SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unlucky with the World Cup, no shame in going out to Germany in any competition!

Yeah we had a really good tournament. Its just a shame it ended in the Semi-Final.

757523com320pxuefa.png

Group Stage Draw

europeanchampionscupovei.png

Hmmmmmmm....could be better!!! Young Boys will be an easy 3pts but I am not looking forward to the trip to Russia or the double header against oil rich At.Madrid. They will provide very tough opposition as we will once again have a battle on our hands to finish top of the group.

Nothing to do with the Suarez thing or even being a Man Utd player in general. I personally just dont like him. He has one of them looks on a football pitch similar to Ashley Cole (although not as bad) in which he looks arrogant and has one of them faces I would just love to punch. I dont like his attitude overall I would say!!!

Fair enough! I don't get that impression of him really, but then I don't watch a lot of Man Utd really. It's funny how your opinion of a player can be coloured by relatively few incidents, though. I used to like Van Persie until the game at the Emirates against us a month or so ago, having a go at Krul for relatively mild time-wasting and then getting in his face at the end when they fluked a goal/Simpson couldn't be bothered to track back.

Fair enough! I don't get that impression of him really, but then I don't watch a lot of Man Utd really. It's funny how your opinion of a player can be coloured by relatively few incidents, though. I used to like Van Persie until the game at the Emirates against us a month or so ago, having a go at Krul for relatively mild time-wasting and then getting in his face at the end when they fluked a goal/Simpson couldn't be bothered to track back.

Yeah I know what you mean. I lose respect for certain people after different things. Although I think Gigg's is a quality footballer, I have lost all respect for him.

your new signing Nick Power's physicals :O !!! good buy

He's got the power!!!

Shame to see Davidson leave but you were right as it is an offer you can't refuse but Power looks like he will be something special.

Was the right decision to make for the club.

Good decision on the selling of Davidson and buying Power.

Ireland represent in the Group Stages!

Cheers :thup:.

There are some really good groups as well. Not one that I would really say I would rather be in that one.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - August 2026 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturj.png

englishpremierdivisionoo.png

A pretty decent start to the season for us. Obviously Im not happy with the Man Utd result because as a Liverpool fan, and Manager Im not going to be....but six points from the first three games, two of which are very tough opponents and also a Wolves side which has strengthened massively thanks to their League Cup win last season is a decent return. Our quality showed against Wolves & Spurs as we ripped them apart, but in the case of the later we struggled infront of goal, but guess who pulled one out the hat with a sublime finish. We were shocking in the first half against United which was our downfall. We conceded twice in the first half and we looked shellshocked. Nothing of note really happened in the second half but we improved. It just happened to be United's day.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - September 2026 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png

englishpremierdivisionof.png

A fantastic month for us as we boast a 100% record. We havent set the world alight infront of goal as of yet this season but we are grinding out results without hitting top gear to help us keep pace with Man City. We put in a brilliant display at WBA to win 3-0, with Ganso and an own goal putting us in control in the first half. A second half header from Sergio Diaz sealed the win. Against Newcastle we took the lead early and had to settle for a 1-0 win, but it was enough for another 3pts. West Ham put up a stern test as we really had to work hard for our 3pts. Despite being the better team they defended well, but Jorge Galan grabbed his first goal for the club as we picked up another 3pts and our fantastic month saw me grab the Manager of the Month Award.

League Cup 3rd Round

A shocking defeat and one which Im left scratching my head in thinking how?? We dominated, absolutely dominated. They had one shot at goal all game and it went in. How it even went to extra time is beyond me, nevermind losing. A one which I would like to forget quickly.

September 2026 - Continued

Champions League

liverpoolfixturesfixturr.png

europeanchampionscupoveb.png

A brilliant start to our European campaign as we take a maximum points from our opening two game. We started with a hard fought win over At.Madrid. We were looking comfortable at 2-0 but they pulled one back with 30 minutes to go to make for a nervy last half hour, but we hit them on the counter with 10 minutes to go to grab a big 3-1 win. In Switzerland we walked past Young Boys with a nice win to take us into the double header with our feeder club Zenit in buyont mood.

Shame about Davidson he looks an unreal player but Power looks like a potential world-beater

Davidson, although he looks quality was average really. He put in good shifts, but his goal/assist to game ratio wasnt great. Power has already started better than him.....similar to how Danny Cousin's has been for me over the years.

Controversal regarding the Davidson/Power deals.

Controversal?

Looks like the Davidson sell will work out well! That's a crazy lot of cash for him!

One of the better deals I have done. Signed for £29.5m a couple of year ago, played alright but not spectacular and then sold for £42m straight cash :cool:.

Hi

Just to let you all know that I know I havent had a reply up in the last couple of days but I have been extremely busy. I have updates ready but I have just gone back to work and also have loads of assignments to hand in for my Teaching degree and I am moving in a couple of weeks so I will be updating as and when I can...but my interest in this save remains as high as ever.

Cheers for your patience :thup:.

Looking forward to the next update, fella.
Take your time dude, real life comes first :thup:

Cheers lads!!! Hoping to get back into the swing of things soon.

What Snake said. You planning to teach annoying children in elementary school or uncontrollable teens (the reason why I decided not to pursue teaching myself haha) in high school? :lol:

High School/Comprehensive School, which ever you wish. 11-16yo's anyway and I am training to teach PE.

Real life obviously comes before FM, looking forward to when you get posting again.

Im hoping to have a few updates up tonight.

This is a disappointing attitude. I expect full commitment and am not at all impressed, SRL88! ;)

Its because of the quality you're used to!!!

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - October 2026 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturs.png

englishpremierdivisiono.png

A really good month for us as we took maximum points from our four games to keep the heat on Man City at the top of the table. We started with a hard fought win over Stoke thanks to a Chris Ord strike. We went to The Liberty in our next game and put in a very impressive display but had to rely on two late goals to give us the win. Against Blackburn & Everton we made hard work of things but our clinical streak infront of goal continued as we managed two big wins to end the month.

October 2026 - Continued

Champions League

liverpoolfixturesfixturh.png

A very solid result for us in Russia see's us remain unbeaten and top of our group. We put in an excellent display and really deserved three points, but you wont find me complaining about a solid away point.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - November 2026 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturt.png

englishpremierdivisionoo.png

A pretty solid November for us considering the opposition. We started with a solid 1-1 draw at home to Manchester City before a trip to the Emirates. Arsenal had a man sent off with the scoreline still at 0-0 and we really should have been looking to take advantage but it seemed to spur Arsenal on rather than ourselves. They scored just before half time, and despite our increased pressure in the second half it was a late goal which brought us level and saw us grab a point. We put a brilliant display in against Villa and won comfortably before finishing the month off with a nice 2-1 away to Sunderland.

November 2026 - Continued

Champions League

europeanchampionscupoven.png

A solid home win at home to Zenit saw us qualify from the group with two game to spare. We went to Spain in our next encounter and we were poor to be honest, but looking comfortable for a 0-0 draw but a joke of an own goal gave them the win really. A back pass wasnt controlled by Ojeda who allowed the ball to roll under his foot in a comedy moment. They scored a second in injury time to kill our chances and put themselves in pole position to qualify from the group.

All too familiar!

Cracking October, your league form was excellent. :thup:

Thought it might ha. Cheers as well :thup:. We put in some really strong performances during the month.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - December 2026 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionoe.png

What a bloody good month for us as we really take advantage in the Premier League. We started with an easy 3-0 win over Scunthorpe before a solid win away to Leicester. We went to Chelsea in our next game in what was a really tough encounter but managed to come away with a massive 2-1 win. We really had our work cut out in our next game against QPR as they put in a spirited display. We fell behind twice but really showed our spirit by coming from behind and grabbing a 3-2 win with just 8 minutes left on the clock. A comfortable win over Blackpool followed before we closed 2026 out with a fine win away to Wolves thanks to two Nick Power thunderbolts.

December 2026 - Continued

Champions League

europeanchampionscupovec.png

Just the 1-0 win over the Swiss side but it was a good runout for the youngsters and fringe players with the result never looking in doubt. The win saw us top the group after two years of not doing so and in the process gave us a draw against FC Porto in the First Knockout Round.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - January 2027 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturb.png

englishpremierdivisionoy.png

A brilliant start to 2027 for us with a great 3-1 win over our bitterest rivals. We deserved the win but were given a bit of a scare when they scored in the final 10 minutes, but we sealed it with an Augusto penalty just a few minutes later. We suffered just our second defeat of the season away to Spurs in a pretty poor display. This seemed to rattle us at home to WBA and we werent helped by the fact that we went down to 10 men early in the second half. We battled on and after having made all three injuries we were left with 9 men for the last 10 minutes.....but luckily our blushes were spaired thanks to an injury time winner as we stole victory from under West Brom's noses.

FA Cup 3rd and 4th Rounds

Two brilliant win's for us in the FA Cup but none more so than the result at Old Trafford. What a bloody win!!! It was an even game but our quality really showed and we came away with an excellent 4-1 win. This set up the game against Birmingham who we breezed past to set up a tie against Bristol City.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - February 2027 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionoq.png

A bit of a stuttering month for us as we lose group on Man City but we do have a game in hand. We started with a solid win over West Ham thanks to goals from Augusto and Fuska. We went to Newcastle in our next game and despite taking the lead we couldnt hold on and Newcastle levelled it late on to take a point. Away to Stoke we were utterly shocking. We deserved more than a 2-0 defeat and we got off lightly.

February 2027 - Continued

FA Cup 5th Round

liverpoolfixturesfixtury.png

A fine win over Bristol City see's us comfortably into the Quater-Final and set up a tie against Wolves.

Champions League First Knockout Round 1st Leg

liverpoolfixturesfixturo.png

A result which doesnt really bother me to be honest with the second leg still to come at Anfield. We werent at our best, but I feel that they didnt really trouble us and we should have enough to get past them.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - March 2027 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionof.png

A much better month for us as we finally started to turn some of our dominance into goals. We put four past Swansea before scoring another 10 goals in our next two games against Blackburn and a second 5-0 win over our rivals Everton with Celio being the star of the show with 6 goals over the three games. This also saw us close the gap on Man City in goal difference as well which will only help in the title run-in. We went to the City of Manchester next, with me knowing that we needed to come out of this with at least a point to give us a chance. We took the lead twice but threw it away almost instantly, but still, a 2-2 was a solid result to come away with.

Archived