FM 2012: Manchester United team guide - CHAMP19NS and the most decorated club in England!

Fabio MVP

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally decided on my formation and first team lineup (ignore the subs, it the pre-season so need to replace everyone thus >26s are allowed.)

manchesterunitedtactics.png

May retrain some players positions such as Valencia for Right back, but not sure yet

Just about to play the last friendly before the Community shield... and Im without both Rooney and Morrison for a few weeks :(

Good news is that with the rejigging due to injuries, Young played in the AMC role against Juve. A 4-1 victory with Young scoring a hatrick and assisting for the other :D

Cant believe how good this youth setup Im running is doing. Anderson and Young are replacing the injured morrison and rooney.. probably be more changes due to the under20s matches though but will see soon

Finally decided on my formation and first team lineup (ignore the subs, it the pre-season so need to replace everyone thus >26s are allowed.)

manchesterunitedtactics.png

May retrain some players positions such as Valencia for Right back, but not sure yet

using somewhat same formation now except a DLP and BWM at centre. Try Hernandez from left against weaker team, he explodes out of there.

I do say, it's been a while since I've played a United save so I'm going to have to give this season a try. Most of the old guard have moved on so I think i'll be able to play and sign people again without feeling bad about replacing my favourite players.

Great OP Fab! Agree with most, if not all, of your analysis of the squad. Im in the process of bringing in some cover for Raf, main candidate is Sime Vrsaljko. This kid looks like he's going to be a superstar. In terms of English prospects, Ive scouted Clyne and Hodson. Should also be said that either Jones or Smalling would make competent fall backs.

Not a big fan of Carrick either, so looking for some cover for Fletcher (who i hope re-finds his form for United after his illness). I think Jones could become a very competent DM if needed. Rodwell, Fellani and Emre Can are players ive looked at to back up Fletcher. (wish to god we still have Owen Hargreaves, he would be perfect!)

Heavily considering looking into replacing Rio by the end of the season. Smalling is more then capable, But with my persistence in having him cover a few positions, ive looked into some CD youth. While the prospects in our own ranks look half decent, ive put serious scouting time into Harry Maguire, Craig Dawson and Craig Cathcart (old man united youth prospect). United let Cathcart go a few seasons back, and he has really developed into a quality CB. Fergie really has let some quality youth defenders go over the past 3-4 seasons with the likes of Pique, Shawcross and Cathcart all turning into outstanding CB's. Yes, we have talent at United, but I would have gotten rid of the likes of Oshea, Brown, J Evans before any of them.

In terms of cover for Ashley young, i want a player who is capable of playing bit-part roles in the squad, but will develop into something quality. I want a natural left footer, aswell as another right footer for the cover. In the process of scouting Albrighton, Bannan, Hammill, Jarvis, Knightly and Dorrans (British PL prospects) and have just started my search through the championship and league 1. Matt Phillips looks like he might be a decent prospect from Blackpool, though he is lacking natural flair. In terms of youth at the club, Ravel and Adnan look like solid prospects. Still wouldn't have minded giving Obertan another season to develop, reckon he's going to turn out to be another Nani - Frustrating and unpredictable but with experience, game time and tutoring, i think he'll turn out world class. I would have loaned him out rather then sold him on...

As stated, we look set on strikers. Still annoyed Berbasloth wasn't sold when PSG came calling, but in terms of FM he is decent. Shame about welbecks stats, though he's still top notch. Rooney in a deep lying role feeding chicharito, Owen or Welbeck just gives me orgasms! :lol:

In the process of searching around the Championship for some real youthful talent to put into the u18 side. Again mostly British, but clubs like West Ham have some real high quality talent coming through their youth set-up. Especially Dominic Vose, Rob Hall and Elliot Lee. Figure it might be worth investing in some youth sooner rather than later because alot of our "older statesman" that possess good tutoring capabilities will be moving on with-in the next 1-2 seasons.

some good ideas here, cant wait for the full game but dont know what i am going to do

I will try and get rid of Carrick and Fletcher. Need to check my youth as i just love buying people for some reason and dont look at youth etc

Attack i will get rid of Berba to Juve

For defense, Rio needs to go soon, so need CB and Evans i just dont like and Smaling will be used mainly for RB

Left midfield will need to find someone but not sure who

XX11, you got a tactic file that you used that you can share, you got some nice results

Great OP Fab! Agree with most, if not all, of your analysis of the squad. Im in the process of bringing in some cover for Raf, main candidate is Sime Vrsaljko. This kid looks like he's going to be a superstar. In terms of English prospects, Ive scouted Clyne and Hodson. Should also be said that either Jones or Smalling would make competent fall backs.

Not a big fan of Carrick either, so looking for some cover for Fletcher (who i hope re-finds his form for United after his illness). I think Jones could become a very competent DM if needed. Rodwell, Fellani and Emre Can are players ive looked at to back up Fletcher. (wish to god we still have Owen Hargreaves, he would be perfect!)

Heavily considering looking into replacing Rio by the end of the season. Smalling is more then capable, But with my persistence in having him cover a few positions, ive looked into some CD youth. While the prospects in our own ranks look half decent, ive put serious scouting time into Harry Maguire, Craig Dawson and Craig Cathcart (old man united youth prospect). United let Cathcart go a few seasons back, and he has really developed into a quality CB. Fergie really has let some quality youth defenders go over the past 3-4 seasons with the likes of Pique, Shawcross and Cathcart all turning into outstanding CB's. Yes, we have talent at United, but I would have gotten rid of the likes of Oshea, Brown, J Evans before any of them.

In terms of cover for Ashley young, i want a player who is capable of playing bit-part roles in the squad, but will develop into something quality. I want a natural left footer, aswell as another right footer for the cover. In the process of scouting Albrighton, Bannan, Hammill, Jarvis, Knightly and Dorrans (British PL prospects) and have just started my search through the championship and league 1. Matt Phillips looks like he might be a decent prospect from Blackpool, though he is lacking natural flair. In terms of youth at the club, Ravel and Adnan look like solid prospects. Still wouldn't have minded giving Obertan another season to develop, reckon he's going to turn out to be another Nani - Frustrating and unpredictable but with experience, game time and tutoring, i think he'll turn out world class. I would have loaned him out rather then sold him on...

As stated, we look set on strikers. Still annoyed Berbasloth wasn't sold when PSG came calling, but in terms of FM he is decent. Shame about welbecks stats, though he's still top notch. Rooney in a deep lying role feeding chicharito, Owen or Welbeck just gives me orgasms! :lol:

In the process of searching around the Championship for some real youthful talent to put into the u18 side. Again mostly British, but clubs like West Ham have some real high quality talent coming through their youth set-up. Especially Dominic Vose, Rob Hall and Elliot Lee. Figure it might be worth investing in some youth sooner rather than later because alot of our "older statesman" that possess good tutoring capabilities will be moving on with-in the next 1-2 seasons.

Cheers mate. Good luck with your save game and stay active.

some good ideas here, cant wait for the full game but dont know what i am going to do

I will try and get rid of Carrick and Fletcher. Need to check my youth as i just love buying people for some reason and dont look at youth etc

Attack i will get rid of Berba to Juve

For defense, Rio needs to go soon, so need CB and Evans i just dont like and Smaling will be used mainly for RB

Left midfield will need to find someone but not sure who

XX11, you got a tactic file that you used that you can share, you got some nice results

Why would you seel Fletcher?

XX11, what training schedules are you using? The tactic looks immense btw, may have to copy it later when I get home

FWIW I posted my training schedules in one of the opening posts, so you might want to take a look. I'm not saying they're better then xx11's!

XX11, what training schedules are you using? The tactic looks immense btw, may have to copy it later when I get home

The training was just something random I threw together in a couple of minutes. Not sure how effective it be in a long term game.

I try find somewhere to put my tactic that I used up later when I get time. Just thought I post the 1st premiership game with the "youth team" setup in a 4-2-3-1 :D

manutdvqprtvview.png

I really want to get home and try xx11 tactics' now! With mine, i regularly get 20+ shots in per game but not 30. Interesting to see the strikers making the most of their shots on target too, mine have struggled in the demo to convert and Hernandez keeps aiming for the corner flag! Having said that, he's still scored 14 in 11 games on the current demo.

Hi guys, been playing the demo for the past couple of days and I must say, it's a big improvement on the previous editions :)

So I pretty much sold a whole bunch of players and brought in several new faces:

sold:

Dimitar Berbatov to Juventus - 10m

Rio Ferdinand to FC Bayern - 12m

Tomasz Kuszczak to Getafe - 1.9m

Anderson to Inter - 10m

Michael Carrick to Sunderland - 8m

Jonny Evans to Porto - 5.25m

Park Ji-Sung to Tottenham - 8.25m

Antonio Valencia to Everton - 7m

Darren Fletcher to Arsenal - 13.5m

Darron Gibson to Everton - 2.5m

Will Keane to Wolves - 825k

and bought:

Emre Can from FC Bayern - 900k

Andre Ayew from O. Marseille - 12.5m

Kyriakos Papadopoulos from Schalke - 13m

Gary Cahill from Bolton - 8.5m

Douglas Costa from Shakthar - 15m

Willian form Shakthar - 7.75m

Felipe Anderson from Santos - 6m

Marouane Fellaini from Everton - 21m

Marco Materazzi - free

Eden Hazard from Lille - 44.5m

Sammir from Dinamo - 1m

Sime Vrsaljko from Dinamo - 1.3m

Iker Munian from Athletic - 21m

I realise you can pretty much buy expensive good players buy offering to pay big sums on 48 month installments with 0 upfront, which is pretty much how I paid for every player I bought except Emre, Sammir, and Vrsaljko. Went a little crazy on the buying player front just to try out the different players available.

I can pretty much say my best buys are Vrsaljko (4 games 1goal 2 assists - was injured for a while), Fellaini (17 games/4goals, 4assists), Munian (13 games/15 goals, 3 assists) and Hazard (15 games/6 goals, 2 assists). Haven't really had much opportunity to play Cahill or Papadopoulos but they've performed well everytime Iplay them. Havent played Sammir or Felipe at all :p Costa and Willian aren't bad though I honestly could've saved the $ spent.

In comparison, Nani is on 16 games 4 goals 10 assists; Rooney 14games/7 goals/5assists.

cant wait til the full release to start a united save. am thinking of playing 4-2-3-1 with Rooney in AM and hernandez/welbeck as advanced forward. dont think i will make any signings in the defence, can use Smalling, Jones, Fabio to cover Rafael at right back, maybe even Valencia.

2 CM's - probably Fletcher as BWM with Pogba as back up. Then the second as a playmaker. Playmaker rotating between Anderson, Giggs and Cleverley, with Morrison as back up. Wingers Nani on the right and Young on the left with Januzaj and Valencia as back-up on right, will probably buy Marko Marin as bacl up for Young

Starting XI:

De Gea

Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Fletcher Cleverley

Nani Rooney Young

Hernandez

Anyone think i need to make anymore signings? I need to use a lot of the youngsters but could maybe do with a back AM for Rooney although Morrison and Cleverley can play there

Thim1993, your idea looks good and I started a new demo last night with the same formation after seeing others do so. Not sure how expensive Marin is but you could try Douglas costa. He cost anywhere between 10-15m and can cover young as well as amc. He plays amr/l/c. I would also buy kovacic in full release and vrsaljko as young amc and dr. Vrsaljko can be used straight away for dr cover and both only cost £1m.

What's the best role for Berbatov up front? CF, DLF, AF?

I've been using him as a DLF support to good effect. To be honest, come the full game, I'll probably sell him as I don't think he's quite good enough. I'd rather have a promising 18 year old come in and try make the position his own.

What are everyone's views on wingers? I've recently been playing them as IF on attack mode, however the coaches claim that most of the players are best as APM. Seen Valencia recommended as an out and out Winger but how about Young and Nani?

Both my Wide players are set to "wingers". Though i personalize their player instructions. With Valencia i use him as an out and out winger set to "hug touchline" with a little less creative freedom. Where as with Nani and Young i give them a bit more license to roam, cut inside and create. I dont want them cutting in too often as i play with 2 up front, and i want plenty of space for Rooney to drop into.

I've been using him as a DLF support to good effect. To be honest, come the full game, I'll probably sell him as I don't think he's quite good enough. I'd rather have a promising 18 year old come in and try make the position his own.

Yeah, it's difficult to get the best out of him.

Been using a 4-5-1/4-3-3 so he's not done much for me so far tbh.

I asked the board to buy Ganso for me. And they did.

What's the best role for Berbatov up front? CF, DLF, AF?

Deep Lying Forward (Support).

What are everyone's views on wingers? I've recently been playing them as IF on attack mode, however the coaches claim that most of the players are best as APM. Seen Valencia recommended as an out and out Winger but how about Young and Nani?

Winger (Attack) for all of them.

In 7 days I'll be starting my save game! I'll choose Automatic experience as always, so was wondering what people choose? Automatic or? Also how do you plan to set up your game in terms what you load regarding leagues, players, what options do you tick/untick? I'll present my starting when I begin playing it. :cool:

I always select international footballer for experience. Always select La Liga and Serie A as playable, Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany and Holland as background. I always try and load the highest number of players possible, love the challenge of finding the next Messi or Moore

I always select international footballer for experience. Always select La Liga and Serie A as playable, Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany and Holland as background. I always try and load the highest number of players possible, love the challenge of finding the next Messi or Moore

very similar to me but Auto exp + Australia & Belgium as background.

Fabio MVP:

most of those transfer i would do in the full game except Rubinho and Iaquinta.

In 7 days I'll be starting my save game! I'll choose Automatic experience as always, so was wondering what people choose? Automatic or? Also how do you plan to set up your game in terms what you load regarding leagues, players, what options do you tick/untick? I'll present my starting when I begin playing it. :cool:

International footballer.

All options left ticked/unticked as they are I think.

I have England, Spain, Italy as playable and Germany, France, Portugal, Holland as view only with a large database. I would have more leagues loaded if my computer could handle it.

Id like to replicate real life and choose 'professional footballer' but i judge those levels as "difficulty ratings" so i always choose the lowest option. i usually set the game up loading most big nations from europe, south america and asia. then i custom my data base, setting it to large and loading all players from central europe, scandinavia and UK. Normally results in a players base of around 145k-200k.

How you getting on with this years game Gareth?? Havent discovered a super tactic yet, but ill keep an eye out! ;)

I'm doing pretty well on this years version. Created a 4-2-2-2 tactic that was very consistent on my 1st demo run but felt I could get more from my strikers so playing around with tactics quite heavily at the moment.

The Player Transfer.

ManUtdTransfers_History.png

Looking to get M'Vila or Barkley/Fellani in January. Gibson for 2.9M & James for 1.2M to be sold on 10th Jan. Cierro arriving in July as is Thiago. Diouf performing well for Palermo, hoping them to pay $ 7.9M & take him permanently.

WidePlayers.png

MiddlePlayers.png

If anyone decides to sell Berbatov, as i did, then have a look at Papiss Cisse(Freiberg), i've had him in the EPL, French league & German and he's extremley consistant.

Think I will sell Berba. Just not producing when call upon up to now. Likely get someone to play a similar role and back-up Rooney so more of a Rossi or Jovetic for me.

Archived