SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You did say they finished second, so you will have Champions League. And you have room to manouver wage wise. Depends on weather you want to dedicate all your energies to qualifying Engalnd to the WC, or want more.

Yeah its a huge advantage that they finished in the Champions League spaces. It give me a lot of room for buidling.

I have delayed it for a week to think about it.

Looks like England might need your full attention at the minute!

Yeah its been annoying the last 2 games. The quality of the regens coming through the English ranks is appauling so Im finding that part of it a struggle.

Im not sure if I want to manage in Italy. Ive gone to click accept twice now but then stop myself.

sad you quit liverpool but the picked quite the replacement i remember Matias Almeida was the second best manager of all time in one of my saves

i wouldn't sign for fiorentina yet, focus on the england job and see how the world cup goes

you will easily get a job since you had such a career so far

Fantastic way to sign off at Liverpool :thup: Although England looks like going horribly wrong :(

I'd take the Fiorentina job; just don't go punching too many of the players! ;)

We have four fixtures remaining. Albania (h), Faroe Islands (h), Lithuania (a) and Georgia (a). We should make the play-off's but I will still be unhappy with it.

I have delayed the Fiorentina decision again for another week. Im a little up in air about it.

sad you quit liverpool but the picked quite the replacement i remember Matias Almeida was the second best manager of all time in one of my saves

i wouldn't sign for fiorentina yet, focus on the england job and see how the world cup goes

you will easily get a job since you had such a career so far

Yeah he seems to have had a decent stint at Palermo so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I personally would have done it 'boot room' style and promoted Steven Gerrard into the post with Jamie Carragher as his assistant. Games eh!!!

Finally! Well done Dortmund.

Fanastic stuff with Liverpool Boss, great read as well!

Boss. I like it.

You should get a statue!

Comment of the day :cool:.

My Trophy Haul at Liverpool

English Premier League x7: 2020/21, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2026/27, 2027/28, 2028/29

FA Cup x3: 2020/21, 2023/24, 2025/26

League Cup x3: 2023/24, 2024/25, 2028/29

Community Shield x6: 2021, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027

Champions League x2: 2023/24, 2026/27

UEFA Super Cup x2: 2024, 2027

World Club Championship x1: 2027

Well Fiorentina decided to look elsewhere, but I have just received these two:

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-27.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-15.png

Two decent offers. Now do I want to return to Turkey or go to Germany where I said I would only manage Hoffenheim? I could also reject both.

It would be an interesting challenge to see how far you could take a Turkish side in Europe
I would take GS, but as a Galatasaray supporter myself that's quite a biased opinion ;).

Interestingly at 17:00, they play Fenerbahce to decide the title, what timing eh?

Galatasary would tempt me.................

We shall see what I have decided in a moment ;).

200px-Galatasaray_Sports_Club_Logo.png

SRL88's Career - New Club Update - Galatasaray SK

Name: Galatasaray SK

Nickname: Cim Bom

Stadium: Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleksi Turk Telekom Arena (52,695 all-seater)

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-16.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-28.png

So its been under 6 weeks since I stepped down as manager of Liverpool Football Club and I am back in club management, and back in the country where it all began for me. I have joined the club on a 4 year contract and I am really looking forward to managing in Turkey again. I really enjoyed my first stint in this country and I cant wait to get stuck into something new.

Board Expectations:

Turkish Premier League: Win it

Turkish Cup: Be competitive

Champions League: Reach the group stage

My Expectations:

Turkish Premier League: Challenge for the title

Turkish Cup: I would love a trophy in my first season

Champions League: If I can get through the grpup I will be chuffed

Budgets:

Transfer: £25m

Wage: £1,571,929 (Currently spending £1,093,339)

Balance: £38,583,234

Squad:

I have brought Steven Gerrard with me and he is now my assistant so these are his ratings. They served me well at Liverpool and I am sure they will here. The squad looks pretty good I must say.

Key Player(s):

Oumar Keita - I actually tried to sign him when I was at Liverpool so its nice to have the chance to work with him now.

Andres Paradiso - Physical stats :cool:.

Miguel Angel Bone - I really like the look of this guy. He looks a really solid player for this level.

Hristo Simeonov - He looks like a very good lone striker and will most likely be the main source of goals.

I would go to Galatasaray.
Go to GS! Finish what I couldn't finish...a Champions League title... :(

I would actually write 'Good luck' more, going from a club (and ownership) I dislike to a club I really grown to like due to FM. :D

I think I have answered all questions :D.

Yaay! Look forward to seeing you bring GS some trophies, looks like you need to trim the squad though, too many foreigners.

I will take your advice on board Sir ;). I will be replacing a few people though.

did cardiff get taken over?

Yeah they did. After the last game of the season they sacked Temur Ketsbaia and replaced him with Alex Schalk. They are listed as 'rich' and have so far spent £4.5m in the transfer window. I expect that to rise though.

Nice pick! My only experience related to Galatasaray is one of their former players, Faryd Mondragon played for my home team last year. Great player and extremely nice guy. Good luck in turkey and don't forget the gravy!

Nice pick! My only experience related to Galatasaray is one of their former players, Faryd Mondragon played for my home team last year. Great player and extremely nice guy. Good luck in turkey and don't forget the gravy!

I promise I wont forget :D.

I had never managed in Turkey before this career and I enjoyed my time with Kirklareli Spor so this should be good.

Well Galatasaray have just been crowned league champions after a 0-0 draw with Fenerbahce today, hopefully you can follow suit!

I will try my best :D.

A very unexpected move! Dominating England with one of the world's great clubs to the Turkish league with a club that's still great in its own way but not on Liverpool's level.

Still, I think it's a good move and certainly takes your save in a different direction. I'm on board as much as ever.

A very unexpected move! Dominating England with one of the world's great clubs to the Turkish league with a club that's still great in its own way but not on Liverpool's level.

Still, I think it's a good move and certainly takes your save in a different direction. I'm on board as much as ever.

I agree that they definitely arent on Liverpool's level on any way, and I dont expect this to be a long term stay, but I really am looking forward to this. Its going to be nice going into Europe especially being the underdogs and springing a few surprises hopefully.

Going to Turkey! A very interesting move but one that should be rewarding :) Congrats!
Good luck with your new club :)

Cheers lads :).

Since taking charge at Anfield, I have tossed my workload between managing Liverpool, Argentina and England and I now feel that I would like to focus my attention on one challenge. I am currently the manager of the England national team and I with the 2030 World Cup coming up next year I feel that I would like to solely focus on England's qualification for the tournament. I feel worn out with the constant hustle and bustle of club management as well as international management and feel that I need to recharge myself. I wish to spend time with my family as they have been fully supportive throughout my career, and I now feel that it is time for me to devote some attention to them.

This paragraph was one big lie!! :mad:

This paragraph was one big lie!! :mad:

Well I would agree with you, but when I received the offers from Fiorentina, Wolfsburg and Galatasaray, I sat down with my family and discussed the options. The deciding factor for me was the fact that my family loved the two years we spent in Turkey and overall, it was them who tempted me back into club management so quick. I was ready for a break from it, but they were so hell bent on me getting back into it and moving back to Turkey that I had to take the opportunity.

best of luck with Galatasaray

Looks like Paradiso's crossing and Bone's first touch passes could make Simeonov into a real goalscoring machine

Lets hope that I can get the best out of each of them :thup:.

Well I would agree with you, but when I received the offers from Fiorentina, Wolfsburg and Galatasaray, I sat down with my family and discussed the options. The deciding factor for me was the fact that my family loved the two years we spent in Turkey and overall, it was them who tempted me back into club management so quick. I was ready for a break from it, but they were so hell bent on me getting back into it and moving back to Turkey that I had to take the opportunity.

:D

Fair play haha, no further questions your honour.

:D

Fair play haha, no further questions your honour.

I had to think of something inventive ;).

I see the CL going to Turkey in the nest 3 years....

Thanks for the pressure :thup:.

Great move, don't get me wrong this thread was very good when you were at Liverpool but this move brings a much higher level of interest from me. I am looking forward to it because I have Turkey loaded on my save and would love to end up there at some point, good luck!

200px-Galatasaray_Sports_Club_Logo.png

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2029/30 - Galatasaray SK

Friendlies

GalatasaraySKFixtures_Fixtures.png

A pretty solid pre-season for us, and yes, I did set up a friendly against Liverpool :D. This wasnt really about results or even performances to an extent, it was more about the players getting used to my tactics.

Champions League Qualifying Rounds

GalatasaraySKFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

First time I have ever seen these stages in the Champions League. We came through both rounds in comfortable fashion. Much like our friendlies, the players were still getting used to my tactics but overall we played really well. The way I have us playing makes us a lot more solid at the back whilst also inflicting damage going forward. It will take time, but we will get there. Still, we're into the group stages which is one of the board's objectives for the season out the way.

I have spent quite a bit of money, especially for a Turkish club. I have had to try and rebuild an ageing squad as well as one with way to many foreign players in....and the quality of Turkish players around isnt exactly hard so its been a little difficult.

Ethmen Ozmen who is the first player on the list was signed prior to me joining the club so he isnt my signing.

Alejandro Saavedra - £3.5m - Although he classes as a foreign player I couldnt pass up this opportunity. He is a class act.

Diego Azil - Free - Another foreign player, but for a free transfer I couldnt pass this up.

Diego Biscay - £1.5m - A quality looking player. Should prove to be a right bargain.

Erdem Soyatik - £3.5m - Signed from our feeder club Bucaspor. A very young player who has his whole career ahead of him. Brilliant signing.

Ismail Ersoy - £4m - Im not sure if this will turn out to be a good signing, but we needed a Turkish player and he was available.

Senol Yalcin - £3.8m - Despite being German, he actually classes as a Turkish player. Really looking forward to seeing his development over the next few seasons.

Umit Kargin - £8.25m - My biggest signing. Born in Turkey but took up the option to play for Germany. Looks a quality centre back.

Yuksel Gurses - Loan - Brought in to add depth to the squad and because he classes as home grown.

Transfers - Out 1 - Transfers - Out 2

A lot of players have left the club this summer but they are all the dead wood and crap who had to leave. All the players who have left on loan are players I tried to sell but no one wanted them which is a little annoying. At least they are off the wage bill though.

Great move, don't get me wrong this thread was very good when you were at Liverpool but this move brings a much higher level of interest from me. I am looking forward to it because I have Turkey loaded on my save and would love to end up there at some point, good luck!

Thanks...I think ;) ha.

Yeah it is an interesting move and one I am pleased with. Although I could have probably stayed at Liverpool for another few seasons but I achieved what I wanted to achieve and it was time to move on. Fiorentina was probably the best offer of the three I had but I wasnt feeling it. The Galatasaray offer really stood out to me.

757523com320pxuefa.png

Group Stage Draw

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-10.png

A decent draw in all honesty. We should be able to put up a decent fight against Bayern, especially at home. I also think we will have to much for both Rangers and Leuven.

Other Groups

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-2-4.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-4-3.png

My computer has just crashed so I have to go back to before the second leg against Auxerre which means IF we qualify, the Champions League Groups will change so dont take notice of them and I will edit things as they happen.

Not bad at all against your mighty Liverpool.

Yeah I was pretty pleased. We matched them throughout the game.

Edited in the Champions League result against Auxerre and also the Group Stages. I guess that a game crashing can have a positive outcome :lol:.

Archived