FM 2012: Manchester United team guide - CHAMP19NS and the most decorated club in England!

Fabio MVP

Leandro Damiao ST looks absolute class.

Just signed sven bender from dortmund for £9.5m as rotation for fletcher. has some good stats. also had a bid of £9.5m accepted for javi garcia from benfica also but went for bender instead as slightly better defensively which i wanted

Damiao looks very good. :thup: Bender indeed does looks better then Garcia, but I won't be going for them as I don't use DM.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damiao looks very good. :thup: Bender indeed does looks better then Garcia, but I won't be going for them as I don't use DM.

Bender is playing as an MC for me as a ball winning midfielder on defence duty. he just made his debut in my 1st league game against QPR and scored 1 and got 1 assist with a rating of 9.0. early days but looks promising.

Bender is playing as an MC for me as a ball winning midfielder on defence duty. he just made his debut in my 1st league game against QPR and scored 1 and got 1 assist with a rating of 9.0. early days but looks promising.

What a debut!

Have a look at Felipe Anderson from Santos.

he looks very good. Could be a top supportive MC in the future. :thup:

Really hope Pogba turns out well on this version, he's amazing :D

Indeed he is. Quite improved since 11.3. :) I'll be using him as a rotation for Carrick until Fletch recovers. Then Fletcher will be first choice and Carrick his rotation.

Still getting to grips with the demo. My main issue is sorting out the tactics really. Trying to find a decent attacking tactic that United play. Thinking Hernandez as a poacher, Rooney as a Deep Lying Forward and Nani as an Inside Forward. No idea what to do with the central midfielders or the team instructions. Anyone offer suggestions?

Still getting to grips with the demo. My main issue is sorting out the tactics really. Trying to find a decent attacking tactic that United play. Thinking Hernandez as a poacher, Rooney as a Deep Lying Forward and Nani as an Inside Forward. No idea what to do with the central midfielders or the team instructions. Anyone offer suggestions?

so far i have rooney as an advanced forward and hernandez as a poacher and they have been deadly. i am using a BWM on defend and a central midfielder on support for the central pairing which seems to be doing ok so far but only played 3 league games.

Chihca as a Advanced Forward and Rooney as a Deep Lying Forward (Support), so he can feed him with balls.

AMR & AML as Winger (Attack), so they can go byline and put crosses in. Chicha and Rooney might get at the end of those crosses.

MCa Central Midfielder (Support) and MCd Ball inning Midfielder (Defend).

Philosophy: Balanced, Strategy: Standard. That's how I play and during the matches I adjust everything depending on match situations.

so far i have rooney as an advanced forward and hernandez as a poacher and they have been deadly. i am using a BWM on defend and a central midfielder on support for the central pairing which seems to be doing ok so far but only played 3 league games.

Don't get me wrong on this one mate, but I'd never have two players on Attack duty. i always have one on Attack and one on Support. That way they drag center backs on two sides, so that leaves a lot of space for striker on Attack duty to use. But, as long as it's working for you don't change it. :D

Adryan gets a good scout report. He could potentially be awesome. Also possibly Casemiro. Seydou Doumbia isn't that young but he looks like he'll be awesome.

I don't use AMC and DMC and Doumbia isn't that young, but TBH all three are quite good. :thup:

How much do people pay for Damiao?

Didn't offer for him at all, but scout report says around £23m. I'm definitely going to get him in my full game.

Lucas Moura, Neymar, Mario Gotze and Ganso are obviously the heavyweights of the young players though.

But of course there's also Toni Kroos, Thiago, Hazard (obviously), Varane.

Also, Kyriakos Papadopoulos. He looks like he could become an absolute tank. Will get him in the full game too and see.

Didn't offer for him at all, but scout report says around £23m. I'm definitely going to get him in my full game.

Lucas Moura, Neymar, Mario Gotze and Ganso are obviously the heavyweights of the young players though.

But of course there's also Toni Kroos, Thiago, Hazard (obviously), Varane.

Also, Kyriakos Papadopoulos. He looks like he could become an absolute tank. Will get him in the full game too and see.

Kyriakos looks like he could be a decent player.

I'm getting so many injuries...

Nani, Young, Rooney, Cavani and Vidic are all injured. :(

EDIT: Yeah, I only used Jim Lawlor. :)

EDIT: Oh, another young player that looks like he could become pretty darn good - Pablo Sarabia.

I'm getting so many injuries...

Nani, Young, Rooney, Cavani and Vidic are all injured. :(

EDIT: Yeah, I only used Jim Lawlor. :)

EDIT: Oh, another young player that looks like he could become pretty darn good - Pablo Sarabia.

Sarabia is a very good shout. :thup: Didn't know you bought Cavani. :eek: How much did you pay for him? How is he performing?

Don't get me wrong on this one mate, but I'd never have two players on Attack duty. i always have one on Attack and one on Support. That way they drag center backs on two sides, so that leaves a lot of space for striker on Attack duty to use. But, as long as it's working for you don't change it. :D

I have rooney set as an advanced forward but have only slightly tweaked his settings. I have him to roam from position and put him on through balls as often. i know its early days and i am not that great with tactics on fm admittedly but so far rooney has 5 goals and 2 assists in 3 games and chicharito has 5 goals in 2 games. I also have my AMR & AML on winger attack and have tweaked them to have their wide play as normal so that they dont just hug the line as both nani and young are equally as good coming inside also and i have both to roam from position also. The thinking behind this was that those 3 would all roam around and effectively swap positions like they are doing in reality at present.

So far its working and i am playing some nice football with all 4 scoring and assisting. Will see how it goes though

I have rooney set as an advanced forward but have only slightly tweaked his settings. I have him to roam from position and put him on through balls as often. i know its early days and i am not that great with tactics on fm admittedly but so far rooney has 5 goals and 2 assists in 3 games and chicharito has 5 goals in 2 games. I also have my AMR & AML on winger attack and have tweaked them to have their wide play as normal so that they dont just hug the line as both nani and young are equally as good coming inside also and i have both to roam from position also. The thinking behind this was that those 3 would all roam around and effectively swap positions like they are doing in reality at present.

So far its working and i am playing some nice football with all 4 scoring and assisting. Will see how it goes though

Fair play to you TBF. KUTGW. :)

Sarabia is a very good shout. :thup: Didn't know you bought Cavani. :eek: How much did you pay for him? How is he performing?

I love Cavani, couldn't resist. And it's the demo so... :) Paid £28m over 48 months.

He was doing good, but it was Hernandez that was destroying teams with his great form, was banging them in. Then Cavani hit his form and was doing great, then netted a hat-trick against Bolton and they didn't appreciate it so he's out for just over a month. :(

In all competitions: 9 (1) appearances, 8 goals, 1 assist.

In the league: 6 (1) appearances, 7 goals, 1 assist.

EDIT: He had scored 6 in his last 3 games.

I love Cavani, couldn't resist. And it's the demo so... :) Paid £28m over 48 months.

He was doing good, but it was Hernandez that was destroying teams with his great form, was banging them in. Then Cavani hit his form and was doing great, then netted a hat-trick against Bolton and they didn't appreciate it so he's out for just over a month. :(

In all competitions: 9 (1) appearances, 8 goals, 1 assist.

In the league: 6 (1) appearances, 7 goals, 1 assist.

You bought him fairly cheaply TBH. He is also performing very well. Thanks Sampa.

Having a good start so far.

1st place with 10 wins and a draw , 37 goals and 10 against in 11 games

Got a freaking hard group in the CL with milan , dortmund and ajax.

All competions got 18 games ( 17 wins 1 draw) : 62 goals 17 against

Wellbeck carried the team in start, but when rooney got injured he dropped his form and now chica is doing very well with berba or with giggs behind him.

But anderson is the main star 2 goals nine assists in 14 games and has the highest rating in the team.

wanted to upload some screenshots but dont know how:(

Wellbeck carried the team in start, but when rooney got injured he dropped his form and now chica is doing very well with berba or with giggs behind him.

But anderson is the main star 2 goals nine assists in 14 games and has the highest rating in the team.

Welcome to the forums and to the thread. :thup: First of all I must say that is one impressive start! Here you can see how to add images. Enjoy and stay active. :)

Glad to see someone else having some success with Anderson :D

Brilliant opening post :)

Got game installed on main pc, but not a chance to play yet. Just about to install steam on laptop though simply for this demo. lol. More likely to use it that way.

Anyways. I probably start with my pretty normal formation from the last version, but I will manually set it up instead of moving it over... that way I am more likely to adapt it for the players I want to use. Namely no DMC, just use 2 MC's.

Think I will look to go with my prefered team for the real squad. I will not purchase players at all though on the first play through as I would focus on youth and there no point in demo.

As such the team will be:

De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Anderson, Cleverly, Nani, Young, Rooney, Hernandez

Tactic: 4-2-2-2, Fluid :)

With luck be succesful as last one

Brilliant opening post :)

Got game installed on main pc, but not a chance to play yet. Just about to install steam on laptop though simply for this demo. lol. More likely to use it that way.

Anyways. I probably start with my pretty normal formation from the last version, but I will manually set it up instead of moving it over... that way I am more likely to adapt it for the players I want to use. Namely no DMC, just use 2 MC's.

Think I will look to go with my prefered team for the real squad. I will not purchase players at all though on the first play through as I would focus on youth and there no point in demo.

As such the team will be:

De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Anderson, Cleverly, Nani, Young, Rooney, Hernandez

Tactic: 4-2-2-2, Fluid :)

With luck be succesful as last one

Cheers mate. :) Was expecting you in this thread. Hopefully you'll be here the same as in last thread. :thup:

@ManUtdFan: Nice victory which will set you up well for the season. : )

Hey fab, your doing well on my liverpool save. This is how well your doing. :D

BurnleyvManUtdInformation_Overview.png

Hey Stevie, cheers for letting us know, eh! :mad: Will anyone in here post the bloody SS of Liverpool getting well beaten?! :D

EDIT: Actually post it in their thread!

Near perfect start to the league. Only conceding a goal against Fulham on a 3-1 win.

KrIJa.jpg

Anderson has the best avg rating but has only has 5 (1) appearances. Ashley young is 2nd best with 8 games played.

Oh and see how well City are doing :lol:

Near perfect start to the league. Only conceding a goal against Fulham on a 3-1 win.

KrIJa.jpg

Anderson has the best avg rating but has only has 5 (1) appearances. Ashley young is 2nd best with 8 games played.

Oh and see how well City are doing :lol:

That's outstanding. All the people seem to do very well so far. :thup:

iXnL9.jpg

This is Ando, out performing everyone at the moment. I bought Hamsik at the start since I thought I needed some creativity in the centre. But Ando has been doing a fine job and Hamsik is on the bench at the moment. I will give Hamsik some time though, since he is settling into the club.

iXnL9.jpg

This is Ando, out performing everyone at the moment. I bought Hamsik at the start since I thought I needed some creativity in the centre. But Ando has been doing a fine job and Hamsik is on the bench at the moment. I will give Hamsik some time though, since he is settling into the club.

Why is there no data below the face picture? :S

No it happens when you have 'Show recent attribute changes' ticked. They already know about the bug.

I always have that option ticked and it didn't happen to me so far. I'm using light skin FWIW. Must be random then. :D

Archived