dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I congratule tapwater on his/her exemplary post? The number in the title helps me so much, and makes my job a lot easier. Thanks tapwater, and many congratulations on being the 10th promoted side in the challenge this year!

no worry :) glad it help. anyway thanks for maintaining such a thread :applause:

Fuska is a hell of a player for that level. Where did you find him? I'm guessing he has dual-nationality but he looks like a CCC potential player. Great work.

He appeared to my scout as another team in BSP tried to trial him, i saw it and went for the sign! France and Brazil

Just played one game of the BSP - won 5-0 - top of the table - Fair enough it was against the BSS promoted by playoffs team Bromley. But start how you mean to go on and all that.

However one of my best new signings got injured for 3-4 weeks :( grrr

Can I congratule tapwater on his/her exemplary post? The number in the title helps me so much, and makes my job a lot easier. Thanks tapwater, and many congratulations on being the 10th promoted side in the challenge this year!

I had the number in the title first :) Makes sense to aid in what way we can in the hard job of updating. Great work GreyedOutMan :applause:

Like I just said before, drawing is a special attribute of ours. I suppose it makes each game somewhat exciting when a goal goes in... We just played Eastbourne who sit at the top of the league and drew 3v3.

We were 2v0 down come the 52nd minute prior to our comeback with Kelly and Powell scoring in the 64th and 80th minute respectively, even after Chaffey had to leave the pitch on 77 and put us down to ten men. I thought that would be it for the game, another 2v2 draw only for them to score in the 84th minute. But there's no stopping us, even with ten men and minutes to spare as Field struck the back of the net on the 3rd minute of extra time.

The worst thing about this enjoyable game was that whilst a nice salvaged point, we could have won when Powell got the chance to score on the 39th minute from the spot. But no, he spooned it. Story of my life.

Just had one of my favourite matches in FM12.

Always complaining about how we are the better team and also how we never get late goals.......wellll.........

burytownvtamworthinform.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We were the better team....we won....and 2 late goals :) - PS: I take the credit as i changed to attacking mentality on the 80th minute after bringing on Baseya on the 69th minute (Was too tired to start)

4th in L2 Gillingham in 1st round for me.

Was 4 days after a league match and currently doing well in league so decided to rest key players and give playing time to those who needed it. Ended up losing and then the game gets moved 2 weeks back :mad:

What a result :D

D7ECE8A24C98DDA64375EEFA449F20C67DC52B3D

Next up Notts County who are currently 5th in L1

#37 - Northwich Victoria - Blue Square North - Season 1 - 2012/13

200px-Northwich.png

Blue Square South - 1st

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - Runner Up

Squad

A brilliantly tense and exciting season culminates in us finishing 1st, 4 points clear of Worcester. My backroom staff recommendations were crucial, as the team more or less ended up full of their recommendations, all being good or leading BSP players, with L2 to L1 potential. Hopefully, they will be on hand next season to give me even more awesome players.

Was rumored to be the favourite to take the Exeter job. No thanks.

We enjoyed a nice little run in the FA Cup, only losing out to L2 Champions Torquay 2 - 0.

Gutted about the FA Trophy. We blitzed our way into the final, beating BSP opposition 3 times. The final against dover was a tense affair, with extra time ending with us at 0 - 0. They went on to win 5 - 3 on penalties. Oh well, maybe next season.......

Transfers

Huge turnover of the squad, with a couple of early arrivers actually leaving later on in the season.

Key Players

Harry Bunn - Our top scorer with 29 goals in all competitions. Hopefully he can keep it up in the BSP.

Jon Honey - 15 assists shows how vital he was. His versatility came in useful in sticky situations.

Jérémy Hélan - I hear this is a great signing? He was awesome, and will be needed next season. And only on £150 p/w!

Next Season

Survival. Simple

A new Right midfielder

More money!

Career Summary

------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | Division | Position |          Achievements             |
|--------|----------|----------|-----------------------------------|
|2012/13 |    BSN   |   1st    |   Champions, FA Trophy runner up  |
------------------------------------------------------------------

You can sign unattached players at any time, any division, I think.

I don't think thats right, there are windows for them as well although they are for longer. In the BSN/BSS you can't sign anyone after april, they will join in june.

Is it only in the BSN/BSS that we can sign players outside of transfer windows??

Yeah seems that way. Thought BSP would be the same as BSN/BSS but it's not.

Another great result in the FA Cup. Did worry about injury to Brady but seems he was not bad as not injured at the end of the game :confused:

0718CD8D55DE8A245933A441507B8A39D8E20BAD

Next up a dream tie away to Liverpool

BlueSquareBetSouthOverview_Stages-2.png

I lost my first game of the season to Bromley, i went 2-0 down, pulled it back 2-2 by pure attack and then went defensive, but i should of kept attacking and just toned it down a bit. But i would of been very happy with a draw, having been 2-0 down, but the great thing about defeats is that you can learn from them. Still we are top, if we win our game in hand.

GREAT NEWS! We have made it to the first round of the FACUP, but we must face wycombe. we are at home, but i think that will be a very tough ask indeed!

We soldier on, and my target in November is too regain top spot and try to get a result against the mighty wycombe!!! Come on Carshalton!! :)

Also Good luck to everyone else in the Defauge Challenge!!! I look forward to following your progresses and triumphs... ;)

badgecheshamunited.png

Chesham United | Season 2014/15 | New years update

Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers

We actually got a good start this season, but it soon showed we had our work cut out for us. We only won 3 of the first 15 league games and was flirting with relegation for quite a while. In November we couldn't get a result no matter what, and our strikers wouldn't hit the earth if it wasn't for gravity. I took another shot at a team meeting and the squad responded quite surprising. I told them we had more in us and that if we could have a bit more luck we would started winning. My captain answered "Was that all you called us in here to say? What a waste of time!" That kinda took me by surprise and I asked the room, they agreed with my captain. So apparently they don't like my wasting their time. Good to know! Anyway, the meeting seemed to have an effect as we scraped us a win the next match, and then we hit our form. From the middle of November until January 1st our record is 8-0-2! This has propelled us up the table and we seem to stay clear of relegation, unless we hit another slump again.

We are still in both the FA Cup and the FA Trophy. We are up against Championship outfit Barnsley at home in the FA Cup 3rd round, a tie that should bring us some welcome cash. In the FA Trophy our next encounter is Forest Green in the 2nd round. These cup runs are the only thing that keeps our debt in control as we lose money by the hour. Still, our attendances has increased notably this season compared to the last and our average so far this season is 732.

The best players this season so far has been Gareth Hutchison, Ümit Eminoglu and David Hutton.

Another polite request (sorry).

The mid-season updates are usually good reading so keep doing them. But if you could make it really obvious that they're NOT end-of-season updates, that would be great. Keep starting to update the table before realising its a January update!!

Worksop Season Review (13/14)

Table

Graph

Playoff

(I took the screens apparently one day late, what I get for hitting continue half asleep last night tried to get what I could but I missed the graph screen)

Season Review: Great fun year, was attacking for 1st all season and had it for a few weeks then picked up a ton of injuries in early spring. But we held on and managed to make and win the playoff! Cups were nothing special but I did get better tactically, and by that I mean I just kicked it into the box and hoped my giant Ashby would get his head somewhere near the ball and he did quite alot. My board decided to take a massive loan to build a 6500 capacity stadium when we are lucky to have 400 show up to a game...I am going to be dieing under the weight of the loan. Having trouble signing players still.

Cups:

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Team Info:

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Players:

Ashby - S - Stats - Found him sitting in my U18 when I was going insane not able to sign anyone a week before the season started, I dont really understand the new youth system I think he joined the team mid season or something, whatever the case he was a beast in the air and got alot of goals, however quite a few of them were useless...

McGrath - M - Stats - Spotted FC United trying to sign this guy and I would have none of it, came in with my first transfer fee of FM2012 and hes paid for it already.

Karius - GK - Stats - Not quite as good as I wanted, I think I might have to replace him soon.

Next Season: More depth again, low wages.

Quick little update - I only do a big one for the end, so don't expect anything fancy.

1/4 of the way through the season and i am 9th in my first season in the BSP. Goal difference away from the play offs, and 12 points away from the relegation zone.

Currently on a 4 game winning streak :)

Lets hope we can keep this up, sneak into the playoffs and have a go at back to back promotions......one can only hope :)

*********Also my board keep injecting money into the club :) ******* LOVE IT

Worksop Season Review (13/14)

Table

Graph

Playoff

(I took the screens apparently one day late, what I get for hitting continue half asleep last night tried to get what I could but I missed the graph screen)

Season Review: Great fun year, was attacking for 1st all season and had it for a few weeks then picked up a ton of injuries in early spring. But we held on and managed to make and win the playoff! Cups were nothing special but I did get better tactically, and by that I mean I just kicked it into the box and hoped my giant Ashby would get his head somewhere near the ball and he did quite alot. My board decided to take a massive loan to build a 6500 capacity stadium when we are lucky to have 400 show up to a game...I am going to be dieing under the weight of the loan. Having trouble signing players still.

Cups:

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Team Info:

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Players:

Ashby - S - Stats - Found him sitting in my U18 when I was going insane not able to sign anyone a week before the season started, I dont really understand the new youth system I think he joined the team mid season or something, whatever the case he was a beast in the air and got alot of goals, however quite a few of them were useless...

McGrath - M - Stats - Spotted FC United trying to sign this guy and I would have none of it, came in with my first transfer fee of FM2012 and hes paid for it already.

Karius - GK - Stats - Not quite as good as I wanted, I think I might have to replace him soon.

Next Season: More depth again, low wages.

That is probably the smallest screenshots ever. My old eyes can't see a darn thing :(

Wow I have no idea why they resized, looking into it now.

Ok it seems its on imageshacks end, if you hold ctrl + +(on keypad) it will resize the pics, not sure why they did that.

Strange. I actually used imageshack previously but thought it had some poor image handling, so I went to photobucket.

Archived