FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barakaldo CF 2012-13

Barakaldo_CF.png

I've decided in the interests of fairness not to go ahead with having Basque loaded as extra, it seems the likes of Sociedad, Osasuna, Betis and Real Union are producing Basque players (even though I can't get any) as well as Athletic, my regens are Basque as well (not that they are of any use).

Club overview

Club Information

Proof of promotion (though everyone knew this)

Manager 1

Manager 2

DB Size (just to cover myself)

Transfers

Main Signing - Personal

Lucky enough there was only 1 non Basque at the club when I took over called Chus Del Prado, he's not exceptional but I can't really afford to let him go at the minute because i'm a bit short in midfield. If anyone comes up equal or better before the end of the season then he'll be straight out. I'll be making no exceptions for any non Basques including players I produce myself, i'll be adding personal pages to all links of signings that aren't well known.

Be warned now, i'm ill and bored so i'll probably fly through the first few seasons (already a few months in) though I only tend to post once a season is over because in past experience if I say i'm doing well it gets jinxed straight away :D I promise it'll calm down when I am back to work next week :D

Elgin City - 2013/14 – Season 2(Jimbowmanuk)

Media Prediction: 8th

Actual finish: 1st

Season Tickets: 224(+77)

Transfers

Signed several players on free transfers to try and stiffen up the defence, but may have to look at bringing in better players next season

League

The board had expected me to try to avoid relegation and after losing the 1st 2 games 6-1 and 4-0 this looked like a tough ask, but some new signings had the team firing, and with results going our way elsewhere we were able to claw back the leaders, I felt a playoff was reachable but the team kept getting better and better scoring 98 goals on the way to the title, unfortunately the 63 conceded shows me room for definate improvement

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

Scottish Cup

The board were expecting us to reach the 4th round

We were drawn against fellow second division side Cowdenbeath, in the 3rd round, and made short work of them 5-2. Setting up a 4th round match against another second division side, Brechin who we were able to beat 3-1. The 5th round presented us with an away game at SPL side Dundee we were beaten 3-1 but the money from gate reciepts was very welcome.

League Challenge Cup

Board wanted us to learn from experience

We beat Third division side Stirling Albion 3-1 in the 1st round, setting up a home tie against First Division's Raith Rovers, the game went to extra time and the away side went down to 10 men 5 minutes before scoring a decidely dodgy looking offside goal that the referee didn't see so we lost the game 1-0

League Cup

Board wanted us to learn from experience

We beat East Fife 4-3 in a thrilling match to set up a tie against our fierce rivals, SPL side Inverness Caley and after taking an early lead I had hoped a shock maybe on the cards but they soon took control and dominated the match winning 4-2.

Favoured 11

GK - Adie Boothman, better than Marshall the previuos season but I still need someone more commanding between the sticks

DR – Samuel Bangura, Sierra Leone international, who was fairly solid in the full back roll

DC – Kai Edwards, Welsh defender, solid in the air and scored 12 goals from set pieces

DC – Kim Skogsrud, Norwegian defender realeased by Rangers in the summer, solid enough DC but need to tighten up a bit

DL – Michael Dunlop, brought into the squad more as back-up for the defence but injuries to Kurakins meant he got more game time and had a solid season

MR – Fraser Keast, another good season for Keast scoring 8 goals and setting up 12 in 29 appearances

MC – Dale Fulton, brought in to improve the middle of the park, set up 15 goals in 28 starts

MC – Thomas Bendiksen, a fairly average season, his replacement has already been aquired to improve things in the first division

ML – Christopher Chantler, Voted the fans player of the year, and rightly so with his 10 goals and 20 assists

ST – Jamie Burrows, brought in more as cover but when Gunn got injured he stepped up scoring 10 setting up 9 in 22 games, capped for Holland U-19's before getting a Full cap for his home nation of Curacao

ST – Marc Hughes, The Irishman had another good season scoring 25 goals in 34 games during the season

Next seasons goals are to stay in the First Division and try and improve finances so the board can step up from Part-time to Full-time, with only 1 promotion place I feel 3 seasons in the division should make us strong enough to push for promotion.

Season League Finish Cups Europe Achievements
2012/13 Third Division 1st SC 4th round, LC 2nd Round, LCC 1st round N/A Promoted!!
2013/14 Second Division 1st SC 4th round, LC 2nd Round, LCC 2nd round N/A Promoted !!

Barakaldo_CF.png

Barakaldo half way report 2012/13

Table

Results

Selection

Incoming transfers

Enko (£55k)

Apraiz(£55k)

Arnaez (£60k)

Iker Guereñu (£170k)

I'll start with what I saw as a possible problem, the chairman wanting to sell at the start however there was no need to worry about that as now the club is back where it belongs, with the supporters :cool:

On to the pitch now and as you can see it's been a steady start and we aren't too far away from the promotion spots. The signings were arranged in October. It was initially going to just be the three defenders that I bought, Torres at LB was never good enough anyway and there was no cover so Arnaez was a must have. At RB Goiria isn't that bad but his fitness after half time is shocking and it cost us a 3-0 lead against Bilbao athletic which was the final straw for me, as it was too with Iker Guerenu. As for Garcia up front he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo at the start (not much better now tbh) and when I noticed Eibar had been relegated I put a bid in for Mikel Arruabarrena stupidly not realising he was free if I waited until December.

I'm not actually one for spending a penny in lower league saves, in fact I try and wait until the second year of being a top flight club before I do spend, but the squad needed boosting badly and because of the way I am going about this save I do need promotion within 2 years to get money for my youth facilities and also to be able to compete for the best of the rest Basque players so it was something I felt that needed to be done.

Midfield and the wings I am happy with for this season as I am with the 2 keepers but I am on the lookout for any possible bosmans from the bigger clubs.

Cheers el sid and Romanista1994, the regen bit is brilliant to know as well because i'll be spending any spare cash on youth coaching and facilities rather than first team training for the time being and being able to have all Basque from my academy certainly helps me a lot.

Season review 2018/2019

League table | Position graph | DFB-pokal | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

A pretty decent first season in the Bundesliga, never really in danger of relegation, except maybe after the winter-break. But after going on a 6 games win streak, and it was clear we were going to end in mid-table obscurity.

I'm a bit disspointed we again didn't get very far in the DFB-pokal, as I would really have a bit of a cup run, and we've only ever reached the third round so far. Even Augsburg made the final this year.

Finances - Finances are healthy right now, got a lot of money from our league position and sponsorships, so I'm now upgrading our training facilities.

Squad 1 | Squad 2 - A decent squad even without too many changes in the pre-season, with a couple of good inforcements, we could maybe already challenge for europe, but that might be a bit far-fetched.

Transfers - A couple of young prospect brought in as back-ups.

top players:

5: Gianmarco Zigoni - A good complete striker, but was a bit inconsistent at times.

4: Jacob Gibbons - The english midfielder made good progress again this season, can easily cope with the higher level.

3: Koray Günter - He had a lot of competition for his spot but he still is the best defender I have, and still young too.

2: Teddy Caron - This awesome was again my topscorer, and is now even the club topscorer of all time (in 10 years)

1: Fernando - Great brazilian prospect but due to his low determination he's not really developing. Still had a great season for us though.

Barakaldo_CF.png

Barakaldo CF 2012/13

League table

Second half of season results

Play off results

Squad overview

Season transfers

End of season finances

After a bit of a slow start to the second half of the season we managed to pull ourselves together. If i'm honest I think a lot of it had to do with changing fro 4-3-3 wingers to a flat 4-4-2. Mikel Arruabarrena was just as useless on his own as Galan was on his own but once I decided to give them a run as a pair their forms dramatically improved.

Bar the games against Osasuna B I felt we had quite a smooth draw through the play offs. The final itself was nerve wrecking though. We got 3-0 ahead quickly only for them to peg us back to 3-3 before a late Arruabarrena winner. In the 2nd leg they took the lead on 37 minutes and should have been ahead on more than away goals if i'm honest. We get a 92nd minute corner which was put in to his own net by a defender at the far post and we fluked our way in to the Liga Adelante :D

I am already regretting my transfer dealings, not the ones I have brought in, but the fact I let everyone out of contract go. I honestly expected to get a few more players than I have managed so far. The ones I have brought in will all improve us, especially my star signing Daniel Aranzubia who is going to be a very busy keeper I feel :D The other 5 are

Aritz Borda

Unai Medina

Galder Cerrajeria

Jokin Esparza

Urko Vera

Overall dealings

Our balance did look bad at the end of the season but we've halved the deficit now thanks to season ticket sales and friendlies at Real Madrid and Atletico. I could have fitted one more big game in but thought with the squad being so thin it'd be best to get some morale up and play lesser teams which we duly hammered.

I only have one goal and that is to stay up, I don't care how we do it and i'm already set for us getting a few hammerings but I am sticking to what I set out to do from day one and make the club as big as I can with the best Basque players I can get my hands on. There are a few decent ones that have slipped down to the 3rd tier (first thing I did when I got promoted was check all the relegated teams squads) but they are uninterested at the moment, if finances allow i'll try again in January.

Thanks for all the support everyone and thanks Romanista1994 for the regen info, didn't get anything decent the last intake but it's good to know that I won't be relying elsewhere all the time. Wish me luck, i'm going to bloody need it :D

Vikeologist’s 2017/2018 End of Season Report

Lodoftheshire.png

1559.png

ab8e27c6c92f4531ed70cb369239a2a61.png

[left]Season             League            Pos           Cups                      Europe     Achievements
2012/13            Sc Div 3          1st           No comment                n/a        Manager of the Year
2013/14            Sc Div 2          1st           Challenge Cup Finalists   n/a        Manager of the Year
2014/15            Sc Div 1          3rd           CC Winners & SC Final     qual       None
2015/16            Sc Div 1          2nd           CC & SC Winners, LC R/U   UC 3Q      Manager of the Year
2016/17            Sc Div 1          1st           Challenge Cup Winners     UC 4Q      Manager of the Year
2016/17            Sc Prem           5th           L/C Final                 qual       None
[/left]

League Table

Squad

Transfers

A fairly good season. My aims were to finish in the top half after the first 33 games, and then challenge in the final 5 Championship group for a European place, and, after a mediocre start, that’s exactly what we did, finishing 5th and qualifying for Europe.

The task was made a lot easier by Rangers having a seasonus horribilis. Early in the season they were bottom of the table, and they ended up finishing 10th and wet out of every cup very quickly. Not surprisingly the manager was sacked at the end of the season. The media linked me with the job, but no thanks; I’m too busy with the never ending tour of Scotland.

East Stirlingshire are in theory from Falkirk, but last season we played most of our games in Livingstone (while Stenhousemuir’s stadium was upgraded) and now next season we’re going to play the first half in Dunfermline, while the capacity is expanded. I suppose it’s quite nice. If you live in a small town in Scotland and have a crap lower league team, if you wait long enough we’ll squat at your local gaff for half a season or so and give you some decent footie.

Obviously my aim is to get into the group stages of the Europa League, but starting from the 2 round that will be tough. Our coefficient is creeping up, but we probably still will be unseeded for that critical 4th round.

The club is virtually a Scot-free zone player-wise. You’ve got our third choice goalie who to be fair is quite good) and 3 youth players I haven’t bothered to release on a free yet, even though I’d rather put our 5-year old Hobbit mascot in the first 11 than any of them. I’d like to develop the cream of the Scottish crop, but I have to shop at Costcutter. There are no Scottish ‘realistic transfers’ on my shortlist.

The total cost of my squad has been £4,500, but at some point we may have to get out our wallet and spend some dosh to upgrade our squad. As you can probably appreciate, money is tight. We make a nice healthy million or so profit each year, but we need that money for facilities, and the wage bill is only going to go up.

Still, things are going very smoothly. The team’s improving and If Rangers have another bad season, we should be in the hunt for a top two (Champions League) spot. In fact this season we were in the hunt until about the last 4 games, though in the end we did finish 11 points behind 2nd.

We got to the League Cup Final, and Scottish Cup semi, losing both to Hibs. I’d like to win the League Cup once, even though it has no European qualifying significance.

Dexter - it doesn't matter how you get up - just get up!! congrats on promotion at the first attempt especially in Spain's complex play-off system. Aranzubia is a great signing for you. i always feel that to have any success you need to have a good keeper and you have that. good luck staying up next season.

vikeologist - great first season in the SPL and well done on making Europe. enjoy the adventure but go for the CL spots next season. still can't get over Rangers!

As for Mannheim, we are into March now. i was hoping to do a mid-season update but i'm away for the weekend and then when i return i may end u pushing towards the end of the season.

Excellent season siLKEAPE, Took half the amount of time as me to reach the Champions League. :mad:;)

El sid, you're just making this look so easy.

Well done Almondo, another to qualify for the CL.

Keep going PRDH, well done on making Europe again.

I'll go through more updates later. Also finished the season I got annoyed about, will do an update when I can, I am enjoying this game even though it is taking me forever to win anything. I've made a decent start to the next season, including a double hat-trick for Patrick David in Europe, more later.

In the Euro Cup 2nd qualifying round we've drawn Faetano, from San Marino. A couple of seasons ago they managed a draw against a club from the Faroe Islands in the Euro Cup, so could be a tricky fixture.:rolleyes:

Wowzer! That's a brutal draw. Good luck, you might need it. If they have a bad day and your players play to their best, you might just be able to squeak past them with a seven or eight goal margin...

With 3 games to go in the season, promotion to the Russian Premier Division has been confirmed!!

6 points behind leaders Krasnodar, it appears that our 10 league draws this season could cost us the title, although they've taken their feet of the gas and lost a few points in the last few games. If we can get maximum points from our remaining games, heres hoping they slip up some more; the title would be the icing on the cake. Failing that however, im still absolutely delighted with automatic promotion. Gonna be an exciting end to the season :)

Barakaldo_CF.png

Barakaldo C.F. Half way report

Results

Table so far

Well it's not quite half way, but at the winter break so thought i'd write it now :D As you can see we had a tremendous start, certainly one I didn't envision. We had the blip recently but I always expected to lose those games (bar Castilla) I was working with a squad of 16 until the winter break and during that bad spell is the the time when we had injuries and suspensions, so considering I never expected anything during that time anyway I am hoping the gods are with us when we are playing teams we can beat. I have Mallorca next then another 4 games where I hope to pick up between 7 and 9 points.

I set myself a target of 20 points from the first 20 games, so I am delighted that we are 6 ahead of the target with 2 games in hand, as you can see from the table Sevilla B are as good as down and Albacete and Logrones (who I play for the first time soon) are really struggling, hopefully they won't be able to strengthen too much before now and the window closing. I'm setting myself a realistic target of 40 points to stay up going by the way the league has panned out so far (though it was 43 last year in this division and 49 the year before, so I have got a bit lucky with the slightly poorer quality in the league this year)

Financially we are in the black again after selling 4,700 season tickets, those friendlies in pre season and having crowds of up to 6,500. The board generously gave me a bit of spending money so I have brought in Gorka Elustondo over 48 months. His natural fitness is a worry but with only 3 CM's and having to use Iker Guerenu (a poor center back) as a default sub to fill in there I had little choice. I also brought in Mikel Alvaro on loan from Athletic (don't see the need for a screenshot). I'd have liked a left back and another center half but there's nobody that I can see worth going for at the moment, I have however sealed a deal for Sociedad's Ion Ansotegi for next season. He is cracking on but he'll still be my best defender.

Jokin Esparza has just announced as i'm writing this :mad: he's retiring at the end of the season aged 25, i'm gutted about that because he's been my best outfield player, i'm not sure there'll be a left winger anywhere near as good as him available so i'm hoping Alvaro lowers his wage demand so I can get him.

Edit.

This was 3 points I didn't expect :)

Logo_of_FC_Dynamo_Stavropol.png

Dinamo Stavropol - 2014/2015 - End of Season Review

Manager Profile

Team Information

Predicted Position: 14th

Actual Position: 2nd

Average Attendance: 5016

Season Ticket Holders: 1330

A tremendous effort by all saw the club go from strength to strength throughout the season, finishing in 2nd place. For a while it looked like we may be able to push for the league title, but we just didnt have the consistency that Krasnodar had. Also, if a few of our 11 league draws had been wins, things could have been a lot tighter. But overall, i am thrilled we were able to really push on and guarantee promotion to the Russian Premier Division.

The main squad members are as follows:

GK

Vyacheslav Bazilevych - a much better season for my first choice GK, an ever-present, and conceding a lot less than in previous seasons. 15 clean sheets in the league is a great achievement in my opinion

DEF

Constantin Miselaricu - rotated a bit more this season due to the 3 foreigner policy, but always reliable at the back

Vladimir Paskayants - missed some of the season through injury, but another useful man to have around. yet to see who will partner Burnash at CB next season

Georgy Burnash - young CB brought in on a free, Russian U-21 international, and a real danger from set pieces, as evidenced by his 10 goals from 29 apps

Nikolay Fadeev - brought in when my RB left on a free, and along with Ibragimgadjiev was handy in the RB position

Anvar Ibragimgadjiev - another RB/RW brought in to battle Fadeev for RB position, featured fairly regularly but more known for his poor discipline than his outstanding performances

Maxim Kozlovich - brought in to solve my LB problem, having lost my first-choice LB to a cash offer, solid but best is yet to come

MID

Panaiot Hartiyadi - another free in the summer, brought in to replace the outgoing Ndjock, and battled well to make the CM position his

Amir Kashiev - first choice CM, hampered by injury and attracting interest now so his days may be numbered

Alim Mikheev - the star performer besides the front 2, finished the season with 27 assists and 5 goals from 33 apps, hoping he can make the jump up next season

Anton Lunin - used between LW and LB positions, useful players to have around, chipped in with a few assists and a few goals

Giorgi Lomsadze - DM youth product who is the most promising of the youth intakes so far, hence the reason ive tried to give him some first team exposure, hoping the jump to the top division will help his improvement even more

Andrey Pazin - rotated between LW/RW to cover injuries etc, 6 goals and 9 assists a decent return from 23 apps

ATT

Yuriy Sarasek - the star man, finished the season with 22 goals and 8 assists from 33 apps, has however decided he isnt interested in a new contract, and is seeing his current deal out, which ends in a 6/7 weeks time. If theres no convincing him to renegotiate then he'll be a huge loss and it'll be a big stumbling block in our preparation for the top flight

Alin Rosu - signed as an alternative to Sarasek, who at the time was starting to make noise about leaving etc. Rarely used but looks promising

Dzambolat Khastsaev - brought in to add depth to forward positions, scored a few vital goals but yet to really shine

Stanislav Boichuk - surprised me with a pretty good goalscoring season, finishing with 19 goals in all competitions, only 3 behind Sarasek

Levan Gvelesiani - another free, brought in halfway through the season, highly rated by the staff and hopefully will feature more next season if/when Sarasek leaves

Marek Kuzma - didnt feature very often this season, was overshadowed by a few others and may find himself edged out now we're making the step up to the Premier Division. will always be one of the clubs favoured personnel though

Top Scorer - Yuriy Sarasek - 22 goals

Highest Average Rating - Alim Mikheev - 7.60

Fans Player of The Year - Alim Mikheev

Russian First Division Player of The Year - Alim Mikheev

Russian First Division Player of The Year - Garry Maltman - 2nd

So the team made massive strides this year. I feel that the following summer is going to be very busy, as i try to assemble a squad capable of consolidating a place in the top flight. Its going to be a tough jump up, fingers crossed the promotion will result in some investment to allow me to strengthen appropriately.

Season          Division                    Position       Achievements
2012/2013       Russian First Division      15th	   Safety   
2013/2014	Russian First Division	    10th		       
2014/2015	Russian First Division	    2nd		   Promotion 

thanks el sid!

bad news is that Sarasek and Boichuk, my two top scorers last season, have both just seen out their contracts and left the club! got a bit of leeway wage-wise now, but gutted that Sarasek in particular wasnt up for signing a new contract, had the potential to become a club legend in my opinion. With odds of 5000/1 to win the league, and being favourites to get relegated, its going to be a long hard season :(

Well done G-Wiz, and i'm sure you'll do fine next season, I was written off as favourites to go down myself but i've more than shown ourselves to be a good unit. My advice is to keep playing as you have been rather than start worrying about what other teams can do to you, granted you're going to have a few bad days but in my experience panicing and changing tactics ect is the worst thing you can do :)

The winner of this football game was the fans. Choi Kyung-Ho was the hero for Wilhelmshaven as he scored 2 and added 2 assists to outduel Mario Gotze who had 4 assists :eek:

Was somewhat bittersweet as a real life Dortmund supporter because it essentially ended their title challenge, but hey, we'll take it!

Barakaldo_CF.png

Barakaldo CF - The Basque Battlers 2013/14

Table

Results - 2nd half of season

Squad Overview

Never in my wildest dreams did I even expect to come close to getting near the playoffs, let alone win them. We were going along quite steadily in 8th place, losing and drawing a few games but all of a sudden this game turned our season upside down. As you can see shots wise we were battering them but try as we might it didn't seem to be happening for us, but we got a lucky own goal and the late winner and with other results that day we found ourselves in a position where if we could get through the next 2 games unscathed the run in was all against teams worse than us (Mallorca apart). We finally got in to the playoff position on the penultimate game of the season and managed to scape a win in the final game against already relegated Logrones who decided to turn up for once but we hung on.

The games against Numancia were even in each leg, 1-0 to them at their place and we won 1-0 at home, I was expecting a penalty shootout but we actually went through thanks to our higher reputation (still not sure how they worked that out tbh :D)

On to the final against Deportivo and with Enoko suspended and joint top scorer Mikel Arruabarrena out injured I feared for the worse, but as you seen in the results section I won 4-2 (did throw a 2 goal lead away at one point). On to the second leg, Unai Medina was injured in the first leg so again we were without 2 important players and with fitness down to 85% on a few players I took the gamble to play those that were 100% instead even though they are quite a bit poorer than my first choice 11. The players did well to hang on until the 40th minute considering how we were quite a bit less fitter, but the inevitable goal came. I made the decision not to rush in to making my three subs and see how the first part of the 2nd half went but then they scored after 50 minutes or so and I called for all the big guns available. For the next 40 minutes the Deportivo goal was being attacked constantly after hardly being troubled before hand but we just couldn't beat the keeper, or the 2 times we did they were given as offside. Cue a 91st minute corner and just like in the playoff final last year this happened to send us up to La Liga :cool:

I'm still shocked by it now, plans I made for next season have gone out of the window and it is going to be a tough summer and a long, long season unless we get some decent money/frees but no matter what happens we'll give it a go just like this season,

Amethyst, I bet you was tearing your hair out :D

Cheers el sid :) Got a few players from Celta and Hercules who have gone down i'm trying to get, not even La liga class but better than what I have, may have to get the best of the rest from the Adelente and hope for the best :D 37 points has seen teams survive in La liga so far, tough ask with this lot :(

SV_Wuppertaler.png

SV Wuppertaler Mission German Cup Accomplished

German Bundesliga

League Table -Predicted 13th http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2016/GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-3.png

Transfer Summary -http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2016/WuppertalTransfers_History-8.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2016/WuppertalTransfers_History-9-1.png

Finances - +£2 Million spent a it to get me through the season

German Cup

well it was great cup campaign came away with the title had a couple of hard games mainly Bayern Munich which i thought i was going to lose but we didn't and we got to the final with Glabach who are in division 2

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2016/GermanCupOverview_Stages.png

League Summary

Well achieved what i wanted to do. Well this was season that i wont forget we started of slow but then we went on this monster winning streak breaking the club record. I had to change my formation to a 4-1-3-2 because my defense wasnt strong enough and by the looks of things it did the trick.

Fixture List

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2016/WuppertalerSVBorussiaFixtures_Fixtures-10.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2016/WuppertalerSVBorussiaFixtures_Fixtures11.png

Squad list

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2016/WuppertalerSVBorussiaSquad_Players-7.png[/url6

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2016/WuppertalerSVBorussiaSquad_Players-8.png

Player Stats

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2016/GermanFirstDivisionStats_PlayerStats.png

Young Gems

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2016/TackieAddoOverview_Attributes.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2016/NenOverview_Attributes.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2016/TunahanBulanikOverview_Attributes.png

Aims for next season are to get into to qualify for the knockout round of the Champions League and to Win the Bundesliga

SV_Wilhelmshaven.png

SV Wilhelmshaven Season Report 2018-2019

The defending Euro Cup champions had a very odd season. We had success in some competitions and dismal failure in others. Which ones did we succeed in? Read on to find out.

League|Graph: A torrid start to the season saw the club drop as low as 16th. It was bad enough that some of the club's players were concerned that we were underachieving. I don't think I was getting close to being sacked, but I was definitely close to losing the dressing room in the first half of the season. Fortunately as has been the case for the past 4 seasons or so, the squad hit it's stride and managed to move into more comfortable territory but was never able to really threaten breaking into the top 4 or 5 positions. Some uneven form near the end of the season dropped us to 7th in the league, and I feel that was a fair result for the season. However to move forward the club needs to not have these terrible starts.

Overall the main problem was goals. We can play stern defence, but when it comes to the attack, it often lacks teeth. I don't know if it's my tactics or the players but it's been a common refrain for us over the years.

Super Cup: A respectable loss to Marseille who had won the past two champions league titles :eek:

Europe: Yikes. We went directly into the group stage....and then went directly out after the group stage. We were terrible. Frankly a pathetic defence of our championship bowing meekly out to an easily winnable group.

German Cup: For everything the Euro Cup wasn't the German Cup was for Wilhelmshaven. A favourable draw that saw us only play 2 first divison sides to reach the finals surely helped. However sending Schalke out of the semi-final on penalties was a bit sweet as we topped them on penalties to win the Euro Cup last year.

A nervy final that saw Mainz take the lead in the first half, only to be equaled by an Eldar Zoidze strike late in the 2nd half led us to extra time. In extra time, South Korean wonderkid Choi Kyung-Ho found an open Cristian Huertas who fired home from just outside the area to put us ahead in the 118th minute. Mainz couldn't muster anything in response and Wilhelmshaven were confirmed as German Cup Champions! This made up for our horrible Euro Cup run and brings home a 2nd piece of silverware for the club.

Squad:

Keepers:

Farkas- The Slovak is perhaps the best keeper I've ever had. An amazing shot stopper, he is locked down for his best years, though he is the club's top earner

Lindstrom- I thought at one point he'd be the number 1. He has no chance now, plays well but is not as good as Farkas

Defenders:

Andersen- Decent enough season for the 2nd choice left back, and has made his debut for Denmark internationally.

Balan- The young Romanian is the 4th choice in central defence but the coaching staff sees huge potential in him, so I played him where I could

Bell- Okay season for the Cameroonian. With us having a couple of nice prospects in defence he may be moved on.

Dembele- The more cultured defender suffered some poor form this season, though he overcame it near the end of the season

Ivanildo- The Wilhelmshaven captain produced another excellent season. I would like him more if he wasn't playing for USA (as I am Canadian :lol:)

Martinovic- Was okay, though according to some of my players he has a poor attitude so he might be moved if I have the funds and an adequate replacement lined up

Musil- Solid, no nonsense left back

Perrone- Fans player of the year and an excellent right back, to think I almost sold him to Boca for 6 million!

Midfielders:

Bogovic- The Croatian that I had originally thought would be a huge contributor at Wilhelmshaven appears to have reached the end of the line. He has been eclipsed by superior players and he never really recovered from a broken leg that he suffered 2 seasons ago. Will almost certainly be moved on.

Falah- The swede is an excellent midfielder. Plays well in defence and adds in several assists.

Fofana- The Malian was supposed to be the right winger for the present and future, however he produced a poor season. He has one more season to turn it around

Huertas- A bargain for 3.5 million especially after I sold Tomasevic for 6. Scoring the winner in the German Cup in extra time should make him a fan favourite for years to come

Jensen- The Norwegian clearly has the world at his feet. Part of my excellent central midfield. Collected his first cap for Norway after I took the screenshot

Jurco- Had a really good season...until some club decides that they want him and then his play goes into the tank. Frustrating.

Urbanek- Came in January and right away became first choice on right wing. Scores goals too which is nice for a club that doesn't score enough.

Uzun- Now 118 appearances into his Wilhelmshaven career continues to be decent backup and a good servant

Vieira- Another good season for the Brazilian. Worryingly he has been somewhat injury prone lately

Wagner- The home grown midfielder is okay, but nothing more than a squad player.

Worn- He is so good down the left. Scores goals with his head more than his feet. They all count though!

Forwards:

Englezou- The mercurial Cypriot plays well but doesn't score. Might be moved on unless he can prove he can hit the back of the net.

Ferry- The Scot was our big summer signing that was supposed to come in and score goals, yet a poor start and injuries derailed him early. When he came back after the winter break he showed his potential with a series of good performances.

Kyung-Ho- A bargain for 900k, the South Korean is lethal off the bench though seems to struggle when starting. He's young though and that may come in time.

Zoidze- A frustrating striker, he appears to have all the talent in the world but rarely scores for us, even though he has 16 goals in 31 appearances for Georgia. I keep hoping he'll eventually become a great goalscorer, though maybe I don't know how to use him tactically.

Youth:

Drum- When you can't bring in talent from you're own academy, buy it from others. Augsburg's loss is our gain.

Duka- Duka is the next big prospect for the club. I'm a bit worried as his attributes don't exactly scream star, but he has potential to grow into.

Oldani- The next Phillipe Senderos apparently, definately need to get him playing time

Schwartz- The left winger of the future, apparently has 'leading first division left winger' potential

The Departed: In this section I'll list the important players that have moved on, noting their contribution to the rise of Wilhelmshaven

Tomasevic- Was no longer important in a crowded midfield, and we got a good (6m) fee for him. 97 career league appearances, scoring 7 goals.

Vila- Wanted to leave when we were underachieving early in the season, I could not make him happy so he left for 500k to Kaiserslautern, where he failed to make an appearance. 121 league appearances, scored 20 goals.

Finances- Strong, but I only have 4.2 million to spend in the summer, so that is disappointing.

Transfers

Next Season: Continue onwards and try not to fall into an early season slump.

brettney1890 - Congrats on the title (the bizarre play-off system does mean you are champions!) What is Turkey's coefficient like in your game? I assume that means automtic qualificaiton for the group stages of the Champions Legue still.

vikeologist - A great first season in the top flight. :thup: I find your tales of 'touring Scotland' almost as entertaining as your challenge progress! Hopefully, you'll get into a position to build a new home soon.

jimbowmanuk - Congrats on earning consecutive promotions.

nueshoorn70 - I'd take mid-table obscurity for the first season in the top flight any time!

G-Wiz - Well done on reaching the top flight. A shame about losing your strikers but I'm sure you'll be able to pick up decent replacements.

Dexter - a great start to the challenge, especially considering the extra level of difficulty you've added. Best of luck against the big goys in La Liga.

toonbalmy87 - Fantstic job winning the cup. I'm sure Champions League qualificaiton is not too far away now.

Amethyst21 - Nice to see a steady flow of silverware beginning for you now. Do you focusyour match preparation on 'team blend' in pre-season? I always set mine to 'very high' until the lkeague kicks off and we usually have a good start.

Keçiorengücü 2017-18 Pre-Season Report

454840.png

Premier League

Board expectation: Respectable position

Media Prediction: 13th

Cup

Board expectation: Be competitive

Europa League

Board Expectation: Learn from the experience

Budgets

Transfer budget: 3.6 million TL

Wage budget: 349,094 TL per week (up 141,993 TL from last season)

Current Wage Spending: 345,625 TL per week (up 143,057 TL from last season)

Facilities

Stadium Capacity: 5040 (all-seater)

Season ticket holders: 1335 (up 71 from last season)

Training Facilities: Good

Youth Facilities: Adequate

Junior Coaching: Average

Youth Recruitment: Fairly Basic

Transfers - Summary

I was generally happy with the squad that qualified for Europe last season. A strong core of young players who have proven talent rather than just potential meant I wouldn’t be looking for many new faces. Several reserve players left the club as their contracts expired or offers came and I sent quite a few youngsters out on loan as well. Only 5 new faces came in. One was sent out on loan straight away but the ones below have been added to the first team squad:

Cuneyt Köz (DRC) – After starting his career with Bayern Munich, this player had a great 2013-14 season with Denizlispor, which earned him a cap for the national side and a transfer to Fenerbahçe. 3 seasons on and he was released having hardly played for the Istanbul side. I signed him as a free agent and I think he will be a useful addition to our squad, especially as he can cover two different positions in defence. Hopefully, he will get his career back on track with us.

Egeman Korkmaz (DC) – My oldest player at the start of the summer was just 25 so I though some experience would be necessary to help the squad push on to the next level. In comes former Trabzonspor and Beşiktaş player Korkmaz. He’s getting on a bit at 34 but can still perform at this level and will be kept busy tutoring the youngsters.

Ercan Erdoğan (ST) – Joins on a free from Trabzonspor having come through their youth system. He needs some heavy training on his physical attributes but he should provide decent back-up to our main strikers as well as adding a much needed home-grown option to our squad.

Gustavo Diaz (ST) – A bit of an impulse buy as I don’t really need more strikers or foreign players. However, my scouts liked what they saw enough for me to take a gamble on a player previously at an Argentinian lower league side.

As I mentioned in previous postings, we have also lost star winger Joe Marshall, who has a January moved arranged to OB in Denmark. He then picked up a long-term injury just after agreeing the deal so he has effectively played his last game for the club. Still, 6.5 million TL for an injured player with 6 months left on his contract is pretty good business!

The aim this season is to reach the play-offs again and hopefully qualify for Europe once more. I am also hoping for a better showing in the cup after early exits in the last two seasons.

toonbalmy87 good season there :)

Amethyst21, it was still a respectable season, DodgeeD makes a very good point about the match preparation, though I tend to keep it high until October usually.

Dodgee, seems you're going well there mate, some good signings too :)

Is it wrong that I feel hard done by drawing against a more or less full strength Barca side? (admittedly Fabregas' red helped immensely)

Stats

Player stats

:(

Got 3 more games before the break and then i'll do a half way write up :)

next dilemma...Alim Mikheev, the Fans Player of The Year last season, is making noise about wanting a new contract as he has 12 months remaining on his current deal. He is demanding wages i cannot afford. He is however attracting interest from a few clubs, and at 1.9 million, his sale would help stabilise the clubs finances (currently just over 1 mil in the red!), so do i sell him now and try to bring in a replacement or get the seasons worth out of him and let him go for free?

think my mind is made up, but just curious what others would do

Barakaldo_CF.png

Barakaldo CF - The Basque Battlers 2014/15 Halfway Report

Fixtures

Table

Squad overview

Transfers

Peio Gomez

Xabi Castillo

Mikel Balenziaga

Markel

David Lopez

Iker Hernández

Winter Finances

Winter Warchest

Winter singings

Asier Illarramendi

Guillermo Fernandez

Total Transfers

A cracking start so far. Only really humiliated 4 times (Real Sociedad and Sevilla away aren't on the fixture list because I closed the tab half way through writing this and had to start again and I have still been playing on and off in between :D)

The Sporting away game isn't as good as it looks tbh, we took an early 1-0 lead and then they had 2 men sent off within half an hour giving us 2 penalties which were converted so we spent the rest of the game tearing them apart at will.

The goals against column is worrying, though it's not so much our defending but 70% down to the fact that Daniel Aranzubia is 35 and his attributes are declining now and he has let some ridiculous goals in. There isn't a keeper even equal available to me. My targets in the summer will be Asier Riesgo from Osasuna (even though he is 31 he'll still be a better bet) or Raul Fernandez from Bilbao.

My ins over the summer and winter break are probably as good as if not better than I could have wished, Asier Illarramendi is the icing on the cake though. He wasn't playing at Sociedad so I put a bid in more of hope than anything and was delighted to have got him, Raul Garcia from Atletico Madrid is also on my radar, he'd be here now if he'd drop his £40k a week demand but with us making profits each month and me not spending the entire season budget I am confident we can get something tied up in the summer.

End of Season Update - 2015/2016 - TuS Koblenz

TuS_Koblenz.png

League:

Media Prediction - 10th

Actual Position - 2nd - Graph

The season started well as we won the German Super Cup, by defeating Bayern Munich. The league was easier than last season, although we did have more trouble putting away smaller teams, but 12 points more than last season is all I could ask for. As predicted, Bayern Munich were much too strong, and they bought Abel Hernandez who has been banging in the goals for them. 2nd is a fantastic finish though, delighted with the finish! I hope I haven't let you down rlipscombe ;)

German Cup - Knocked out by Werder Bremen in the quarter-finals

Champions League - Qualified to the group stages beating Sporting CP 7-3 on aggregate.

Group Table - The best game was the first one against Man Utd at Old Trafford. United went 2-0 up until Phil Jones conceded a penalty which was converted and also scored an own goal :D The best was yet to come though, former United player Steve Moore came up with the winner in the dying moments of the game. We also beat Porto once which was a very good performance.

The round of 16 was against AC Milan, who were also defending champions. We lost 1-4 at San Siro, and in the home leg, we came ever so close to an upset, winning 3-1 on the day, but losing the tie on aggregate. One more goal would've taken the match to extra time at home. But overall, very pleased about our efforts in our first season in the CL.

Transfers

Main Players:

Patrice Millet

Steve Moore

Aaron Marriott

Lucas Andersen

Andre Neves

All but one of these players were bought in for free :cool: Lucas Andersen was the only one who cost the club in terms of transfer fee.

Previous Season Aims:

Do not sell Millet - check

Finish in the top 6 again - check

Semi-finals of the German Cup - failed

Next Season Aims:

Round of 16 in the CL

Top 4 finish in the league

Semi-finals of the German Cup

Season | Club | League | Position | Comments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/2013 | TuS Koblenz | German Third Division | 1st | Champions and Promoted!
2013/2014 | TuS Koblenz | German Second Division | 1st | Champions and Promoted!
2014/2015 | TuS Koblenz | German First Division | 4th | German Cup winners! Qualified for the Champions League!
2015/2016 | Tus Koblenz | German First Division | 2nd | Super Cup winners! Qualified for the Champions League!

I've arranged for these players to join the club next season.

Nicola Pavlovic - 7.25m

Rui Baptista - free

Sandro Barreto - 1.9m

toonbalmy87 - Nice one on the cup win. Great to see you doing it with Wuppertal.

Amethyst21 - Good season there, hopefully you can push further up the table next season.

DodgeeD - good luck on the season and well done on the win over Besiktas.

Dexter_Morgan - Cracking first half of the season there. Looking at the fixtures you've played well against the big two it looks like.

el sid - Well done on 2nd in the league and on getting out of the group but unucky o osing to AC Milan.

G-Wiz - look to sell him.

Elgin City - 2014/15 – Season 3(Jimbowmanuk)

Media Prediction: 10th

Actual finish: 4th

Season Tickets: 460(+236)

Transfers

Several players signed this season, 2 turkish youngsters to cover both wings, Aslan(not the lion) on the right and Kunt(cheeky) on the left, spent £120k on Congo striker Kimbembe who after a shaky couple of games started to find the net, I'm expecting big things from him next season

League

The board wanted me again to avoid relegation, which was duly delivered. The season started well and the team was keeping pace with the leaders but a few draws and a couple of narrow losses meant we lost a bit of ground on Dunfermline, who at one stage were 13 points ahead of second, before they hit a slump towards the end beating me on the last day to ensure the title. Several changes of personnel happened throughout the season and we started finding a more settled line-up which improved as the games went on, happy with my 4th place finish want the team to continue it next season and hopefully put in a real challenge for the title.

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

Scottish Cup

The board were expecting us to reach the 4th round

A comfortble victory against 3rd Division East Stirlingshire set up a 4th round encounter with fellow league side St Johnstone, and after a 2-2 draw at home we had to travel to Perth for a replay which looked to be going to extra-time til the home side scored with 2 minutes remaining putting us out of the competition.

League Challenge Cup

Board wanted us to reach the 2nd round

Won an easy 1st round tie against Montrose 2-0, to set up a game against Stranraer and after going 4-1 in front looked to be on easy street until they scored 2 quick goals leaving us hanging on for the last 10 minutes. Kilmarnock were drawn in the quarters and we dominated the game winning 2-0. The semi-final pitted us against Falkirk, and after 15 minutes we were 2 goals to the good and looking on our way to the final then the defence collapsed and shipped 4 goals putting us out of the cup. This is a cup I think we can win and hopefully I can achieve that before promotion

League Cup

Board wanted us to reach the 2nd round

The board now view this as an important cup, no longer the cushion of learning from expirience, the 1st round had us travelling to Albion Rovers, and the team played magnificently winning 6-0, setting up a home tie against SPL side St Mirren. We played them off the park and won 3-0 showing that the team may have potential if promotion happens next season. The 3rd round draw gave us a match only small clubs can dream of, an away tie at Ibrox playing Rangers, we managed to pull the game back to 2-2 before they improved to win 4-2 but the £300k for gate reciepts was a welcome boost to the club and gave me a slight transfer kitty for the January window

Squad

I didn't really settle on a favoured 11 this season as new players were coming in left, right and centre all season, but the Scottishness of the team is slowly disappearing

Next Seasons goals are to try and challenge for the title and also win the League Challenge Cup

Season League Finish Cups Europe Achievements
2012/13 Third Division 1st SC 4th round, LC 2nd Round, LCC 1st round N/A Promoted!!
2013/14 Second Division 1st SC 4th round, LC 2nd Round, LCC 2nd round N/A Promoted !!
2014/15 First Division 4th SC 4th round, LC 3rd Round, LCC Semi-final N/A Nothing of note

Archived