dreadful today, but the difference between him and Torres is that he's consistently getting in good positions and threatening the Wet Spam defenders, whereas Torres just hides or gives the ball away. We desperately need a striker who can consistently get goals, but even on a bad day, Ba is a big upgrade on the invisible Spaniard.

Well that was a good display. Should have probably scored 4 or 5 but you can't have everything. We just about coped with Carroll and thought Luiz had a good game. Demba Ba not so good. Mata and Azpi were great and Hazard was just amazing again. I have a serious man crush on him.

Overall a great day for us. Shame Arsenal didn't drop points yesterday but back into 3rd with a game in hand over Spurs as well. I have to say I did find it odd that Torres didn't play a part. Had his best game in about 25 games on Thursday. Never thought I would want him to start again this season :D

Don't want to speak too fast but I am quite confident about top 3/4 now. Game in hand. Fixtures upcoming are Southampton away then Sunderland at home. I expect us to get maximum points from both them games. Spurs still have City at home to play and there record is not too good against City recently. Just don't **** this up!

Lewis Baker <3

He is growing and growing as a player. Top of my head he seems to deliver with goals/assists in the biggest games too.

Talking of growing - is Charly Musonda still teeny/any signs of development at all? It's been ages since I saw him in the flesh last.

• Administrators

Haven't seen him play so much recently but I stood next to him yesterday; he somehow didn't seem that small.

I've heard he apparently asked not to play up with the 18s this season, else he surely would have by now. A little odd, but unconfirmed tbf.

If Ba's first 1-on-1 goes in then I think he would have scored all his others. However it just didn't go well for him from the start. Should have given Torres 20 mins considering there is now an international break, which he isn't playing in right? As I said before I think its too late for him to save his Chelsea career but if he plays most games like he did against Steau then it would be very helpful.

It's about knowing what you are doing lads :brock: Can't be https, has to be http, so just remove the s and you get what I've given you :lol:

Ah awesome, cheers Ice :thup:

That NextGen performance was so good, that and the Barca game are the only two I've seen but it was amazing how they took Juve apart time and time again.

Anyone believe in these rumours of us buying Isco? Whilst I would love him, would it not mean that one of Mata/Hazard/Oscar don't play. I mean he could play where Lampard plays but surely that's too deep for him? Plus we need more steel in that department.

We could always drop Oscar into the centre of midfield, I think there's a feeling around the club that he will eventually move into some kind of deeper position anyway. But what about De Bruyne? Or Piazon? Isco's great, but do we really need him on top of what we already have? Still have Kakuta knocking around on loan too

Just read a really good article on Hazard:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2295271/Eden-Hazard-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Lionel-Messi-Chelsea.html

I know it's from DM but its a good read and I agree with it. However the comments section is hilarious. One guy stating Hazard is nothing special/overrated, was only worth about £12million and that Nani has more skill than him :D

Everyone loves a bit of Isco. He is phenomenal, would definitely improve the team and make an instant impact. There has been noise from Spain about him coming to us and I wouldn't be surprised that if a deal does happen, that Piazon will be part of the transfer.

That being said, we're getting pretty stacked in the attacking midfield roles as it is (although Oscar and De Bruyne can play deeper, alongside Mikel/Ramires)

Just read a really good article on Hazard:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2295271/Eden-Hazard-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Lionel-Messi-Chelsea.html

I know it's from DM but its a good read and I agree with it. However the comments section is hilarious. One guy stating Hazard is nothing special/overrated, was only worth about £12million and that Nani has more skill than him :D

Nothing laughable about Nani having more skill when he does. I'd still rather have Hazard than Nani

Archived