FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

End of Season Update - 2013/2014 - TuS Koblenz

TuS_Koblenz.png

League:

Media Prediction - 17th

Actual Position - 1st - Graph

The season started on a disasterous note, as the chairman went over my head and sold Olivier Roussel to Leverkusen for just 1.7m. Since Roussel was one of the best players of last season, this meant someone else really had to step up. And step up 3 of them did. Patrice Millet, Denis Alibec and Antonio Cinquegrana contributed 56 goals and 46 assists between themselves, making them one of the best front 3's in the division. Hoffenheim were very strong in the start of the season, but suffered a minor blip in form when we overtook them and held on to the top position in the league, securing back to back promotions!

German Cup - knocked out in the second round

Transfers

Main Players:

Patrice Millet

Denis Alibec

Antonio Cinquegrana

Mads Laudrup

Niclas Heimann

Lubomir le Giang

Previous Season Aims:

Do not get relegated - Check

Do not sell Millet, Roussel, or Laudrup - Failed :(

Make an overall transfer profit - Check

Next Season Aims:

Do not get relegated

Do not sell Millet

4th round of the German Cup

Season | Club | League | Position | Comments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/2013 | TuS Koblenz | German Third Division | 1st | Champions and Promoted!
2013/2014 | TuS Koblenz | German Second Division | 1st | Champions and Promoted!

I've also arranged for these players to join the club next season!

Igor Nenadic

Simon Benson

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SV_Wilhelmshaven.png

SV Wilhelmshaven Season Report 2016-2017

Our first season in the Bundesliga turned out to be a successful one as the youngsters that got us promoted from the 2.Bundesliga made the step up with ease. It took about 10 games for the team to settle into the season, but from there on we looked like we clearly belonged amongst the big boys. A 2-1 comeback victory in the final fixture against HSV secured 6th in the table and a favourable result in the German cup meant that not only did we survive our first season, we'd be competing in the Euro cup in the next! A great season overall that saw me named manager of the year for the 2nd year running.

League: Leverkusen absolutely ran away with the title, they were almost unbeatable. I was memorably able to get a result against Bayern but realistically the sides ahead of us are miles better than us. The other mid table teams around us were poor, but we rode our luck on more than one occassion. I don't think we can achieve as high as 6th next year because of that.

We spent, far, far less than the other teams in the Bundesliga

Cup: Beat Bundesliga side Mainz before crashing out to Schalke in the 3rd round.

Key Players

Goalkeeper:

Farkas - In the preseason our German keeper Sippel had his minimum release clause met so we needed to search for a replacemnent. Farkas came in and was really good, though he frustratingly spills the ball at the worst times. I'm working on his handling but it has not improved, though it is his only real weakness.

Defenders:

Andersen - Young Dane that competes for the left back spot with Musil and is also decent cover at left wing

Ediev - The Russian proved to be the best partner for Ivanildo this year. A spot that needs to be upgraded next year

Ivanildo - Our towering Brazilian/American was an absolute beast this year. He is awesome. Once he learns German, I'll probably make him captain.

Martinovic - Martinovic has been a fixture at right back since his arrival 3 years ago. Don't see that changing anytime soon.

Musil - Our Czech left back offers little going forward but is reliable in defence, will compete with Andersen for a starting spot.

Midfielders:

Falah - Was available on a free after his Djurgarden contract expired. Proved to be a great signing as it allowed me to move Vieira further forward.

Jurco - I feel like I was finally able to see the best of Jurco this year. Not an everyday player but a nice threat off the bench.

Tomasevic - Not a great season from the Croatian. Will get his chances next year to prove he can play at the level.

Vieira - Labelled the next Gilberto Silva I broke the wage budget to resign him, but he is absolute class. Equally able to play as a defensive midfielder or an attacking threat, he is our top player. Benfica and Porto have been sniffing around him, but his new contract should keep him happy in Germany.

Vila - Each season I think will be his last at Wilhelmshaven I get proven wrong. I'm going to bring someone in to compete with him, but if Vila keeps scoring, it will be hard to replace him

Worn - The signing of the season, Worn is everything you want from a winger, 5 MoM performances speak for themselves. The big clubs are sniffing around him, I'd love to keep him.

Forwards:

Englezou - A Cypriot that was purchased for 500k, he provided a good return of 8 goals. Good value for money and provides a pacy option up top

Zoidze - The big Georgian with the odd name was top goalscorer for the club with 9. He misses a boatload of chances it seems. Still has amazing talent for a 20 year old, and Man U were enquiring about him. I'd like more goals out of him to be perfectly honest.

The Homegrown talent: Wagner spent the season at FSV Frankfurt in the 2.Bundesliga. With us being in the Euro Cup next year, i'm going to keep him at Wilhelmshaven and have him play a bunch of European games in order to keep him progressing.

Facilities - The board is upgrading capacity on our stadium as well as improving the youth facilities. Slowly but surely our facilities are catching up to our progress as a club

Transfers - Didn't spend a ton, as you can see Sippel left near the start of the season which caused the panic buy of Farkas...turned out okay in the end.

Finances - The prize money from the Bundesliga is helpful. The club has 8 million pounds of debt but at this point it is merely a drop in the bucket.

Next season: Would settle for mid table as having overachieved plus being in Europe will test the squad depth and talent. There should be money to upgrade the squad, and improvements need to be made to the defence. In general, I'd like to keep most of the squad together as I feel that it could be the core of a team that could push for a champions league place

^^^ I cant seem to get one either, ive tryed for two and a half season's now and still no luck, although they do agree to a parent club but they just cant find one.
Yep, that's exactly the same message that I get. They must be really bad at selling the clubs potential, don't they know we'll be winning the European cup inside the next 10 years (hopefully...)? :p

Thanks el sid and almondo... still can't quite believe we did it to be honest...

duccio - good luck with Venezia. i have a soft spot for them so make sure you make it a success!!

el sid - awesome stuff... flying through the leagues!! hattrick??? ;)

Amethyst21 - great first season there mate... good luck in Europe next season.

Yep, that's exactly the same message that I get. They must be really bad at selling the clubs potential, don't they know we'll be winning the European cup inside the next 10 years (hopefully...)? :p

Haha, you would think they should know by now ;)

Logo_of_FC_Dynamo_Stavropol.png

Dinamo Stavropol - 2013/2014 - End of Season Review

Manager Profile

Team Information

Predicted Position: 20th

Actual Position: 10th

Average Attendance: 3634

Season Ticket Holders: 1272

With no money to spend, this was yet another season of wheeling and dealing, which turned out ok, but resulted in me agreeing to sell one of my big strikers (Beglaryan) because the money on offer was just too good to turn down. As it stands, we are still about 300k in the red, hopefully some investment may come my way soon :(

A few of the more notable performers of the season were as follows:

GK

Vyacheslav Bazilevych - continues to improve, keeping more clean sheets and conceding less goals than the previous season

DEF

Constantin Miselaricu - big man brought in to compete with the ageing Magkeev, however due to the 3 foreigners rule found himself rotated a bit more than i wouldve liked

Vladimir Paskayants - another solid season for the big man, scored a few from corners

Marat Magkeev - another decent season, but is attracting some interest from elsewhere and may be moved on

Alexey Muldarov - due to the rapid decline in ability of my first choice RB Pankov, this man was brought in on a free

Alexey Syropyatov - first choice LB, another ageing player who will need to replaced before he declines too much

MID

Alexey Yedunov - other CM who is pretty hard to budge from first team

Amir Kashiev - one of the better performers in holding midfield role, highly rated by staff and other teams apparently

Alim Mikheev - 5 goals and 6 assists, decent return from one of the first names on the teamsheet

Eric Ndjock - another victim of the 3 foreigner rule, along with serious injury, featured a lot less than i wouldve liked, may be the next highly rated player to be sold to keep the club afloat

Andrey Pazin - brought in during the mid-season transfer window, and made an impact with a few goals, handy competition for my wingers

ATT

Yuriy Sarasek - fantastic season for the youngster, definitely player of the year in my eyes, scoring an impressive 18 goals from ST/LW positions, 3rd top scorer in the league. just hope i can hold onto him

Stanislav Boichuk - chipped in with 10 goals this season, surprising considering he couldnt finish his dinner half the time, but a regular squad member

Marek Kuzma - again switched between up front and the wing, solid but less of an impact than last season

Top Scorer - Yuriy Sarasek - 18 goals

Highest Average Rating - Andrey Pazin - 7.38

Fans Player of The Year - Yuriy Sarasek

So we made a significant improvement in the league, but not enough to press for a playoff place. I now fear that players are going to continue to come and go, and we'll struggle to find any consistency as we did at the start of the season. We really need to push on this season or i can really see myself failing this challenge.

On another note, while happy with our improved performance in the league, i am slightly concerned about the discipline the players are showing on the pitch. We finished the league season with 87 bookings and 6 red cards, the second worst record in the league! Not something ive ever had a problem with in previous games, but something i really need to try and combat before it costs us anymore points and games

Season          Division                    Position       Achievements
2012/2013       Russian First Division      15th	   Safety   
2013/2014	Russian First Division	    10th		        

Thanks rlipscombe, I'll do my best with Venezia. I will post something a bit more extensive about my exploits in Venice tomorrow (I hope), but here is my manager. I have already pretty much assembled my squad for the season, and my avg age is the lowest in the league and avg wage the highest (though wage expenditure probably isn't up there).

In FM Venezia have Italian chairman, but I read online that IRL they have been taken over by a businessman from Russia. He is supposedly going to invest hefty sums of money and build a new high tech stadium with capacity for 30000 spectators. I wonder if he will put his money where his mouth is.

thanks rlipscombe...its gonna be a struggle to keep hold of some of my players, Sarasek for example is demanding a new contract and isnt budging on his demands, has a year left on his current deal, but i cant meet his demands for a new contract, and the board wont give me any kind of budget increase, so i fear this may be my last season with him leading the line...fingers crossed some finance comes my way sooner rather than later

Thanks rlipscombe, I'll do my best with Venezia. I will post something a bit more extensive about my exploits in Venice tomorrow (I hope), but here is my manager. I have already pretty much assembled my squad for the season, and my avg age is the lowest in the league and avg wage the highest (though wage expenditure probably isn't up there).

In FM Venezia have Italian chairman, but I read online that IRL they have been taken over by a businessman from Russia. He is supposedly going to invest hefty sums of money and build a new high tech stadium with capacity for 30000 spectators. I wonder if he will put his money where his mouth is.

That would be interesting to see... i can remember watching Venezia in Serie A on TV in the 90's and that was why i took over them on previous games...

That would be interesting to see... i can remember watching Venezia in Serie A on TV in the 90's and that was why i took over them on previous games...
I know they've gone bankrupt and started over again, but didn't they used to play in black and green stripes? I always used to think that was a cool kit.

LaVitrennelogo.png

Aventure française de Berty Bassett

La Vitréenne FC - 2020/21 (French Ligue 1)

Results1

Results2

Results3

League - Graph

It was a very shaky start to our Ligue 1 campaign as we lost 3-0 at Lille, though we won 4-1 at home to LEMANS to kickstart our season. We were very inconsistant most of the season as our away record was better than home for much of the season. We spent a long time in the top 6 but our end of season form was poor and finished a disappointing 9th in the end.

Coupe de la Ligue - Semi-Finals

After struggling past Calais in the 3rd round on penalties we got a good 2-1 win against Toulouse. An away draw at Marseille and went 1-0 down and I thought we were out but we came back to win 2-1. Our lucky cup draws continued as we were away to Lyon in the Semis, not very lucky at all as they scored a controversial penalty in extra time to win 1-0.

French Cup - Semi-Finals

We had a relatively easy run to the semis apart from beating Lille 2-0 away from home in the Quarters. I felt the Semi was winnable against LEMANS, but it was one too many away ties (5 out of 5 were away) as we lost 1-0. LEMANS went on to win the cup and finish 5th in the league so it wasn't that bad.

Transfers - Picked up some bargains during the season, Fossati signed on a free and never really worked for us so sold him in January for £2.1m. Patrick David loks a snip at £1m and Silva got runner up in the Ligue 1 signing of the season. Roberto will be a star for years to come so another bargain at £2.1m. Christoph Hien was making trouble wanting to move to a bigger club so had to sell.

Squad -

Squad Depth -

Best XI - Best XI overall

The players

Keepers:

Lasse Fischer

Defenders:

Roberto

Soren Kjaersgaard

Pablo Herrera

Michael Nielsen

Marius Ion

Francis Aman

Midfielders:

Thomas Nielsen

Robert Barth

Pedro

Rafael

Narcisse Lepaye

Martin Schulz

Kouadio Kouadio

Strikers:

Jean-Jacques Angan

André Silva

Patrick David

Christoph Hien

Finances

In other news:

We were awarded the 'best team in the Ligue 1'. The board have also agreed to improve youth and training facilities again :), at this rate we'll have top facilities soon enough.

Season  |  League   | Position |    Cup     |Coupe de la Ligue| Achievements  |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 | National  |   10th   | 7th Round  |                 | Overachievers |
2013/14 | National  |   6th    | 6th Round  |                 |               |
2014/15 | National  |   6th    | 7th Round  |                 |               |
2015/16 | National  |   3rd    | 8th Round  |                 | Promotion     |
2016/17 | Ligue 2   |   14th   | 10th round |   1st round     | Survived      |
2017/18 | Ligue 2   |   7th    | 11th round |   3rd round     | Overachievers |
2018/19 | Ligue 2   |   9th    | 7th round  |   1st round     |               |
2019/20 | Ligue 2   |   2nd    | 11th round |   3rd round     | Promotion     |
2020/21 | Ligue 1   |   9th    | Semi-Final |   Semi-Final    |               |

Right, Italian experts, what the hell is the issue with the Coppa Italia? I wasn't entered in my first season, I was in it last year but I'm not in it this year? There are teams outside of serie c2 that are in it though? Que? Anyone care to explain the entry requirements to me because I have no idea...

el sid- Congrats on the promotion and winning the league, especially when the media wrote you off.

Amethyst21 - Great first season in the Bundesliga, staying up in the first year in the top division is always tough but you did it easily and got European football to boot.

G-wiz - A good season of improvement. Sarasek looks to be a cracking player for you.

Berty - A great mid table finish for you there.

Right, Italian experts, what the hell is the issue with the Coppa Italia? I wasn't entered in my first season, I was in it last year but I'm not in it this year? There are teams outside of serie c2 that are in it though? Que? Anyone care to explain the entry requirements to me because I have no idea...

I believe it is something to do with league finish in the Serie C2, but some teams from Serie D get in as well...I can't remember the exact rules.

Did you finish lower than last year?

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores 2018/19 Season Summary

Finances

Key figure - £2,325,821 | Summary

A good yeah for the team's coffers, Europe combined with player sales led to a decent profit and a healthy bank balance. Some of which will be going on an improvement to the club's youth facilities.

Transfers | 15 In (£230K), 12 Out (£2.7m)

My transfer fee paid out this season. It was a replacement for last season's star Davi. It wasn't altogether successful as he didn't manage to break into the first team. He's off again, no profit, no loss.

League

League | Graph

I wanted to make sure I got near last season's excellent performance. It started well, good results kept me in touch with Porto at the top. I realistically knew it wouldn't last and it didn't. I did however keep around the top and was always likely to get a European place again, vital if I was to continue the club's financial improvement and so improve the infrastructure that will be vital as I look to push on. In the end we finished 4th, one position down on last season (this marks the first time so far that I have not broken my highest league finish record), but still pretty good. A result to continue to build on.

I don't think I'm ready to push on for the title, or even Champion's League yet. I'm simply not consistent enough. In one-off games I can beat the big guys with wins over both Sporting and Porto this season, however, over the season they just have more strength.

Cup

Taca de Portugal | Final | A loss in the final to Porto.

League Cup | Semi-final | Another loss to Porto.

Europe | Group Stage

Reasonably pleased with my performance in Europe. I think myself unlucky to miss out on progressing from the group. We conceded some late goals and with only one point preventing us, I'd hope to at least equal this performance next time round.

Squad | Overview

Goalkeepers | Another season without much change here.

Cabecinha - Undisputed number 1 at the club, he's a decent player, not concerned with replacing him.

Mariyan Marinov - Reliable back up, I'm letting him leave to get some first-team football.

Defenders | Identified this section as the weakest last season and I went some way to improving it.

Felix Krause - Another good season for the young German. He's been here a remarkably long time considering his age. New competition is arriving next year - exciting!

Leandrinho - Another to have new competition next season. It'll be a close fought battle.

Polegar - Chairman stepped in here, and he's off at the end of the season. It's a pity, but I've been wondering whether I should replace him for a couple of seasons now.

Fabio Raimondi - He'll be disappointed about his lack of playing time, but he's young and he's got the talent to break through.

Alexey Semenov - Instantly instated as Krause's partner in the heart of defence. He performed well and has attracted interest from elsewhere. I'll fight for him. He's a talented guy.

Midfielders | A strong section of the team.

Eduard Borodin - Signed a new contract. Good for the team, he's had another excellent season in the heart of the midfield.

Jules Celerier - Back-up left winger at the start of the season. Nothing more. I'll be looking to move him on at the end of the season.

Dias - First choice left winger, been with us a while and he's not looking like getting replaced any time soon.

Dirk Hentschel - Stole Kozak's place. He's got an exciting future.

Haris Kozak - Has been a good player for us, but I'm afraid his time is up. Another I'll look to move on this summer.

Raphael Leclerc - Brought in from the legendary Clairefontaine academy, he's pushed Rodriguez hard.

Jorge Munoz - Exciting 17-year-old midfielder, I foresee an excellent future for this young Chilean attacking midfielder.

Jorge Rodriguez - The man I've had my eye on for so long finally joined. He didn't settle particularly well, but he has the talent to succeed and showed signs of improving towards the end of the season. He is still very young.

Thiago - Exciting back-up/competition/the future of the left wing.

Yuriy Voznyuk - Back up for Borodin. Performed adequately when called upon.

Forwards | I thought we might struggle this season after seeing Davi leave, we didn't.

Venizelos Chrysanthou - The man to replace Davi alongside Henrique. He lacks a bit of Davi's class but the Cypriot is young and is an excellent goal-scorer.

Henrique - Captain, talisman and star Henrique continues to play excellently.

Ivan Poljak - Back up striker, he looks better than he seems to be.

Aims For This Season

1/ - I think next season is going to be a struggle, not in terms of relegation but in terms of matching this season's results. I'd be happy with a position roughly similar, I'm thinking Europe again. Aiming somewhere between 3rd and 6th. - Yup. A slight drop, but decent performances and we coped without Davi.

Aims For Next Season

1/ Continue to challenge at the right end of the table. Looking at 3rd-6th again.

2/ Sustained good results against the 'big three'.

3/ I'd like to get my hands on a proper cup. It looks like I'll have to get past Porto in one of them (I've beaten them once) or hope for a lucky draw.

Story So Far...

Season		League			Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
2013/14		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
2014/15		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
2015/16		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
2016/17		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
2017/18		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League
2018/19		Premier League		4th			Europa League again

Previous Updates

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

17/18

I believe it is something to do with league finish in the Serie C2, but some teams from Serie D get in as well...I can't remember the exact rules.Did you finish lower than last year?
I finished 2nd in c2 and got in the next season, then I finished 11th in c1 and didn't get in. :s I could do with the prize money really, although it seems a bit weird that almost everyone enters the qualification rounds. It's one weird competition all round lol

Congrats on the promotion Rlipscombe, hopefully you can showcase your skills in the Bundesliga II and set the German league on notice.

cheers. not overly enjoying the season starting mid-july as still finalising plans. this season is all about survival both on the pitch and financially...

V5vCe.png

Peña Sport FC season review 2018/19

League, Past Positions, Finances, transfers

League

After getting off to a bad start which was my own fault as I fell foul of the 3 non european rule which meant I had to choose not to register Eduardo leaving me without my top scorer from last season. however even without that we had a great season what with managing to beat Real Madrid 3-1 and getting 2 0-0 draws against Barcelona meaning we only conceeded two goals against the big 2 this season as Real beat us 1-0 in the return game. Players such as Francisco Manuel Cruz stepped up and put in some great performances throughout the season. However the push on came with the signing of Nicolas Lopez in January who was great for us before getting injured close to the end of the season. His goals helped us to our final position of

Finances

A decent year for our finances. The Loans for the new stadium and the repayments shouldn't eat into our profits too much.

Cup

bit of a change here, will just be showing the result after the 2nd leg with the scorers in both legs listed. (H)=home, (A)=away.

4th Round vs Deportivo La Coruna - 3-1 aggregate win Scorers: (H) Dumont, (A) Eduardo, Pérez Postigo

5th Round vs Villarreal - 2-1 aggregate win Scorers: (A) Cruz, Pérez Postigo

Quarter Final Vs Real Zaragoza - 2-2 on Aggregate, won on Penalties Scorers: (H) Own Goal, (A) Fusaro

Semi Final vs osasuna - 4-2 aggregate win Scorers: (H) Cruz, (A) Cruz, Dumont, Lopez

Final vs Athletico Madrid - 2-1 win Scorer: Cruz (2)

A great run here and to beat Athletico in the final is a great feeling especially with a former Athletico player in the squad as well.

A piece of good news from the new board is that the have decide to Build a new Stadium. This is going to be a 25,000 plus seater.

Squad

GK's

Legros - Another good year for the 'Keeper. I keep having to offer him a new contract to fend off interest from other clubs.

Albistegi - The backup keeper. Promoted from the under 19's squad as I didn't think about the position really, won't be backing up Legros next season.

Defenders

Nyanda - The right back had another good year. Could be great for years to come.

Fusaro - Was signed before Nenê was sold. He came straight into the side and was an automatic first choice alongside either Duque or Kverkvelia.

Duque - Played well whoever he was alongside in the centre of defence.

Drachmann - The left back played so well for us he even gained his first senior Denmark cap.

Bidari - Didn't play a lot of games and I doubt he'll be with us next season.

Kverkvelia - Was signed as a starter but unfortunately spent the first half of the season injured and as such didn't play as much as I wanted although this changed in the second half of the season.

Felipe - Played mainly as a sub although he did play most of January in the first team due to the ACN which took Nyanda out of the side.

Herrera - Can't push Drachmann out of the side and is going to be a back up for years to come.

Midfielders

Alvarez - Spent a couple of months on the shelf and took the final Foreigner spot off Eduardo, he proved he was worth it though with his performances dow the right.

Allen - Bossed the midfield and even though he is young will probably take the captaincy from Weuts next season.

Koke - Came in from Athletico and had a great partnership with Allen which was capped with the cup win over them in the final.

Roland - Keeps proving he is a good left winger with his performances down that side of the pitch.

Kortina - Only Played in eight games and I don't think he'll play in many more next season.

Etxebarria - Played well during the first half of the season especially with Diego Puente injured.

Diego Puente - Rarely played due to just not being able to push Etxebarria and Koke out of the line up. Was injured early in the season though.

Dumont - Spent a lot of time on th ebench but did play his share of games when Alvarez was injured.

Del Rio - Primarily a back up but proved he could be a starter if Roland wasn't in front of him when he played.

Strikers

Cruz - The young striker played fairly well although he blossomed more when López came in.

López - Came in during January after Valencia offered him to clubs. Has really solved my goal scoring problem by cracking them in. Has a fantastic return and has already paid off his transfer fee really.

Pérez Postigo - Played pretty well when he came on and was better than last year.

Weuts - Didn't really step up like I wanted and I really think he's playing at a level too high for him although it could be his age. Will most probably be a back up next season.

Season     |  Division           | League Position  |   Copa Del Rey  |       Europe       |    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    | 2nd Division B2     |      12th        |      N/A        |        N/A         |      Stayed up
2013/14    | 2nd Division B2     |      1st         |      N/A        |        N/A         |Champions and Promotion
2014/15    | Liga Adelante       |      12th        |     2nd RD      |        N/A         |      Stayed up
2015/16    | Liga Adelante       |      4th         |     4th RD      |        N/A         |      Playoffs
2016/17    | Liga Adelante       |      1st         |     5th RD      |        N/A         |Champions and Promotion
2017/18    |   Liga BBVA         |      11th        |  Quarter Final  |        N/A         |      Stayed up
2018/19    |   Liga BBVA         |      5th         |    Winners      |        N/A         |Cup winners and European qualification

The 100 Club

This section will be for those player who gain over 100 appearances and/or goals for the club while under my management. this is League and cup competitions.

Player             |   Apps   |     Goals     | Seasons between |     Note
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Javi Jimenez       |   101    |       3       |   2012-2015     |    Retired
Dolly Menga        |   135    |      60       |   2012-2016     |  sold by board
Igotz Garde        |   143    |      13       |  2012-Present   |    Retired
Kurt Weuts         |   250    |     102       |  2013-Present   |
Txitxo             |   108    |       2       |   2012-2016     |    Retired
Bidari             |   206    |      24       |  2013-Present   |
Yeray Soto         |   108    |       0       |   2012-2016     |    Retired
Juanma             |   165    |       7       |   2012-2018     | Retired now a scout
Carlos Garde       |   152    |      10       |   2012-2017     |Wouldn't sign new contract
Jorgito            |   119    |      12       |   2014-2017     |Wouldn't sign new contract
Felipe             |   170    |       1       |  2014-Present   |
Nacho Gómez        |   119    |      13       |   2013-2017     |Wouldn't sign new contract      
Alejo Diego Puente |   154    |      15       |  2013-Present   |
Nenê               |   137    |      17       |   2014-2018     |Sold to Zenit for £6.25 million
Carl Allen         |   171    |      27       |  2015-Present   |
Sten Drachmann     |   159    |       0       |  2015-Present   |
Óscar Kortina      |   115    |      12       |  2012-Present   | 
Jérémy Roland      |   155    |      13       |  2015-Present   |
Mathias Legros     |   131    |       0       |  2016-Present   | 
Jean-Jacques Dumont|   110    |      23       |  2016-Present   |

Previous Years

2012/13

2013/14

2014/15

2015/16

2016/17

2017/18

After some failed attepmts at Gundo's challenge I have decided to go for this one instead

Jim Bowman has taken over at newly promoted Arzanese in the Italian Serie C2/B, An unknown manager but with a decent looking squad not to mention having staff already in place, the media prediction of 17th(out of 21 teams) looks well within our means.

SV_Wilhelmshaven.png

SV Wilhelmshaven Season Report 2016-2017

This was the second season in the Bundesliga for the club. It was also the first for the club in Europe. It turned out to be quite the successful season for Wilhelmshaven!

League: A good solid season in the top flight. Competing in Europe meant that we had many uneven performances, after rotating the squad. Nonetheless we deserved this position fully. We may have been able to catch Leverkusen for 6th, but we were competing on to many fronts to make that a priority. Our second half of the season was far better than the first which has become a bit of a trend for the club, so its up to me to get the club off to a good start if we are to move up the table and challenge the top 3. However the top clubs are spending miles more than us

Cup: We crashed out pathetically to Dusseldorf in the second round. I played a decent squad and Dusseldorf absolutely played us off the park. Losing to a 3rd division club is not exactly what I had in mind.

Europe: This is where the club shone. Though it almost was not, as we lost the first game to Vaduz of all teams! We were able to overcome the mighty Lichtenstein club which started our remarkable run. In the group stage we got Malaga, Monaco and Benfica, and not only did we survive this group of death, we managed to win it! In the knockout phase we played some really big opponents including Bayern Munich, Tottenham and Malaga, yet we overcame them all (with a fair share of luck truth be told). In the final it would be a familiar opponent in Schalke. We played our tough defending, counter attacking style which produced a rather dull game that went to a penalty shootout. In the shootout, we held our nerve and converted all of our spot kicks while Schalke missed twice and thus we lifted the cup! A proud moment for Wilhelmshaven getting their first ever European trophy in their first season of competing in Europe. This also guaranteed us a spot in the Euro Cup next year, which is a mixed blessing as it brings the club prestige, but it also weakens us on the domestic front, but lets not complain about winning trophies!

Squad:

Keepers:

Farkas - 11 clean sheets in Europe speaks for itself. An absolutely brilliant shot stopper he has saved us on numerous occasions.

Lindstrom - The only reason Farkas doesn`t start every game. Asked for more first team playing time and I was loathe to lose such a prospect so he played in many league games, where he performed well.

Defenders:

Andersen - The dane produced a solid season, he's a more attacking option than his competition at left back, Musil.

Bell - I knew after last season that we'd have to improve at the back and Bell was key to our improvement. A bargain for 2.8 million.

Dembele - Came in on a free in January and played well. He's the 3rd choice in central defence, but that shows the growing depth of the squad.

Ediev - Has been a good servant for the club, but he's not good enough now, will be moved on

Ivanildo - The big Brazilian turned in another quality season. He has been called up by the US for the World Cup, which is a bit strange as he`s never played for an American team, was born in Brazil and doesn`t even speak english!

Martinovic - Another season of strength for Martinovic

Musil - First choice left back, doesn`t offer much going forward but is great in defence

Perrone - The Argentine is a nice prospect and played well in his first season

Midfielders:

Bogovic - A couple of injuries have derailed Bogovic but he's a nice squad player.

Falah - Possibly the star of the season, the Swedish international proved that any way you want to play him in midfield, he would excel. Key to the club.

Fofana - Occasionally genius, but more often the not just average it was a decent season for Fofana but I think there is more to come from him

Jansen - Though we probably didn`t need more midfielders, I couldn`t resist this Norwegian available on a free. Only 19 and looks a real nice prospect.

Jurco - Club Captain, though that seemed to bring his performances down, probably will be nothing more than a squad player though a decent one at that

Tomasevic - Solid season from the Croatian

Uzun - Look an actual German! Not a great season from him

Vieira - The player that was labelled the next Gilberto Silva turned out a lot like him. He is awesome.

Vila - An old fart in this young squad, he continues to perform. He`s cheap, and doesn`t mind coming off the bench so will be kept.

Wagner - The homegrown prospect, I keep loaning him to get him playing time but he`s not really developing. Sigh.

Worn - When he is on, he is unplayable, a great young left winger. 10 goals meant he was our second top scorer.

Forwards:

Englezou - The Cypriot is a nice player, but he's not exactly the poacher I envisioned when I bought him. Still pops up with key goals from time to time

Mendicino - I brought him in on loan in January just to have a player to take the pressure off my main strikers. He delivered 5 goals in 6 starts, so maybe a permanent move is on the cards

Rakels - Plays well in limited time, might be moved on in the summer

Zoidze - Top scorer but never prolific, I know he`s a good player but I don`t think he`ll ever be a 15-20 goal scorer

Facilities - Ever improving. Our stadium now fits 17k though it`s never been sold out.

Finances - Prize money is nice

Transfers

Next season - I think the biggest need for the club is a top striker so that`s what I will be searching for, otherwise I`m going to be trying to keep my talented youngsters for another run at the Euro Cup.

welcome jimbowmanuk. good luck in Italy.

Amethyst21 - wow!! awesome stuff mate - to win in your debut european season is fantastic. good luck in the league push next season.

Almondo - well done on the cup win. good luck next season.

some great progress being made in this challenge, well done Amethyst21 and Almondo...hopefully im not gonna be left too far behind, i think ive managed to bring in some players who really add to the quality of the squad, but also lost a few players in the process...new season is underway and looking a bit more promising (fingers crossed!!)

Welcome to the Portuguese Supertaca. I'm not sure why I'm in it, but I'm not going to complain. Unsurprisingly given their recent dominance of Portugal I'll be facing Porto. A team I, and everyone else in the country, have real trouble getting a result against.

Kick off

4 mins - New signing Alagic spurns the first chance of the game.

13 mins - Porto's first attempt, a snapshot from the edge of the area, is saved and Lusitania Acores counter, winning a corner. It comes to nothing.

25 mins - Porto take the lead.

41 mins - Porto double the lead. 0-2

45 mins - Porto get a third. 0-3

Half time

THREE DISALLOWED GOALS!! THREE!

Full time - 0-3. Porto win

As usual I'm a season behind, but just finished another and have made the biggest progress yet in any single season. Will try and get the previous season up tomorrow morning.
Teasing us berty!

In my game, I've just come through my Europe qualifying games against Maribor (I got seeded this time round) and look forward to group games against Dnipro, Monaco and Villarreal. I'm guessing I'll lose to Villarreal, will have close games with Monaco and stand a decent chance of beating Dnipro. Prognosis for qualification? Touch and go!

My main man, Yuriy Sarasek, has just made the announcement i was dreading. My top scorer last season with 18 goals, and with 10 in 11 games already this season, this guy is already among the clubs favoured personnel, and has the potential to be a club legend...i guess my only real hope of keeping hold of him is continuing my current form (sitting top, unbeaten in 12 league games) and maybe if i can keep myself in the promotion places i can tempt him with a new contract, he has rejected every contract offer ive made to date due to the budget restrictions im working under, only way thats going to change is with promotion...fingers crossed :o

Man this thread is moving at the speed of light. (Sorry if I missed someone)

Amethyst21 - From relegation fighting in the 2nd division, to promotion, to a 6th place in the bundesliga, to a EURO cup win and 8th place. Brilliant stuff! Congrats!

ArranoBeltza - Congrats on two promotion in 3 seasons!

berty1978 - Congrats on promotion after several seasons in L2, well done! Can't wait to hear about your big progress from 9th in L1. Did you go all the way? That would be brilliant!

Charlesbeams - Congrats on 2nd place and getting back into Europe! And on the super cup!

brettney1980 - Two good seasons in Turkey. Good job on Europe through fair play. That'd never happen to me, hehe.

tommy1872 - Where do one begin? Congrats on getting into Europe. Gutted that your save was corrupted. Great job on ggetting back to back promotions with your new club!

TanO - Congrats on the promotion to the top division. Nice steady progress up there.

rlipscombe - Congrats on the promotion! That's a big jump from last season, well done!

vikeologist - Wow, two 2nd places and no promotion. But 2 times qualified to Europe through cups. There'll be books written about this some day!

neushoorn70 - Just 4 wins to little twice in a row. Hope you can push on and get that promotion next season!

Britrock - Congrats on promotion and good job avoiding relegation.

Andy Sava - Congrats on promotion!

LLR - Congrats on promotion! Glad the playoffs went better this time around.

iacovone - Unlucky in playoffs. Next season for sure.

G-Wiz - Steady progress in Russia. It seems to be one of the toughest divisions to start with in this challenge.

toonbalmy87 - Congrats on the promotion and a great first season in the bundesliga!

siLKEAPE - Congrats on the promotion and good luck in the Serie A!

StellaF1 - Congrats on the promotion and a great first season in the Serie A! Brilliant cup win as well!

danger_mouse - Very unlucky in playoffs there. Good luck next season!

Flashman - Good progress in Russia here as well. Sad to see another save game go corrupt. Hope you'll be back eventually!

Almondo - Two good seasons at the top in Spain. Congrats on the cup win and good luck in Europe!

5ergio - Congrats on the promotion!

duccio - Good luck in Venezia. I enjoyed my stay there last year. About their owners, I think the last "big" president, Zamparini left and purchased Palermo taking much of the squad with him in 2002. Much of his frustration was exactly that the council would not let him build a new stadium for Venezia. Hopefully this new owner will have better luck and bring Venezia back to it's former status in real life. And I'm confident you'll do just that in the game.

el sid - Congrats on the promotion!

PRDH - Good season, and good luck in Europe again.

Good luck to new players!!! - Macshimmy, TacticalGenius, Crispypaul, 18Rabbit, gers51, jimbowmanuk

About [*code] tags - It seems the forum no longer support the use of <tab> in these tags. I usually space out my table using tab in notpad and it works if you just post it like that. But if you then go back into your post to edit anything at all it gets screwed up cause the forum has changed your tabs to spaces, and you have to redo the whole table. Probably best to just use spaces instead of tabs to begin with now.

LaVitrennelogo.png

Aventure française de Berty Bassett

La Vitréenne FC - 2021/22 (French Ligue 1)

Results1

Results2

Results3

League -

Graph

We made a decent start to the season, obviously the 3-0 win at home to Lyon being the highlight. That proved a bit of a blessing in disguise as we were way too inconsistant to mount a challenge for the top 3, but was so disappointed in losing 4th position and a place in Europe in the last game as we lost narrowly at Lyon. The 5th placed team had no European entry this season due to the fact the two cups were not won by any of the top 4.

Coupe de la Ligue - 4th round

Poor showing in the League cup this season as we went out 1-0 at home to Bordeaux in the 4th round after beating Brest 3-0 in the 3rd.

French Cup - 10th round

Struggled past the 9th round 1-0 away at lower league side Pontivy, then was drawn away at Marseille in the 10th round and went out 2-0. Ligue 2 side Paris FC won the cup to qualify for Europe!!

Transfers

Squad -

Squad Depth -

Best XI -

Best XI overall

The players

Keepers:

Joe Dennis - Signed on a free from Spurs, did very well until Butland came in, think he needs first team football and has become unhappy.

Jack Butland - Strange one this, is in the England squad but was on a free after being released by Man Utd, and remained on a free until I signed him in January.

Defenders:

Roberto - Still only 19 and already a star, however he's now wanting to move to a bigger club, really hope he stays for the long run.

Soren Kjaersgaard - Now a Danish regular international, an excellent season.

Pablo Herrera - Was out for 9 months with a serious virus, unfortunately need a lot of training to get back to how he was before.

Michael Nielsen - Just played a bit part this season, still has potential to get better but only if he plays regularly.

Marius Ion - Had his chance in the first team due to Herrera's injury and did well.

Francis Aman - Looking a bit out of his depth now, will probably look to other options in right back in future.

Mattia Paesani - Another defender with great potential and played well when he came in.

Andreas Panagiotou - Another star of the future coming from unlikely source Omonia in Cyprus, could well become one of Cyprus best players ever, already has senior caps.

Midfielders:

Thomas Nielsen - Another solid season from Mr Dependable, most of his goals come from direct free kicks.

Robert Barth - Future German international in the making, was mainly a right midfielder but have retrained to play centrally.

Pedro - Still only 20 but has failed to live up to his previous potential, will still be a good backup.

Rafael - Club icon Rafael still has his injury problems but played most games this season, decent.

Narcisse Lepaye - Decent season but will probably be one of the first to leave if better players come in.

Martin Schulz - Plays as the DMC, had a good season.

Strikers:

Jean-Jacques Angan - Club icon after his antics in the lower divisions but I think Ligue 1 is a step too far unfortunately.

André Silva - Another good season from Silva, carried the attack when David was out injured.

Patrick David - The star of the team, unfortunately had injury problems hence he played fewer games than I would have liked. Due to him being Basque, Athletic Club came in from nowhere with a £13.5m bid but I negotiated it to over £20m due to me not needing the money.

Yuriy Lutsenko - Poor season, 1 goal in 17 games isn't good enough for this level.

Finances

In other news:

Our reserve team turned up in the CFA this season, after an awful start I thought to place some of my unused first teamers in there for decent match practice and things picked up, just avoiding relegation. French CFA-C table.

Season  |  League   | Position |    Cup     |Coupe de la Ligue| Achievements  |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 | National  |   10th   | 7th Round  |                 | Overachievers |
2013/14 | National  |   6th    | 6th Round  |                 |               |
2014/15 | National  |   6th    | 7th Round  |                 |               |
2015/16 | National  |   3rd    | 8th Round  |                 | Promotion     |
2016/17 | Ligue 2   |   14th   | 10th round |   1st round     | Survived      |
2017/18 | Ligue 2   |   7th    | 11th round |   3rd round     | Overachievers |
2018/19 | Ligue 2   |   9th    | 7th round  |   1st round     |               |
2019/20 | Ligue 2   |   2nd    | 11th round |   3rd round     | Promotion     |
2020/21 | Ligue 1   |   9th    | Semi-Final |   Semi-Final    |               |
2021/22 | Ligue 1   |   5th    | 10th round |   4th round     |               |

Hi guys, been away for a while and have missed about 3 pages! Loads to catch up on!

As for Novese - really quick update: Natale has agreed a new 3 year deal but with a min release clause of £450k. It's the only way I could get him to extend it beyond this season :(.

And my chairman is looking to leave...I'll keep you posted

WOW :eek:
What is this guy on? Clearly it is not only steroids!! :eek:
Woah, there is literally nothing that guy can't do - creative as hell, he's even ok in the air and at tackling. Crazy.

I know! I wish I hadn't seen him. Knowing he's out there and, at only 24, has potentially another 10 years left in him and I'll never be able to sign him, and that'll he'll be there standing between me and completion is, frankly, a little depressing!

Berty - Good season there. I'm surprised Lutsenko didn't score more than that, he looks a quality player. Did he not get in the positions to score or just miss when he was there? I've also got a hugely talented Cypriot, they must be doing something right down there.

Iacovone Good news on the Natale contract, minimum release clause is a pain, but it's better than him leaving for free.

Berty - Good season there. I'm surprised Lutsenko didn't score more than that, he looks a quality player. Did he not get in the positions to score or just miss when he was there? I've also got a hugely talented Cypriot, they must be doing something right down there.

I think Lutsenko had trouble settling in France to start with and being third choice striker can't do much good for his morale too. He missed quite a few CCCs and some matches was getting ratings of under 6. Your Cypriot striker looks good, won't try spelling his name without seeing it. ;)

Archived