*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little more information would be useful, who are you managing? If you've advanced further than season 1 what division are you in & what is the date?

Managing Crewe at start of first season. Sorry about missing it ;)

Managing Crewe at start of first season. Sorry about missing it ;)

You are allowed to register players signed on a free after the deadline, but only if you left empty space on your squad, ie registered 24 or less instead of 25. Maybe registering your first free transfer signing took up the only vacant slot?

Really? My experience is that each and every time the club tries to trigger the option and that each and every time and without any exception the player refuses the permanant contract. Even if I had missed some cases in which offers were not made, I certainly have not missed a case in which one of my players would have accepted an offer in that situation. To clarify: I'm talking about offloading players this way only.

Renders the option pretty useless and I've seen it posted by many others as well.

So even if in a few cases it may have worked for others, there was still a need for a major tweak here.

It isn't only a refusal. We're speaking of the most shockingly insulting garbage contract offer in the history of professional football! He spits them in the face, then he tears the contract offer into pieces, sets them on fire and then urinates on the pieces all while shouting obscenities in their general direction.

Then, when he returns from the loan, he rants on about how awesome his time at the club was and how much he learnt there, and that the loaning club is the best club in the world and he became bestest friends with everyone there.

And then, when you offer him out, trying to get rid of him asap, and if the loaning club tosses in a bid, he happily joins them with no fuzz whatsoever.

... yes, needs fixing.

You are allowed to register players signed on a free after the deadline, but only if you left empty space on your squad, ie registered 24 or less instead of 25. Maybe registering your first free transfer signing took up the only vacant slot?

Right pure confusion here, i though barside had replied to me but he hadnt he had replied to a different post, SO yeah ignore what I put

• SI Staff
Why is there no problem registering Mahmadou Diarra in the 25 man squad? I signed Juanfran in similar circumstance and couldn't register him until Jan 1st.

Also, is Anthony Pilkington still s h it?

Who were you managing? Did you have space in your squad when you signed Juanfran?

i've downloaded the new updates, and now i can't play the game.

i have the pc disk copy of the game and play offline.

when i go to open the game offline it says it completing installing but doesn't get past 0% before saying the steam servers are too busy to handle my request.

this has been going on for three hours. i've got internet connection, and the patch seem to download ok, and i've followed the steam online help but am still unable to play...

can anybody help me , please?

also when i open the new editor, i can bearly read the writing on the green background and can't seem to do anything there either... :-(

It isn't only a refusal. We're speaking of the most shockingly insulting garbage contract offer in the history of professional football! He spits them in the face, then he tears the contract offer into pieces, sets them on fire and then urinates on the pieces all while shouting obscenities in their general direction.

Then, when he returns from the loan, he rants on about how awesome his time at the club was and how much he learnt there, and that the loaning club is the best club in the world and he became bestest friends with everyone there.

And then, when you offer him out, trying to get rid of him asap, and if the loaning club tosses in a bid, he happily joins them with no fuzz whatsoever.

... yes, needs fixing.

I'm really, really disappointed about this :thdn:

At least you get some interest after they return.

I have 5.5m of annual salary rotting in the reserves on fairly long-term contracts which I cannot even give away for free since they rejected the contracts from EPL sides :(

I've just started a Newcastle save and on player search I've chosen: Position is left back. However, Erik Pieters isn't showing despite it being his main position.

(BTW I haven't ticked the exclude unrealistic transfers box)

Are you absolutely sure you haven't included any further conditions in your search according to which he may be filtered out?

Anyway, keep in mind that the player search will not find you all players which are loaded in the game. Especially at the game's start you may not have sufficient scouting knowledge for him to be on the list.

Also you may verify that he is loaded in your save in the first place. You can use the ordinary search in the top right corner to find out.

hth :)

has anyone had any problems with signing coaches? Im playing as Crewe and every coach I have offered a contract to rejects within almost a day. Even when I offer them double what they ask for? Anyone any ideas whether it be someone from SI or someone who just knows things? Didnt want to post it straight in the bugs forum in case it was just me

Are you absolutely sure you haven't included any further conditions in your search according to which he may be filtered out?

Anyway, keep in mind that the player search will not find you all players which are loaded in the game. Especially at the game's start you may not have sufficient scouting knowledge for him to be on the list.

Also you may verify that he is loaded in your save in the first place. You can use the ordinary search in the top right corner to find out.

hth :)

Yep, 100% sure, been playing the game for about 10 years now and its the first time its happened. I've loaded all the major leagues:

Arg (view only) Bra (view only) Eng (league 2) Fra (ligue 1) Holl (Eredivise) Germany (Bundesliga) Italy (Serie A) Scot (SPL) Portugal (Liga Sagres) Turkey (top league) Spain (La Liga) with a large database

and I have already searched for his name and he does exist :S

On previous games he should show up, because scouting knowledge would still know he exists. Especially as we signed Tiote from Holland, have been linked with him & plays for his country

Yep, 100% sure, been playing the game for about 10 years now and its the first time its happened. I've loaded all the major leagues:

Arg (view only) Bra (view only) Eng (league 2) Fra (ligue 1) Holl (Eredivise) Germany (Bundesliga) Italy (Serie A) Scot (SPL) Portugal (Liga Sagres) Turkey (top league) Spain (La Liga) with a large database

and I have already searched for his name and he does exist :S

On previous games he should show up, because scouting knowledge would still know he exists. Especially as we signed Tiote from Holland, have been linked with him & plays for his country

In that case I'd still guess it's a scouting knwoledge issue.

What does the Holland bar on the scouting knowledge page show?

In that case I'd still guess it's a scouting knwoledge issue.

What does the Holland bar on the scouting knowledge page show?

30%. I don't understand how the club can't recognise top players from that country still? Scouting must've been altered from the last patches?!

Very happy with the update as it appears to have fixed my two major crash problems (international management & holidaying).

Just noticed the Euro Championship countdown. Is it new? Really good idea.

what is this? could you explain where this comes up in the game?

• Administrators
i've downloaded the new updates, and now i can't play the game.

i have the pc disk copy of the game and play offline.

when i go to open the game offline it says it completing installing but doesn't get past 0% before saying the steam servers are too busy to handle my request.

this has been going on for three hours. i've got internet connection, and the patch seem to download ok, and i've followed the steam online help but am still unable to play...

can anybody help me , please?

also when i open the new editor, i can bearly read the writing on the green background and can't seem to do anything there either... :-(

Try verifying your cache as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

And for the editor read this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/282236-Issue-with-the-Editor-–-Please-Read-Here-First

Any thoughts on the MLS Generation Adidas players using up salary cap space and a senior roster spot?

The other odd thing about it is that I am in the playoff time period for MLS. All salaries have been guaranteed for a while now, meaning any changes I make to my squad should only change the salary cap if the player was signed to a contract after the roster guarantee date. Any of the Generation Adidas players that I change, which I have had on the roster for at least the current full season, will drop the weekly salary amount. Changing any other roster players does not alter the weekly salary amount which is what I would consider correct and expected behavior.

has anyone had any problems with signing coaches? Im playing as Crewe and every coach I have offered a contract to rejects within almost a day. Even when I offer them double what they ask for? Anyone any ideas whether it be someone from SI or someone who just knows things? Didnt want to post it straight in the bugs forum in case it was just me

posted this a couple of times now and it keeps getting looked over ;) anyone any clues?

I just looked in the editor and Aston Villa are still restricted to "part time" contracts for their scouts. I thought this was suppsed to be fixed?

Could that maybe the problem im having with Crewe? a restriction in the editor?

• Administrators
I just looked in the editor and Aston Villa are still restricted to "part time" contracts for their scouts. I thought this was suppsed to be fixed?

Have you tried signing scouts as Villa?

• Administrators

posted this a couple of times now and it keeps getting looked over ;) anyone any clues?

Will take a look now, thanks for mentioning it.

• Administrators
No, I looked in the editor and saw that the contract type for scouts was set for "part time". Is the editor not going to show accurate results?

I'm not certain quite how the fix has been done, it may not matter now that part time is set in the db, I'd suggest trying in game to make sure. As far as I'm aware the issue was fixed.

Any thoughts on the MLS Generation Adidas players using up salary cap space and a senior roster spot?

The other odd thing about it is that I am in the playoff time period for MLS. All salaries have been guaranteed for a while now, meaning any changes I make to my squad should only change the salary cap if the player was signed to a contract after the roster guarantee date. Any of the Generation Adidas players that I change, which I have had on the roster for at least the current full season, will drop the weekly salary amount. Changing any other roster players does not alter the weekly salary amount which is what I would consider correct and expected behavior.

In MLS, when piecing together your 30-man roster, there are around 6 (I forget the exact number, but I think it's 6 though) "off-budget" slots that won't count towards the cap. Generation Adidas, Academy Apprentice and Developmental players can all fill these off-budget slots (as can Senior Entry Level players sometimes) but there is a hierarchy in FM12 that makes sure Generation Adidas players are always in one of those off-budget positions.

In the situation you have mentioned, the GA contract never counted towards your cap at all. What has happened is, removing the GA player from your squad has pushed one of the other players into his off-budget slot. This is what has reduced your cap.

This is as mind-bending as it sounds so if I haven't explained it well, please say and I'll try and help out.

Crewe issue looks absolutely fine here - are you sure you have enough spots available to be able to sign these coaches?

I will double check when I get home, im 95% sure that when I had a look at that I had enough spaces. Although that is the kind of stupid mistake I would make, I only have one coach though surely it cant be that low :p Cheers anyway though :thup:

I'm not certain quite how the fix has been done, it may not matter now that part time is set in the db, I'd suggest trying in game to make sure. As far as I'm aware the issue was fixed.

I started a game as Aston Villa and I was indeed able to sign a scout to a "full time" contract. I'm concerned that the settings in the data editor can't be trusted but I suppose that is academic at this point.

Has there been another patch? Steam just finished downloading FM12 for me.

Is this fix or the Turkey/Greec/Bulgaria etc bug, so are we all set to start a long term game with no problems ? :)

mee to! It's a file of 35kb: what's that?

I don't know if it was a "small" update but also now when you began a new game Balotelli is always listed for loan and transfer! :(

1 month in to the greatest version of FM ever and its gone and ruined everything! Rangers have a tycoon owner!

Sigames need to be more cut throat and kick teams in the balls when there down. The game is too nice for my liking. Give us death and destruction please!

This was to fix an issue with the Nottingham Forest Chairman.

Thanks for the answer ;) But, only to know what you think, the fact that Balotelli is listed on loan and transfer, is considered a bug or not? Or it's just part of the logic of the game? thanks again

Thanks for the answer ;) But, only to know what you think, the fact that Balotelli is listed on loan and transfer, is considered a bug or not? Or it's just part of the logic of the game? thanks again

Yes, this is particularly annoying. Especially when a "Harry Bunn" is in the first team squad instead.

1 month in to the greatest version of FM ever and its gone and ruined everything! Rangers have a tycoon owner!

Sigames need to be more cut throat and kick teams in the balls when there down. The game is too nice for my liking. Give us death and destruction please!

The problem with a club like Rangers is that they are exactly what tycoon's look for, low investment/high potential return & a club with a high reputation, other than hard coding them to not have a tycoon or change the entire tycoon code(either could imbalance long term games) I do not see what they could have done.

Nice and constructive. What is wrong with Man City's stadium, it is showing up fine in mine as "City of Manchester Stadium" which is correct.

I thought that Man city changed the stadium name to the Etihad? Could be wrong mind as I dont follow most of what they do (though i'm sure they changed it as i think in FIFA 12 its called the Etihad)

In MLS, when piecing together your 30-man roster, there are around 6 (I forget the exact number, but I think it's 6 though) "off-budget" slots that won't count towards the cap. Generation Adidas, Academy Apprentice and Developmental players can all fill these off-budget slots (as can Senior Entry Level players sometimes) but there is a hierarchy in FM12 that makes sure Generation Adidas players are always in one of those off-budget positions.

In the situation you have mentioned, the GA contract never counted towards your cap at all. What has happened is, removing the GA player from your squad has pushed one of the other players into his off-budget slot. This is what has reduced your cap.

This is as mind-bending as it sounds so if I haven't explained it well, please say and I'll try and help out.

Hi Henry, thanks for the response! In other words the GA player himself isn't being included in the salary cap. However, now that he has returned from loan, they are pushing either an Academy Apprentice or Developmental player out of the 6 potential off-budget slots. This would certainly account for why the value increase is along the lines of the contract worth for those players. Surprisingly this part makes total sense to me as I follow MLS closely and, however crazy the rules are, they are starting to become second nature.

I'm still a bit confused as to why the GA player would not have been considered one of the 6 while out on loan since I loaned them to a feeder club (Montreal) and was therefore covering the salary 100%. Wouldn't this mean that the GA player had been one of the 6 the entire time?

Archived