dafuge's FM12 challenge

I'm finding it really difficult in the BSP. I think Loris Karius is struggling to make the step up, so I've drafted in Jordan Archer to probably replace him. Thoughts?

Karius has conceded 39 goals in 12 games, bear in mind,

Yh im in the bsp now and he's struggling a lot too :( might have too look into a replacement but i think my defence is a bit too weak tbh so that's probably why ! tbh if you've got a strong defence then maybe replacing him is the thing too do, just dont regret it :D ! good luck

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm finding it really difficult in the BSP. I think Loris Karius is struggling to make the step up, so I've drafted in Jordan Archer to probably replace him. Thoughts?

Karius has conceded 39 goals in 12 games, bear in mind,

mine still doing fine...perhaps need to work on your defenders??

Worksop_Town_FC_Badge.png

Worksop Town | Season 2014/15 | Blue Square North

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers1 | Transfers2

The most up and down year I've ever had on FM. The first half of the season was pure inconsistency, followed by a long run of defeats, followed by a long run of wins, followed by a final spell of inconsistency. In fact, we broke the record both for the longest winning run and the longest run of defeats in the club's history IN THE SAME SEASON! I need to sort this out. One thing I've learned this year, though: MORALE IS EVERYTHING (far too much, really).

The pre-season was disappointing, as two of my key players from the year before wouldnt sign contract extensions. The loss of Mukendi in particular was a fatal blow in many ways, and was particularly annoying as he then retired aged just 22 after not finding an alternative....!!!!

In terms of the season as a whole, it was a case of as-you-were, which, in the circumstances, wasnt too bad. Even though my star signing was slightly underwhelming before spending the last 4 months of the season injured, I got only 2 points fewer than the year before, although I did finish 2 places lower, too. However, in the final part of the season, my form really picked up and I'm hoping that will carry through to next year, allowing me to make a fast start.

Major highlight of the season was unquestionably the cup runs. I got to the first round proper of the FA Cup, including a win over Grimsby, then beat Grimsby again in the FA Trophy first round, before losing to York in the 4th round. Impressive runs - and nice little earners too!

I'm planning on keeping more players this year as I think I have the basis of a good squad now. Three or four quality additions and a clearout of the chaff, and maybe, just maybe, I might be able to pull something special off next year. This year I only managed 3rd place in the Manager of the Year awards - given that I finished only 2 points behind where I was last year, I think this demonstrates the increase in stature of the club.

Key Players

Gary Murphy* - By miles the standout player of the season, and my new captain. A rock at the back. Won my first player of the month award.

Matt Needham - The unsung hero. The Kolo Toure to Murphy's Sol Campbell. Not as brilliant, but every bit as effective.

Krisztian Adorjan - given his outstanding attributes for this league, he was disappointing but I have high hopes for next season...

Erico Sousa - Often played second fiddle to Adorjan, but stepped up to the plate effectively when Krisztian was injured.

Wes Dixon - The £5k signing from Vauxhall was useless in the first half of the season but scored 8 in his last 10 games.

Michael Kamau - My one and only international, the Kenyan isnt a superstar, but he's done OK.

Umit Eminoglu - I have included Umit not because he was good but because he was poor. I think if he can fulfil his potential, we'll take off.

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year

The historical best XI into which ten new players were inducted this summer.

There will be players leaving this summer but far fewer than in previous years, and almost none of the regulars from this year. Will be looking for some quality on both flanks, and maybe a better striker than Dixon???

In other news, Wigan beat West Ham to win the FA Cup - Yes, WIGAN. Man City regained the Premiership crown (which they have won in three out of the four years, Arsenal winning the other one).

Season      Division	         Position     Points     Achievments

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7208914&viewfull=1#post7208914]2012/13[/url]	    Blue Square North      17th	        45       Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7221336&viewfull=1#post7221336]2013/14[/url]	    Blue Square North      11th	        58       Mid-table finish, FA Cup 1st Round, BSN Manager of the Year.
2014/15	    Blue Square North      13th	        56       Mid-table finish, longest winning streak, longest losing streak!

Football League here we come! :D

Signed a few Italians since my last update so here they are.

Nicola Varischetti

Davide Mendicino

Emanuele Venturi

Only problem is Jamil Adam is going to expire next season and he wants 2.7k which I can't offer atm likely rise in L2 as well. Got Mendicino who could step up to that role but got no other players in mind atm. So what would you do?

A) Try to cash in

B) Pay around 2.7k he wants if you can.

C) Play and let him go for nothing (Small comp if they sign him before he leaves)

Will play the last few games and post full update.

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Blue Square Premier. 2015/2016

Table - We vastly improved upon last seasons' finish, securing a Play-off position with a game to go, Tamworth managed to take automatic promotion away from Crewe, we faced Ebbsfleet in the semi-final, and then Accrington in the final; and this was the final result, Lazenby finished the season with 34 league goals, so I wouldnt be surprised if a league club came in for him in the summer.

The Squad - This was taken at the start of the season, so there are one or two new signings there, notable players were Nicky Salter, younf centre back signed on a free transfer following his release from Leeds, outstanding season from the young man, jufging by his quality defending, I believe he will have a bright future with us, unless a big club comes in form him :DRobbie Sullivan wow, just wow, 26 goals throughout the season, definitely my man of the season, without his goals we would not have made the play-offs, and to think he got injured before the play-off final and had to miss out; Aaron Coleman another youngster picked up from Leeds, a very good signing chipping in with a few goals and assists, I would like to recruit a more experienced head to help him for next season if possible.

Transfers - Only four signings were made, whereas a lot of deadwood were released, these were improvements to key positions though, and should be good enough for League Two.

Finances - A big thank you to the board for their cash injections, I would have been £££ in the red if it were not for them.

Me

Aims for next season:

Survive.

Make some money.

Improve the squad.

Football League here we come! :D

Signed a few Italians since my last update so here they are.

Nicola Varischetti

Davide Mendicino

Emanuele Venturi

Only problem is Jamil Adam is going to expire next season and he wants 2.7k which I can't offer atm likely rise in L2 as well. Got Mendicino who could step up to that role but got no other players in mind atm. So what would you do?

A) Try to cash in

B) Pay around 2.7k he wants if you can.

C) Play and let him go for nothing (Small comp if they sign him before he leaves)

Will play the last few games and post full update.

wow how u find all these regens

Questions to all

I have a great striker that plays as DF and has excelled in that position. What kind of player would be a good pairing to enhance his play as DF. Im having a hard time finding a good partner for him. Im actually considering leaving him as a lone striker and play 4-4-1-1 instead.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Questions to all

I have a great striker that plays as DF and has excelled in that position. What kind of player would be a good pairing to enhance his play as DF. Im having a hard time finding a good partner for him. Im actually considering leaving him as a lone striker and play 4-4-1-1 instead.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Fast Poacher would be the best imo

Hmm, strange, because I'm seeing precisely no regens from anyother region except UK and Ireland. :(

I've others but they are dual with English so don't know why. Signed an italian player and found 1 in u20 and added to shortlist but doubt that would make more show up.

4 Wins followed by 4 losses followed by 3 wins (Against 2nd placed side Fleetwood, new 2nd placed side Luton (Cup), 2nd placed side Luton) . Lol consistency is not our strong point in our first season of the BSP.At

least we sold a player for a record amount for the club.....500pound and no i am not missing any zeros.

Anyone know how much money i would get from an away FA cup tie to a L1 Oldham side?

I've others but they are dual with English so don't know why. Signed an italian player and found 1 in u20 and added to shortlist but doubt that would make more show up.

Got any italian coaches? italian secondary nationality? Italian scouts? Any of them could be why.

Got any italian coaches? italian secondary nationality? Italian scouts? Any of them could be why.

No got non at all.

Could also be that they had been released from another UK&Irish club, or played for one in the previous seasons, as I've found in past versions they will often show up in your search, whatever their nationality

Were all from italy.

Would they appear on it if I trialed them or put on shortlist as that may be why. As might of see the one in the U20s and looked around added them/trial then went to player search and signed them so thought they were already there.

BadgeTooting_and_Mitcham_United.png

#23 - Tooting & Mitcham - Blue Square Premier - 2013/14

League Table/Graph/League Stats

A great season in the league finishing as champions. Just the 3 losses and most draws were after we won it.

Squad Stats/Transfers/Finances/Facilities

Key Player Profiles

Jamil Adam - Goals, Goals and more Goals again. Not as good as last season by quite a bit but still was main threat in front of goal.

Ben Williamson - Like Jamil not as good as last season but still was the link.

Robert Brady - Creative genius out wide. The goals he set-up with great crosses or cut-backs were unbelievable at times

0,,10417~9220422,00.jpg

Another great run but how many replays did we need :lol: Tight in the final but diving header from the CB got our hands on the cup again.

Fixtures | Final

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

Great run in the FA Cup. Only stopped by Liverpool but we welcomed the money.

Fixtures | Final

[Center][b][u]Career Overview[/u][/b]

|  Season           Team        | League  |  League Finish |               Achievements                            |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  2012/13    Tooting & Mitcham |  BSS    |       1st      |  BSS Champions/FA Trophy Winners/3rd Round of FA Cup  |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  2013/14    Tooting & Mitcham |  BSP    |       1st      |  BSP Champions/FA Trophy Winners/3rd Round of FA Cup  | [/Center]

My Next Season Aims

Keep building on the squad/get rid of dead wood

Stay-up

Decent cup run to keep the money coming in

Hey Guys, just started with Hendon: Manager Profile

Welcome aboard. :thup:

If you're going to play two up front I'd probably go for someone who can use the channels. Say, Advanced Forward with decent crossing.

End of season 2 (2013/14) update - columbouk #1

Not posting pics as I haven't go the time at the moment, suffice to say it was a season of frustration. Losing only 4 games all season, I managed to finish 4th due to two almost identically bad runs, culminating in a combined total of 2 wins and 12 draws in 14 games. My defence was the meanest in the division by a country mile, however my strikers couln't hit the proverbial barn door. The play-off semi was a close affair, with a 2-1 aggregate, but I lost 1-0 AET in the final, with a 119th minute goal sealing my fate.

I've already been culling the squad for a real push to win automatic promotion next season, and have brought in Tina Turner (alias Tamer Tuna) who seems like he has a history of scoring 20ish goals a season, so fingers crossed this is my year.

Archived