SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

Another fantastic end to the season :thup:

I'm a little surprised to see you sign another long term contract, as you've now got a very dominant side. But then I suppose you do have a goal in mind, and it would be good to see you flatten Utd's record! ;)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another fantastic end to the season :thup:

I'm a little surprised to see you sign another long term contract, as you've now got a very dominant side. But then I suppose you do have a goal in mind, and it would be good to see you flatten Utd's record! ;)

Cheers AK :).

I think it depends what goes on as to whether or not I see out the five years. Obviously it might take me all 5 to surpass United's record but I dont think it will. It looks like it is now a Liverpool/Man City top 2 based off the last couple of seasons. The rest dont seem to be able to keep up at all.

If we get to 26 before the end of my 5 year contract I will probably resign having achieved my goal which I first set myself. I would kind of like to complete 10 years at the helm as well which is only 3 years off.

What do you reckon your next move will be? Or is it just a case of play it by ear?

Where exactly I am not sure, but it will definitely be abroard. I want to manage Hoffenheim and they would be the only German club I would manage so with them I guess its a case of right place at the right time.

I would love to have a crack in Spain. The league looks to be dominated by the two Madrid clubs and Barca at the minute so to manage a club outside those three would be a very fresh challenge. Italy is also a possibility, but I am not sure about that one entirely.

Definitely think I will end up in either North or South America though!!!

Good luck in getting Liverpool back on top of Man United! Sad to see Blackpool get relegated though :(

I would expect Blackpool to come back up. I have updates ready up until the start of December...its just writing them up and posting, but they have been flying so far this season.

Congrats on the Champions League and Premier League :cool: No doubt you'll catch Man Utd's record :)

Cheers fella :thup:.

Looking at Chris Ord there, and I think you should give him another year or two. His physical attributes are all still pretty good and I bet he hasn't lost his eye for goal.

I am hoping to give him at least another 2 seasons. I agree with you on everything, but his wage demands for a 32yo are pretty high. He is wanting £300k+ p/w so I am hoping he will drop these demands as the season goes on.

Your awesome!"!

Why thank you kind sir :).

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2027/28 - Liverpool FC

Friendlies

liverpoolfixturesfixturo.png

See what happens when you allow your assistant to take charge of games? Goddddddddddd!! I allowed Steven Gerrard to manage the side in our first three friendlies and as the results show we were pretty shocking, especially the 6-1 thumping at home to PSV. I returned for the remaining three fixutres and obviously my prescence was felt as we won each game comfortably.

Community Shield

liverpoolfixturesfixturf.png

As comfortably as the scoreline looks to be honest. A 3-1 win see's us lift the Community Shield for the 5th season running.

A few new arrivals in the summer with one big money arrival. Lets take a look at them.....

Roland Koffi - £2.3m - Signed after an excellent season for Danish side Lyngby so I thought he deserved a chance at a higher level. Can play in numerous positions.

Giuseppe Valletta - £6.5m - An excellent looking young goalkeeper. He looks like he has a bright future ahead of him.

Jens Kiefer - Free - A free transfer from Stuttgart. A one for the future but could easily walk into the side right now.

Karsten Olesen - Free - Another signing from Lyngby. He will spend his first few seasons out on loan to gain experience.

Jalal Sakim - £3.5m - Signed from Arsenal and could be a key player in the future. Has a lot of potential.

Jose Leiva - £48m - The big money signing and an excellent one as well. A player I managed when in charge of Argentina so I know his qualities. Cant wait to unleash him.

Moein Bakhshizadeh - I havent actually signed this guy yet but I have signed him to a pre-contract and he will be joining us on a free transfer on the 1st January 2028.

Tranfers - Out

A fair few departures over the summer. Nottingham Forest certainly raided us but we made some good money during the transfer window. The sales of Sammy Black and 33yo Stjepan Anicic brought in good money but I was really pleased with the sale of Stefan Smits who I had high hopes for but he didnt perform in the two seasons I had him.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - August 2027 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturo.png

englishpremierdivisionou.png

A solid start to the season but not as easy as I expected. We made hard work of things against Middlesbrough and it took a late Chris Ord goal to give us a win on the opening day. We travelled to Ewood Park the following week and two fantastic second half goals gave us all three points as we started with a 100% record in the opening month of the season.

UEFA Super Cup

liverpoolfixturesfixturs.png

Another trophy wrapped up in the early stages of the season. We breezed past Europa League winners Anji with a 3-0 win.

757523com320pxuefa.png

Group Stage Draw

europeanchampionscupoveg.png

Could be worse, could be better I suppose. It isnt the easiest of groups as all three teams will provide us with stern tests but I am pretty sure we can qualify from this group and we should be looking to as defending champions.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - September 2027 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png

englishpremierdivisionon.png

A very solid month considering the opponents we had. We started with a solid win over Wolves before a tricky trip to The Emirates. Celio was the start of the show as he continued his impressive start to the season with a brace to give us a 2-1 win. We fell behind against Man City but fought on and scored mid-way through the second half and should have gone on to grab the winner but the game fizzled out without much action. Chelsea should have been three easy points based off the flow of the game. We destroyed them. We went 1-0 up inside 10 minutes and battered them from pillar to post but just couldnt find a second goal. We were made to pay for our missed chances as they scored an injury time goal with just their third shot at goal to grab a point.

September 2027 - Continued

League Cup 3rd Round

liverpoolfixturesfixturr.png

An easy win over League Two side Plymouth with Roland Koffi grabbing his first goals for the club with a hat-trick. The win gives us a pretty easy task against Stockport in the 4th Round.

Champions League

liverpoolfixturesfixturv.png

europeanchampionscupoveq.png

Mixed is the best way to describe our start in Europe. We really struggled against PSG and they grabbed a deserved win with a late goal. That looked to dent our confidence a little and it showed against Feyenoord. Despite finding ourselves 2-0 up at half time, the Dutch side battled back in the second half and levelled things in the final 10 minutes. Luck was on our side however as we broke from a Feyenoord corner in stoppage time and our quick attack resulted in Chris Ord tapping in the winner for us.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - October 2027 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturd.png

englishpremierdivisionoj.png

Our fine start to the season continued four very good wins in October. We started with a hard fought 2-1 win over Newcastle away from home thanks to a late Sergio Diaz header. We went into the game against Leicester level on points and both unbeaten but boy did we show who the big boys were. We put in our best performance of the season to destroy a very good Leicester side 4-1 win. Chris Ord was in sublime form against Swansea before we rounded the month off with a fine 5-1 win over Stoke City.

October 2027 - Continued

League Cup

liverpoolfixturesfixtury.png

An easy 4-0 win over Stockport see's us march into the League Cup Quater-Final where we will face Sheff Utd.

Champions League

liverpoolfixturesfixturz.png

europeanchampionscupovef.png

A very good win in Portugal keeps us in contention for qualification as we kept pace with PSG who have made a fantastic start to their campaign in Europe.

motmbg.png

Doesnt come as a surprise really.

stevenlongstaffnewsinboc.png

Following their failure to reach Euro 2028 I was offered the Russia job but I am not interested in returning to International Management just yet.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - November 2027 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionoi.png

Im pretty annoyed with the Villa result but otherwise its a solid month and we remain unbeaten after 13 games. I rested a fair few players during the month and that meant we had to battle for wins, none more so than against Huddersfield. Despite finding ourselves 2-0 up, we threw away a sloppy goal with 5 minutes remaining but hung on for three points. We had to come from behind twice against Aston Villa to claim a 2-2 draw, a result which really annoyed me. It was back to business as usual against WBA thanks to Nick Power and Fuska who gave us a comfortable 2-0 win.

November 2027 - Continued

liverpoolfixturesfixturz.png

europeanchampionscupoveg.png

A fine win over Benfica was followed by a frustrating draw away to PSG which means we can no longer finish top of the group. We really took the game to them, hitting the woodwork numerous times, but luck wasnt on our side and we had to settle for a draw.

Flying away this season.

Yeah we have started really well.

Haha that is brilliant! Never been in a save long enough to see that!

It's been a very good start the season, and it's great to see Christopher Ord going so well!

Damn you tomtuck for ruining my perfectly planned out posting with your disruption :p haha. Its ok though :D.

I do love that screenshot and it just had to be posted.

Chris Ord has been brilliant. I just wish he would lower his wage demands :(.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - December 2027 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionoe.png

Four fine wins in December in what was a very clustered month for us which made it even happier for me. We flew out the blocks with an excellent win over Spurs. We had a long wait for our next fixture but came back from the World Club Championships in style with a fine 3-0 win over West Ham. We followed this up with a battling performance over Sunderland before blitzing Nottingham Forest. Although three points off the pace, we do have two games in hand and I am very optomistic going forward.

League Cup Quater-Final

Well we made hard work of it but finally grabbed a deserved win when Nick Power, erm, powered one in during the second half. Excuse the pun!!! This set up a game against Newcastle in the Semi-Final.

December 2027 - Continued

World Club Championship

liverpoolfixturesfixturp.png

I learnt from my lessons in our previous attempt at this competition and we managed to lift the World Club Championship this time around. We breezed past Al-Ittihad with a comfortable 4-0 win. Despite the tight scoreline against Gremio and the fact that we had to rely on penalties, they were never in the game and we should have been out of sight. Either way, we still beat them to lift yet another trophy.

Champions League

liverpoolfixturesfixtury.png

europeanchampionscupovef.png

An easy win over Feyenoord in our final group game but second place still isnt good enough. Our 'reward' see's us drawn against Spanish giants Real Madrid in the First Knockout Round.

Absolutely brilliant effort in December considering how many matches you had to play, I was a little worried to see City in first before I realised you had two games in hand :lol: Congratulations on achieving legend status at Liverpool too, where do you sit in the managerial Hall of Fame?

That's just not on! After what I did with Swansea I was only an "Icon", not a legend! :(

They obviously recognise my qualities better than yours.

Congrats on the legend status! It's definitely more difficult to get.

Cheers fella.

Looking good in all competitions, maybe a 7 cup haul this season? ;)

You will see in a January/February update.

Absolutely brilliant effort in December considering how many matches you had to play, I was a little worried to see City in first before I realised you had two games in hand :lol: Congratulations on achieving legend status at Liverpool too, where do you sit in the managerial Hall of Fame?

Continent

Nation

Nationality

There you go fella. Ignore my name being on it twice because that is from a save I had with Hoffenheim.

just caught up with the thread in the last few hours and i must admit its fantastic

i can't remember when something made me wanna play FM more then this thread did

keep up the awesome work

Cheers mate. I really appreciate your comment so thank you.

Unbeaten in the league,World Club Cup winners and Legendary status at Liverpool.Well played :thup:

Cheers B.W.G. Hopefully I can further add to that in the coming months.

Asides from the PSG defeat, it's all going swimmingly so far!

You'll have a stand named after you soon!

I should ask for a new stadium and it will be named after me.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - January & February 2028 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturm.png

englishpremierdivisionoj.png

Two brilliant months for us to put us firmly in control of the league and remain unbeaten. We started with a thumping 5-0 win over Blackburn. We struggled a bit against Wolves and had to battle for a draw but we hit some unbelievable form afterwards. We went to Middlesbrough in our next game and battered them 5-0 before destroying Arsenal 6-1.

Our next game at the start of February was a trip to The Etihad. We went there just 2pts ahead of Man City and I knew we needed at least a draw but boy did it turn out differently We found ourselves level at 2-2, but a certain Chris Ord popped up late into stoppage time to score the winner as we grabbed a huge 3-2 victory. Another high scoring game against Chelsea as we boosted our goal difference with yet another 5-0 win. We conceded late against Man Utd to deny us victory before two fine wins over Newcastle and Everton. Despite a 0-0 draw in our final game against Swansea we find ourselves a whopping 10pts clear of Man City going into the final few months of the season.

FA Cup 3rd and 4th Rounds

liverpoolfixturesfixturv.png

We comfortably beat Colchester in the 3rd Round, but we were bullied at home to Championship side Birmingham as they grabbed a shock win at Anfield. In a week-end which provided a few surprises, the biggest coming at Goodison Park and Old Trafford.

January & February 2028 - Continued

League Cup Semi-Final

We exit the League Cup at the Semi-Final stage this year. We were shocking in the first leg and deserved to be beat. I knew in the second leg we had to go for it and we nearly did it. We raced into a 3-0 lead in the first half, levelling things on aggregate. In the second half we grabbed that fourth goal which would have sent us through, but after making a few defensive changes they scored deep into injury time and that really seemed to rattle us. We couldnt regroup in extra time and we just let the game fizzle out as we exited the competition.

Champions League First Knockout Round 1st Leg

liverpoolfixturesfixturm.png

A big win in the first leg for us. We battered Real Madrid from pillar to post but couldnt find a goal....but deep into stoppage time Ganso popped up to give us a 1-0 win to take into the second leg.

A couple of signings for us in January. Lets take a look....

Moein Bakhshizadeh - Free - A free transfer brought in and looks a quality goalkeeper.

Predrag Cosic - £2.5m - A very bright prospect for the future. Should be an excellent signing.

January Signings - Out

A couple of departures as well during January, with us selling 33yo Hernan Ojeda to At.Madrid for £13m.

And probably another title soon.

Fingers crossed, but we are well on the way to it.

Why are Wolves and leicester playing so well ?

Leicester have been in the Premiership since the 2012/13 season and have played consistantly well in each season.

As for Wolves, they won the League Cup a few seasons ago and because they got into Europe it looks like players are more tempted to join them so their squad is improving all round. Plus, Arsenal and Chelsea have pretty shocking squads now.

Looks like this title is almost in hand, good work!

Cheers fella :thup:.

Nice wins against Real Madrid :) Will make the 2nd leg easier.

One would hope. If only we had pulled our fingers out in the group stage and done better against PSG over the two games.

Your still going strong!

How's Leiva going? 48M is a lot of money. :D

Cheers :thup:.

Leiva is doing pretty good now. He took his time to settle in which probably hasnt been helped that I like to rotate the squad, but he started to up his performances in January and has been pretty consistant since.

Nottingham Forest :cool:.

Yeah they have had a good season so far. I put that down to the fact that they raided my squad in the summer :D. If you look in my pre-season for Transfers Out it shows who they signed.

Cruising towards that record-breaking title. 18 pages of absorbing brilliance. Keep going! I'd like to see where you end up if you ever do leave Anfield.

Yeah we should win it to be honest. Im confident but I would love to remain unbeaten.

In an odd way, Im quite looking forward to leaving Liverpool because I want to move abroad again. Cant wait for that challenge.,

Archived