FM 2012: Manchester United team guide - CHAMP19NS and the most decorated club in England!

Fabio MVP

Well it is official that the <26 squad can easily win the league and various trophies at the same time infact, so we got a squad to dominate for years. It was closer matches then with the experienced players (mind you it may be the different tactic) but they still went undefeated, but did drop some points

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may give him an opportunity here and there through rotation then to see how he does for me. I also play Cleverley and Fletcher in the centre of midfield. They are 2 of my favourite players in real life and they have great abilities in FM12, however, I can't seem to shake the feeling that i need someone with a bit of experience about them until Cleverley gets a bit older. My intention was to bring someone in (my ideal choice would have been Sneijder but we all know that's not going to happen) and use Cleverley as a rotation and for less challenging games until he had the capabilities to take over at the top end. My problem is I can't seem to find anyone that fits the bill as a central midfielder with excellent attacking attributes (much like Sneijder), do you have any recommendations?

I've not had a response to this yet and was wondering if anyone had any interesting feedback?

I've not had a response to this yet and was wondering if anyone had any interesting feedback?

I always found Ganso to be great in this role, he might need some extra positional training but he is a class act. Modric and Gourcuff did well for me as CM's in FM11, again I had to start positional training but they're good enough to boss the midfield straight away. I'd be tempted to stick with what you've got though, bring Pogba through and give Cleverley the game time he needs.

I always found Ganso to be great in this role, he might need some extra positional training but he is a class act. Modric and Gourcuff did well for me as CM's in FM11, again I had to start positional training but they're good enough to boss the midfield straight away. I'd be tempted to stick with what you've got though, bring Pogba through and give Cleverley the game time he needs.

To get Modric I'd have to let the board take care of it and they end up paying something like £45M+ for him so for me he isn't really an option. Gourcuff, I haven't actually looked at yet but have signed him in previous games. How much can you acquire him for? Are there any more experienced options?

To get Modric I'd have to let the board take care of it and they end up paying something like £45M+ for him so for me he isn't really an option. Gourcuff, I haven't actually looked at yet but have signed him in previous games. How much can you acquire him for? Are there any more experienced options?

Haven't bought Gourcuff on FM12 yet, I imagine in the £25m region but I could be very wrong. How about Hamsik? He's available for that sort of price according to my scouts who rate him very highly. Who have you currently got for CM anyway?

Haven't bought Gourcuff on FM12 yet, I imagine in the £25m region but I could be very wrong. How about Hamsik? He's available for that sort of price according to my scouts who rate him very highly. Who have you currently got for CM anyway?

My previous post which I have quoted at the top of this page explains my situation.

Manchester United Demo Game:

Pre-season:

I’m going to start my regular game, with Man United. I’m hoping to continue it into the start of the game proper, as I remember seeing that it would be compatible.

I’m wanting to try and go as far as possible without bringing new players into the club, at too much expense. I’ll buy if I need to or if someone of world class quality becomes available in a position I do not have that type of quality in already.

I have agreed a deal with DC United for them to be a feeder club, expanding our stature in the Eastern United States, hopefully increasing revenue streams. I will be looking to increase our media presence in further countries as the game progresses.

Training: I have created Training schedules for each position, based on what I believe each training slider gives each type of player. For my entire first team squad and reserve team, I have set an individual training focus; this will be reviewed once every 2 months in game.

I have set my senior players to tutor a younger squad member, hopefully the title winning experience held will rub off on the players coming through. (Has anyone found a player that Morrison will agree to as a tutor? He seems as though he could be a quality player, but also a disruptive one)

Staff: I have bought in some new staff, and let a few others go. I believe that we now have a bigger chance of improvement.

Tactics: Three tactics have been set, with a focus on attacking movement for the match preparation to start with.

First choice tactic is a 4 – 2 – 2 – 2 formation with inside forwards and a deep lying CF in play.

Second choice is a Barcelona inspired 4-1-2-2-1 again with inside forwards and an Anchor Man

Third choice is a Alex Ferguson European inspired team with defensive wingers and counter attacking players.

Squad: As noted before, no players have been bought in. I am looking to offload some fringe player like Kuszczak and Gibson but no-one is biting

Matches:

Vs Reserve side 4 – 0 win (Rooney 2, Vidic, Nani) MOM = Wayne Rooney

Vs Antwerp 3 – 1 win (Welbeck, Owen, Enkangamene) MOM = Ryan Giggs

Vs Avignon 5 – 0 win (Nani, Vidic, Welbeck, Rooney, Valencia) MOM = Fabio

Vs Guingamp 4 – 0 win (Rooney, Hernandez, Owen, Giggs) MOM = Vidic

Vs Nimes 4 – 0 win (Welbeck 3, Valencia) MOM = Welbeck

Vs Internacional 1-1 (Hernandez) MOM = Hernandez

Vs Juventus 3 – 0 Win (Hernandez 2, Smalling) MOM = Hernandez

Vs Sao Paulo 2 – 0 Win (Owen, Smalling) MOM = Smalling

CS vs Man City 3 – 1 win (Hernandez, Young, Anderson) MOM = Hernandez

Month One:

Good start to the season for us, with three wins from three and no goals conceded our three tactics are working well and the team talks have thus far gone well.

Training: Some big improvements have been seen, from Paul Pogba (Being Tutored by Michael Carrick), Tom Cleverley (Being tutored by Ryan Giggs).

Transfers:

Out:

Sam Johnstone – Huddersfield (Loan)

Reece Brown – Southend (Loan)

Matches:

Vs QPR 5 – 0 win (Hernandez 3, Wellbeck, Rooney) MOM = Hernandez

Vs Sunderland 4 – 0 win (Giggs 2, Vidic, Rooney) MOM = Giggs

Vs Wigan 1 – 0 win (Hernandez) MOM = Hernandez

Player of the month Award: Hernandez came second

Young Player of the month Award: Rafael first, Phil Jones Third

Manager of the Month Award: Me

League Table:

Played 3 Won 3 Scored 10 Conceded 0 Points 9

We are currently ahead of Tottenham and Man City on goal difference.

Ave Ratings:

Hernandez 8:18

Vidic 7:90

Young 7:65

Goal scorers:

Hernandez 4

Giggs 2

Rooney 2

Vidic 1

Welbeck 1

Assists:

Young 3

Cleverley 2

Hernandez 1

Valencia 1

Rooney 1

Evans 1

My Player of the month : Javier Hernandez

Just finished my first go with United on the demo and very happy with how it went and the squad. Decided to just use the current squad as much as I could which is very unusual for me and did confirm my initial ideas. Great op btw Fabio.

Table - Dropped points away at Liverpool which was only disapointment.

Planned Tactic - Quite a basic formation to take advantage of the great players out wide with a quick counter attack. Likely try to get a more attacking one ready as had a defensive one but think I used it once for 10mins.

Goalkeeper Stats - De Gea was 1st choice but would be happy to call on Lindegaard if I had too. De Gea made some mistakes early on but became more reliable and made some world class saves throughout. Will likely get a young 3rd choice GK and move a few on that are not good enough and won't make it.

Player Stats

My squad breakdown and likely transfers.

RB - Rafael is the main option and only natural RB able to be a starter so as the op states will need to get someone in. Could stick with Smalling and Fabio to cover in the short term but with them in my plans to play elsewhere in the future. Getting someone in would likely have the position sorted for years. Srna would be a tempting target with City seeming to always want him so beating them to him would be fun but around 15mil and a expensive contract make it not looking so good. There is a few other experienced RB all 10mil + , many named in op who are around Rafael level which means I'll will likely go for a younger option. Sime Vrsaljko was the only transfer in due to Rafael getting injured early on for a while and did fantastic and will likely the one I will go for. Would like Walker but would cost 20mil+.

CBs - Strongest position - Vidic and Rio with Smalling, Jones and Evans. All did well for me when they played. Smalling and Jones can play either CB role well so will have to find out when the time comes which setup is better. Evans suits the cover role so will likely get a stopper but unlikely won't need one for at least 4/5 years

LBs - Evra and Fabio and the position looks sorted for a few years and hope a youth player comes through but may try and get Baines in(If a player trade looks a good deal) to ease Fabio in to the starting line up if he can make being a starter.

Ball Winner CM - Fletcher is the only option but I did use Jones often there but will need back up with Jones going to be CB. Likely get a young player in (Sven Bender, Kyriakos Papadopoulos) Carrick does not fit in to plans so plan to sell and same as Gibson.

Advance Playermaker CM - Giggs can last a season or 2. Ando/Cleverley provide cover early on and will likely improve and make the move to battle to start. Pogba likely will get loaned out for a season and can cover/battle to start when Ando/Cleverley break through but I think he may go in the other CM spot if I change it to a DLP. Morrson is also likely to be in contention if I retain him but may use him out wide. Depending on how things develop may get Ganso/Thiago Alcântara at a later date.

RM/RW - Nani and Valencia position sorted for years. Januzaj is also waiting in the wings. Nani was injured for ages and Valencia steped up and was class so very hard to pick who to start.

LM/LW Young is only option. Tried Park LM and RM and was plaining to used him when needed to defend but did not do as well as I would of like so will likely sell. Mario Gotze is the long term target but would cost too much in the first season so may try to unsettle him. Likely get Iker Muniain who can cover Rooney at the same time. Or get Rossi and retain him to play LM/LW or get both :) Depending on what happens will depend if Morrson goes on loan or not

STs - Rooney and Hernandez equal having the starting STs for years. Welbeck can easily cover Hernandez but have huge doubts about Berba so will likely sell and get a younger player. As stated before likely be Rossi or Iker Muniain. Owen could stay but think will limit Welbeck chances so will likely sell. Diouf will also go with Macheda likely going on loan.

Likely Main Sales/Loans

Kuszczak - Sell

Carrick - Sell

Gibson - Sell

Diouf - Sell

Park - Sell

Berbatov - Sell

Owen - Sell

Morrison - Loan

Pogba - Loan

Macheda - Loan

Likely Transfers

Sime Vrsaljko

Sven Bender/Kyriakos Papadopoulos

Iker Muniain/Rossi

Any money left will go on young prospects.

Month Two

A couple of draws in this month, in games we should have won. Both had players rested but we should have gotten better results.

Training: Pogba, Cleverley and Welbeck continue to improve. Rio Ferdinand has declined rapidly, though mostly down to injury

Transfers:

Out:

Marnick Vermijl – Morecambe (Loan)

Matches:

Vs Aston Villa 1 – 1 (Rooney) MOM = Nani

Vs Malmo (EC) 1 – 0 win (Vidic) MOM = Evans

Vs Liverpool 2 – 0 win (Rooney, Vidic) MOM = Vidic

Vs Hull (LC) 3 -0 win (Macheda 2, Evans) MOM = Macheda

Vs Tottenham 3 – 1 win (Hernandez, Young, Bassong OG) MOM =Young

Vs OM (EC) 1 – 1 (Lobos OG) MOM = Vidic

Awards:

Manager of month:

Me 2nd

League

1st on Goal scored from Manchester City

Played 6 Won 5 Drawn 1 Lost 0 For 16 Against 2 Points 16

Ave Ratings:

Fabio 8

Vidic 7:78

Giggs 7:42

Goal scorers:

Hernandez 4

Rooney 4

Giggs 2

Vidic 2

Welbeck 1

Assists:

Young 3

Nani 3

Cleverley 2

Rooney 2

Hernandez 1

Valencia 1

Evans 1

My Player of the month : Nemanja Vidic

Month three:

Our first defeat following an early sending off for Vidic and a toothless attacking display has soured an otherwise good month. We are struggling to take our league form into Europe though which is a small cause for concern.

Training: Big improvement from Morrison and Will Keane.

Matches

Vs Fulham 2-1 Loss (Rooney) Vidic S/O

Vs Swansea 3-1 win (Hernandez, Smalling, Jones) MOM = Young

Vs Leverkausen (EC) 1 -1 (Cleverley) MOM = Cleverley

Vs WBA 6 – 1 win (Hernandez 3, Nani, Berbatov, Scharner OG) MOM = Hernandez

Vs QPR (LC) 2 – 0 win (Berbatov, Cleverley) MOM = Anderson

Vs Blackburn 2 – 1 win (Evra, Hernandez) MOM = Young

League

Played 10 Won 8 Drawn 1 Lost 1 For 28 Against 1 Points 25

1st ahead of Manchester City and Tottenham on goal difference

Awards:

Player of the Month: Ashley Young 2nd

Young Player of the month: David De Gea 2nd

Ave Ratings:

Vidic 7:66

Young 7:54

Hernandez 7:48

Goal scorers:

Hernandez 10

Rooney 5

Giggs 2

Vidic 2

Welbeck , Smalling, Jones, Young, Evra, Nani 1

Assists:

Young 7

Nani 3

Cleverley, Rooney, Hernandez , Park 2

Valencia, Evans, Anderson 1

My Player of the Month: Ashley Young

Got a 2 and a half hour train journey on friday. Please god, let me have FM installed by then. :p

Ashley Young seems to be performing really well for a lot of people. Better on the left and Nani on the right I take it?

Yes. Young as AML and Nani as AMR.

For those interested in selling off some players, I've loaded up a new game 6 different times and tried setting different transfer fees for 'rotation' players. I'm going to try out some other players too, but keep in mind that the more players you offer, the less you're receive (Sunderland, Newcastle, and Tottenham have interest in many Man Utd players). I've also included the board's response to your dealings.

Confirmed transfers from the Demo database (within the first week):

Ferdinand - 12M over 48 months to Bayern Munich, but United pay +41K/week until June 2013 - Disappointed to sell (very poor)

Evans - 7.5M to FCP, but United pay +18.25K/week until June 2014 - Done well with fee (good)

Berbatov - 10M over 48 months to Juventus - Trust the club, decent fee (okay)

Carrick - 2.1M + 6M over 18 months (8.1M total) to Sunderland - Trust the club, decent fee (okay)

Park - 10M over 48 months to Tottenham - Trust the club, decent fee (okay)

Kuszczak - 2M over 48 to Getafe - Done well with fee (good)

Anderson - 21M to Arsenal - Fairly confident that it won't be good business for Arsenal (good)

Keane - 800K to Wolves

These aren't necessarily the dealings I will be doing when FM goes live in a couple of hours, but it might give you options you didn't think about before. Keep in mind that the board is only going to give you 60% of your transfers unless you request otherwise.

I love Anderson, but if Arsenal is willing to part with 21M, that's tempting...

For those interested in selling off some players, I've loaded up a new game 6 different times and tried setting different transfer fees for 'rotation' players. I'm going to try out some other players too, but keep in mind that the more players you offer, the less you're receive (Sunderland, Newcastle, and Tottenham have interest in many Man Utd players). I've also included the board's response to your dealings.

Confirmed transfers from the Demo database (within the first week):

Ferdinand - 12M over 48 months to Bayern Munich, but United pay +41K/week until June 2013 - Disappointed to sell (very poor)

Evans - 7.5M to FCP, but United pay +18.25K/week until June 2014 - Done well with fee (good)

Berbatov - 10M over 48 months to Juventus - Trust the club, decent fee (okay)

Carrick - 2.1M + 6M over 18 months (8.1M total) to Sunderland - Trust the club, decent fee (okay)

Park - 10M over 48 months to Tottenham - Trust the club, decent fee (okay)

Kuszczak - 2M over 48 to Getafe - Done well with fee (good)

Anderson - 21M to Arsenal - Fairly confident that it won't be good business for Arsenal (good)

Keane - 800K to Wolves

These aren't necessarily the dealings I will be doing when FM goes live in a couple of hours, but it might give you options you didn't think about before. Keep in mind that the board is only going to give you 60% of your transfers unless you request otherwise.

I love Anderson, but if Arsenal is willing to part with 21M, that's tempting...

Its not a bad deal for Anderson but I would never sell him, he's class on FM.

has anyone checked out the players people thought may be upgraded in terms of ca/pa yet on the editor?

i have but dont want to share or give anything away unless people want me to. to be honest i never really use the editor but as intrigued to see how some of the youngsters are rated.

has anyone checked out the players people thought may be upgraded in terms of ca/pa yet on the editor?

i have but dont want to share or give anything away unless people want me to. to be honest i never really use the editor but as intrigued to see how some of the youngsters are rated.

Nope but I wanna see some, you couldn't private message me a few could you

Gareth can you please PM me the CA/PAs of De Gea, Jones, Rooney, Smalling, Cleverley, Welbeck, Evans, Anderson, Nani, Macheda and the Twins?

I know it's a lot But i'd appreciate it very much and Im not gonna get the game before tuesday. :)

Anyone getting their release copy yet today? I mostly wait till a hardcopy of disc to be release someday later.. : ( Can't afford for the digital copy with the price. Does the database change much for Man Utd compare to the demo version?

I'm just about to start properly with United, had a little look around last night because luckily for me my Amazon order came yesterday but I was too tired to play last night. I can't whether to turn the transfer budgets off for the first window? I like it to be realistic but I don't wanna find a youngster and not be able to buy him.

Thought I'd load it up this morning before work to start seeting my long term save up. Unfortunately I'm one of the lucky ones who's having problems starting the game! So instead of coming home and playing FM tonight and tomorrow, I get to come home and play about with settings and dxdiags etc WOO HOO!

Anyone getting their release copy yet today? I mostly wait till a hardcopy of disc to be release someday later.. : ( Can't afford for the digital copy with the price. Does the database change much for Man Utd compare to the demo version?

I ordered mine from game weeks ago. It turned up yesterday TWICE!!!

Have only been charged for one aswell. Workmate is currently very happy having inherited a free copy.

Looking forward to finishing work and spending most of the night playing.

Just started the real game proper after finishing the demo.

Not even played a game yet spent all the time sorting out backroom staff and training. Only downside is some of the staff i found on the demo are'nt on the full game which is strange. Got all training now between 4-5 star which is good.

Players wise im looking to offload Berbatov, carrick.

Promoted - welbeck, pogba and morrison.

Looking for a cm and that will probably be the only business except maybe some younger players

Gareth can you please PM me the CA/PAs of De Gea, Jones, Rooney, Smalling, Cleverley, Welbeck, Evans, Anderson, Nani, Macheda and the Twins?

I know it's a lot But i'd appreciate it very much and Im not gonna get the game before tuesday. :)

If anyone's still interested...

de Gea 180, Jones 170, Smalling 166, Rafael 168, Cleverley 160, Fabio -9, Morrison -9, Pogba -9, Macheda -8, Welbeck -8 (all PA's) Can't remember Rooney, Evans, Anderson or Nani exactly and don't want to guestimate, sorry.

Had Berba going for £15m to PSG but they couldn't find funds :rolleyes: than couldn't get any offers and had to sell for £5.5m :(

Unlucky, I got £10m for Berbatov off Inter. Didn't really want to sell him but his wages combined with his age makes it an easy decision.

Will be starting my save when I get home from work. Looking to overhaul the squad a bit so am going to sell Kuszczak, Carrick, Valencia, Park, Owen, Diouf and Berbatov. Will also possibly sell a few others depending on what I can get for them or if I need some extra cash.

Will be looking to buy Vrsaljka, Gotze, Kovacic and Lucas Moura and loaning Thiago. May also buy a youngish DM.

Will be playing a variation of 4-4-2 which worked well for me on the demo which looks something like;

-----------SK(s)

FB(d)--CD(d)--CD(d)--FB(s)

----------BWM(d)

----DLP(s)

----------AP(s)----ISF(s)

-------CF(s)---P(a)

Archived