• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#37 - Northwich Victoria - Blue Square Premier - Season 2 - 2013/14

200px-Northwich.png

Blue Square Premier - 15th

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

Survival! Yes, we did it, it wasn't pretty, but we did it. To say our form was inconsistent would be an understatement. Start of the season we had a 4 game unbeaten run, then we went winless for 10 games. Our best run of form came at the end of the season, finishing with a 7 game unbeaten run. Constant injuries, like Jeremy Helan's broken foot, did not help, but that's now behind us. Let's hope next season we can improve for at least a midtable finish.

First round of the FA cup, lost to Carlisle, a League 1 side. Only 1 - 0, mind.

FA Trophy was a disappointment after last year's run to the final.

Transfers

Lots again, probably didn't help with our form at all.

Key Players

None, to be honest. Everyone was average or thereabouts.

Next Season

Midtable finish

More talent, preferably cheap and foreign

Not going bankrupt - we're 600k in debt.

Career Summary

------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | Division | Position |          Achievements             |
|--------|----------|----------|-----------------------------------|
|2012/13 |    BSN   |   1st    |   Champions, FA Trophy runner up  |
|------------------------------------------------------------------|
|2013/14 |    BSP   |   15th   |             Survival              |
------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't time to comment on everyone's updates today, but I am reading them and thanks for posting them! Its good to see that more people must be finding something that works and are having more success!

I saw one of my favorite FM players, Joe McKee, mentioned. If anyone is looking for a midfielder, hes a great buy. I've had him in my Chippenham squad for the last 3 FMs (sadly hes not eligible this year) and hes fantastic. I've always used him as Box to Box attacking and he plays well that way. He's good for ~10 goals a year at least from set pieces, which is awesome for my teams which struggle to score. Glad someone is getting some great use out of him since I cant :(

Welsh Wizard: Congrats on turning Pro! Can we get a SS of your finances to see what levels we need to aim for? (or is it based on getting to League 2?)

I don't time to comment on everyone's updates today, but I am reading them and thanks for posting them! Its good to see that more people must be finding something that works and are having more success!

I saw one of my favorite FM players, Joe McKee, mentioned. If anyone is looking for a midfielder, hes a great buy. I've had him in my Chippenham squad for the last 3 FMs (sadly hes not eligible this year) and hes fantastic. I've always used him as Box to Box attacking and he plays well that way. He's good for ~10 goals a year at least from set pieces, which is awesome for my teams which struggle to score. Glad someone is getting some great use out of him since I cant :(

Welsh Wizard: Congrats on turning Pro! Can we get a SS of your finances to see what levels we need to aim for? (or is it based on getting to League 2?)

Yeah think based on League 2 as had more money than I got now(£455,783) Maybe if someone managed to make £1mil+ before L2 they might turn pro but I never reached that. I think I had Joe McKee last year as had loads of Scots but can't remember but rings a bell but happy to have him now anyway.

Might be getting mixed up with Rhys McCabe who was also class ( goes to search on FM 12 :D )

Guys Ive been thinking - i didnt really take part in this challenge last year, but is this the most active it's ever been? 78 entrants so far, over 1000 posts and FM has only been out a week!!!

More active than last year I would guess. Was quite active last year more so than I can remember(Think I've done every dafuge challenge :)) so likely most active ever.

Well, I'm not gonna do a fancy season review like some of you guys, although I am in awe of them, so I might work on one another season.

Anyway, after a very average season we finished 12th - Table

I think you can see from the Position Graph that we just hovered around safety all season.

I built a tactic designed to de defensive, in the hope of nicking a few goals on the counter. The result of this was the 4th lowest conceded total in the division.

Sadly my strikers all turned out to be dire, resulting in the 2nd lowest goals scored total...

In all honest, if you'd offered me 12th place at the start of the season, I'd have ripped your arm off so I cant be too worried.

If I was forced to pick a player of the season, it would be Hoyte.

He was one of only 5 or 6 original Bedford players to retain a place in the team, and started every single game during the season, finishing with an average rating over 7. Not too shabby. He was also my top goal scorer. With 8. From DC. Says it all really.

I shipped a few players out at the start of the season, and then brought more in as and when I found them - Transfers

Plans for next season

I guess we need to ship out a few more players, and retain the ones who were decent. I have a few guys on wages that dont represent value for money, and I'll get rid of them, and probably work on a new, more attacking tactic.

Yeah think based on League 2 as had more money than I got now(£455,783) Maybe if someone managed to make £1mil+ before L2 they might turn pro but I never reached that. I think I had Joe McKee last year as had loads of Scots but can't remember but rings a bell but happy to have him now anyway.

Might be getting mixed up with Rhys McCabe who was also class ( goes to search on FM 12 :D )

Yeah did have McKee found a post in 11 with Quavis saying he also had in on 10.(also found one image that still works my transfers in first season)

That would be the other half of my midfield duo from the last 3 years :) Also class for the lower leagues! (although usually harder to convince to sign than McKee)

Shame on L2 being the trigger. Not sure I will make it that far this year without it lol. My squad for this season (not through pre-season yet), is going to be mostly players already at the club with a few "faceinthegame" mixed in.

David Goldsmith - 23 apps / 14 goals / 2 assists / 3 MoM / 7.22 rating

Where on earth was this guy when I was running Sheppard/Zapata-Caicedo out there? Though I thought they were going to be incredible & Zapata-Caicedo (third backup now...) was going to be most of the

content of this post, Goldsmith came in and scored 4 goals in his first game (a 6-0 win), 12 in his first 15. Easily my best player this year despite only 23 apps.

I live with his brother. Looks like a quality player on the game though. He's also not Welsh lol.

#79 Hastings United - End of Season 2012/13

HastingsUnited.png

Table - Squad - Profile - Transfers

My first season was one of great success. We were promoted with one game to spare, with only Dartford showing any interest in challenging us for that place in the BSP. There were 2 main key areas to my success this season. The first was this bloke:

John Bird

At 16 years of age (when signed) I expected little, but from game one he was dangerous at every attack. Should be a great hit next season

Secondly this bloke:

Craig Wright

Was there from the start, but with Birdy alongside him, scored regularly.

A noticeable mention for the Goalkeeper, Loris Karius, who I see many of you have signed. A great cheap starting Goalkeeper clearly BSP level at least! Knocked out of the FA Cup by Farnborough in the 4th qualy round, and beaten in the FA Trophy Qtr finals by Newport County, but to be honest the way the league was going, they were the least of my worries.

going into next season I'm looking to consolidate will probably aim to around 14th-16th.

My Career:

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][b]Season[/b][/TD]
[TD][b]League[/b][/TD]
[TD][b]Position[/b][/TD]
[TD][b]Notes[/b][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2012/13[/TD]
[TD]Blue Square South[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]Promoted[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2013/14[/TD]
[TD]Blue Square Premier[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Still in my first season with Buxton. Rep is just 850 and not getting many through the gates (480 last game).

Im actually on a decent run after a poor start and knocking on the door of a play off spot (only September) but it looks like im losing £20k per month. Not really sure why as I kept within the pay structure.

I need a cup run. Just one game against even a League 2 club would generate a decent return. Looks like I might have to struggle on and hope I dont get the sack

EDIT - Just got Manager of the Month

Just had a little mini windfall. A win in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying round vs N Ferriby generated £5k in gate receipts and £4.5k in prize money. Two more rounds in the FA cup should see a difference in my finances. My squad is top heavy, I didnt think it would matter as most are on appearance money only.

Does the whole squad receive income where a win bonus is concerned or just the playing XI / 16 man squad??

#6 Hitchin Season 4 Update 2015/16

100pxhitchintownfcbadge.png

Squad - Table - Graph - Profile - - Transfers

Awards

Manager of the Year Runner Up

A suprisingly good first season in the BSP. Team gelled fast and only a few transfers in. Finished 5th and had a good first match vs Fleetwood, whom our team had not lost to yet. Both legs ended with a 1-0 victory. In the final, in front of 38818 we played Mansfield - a team we yet have to defeat and who won 2-1.

Followed same pattern this season as last. Played 5-3-2 away and a mix of 4-4-2 and 5-3-2 at home, depending on the condition of the defenders. Didn't score that many goals this season, but am really pleased we were the team that conceded the least.

Did manage to have the 1st position in 1 game round, and that was a good position, which we will aim to try a little longer next season. As for transfers, we only really are short a good left winger and maybe a better keeper. Lorius Karius is great, but i not that consistant.

Probably would have attempted to sign more players over the season, if the chairman hadn't decided to try and sell the club over atleast 5 months of the season...idiot..

FA Cup: exit in 2nd rnd to Yeovil 2-1 away.

FAT Cup: exit in 1st rnd to Gillingham 2-0 away

Players who had an impact over the season:

Defense:

- Carl Flynn: New signing, previous Shamrock Rovers. Solid in defense and very good in offense, scored 10 goals over the season.

Midfield:

- Alex Billington: Hero of the defense last season, enjoyed a good run on ML as well as DL. 19 assists over the season.

- Toby James: Only consistant midfielder this season in offensive and defensive playing. (well until he got a 5 month injury)

Attack:

- Tom Lawrence: Didnt have as great a season as last year, but he played an important part in front with Mark Hayes.

- Mark Hayes: New signing from Shamrock Rovers. Is the reason goal scoring wise, we managed to end up 5th, high hopes from him next season.

Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs
2014/15	BSS	2nd rnd		FAT Final	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT runner up
2015/16	BSP	2nd rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 5th		None

Looking at all the players everyone is signing, I dont recall coming across any of them.

My scouts must be looking in the wrong places!

Yeah, my scouts cannot find anyone good, at all! Having to rely on the backroom staff, which is annoying.

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2016/17

League Table | Squad | Transfers In/Out

At last, promotion! We were in the Play-Offs most of the season and never really troubled top spot. We had a great win in the Play-Off Semi Final against Eastleigh then we managed to win 2-1 against AFC Wimbledon in the Final at our ground plus some extra money thanks to a big crowd.

In the F.A Cup we managed to reach the 2nd Round but Eastleigh put us out after a replay and we missed on a potential sell out against Premiership Burnley. In the F.A Trophy we were put out in the 4th Round as League winners Salisbury pushed past us.

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd

Consolidation is the key for the first season in the Premier!

Dan BHTFC - Well done on Promotion and Good Luck in BSP. Does seem to be a bit more of a gap this year.

3 ex Football League teams have just been relegated from the Premier, Oldham, Walsall and Bury so it shows me how tough it really is!

Well done Dan, great effort.

I'm gobsmacked at the speed you play at though. I'm not even near to Christmas in my first season yet, and that is with about 26hours game time.

Good luck in the BSP.

I'm lucky my laptop is semi-fast and also I am unemployed at the mo so I can get some decent game time in!

Archived