FM 2012: Manchester United team guide - CHAMP19NS and the most decorated club in England!

Fabio MVP

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Stevie, cheers for letting us know, eh! :mad: Will anyone in here post the bloody SS of Liverpool getting well beaten?! :D

EDIT: Actually post it in their thread!

Not gonna go that far, but beat them 4:1 , thanks to goals from Rooney and Chicharito x3

Just pre-ordered my copy, can't wait to get my hands on it now. Really interested to see how good the likes of Welbeck, Cleverley, Jones, Smalling, the twins, Pogba and co can get. So many top young talents, instant long term game right there :p

Just pre-ordered my copy, can't wait to get my hands on it now. Really interested to see how good the likes of Welbeck, Cleverley, Jones, Smalling, the twins, Pogba and co can get. So many top young talents, instant long term game right there :p

That's the spirit! That's what we're looking for!

Never really got into a Man Utd game on the last one, got into a City one instead wihile I waited for patch 3, which lasted 15 seasons :p So really need a virtual pledge of allegiance to the good side.

Played a few games on the demo, Welbeck was really strutting his stuff in pre season, and Berba scored a 40 yard strike in one game off the bar. Tried Rooney as a Complete Forward but after reading in here it sounds like Advanced Forward or Defensive Forward is the way to go. Boy do I hope I get the game early. :p

Ravel is still doing well for me, 5 goals and 2 assists in 10 starts. Playing him as an AML (Advanced playmaker - attack)

k2tZT.png

And I've got Giggs tutoring Pogba..

4WKIy.png

Coming along nicely :cool:

Quite impressive progress there. :thup: KUTGW.

Yes Grozny nice stuff with Morrison. He can't get a game on mine. He's had a few apps but no starts. I'm looking more towards cleverly. Pogba is learning from Carrick in my game, and coming along very nicely too.

Well, West Brom have been in sensational form in my game. Even out scoring me in the league!

hhjnl.jpg

Clearly Odemwingie is doing a good job for them and seems to be he would be a good signing for most prem teams. Maybe not for top 6 but anyone else he would be prolific.

cO0rt.jpg

Odemwingie always tended to do fairly well on FM 11 too. Also, nice form. 10 games in and 10 points clear is a good position to be in.

Yes, I'm enjoying my start to my Utd career :) Just shame that in my European group I've W1 D1 L1.

Anyone having as much fun with Welbeck as i am? Hernandez got injured for 2 months, so i gave Welbeck his spot in the first team and he can't stop scoring 10 goals in 10 games so far. I'm having a bit of a problem with Nani, i accidentally forgot to pick a team talk in a match he did terrific in and now he wants to leave club.

this is probably going to be my first long term save when i get the real game... its just too hard to miss out on developing the next group of golden generation of utd players

anyone tried getting busquets in? ive heard he's pretty easily tempted , and for pretty damn cheap too.. £15 odd million and a sub-100k contract ... sounds like a bargain for a united team lacking a carrick style player... apart from carrick of course :p

Sounds like a good deal for Busquets. I'm more interested in getting in a more attack minded midfielder when I start the game though, as Fletcher can play the defensive role, and Anderson can play any role really. I used Anderson and Cleverley in pre-season, and they both played very well, so I might just bring some youth in, not that we really need it :p

Edit: Yay 1000 posts :p

Sounds like a good deal for Busquets. I'm more interested in getting in a more attack minded midfielder when I start the game though, as Fletcher can play the defensive role, and Anderson can play any role really. I used Anderson and Cleverley in pre-season, and they both played very well, so I might just bring some youth in, not that we really need it :p

Edit: Yay 1000 posts :p

I have just seen that same post about busquets, you can get him for 13.5m apparently which is a cracking deal. I also looked at kovacic who was good on fm11 and he looks quite promising so i will probably bring in both of those on the full game and sell carrick off leaving me busquets and fletcher for the defensive role and the anderson / cleverly and kovacic for the creative player. a good group of youngsters to develop there with pogba to come in later.

I cant wait for the full release now. This years fm has to be the most looked forward to for man utd fans for ages as we have so many good young players to bring in. gone are the days when i spend £25m on a top player as i will be spending all my money on players under 24.

Anyone having as much fun with Welbeck as i am? Hernandez got injured for 2 months, so i gave Welbeck his spot in the first team and he can't stop scoring 10 goals in 10 games so far. I'm having a bit of a problem with Nani, i accidentally forgot to pick a team talk in a match he did terrific in and now he wants to leave club.

Here is Welbeck's last 4 games. Starting to get into good scoring form now with me, now Rooney is out injured.

2FoyJ.jpg

Shame about your Nani situation. Seems like odd behaviour!

I was thinking the same thing, gareth. I looked at Kovacic, but went for Labyad instead, and a centre midfielder from Bremen I think. Plenty of good young players around, but will look to give the ones at the club already a big chance, providing they have good potential.

I was thinking the same thing, gareth. I looked at Kovacic, but went for Labyad instead, and a centre midfielder from Bremen I think. Plenty of good young players around, but will look to give the ones at the club already a big chance, providing they have good potential.

Zakaria so much better then on FM 11.3. :thup:

There's only really one youth target for me this year...

Mbaye Niang.

He is decent.

Here is Welbeck's last 4 games. Starting to get into good scoring form now with me, now Rooney is out injured.

2FoyJ.jpg

Shame about your Nani situation. Seems like odd behaviour!

Yea here is Welbeck on my save, he just scored a hattrick in his previous match

bR28D.jpg

Rooney can't seem to score to save his life lately, so i'm glad the goals are coming from somewhere.

I am a bit confused by this red card given to De Gea for handballing, and it just happened to be a match i decided to leave a keeper on the bench.

Other than that i am having a fantastic run in the EPL. I haven't faced any top teams yet, well except for Liverpool

Afehx.jpg

I prefer to play with a lone striker and 2 inside forwards. Given the reaches I have at the club, I have a very good options at the ST and AMR. Retraining few to be AMC.

Any suggestion for the AML inside forward, other than having Munian or Neymar. Morrison is good there, but young. Young remains the solitary option.

I prefer to play with a lone striker and 2 inside forwards. Given the reaches I have at the club, I have a very good options at the ST and AMR. Retraining few to be AMC.

Any suggestion for the AML inside forward, other than having Munian or Neymar. Morrison is good there, but young. Young remains the solitary option.

Hazard is a great buy depending on how much you are willing to spend

He looks good emre can. i signed him on my game. not sure why really considering i wont see him develop as i never continue my demo games.

Lol, yeah same. It's November and just offered for him then just cancelled the deal because I won't even continue the demo, lol.

After messing around with the Demo whole day yesterday and finding out some new stuff I now updated all opening posts on the first page. Also I decided that I will take records into consideration when the full game is out. I hope everyone finds that to be okay. I added my training schedules in one of the opening posts. I can not wait for full game to be released and for the release day patch, so I can start playing properly on that day. I will buy the game from Steam on the release date.

After messing around with the Demo whole day yesterday and finding out some new stuff I now updated all opening posts on the first page. Also I decided that I will take records into consideration when the full game is out. I hope everyone finds that to be okay. I added my training schedules in one of the opening posts. I can not wait for full game to be released and for the release day patch, so I can start playing properly on that day. I will buy the game from Steam on the release date.

I'm thinking I'm going to get the game from Steam too... It's more money but it's so much easier! And will literally be able to play at midnight.

You're going to buy from Steam on the release date? Not going to get it beforehand so it does the pre-download?

I'm thinking I'm going to get the game from Steam too... It's more money but it's so much easier! And will literally be able to play at midnight.

You're going to buy from Steam on the release date? Not going to get it beforehand so it does the pre-download?

It's indeed much easier and safer to buy it from Steam though it is more expensive. I'll buy on the release day. I won't pre-order it as I expect servers to crush down on the evening of the 20th October. :D

Anyone had Mike Phelan leave for a managers job and then the news says STOCKPORT got 425k compensation?

Also, what staff do people think are worth keeping and which for junking? We're losing a lot of money and I like to trim staff down, especially when I've faffed with what coaches do what in training - if they don't add to the stars then they go! And scouts are only useful for the first few seasons because after that I check pretty much all the newgens myself. Also, a lot of good new staff (newgens or old players) appear for very little money. Incidentally, does anyone know if the regen dates are staying the same?

Lastly, as I understand it you can add leagues in mid game in fm 2012. Does that mean that I could continue with my save game and then add in the Brazil, Spain and Italy leagues later with on with no detrimental effects?

Cheers and thanks for the excellent thread and all posters to it!

Anyone had Mike Phelan leave for a managers job and then the news says STOCKPORT got 425k compensation?

Also, what staff do people think are worth keeping and which for junking? We're losing a lot of money and I like to trim staff down, especially when I've faffed with what coaches do what in training - if they don't add to the stars then they go! And scouts are only useful for the first few seasons because after that I check pretty much all the newgens myself. Also, a lot of good new staff (newgens or old players) appear for very little money. Incidentally, does anyone know if the regen dates are staying the same?

Lastly, as I understand it you can add leagues in mid game in fm 2012. Does that mean that I could continue with my save game and then add in the Brazil, Spain and Italy leagues later with on with no detrimental effects?

Cheers and thanks for the excellent thread and all posters to it!

I think newgen dates are staying the same. You can continue your save game from the Demo in the full game and you will be ale to add/remove leagues though you will have to you small database. I wouldn't get rid of any staff in the first season TBH as they are world class. Just improve them in the seconds season. They aren't wasting you a lot of money and the debt is smaller then in 11.3 plus it takes less time now to pay it off. Also we have pretty much secured future with players we have ATM, so not a lot of investments will be needed anyway.

Having had a play around with the demo you can obviously get some decent young players for reasonable prices this year. With this in mind i was going to start my full game by selling off players i either dont rate or because they are older. Has anyone tried to sell off any of the following on the demo and if so how much for:

Kuszczak - i have got £1m from getafe

Gibson - cant get rid of at present

Carrick - £8.75m to sunderland - i cant stand carrick irl as imo he is simply not good enough for man utd so want to get rid of him and get kovacic instead

Park - £8.5m to either tottenham or sunderland. i offered him out at this so may be able to get more. only selling as he wont be 1st choice and id rather buy younger

Berbatov - no offers yet and offered him out at £11.5m

Owen - no offers even when offered at £500k

Diouf - £2.8m to palermo.

Getting kuszczak, park, carrick off of the wages and for these prices has meant i can raise my transfer budget to almost £40m. This would give me plenty to invest in a few more good youngsters and one decent player (busquets or leandro damaio)

I just thought I would mention that I'm loving the youth team we have now FM 12 is going to be awesome for a long term utd save. Was also a little dissapointed to see that Pogba didn't have very good long shots, however one of the first things i did was to get my coaches to teach him to take long shots and he agreed ! awesome!

Bought Ola John dubbed 'The New Arjen Robben', Gregory Weil and made bids for Stegen and Damiao.

Could not buy Gotze even for 30 million.

Sold Berbatov for 5.5 million and Gibson for 2 million. Trying to get rid of Carrick and Diof. Will get rid of Park too on full game.

Coaches signed are Bisciotti and Baldini.

Having had a play around with the demo you can obviously get some decent young players for reasonable prices this year. With this in mind i was going to start my full game by selling off players i either dont rate or because they are older. Has anyone tried to sell off any of the following on the demo and if so how much for:

Kuszczak - i have got £1m from getafe

Gibson - cant get rid of at present

Carrick - £8.75m to sunderland - i cant stand carrick irl as imo he is simply not good enough for man utd so want to get rid of him and get kovacic instead

Park - £8.5m to either tottenham or sunderland. i offered him out at this so may be able to get more. only selling as he wont be 1st choice and id rather buy younger

Berbatov - no offers yet and offered him out at £11.5m

Owen - no offers even when offered at £500k

Diouf - £2.8m to palermo.

Getting kuszczak, park, carrick off of the wages and for these prices has meant i can raise my transfer budget to almost £40m. This would give me plenty to invest in a few more good youngsters and one decent player (busquets or leandro damaio)

Berbatov offer out for £10 Million and Juventus usually snap him up. Have done so far in about 5 plays through of the Demo. Do find it annoying I can't get Gibson or Owen to leave, nobody wants them it seems at the start of the game. Might have to offer then for loan see if I can part with them that way.

I find with the transfers and budget adjustment you can get well in excess of £60 million to spend in the first window. Heck with Monthly Installment Deals I spent £104 Million by the close of the transfer window in one game.

Bought Ola John dubbed 'The New Arjen Robben', Gregory Weil and made bids for Stegen and Damiao.

Could not buy Gotze even for 30 million.

Sold Berbatov for 5.5 million and Gibson for 2 million. Trying to get rid of Carrick and Diof. Will get rid of Park too on full game.

Coaches signed are Bisciotti and Baldini.

FWIW those comparisons are only based on position, nationality, height and weight. Nothing to do withe CA and/or PA.

Have been patient with him up to the Basel game in the Champions League, but I feel I have to drop Chicharito as he's just wasting too many chances in front of goal. Honestly its like he's come down with a case of the Andy Cole's or worse the Torres disease. I know we are winning games and racked up 5 against Basel, but with someone else in Chicharito's place I think we'd hit double figures. Here's te Highlights from the Game, showing he doesn't even hit the target or test the keeper his finishing is so poor:

[video=youtube_share;wvyXr8mCCr0]

After the game I bollocked his performance which upset him and some of the team as he somehow got an 8.50 rating despite me taking off after just 60 minutes. Guessing scoring a single goal still distorts a players actual rating in this game. So I decided to put him in the Reserves until he learns to finish better and convert his chances. !st game out against Leeds and this is what he does:

chicharito.png

I think he may just hate me and not like performing for me.

Well, finally got the demo downloaded, impressed so far, but haven't played much, looking forward to getting stuck in. Great OP Fab, exactly what's needed. You guys have brought up some interesting talents, may have to shift some deadwood to get some of them in.

Looking forward to some more excellent banter this year. :)

Well, finally got the demo downloaded, impressed so far, but haven't played much, looking forward to getting stuck in. Great OP Fab, exactly what's needed. You guys have brought up some interesting talents, may have to shift some deadwood to get some of them in.

Looking forward to some more excellent banter this year. :)

Cheers mate. Be sure to stay active and regular. :)

I am a bit confused by this red card given to De Gea for handballing, and it just happened to be a match i decided to leave a keeper on the bench.[/url]

Think there's a bug in the match engine. I just played Liverpool and Phil Jones made what appeared to be a clean backpass to De Gea. He got penalised for Handball, Sent Off and Liverpool given a penalty. Fortunately they missed but I thought what the hell? I never have a goalie on the bench. Had to bring Ferdinand on to go in Goal.

Well my decision to dump Chicharito paid off in the Game against Liverpool. Take a Bow Danny Welbeck:

[video=youtube_share;3w0k_d3VvV4]

That'll earn him instant Legend Status at the Club I reckon. Always lovely to score at the Kop End as well. I simply refuse to lose at Anfield in Football Manager games. I hate the Scouse.

Archived