SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enjoy Ord at his peak.

I think he between 2-4 seasons at his best and then he will start to decline. I still dont see me selling him though if I happen to be at Liverpool at that stage of his career.

Looks like the Argentinians are ready for the big stage...as always :)

Fingers crossed. I have found a system which suites us and we seem to play well with hit. I was really pleased with our latest results because my captain is out injured for 3 month and my two main full-backs are injured as well.

We still have another year of qualifiers to play, but we should breeze through it now.

I know it might seem completely irrelevant, but where was our good friend Mr. Ord born? I'm just curious.

He was born in Enfield but I like to think he has picked up a bit of a Scouse accent ;).

You know you've been away from threads when Georgia are 11th :eek:

We are nearly in 2025 :p. They have a few cracking players.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - November & December 2024 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png

englishpremierdivisionov.png

A really solid couple of months for us really with just one game which annoyed me and that was the draw with Wolves. That was in the middle of our sticky patch but we picked up form with impressive wins over QPR and Aston Villa before a frustrating home draw against Man Utd. They took the lead in under a minute but we came back strongly and dominated procedings after that. Chris Ord pulled us out of a sticky situation once again but we wernt able to take advantage of our dominance and grab a big win.

December started with a massive win over Chelsea. We didnt deserve it at all and it was a very smash and grab win. They were all over us and we got lucky but I wasnt complaining in the slightest as we stole a huge 1-0 win. Following a couple of weeks break (World Club Championship) we got back into the league action with the Merseyside Derby. In a pretty even and tense game we took the lead through Davidson but they struck back instantly. Nothing else really happened and we settled for a point. Our form picked up pace to end 2024 as we showed our clinical side with a massive 5-0 win over Sunderland before a reuturning Chris Ord (suspension) was the star of the show at West Ham as we rounded off the year with a 4-1 win to leave us 5pts behind Chelsea with 3 games in hand.

November & December 2024 - Continued

Champions League

liverpoolfixturesfixturv.png

europeanchampionscupoven.png

We ended the group strongly but Im still annoyed that we had a stinker of a group phase to finish second. We should have walked this group and I was exptecting it but we stuttered. PSV deployed a defensice formation to annoy the living daylights out of me as we couldnt break them down to give them the advantage in the group. We went to Belgrade and won a scrappy affair before finishing off in style against Bordeaux.

Our 'reward' for being pretty poor resulted in us drawn against AC Milan in what is probably the toughest draw we could get. Overall though, I think it is a very open Knockout Stage.

World Club Championship

A third place finish for us but it was all my fault. We matched Pumas but I played a lot of fringe/young players and it cost us. I took the full blame for the defeat as I should have played a stronger team. Never-the-less, we beat Santos to travel home on a happier note and Rob Wilson also received the Player of the Tournament Award.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - January 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturk.png

englishpremierdivisiono.png

I really couldnt have asked for a better month to be honest. We had a tough month with the amount fixtures we had to get through so to come through it with a 100% record is a solid effort. Chris Ord found himself in inspirational form in January with a hat-trick against Leicester before another three goals over two games against Blackpool. We find ourselves just behind Chelsea with three games, in a very promising position.

January 2025 - Continued

FA Cup 3rd Round

liverpoolfixturesfixturz.png

A pretty tough game against Bolton. They were the better side to be honest and it took us until the second half to get going. We scored after 60 minutes and when we did we took control and played the last half hour out in pretty comfortable fashion. We face yet another game against Cardiff in the 4th Round.

League Cup Quater & Semi-Final's

liverpoolfixturesfixtury.png

Cardiff, like Bolton gave us a tough game but we managed to get ourselves through that to set up a Semi-Final tie against Fulham. We breezed through the first leg and found ourselves 4-0 and then 5-1 up during the tie. The second leg I made numerous changes but we put in a very good disciplined display and the youngsters got a good 90 minutes under their belt and managed to come away with a 2-0 win. We will meet Swansea in the Final.

Milan should be quite a tie.

I am really looking forward to them actually. Im pretty confident and I expect a few suprises in the latter stages of the competition to.

Or Scunthorpe in the Premier League...

SRL88, when are heading to Hoffenheim...my interest in this thread would then increase tenfold. :lol:

This is actually their second spell in the Premier League having been there in 2016/17. I think they done better last season :p.

Im not sure regarding Hoffenheim. I love the club & they are my favourite save on FM ever!!! I wanted to eclipse Man Utd's title record with Liverpool but we shall see.

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - February 2025 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

argentinafixturesfixtur.png

worldcupsouthamericanqu.png

Just the one Qualifier for us and it was a tough one. We dominated the game but struggled to make the break through and it came late in the game from substitute Marcelo Chafer. We remain unbeaten and also stretch our lead at the top thanks to Colombia & Brazil's draw. Our next game is at home to Brazil in March.

Have just spent the last 2 days reading through your thread. Absolutely epic. Well done on the progress so far!!

Started a similar game myself last week, currently with Gold Coast United in Australia although some w*nker by the name of Harry Kewell just put 3 past me!!

Keep up the good work, you have a new follower

PS. Hoffenheim manager already under pressure in my game, I could put a word in for you?

Have just spent the last 2 days reading through your thread. Absolutely epic. Well done on the progress so far!!

Started a similar game myself last week, currently with Gold Coast United in Australia although some w*nker by the name of Harry Kewell just put 3 past me!!

Keep up the good work, you have a new follower

PS. Hoffenheim manager already under pressure in my game, I could put a word in for you?

Cheers mate. I appreciate the comment. If you have a thread going I will keep an eye out for it :thup:.

Im happy at Liverpool at the moment, but I fancy trying my luck abroad soon.

Haven't posted for a while and seems like you've moved several clubs since :) I can't really applaud you for your choice of club :D But, it looks like your doing a better job than King Kenny! Looks like you will wrap up qualification nice and easy with Argentina, keep up the good work :)

Think how I feel! Three clubs in two seasons, and now I'm into my fourth season at one club - I'm starting to get itchy feet!!!

Haha. You dont want a nosebleed now do you.

Those 2 signings look pretty good, Sinai looks a bit short! Good progress on both fronts though :thup:

So is Mascherano but he was fantastic for us :cool:.

Do you know who your games in hand are against? They will be crucial!

I think two of them are against Arsenal and Stoke. Not sure on the third to be honest.

Haven't posted for a while and seems like you've moved several clubs since :) I can't really applaud you for your choice of club :D But, it looks like your doing a better job than King Kenny! Looks like you will wrap up qualification nice and easy with Argentina, keep up the good work.

Cheers fella.

carlingcup2010300x300.jpg

Final

Road to Wembley

Liverpool

liverpoolfixturesfixturc.png

A straight forward path to Wembley for us but we made it harder than it actually was. Barnsley didnt put up to much of a fight but against Doncaster & Cardiff we made hard work of things. Fulham didnt put up to much of a fight and we reached our second League Cup Final in a row.

Swansea

swanseacityfixturesfixt.png

An equally safe passage for Swansea as well. Despite a couple of close results they were pretty comfortable really and then destroyed WBA over two legs in the Semi-Final. They return to the stadium where they lost in the Final just two seasons ago.

liverpoolvswanseainform.png

Summary

A really good win for us to lift our second League Cup in a row. We scored really early on to lift the roof off Wembley as Chris Ord smashed the ball home. We dominated for the remainder of the half but Swansea came into it in the second as the nerves started to settle in. As Swansea started to push men forward a bit more we took advantage and Rob Wilson scored with a lovely finish from 14 yards out to make things more comfortable for us. We saw the rest of the game out with no problems to win the League Cup.

2024/25 Youth Intake

Arjan de Haan - ★★★★ - Young centre half with a bag full of potential. We are really getting some strong defenders through the youth system now.

Greg Shearwood - ★★★ - Another decent striker coming through as well. Could make a good inside forward.

Derek Blackburn - ★★★ - Now this guy looks like a bit of quality. Really looking forward to his development.

Nice League Cup win. I wish I could get some decent youth intake like that...

The standard that has come through has been fantastic since the developments in the facilities has been quality.

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - March 2025 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

argentinafixturesfixtur.png

worldcupsouthamericanqu.png

So we suffer our first defeat of qualifying against our biggest rivals but Im not really that bothered to be honest. It was an even game but they nicked it and despite the defeat we are in a comfortable position and should qualify with ease.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - February & March 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturi.png

englishpremierdivisionoi.png

A great couple of months for us as we open up a nice gap at the top of the table having taken advantage of a few games in hand. Following a couple of annoying draws against Spurs & Blackburn but picked up pace from there onwards with two big wins over Arsenal & Stoke. In a fiesty affair against Wolves we scrapped a 2-1 win with an injury time winner. We played our three comfortable games to round of March and take a commanding lead in the title race.

FA Cup 4th Round, 5th Round & Quater-Final's

liverpoolfixturesfixturt.png

We got passed the three Championship clubs pretty comfortably with some nice wins. We seem to be meeting Cardiff on a regular occurance on in the cups and once again beat them. We had a tough battle against Birmingham but two second half goals set up a Quater-Final trip to the North East. We once again got passed our Championship opponents pretty comprehensively to set up a tie against Arsenal in a pretty tough Semi-Final.

February & March 2025 - Continued

League Cup Final

Yet another Final and yet another trophy lifted. We dominated the first half and took a 1-0 lead into the break. Swansea gave us a tougher second half but we were in control really and won the League Cup for the second year in a row.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round

liverpoolfixturesfixturs.png

A pretty annying early exit in the competition for us, especially when I thought we could have gone on to win it if we got through this tie. We destroyed them in the first leg and we made a load of changes due to injuries/suspensions but we had all the big guns back for the return leg so I was confident. We didnt turn up in the first half and that was our downfall. We found ourselves 2-0 down at the break and we seemed deflated for the second half. We had chances but it wasnt good enough as Milan booked their place in the Quater-Final.

The Iron beat the Irons. How Ironic.

Imagine the scenes at Glanford Park!

Bouncing I can imagine :cool:.

Corking couple of months in the league, March especially.

I think the Champioms League is just unfortunate, one of those things can happen. It's nothing to worry about this season.

Yeah it put us in a fantastic position for the title.

Oi!!!:mad:

:D.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - April 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionou.png

Well we are nearly there!!! We started April off win a 1-0 win over Aston Villa, a game which we struggled in. It was a typical game which looked like the nerves would get to us but we managed to keep it together and battle for a 1-0 win. I made numerous changes for Scunthorpe game expecting victory and it didnt look that way at hal time when we went in level but in the second half we took control and our class showed as we grabbed a 3-0 win.

We suffered our first defeat of the season at Old Trafford. We wernt exactly on top of our game but it was a 92nd minute goal that defeated us. We bounced back in style however in what was a very tough trip to the Emirates (just days after our FA Cup Semi-Final tie against them) and we managed to grab a late winner to put us a step closer to the title with a 3-2 win. In a battle of the top 2 at Anfield we put ourselves on the brink of the title following a 3-1 win over Chelsea.

FA Cup Semi-Final

A disappointing exit in the FA Cup, especially so far into the tournament. It just wssnt our day to be honest as Arsenal dominated most of the game but the last 20 minutes was all Liverpool. Sadly however we couldnt find the goal to get us back into the game.

Archived